Poll: Would you be happy with this?

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Only if they copy what Nost did to an extent.

No i want pre 1.8 Alterac Valley, not the nerfed version

Deleted
    That's not how it works.

It's a 1.12 client. So apart from talents, you can choose which build to use.

The real issue is that with 1.12 talents, Molten Core is not a challenge. BWL is the same story.

PvP is far more balanced at 1.12 though, rogues do not dominate like they did in earlier game for example.

The ideal way for the game to go is to start with 1.1 and progress through them in a timeline that suits the average end game player base

I would say no, simply because it skimps out on a lot of things that made classic great, plus you have to worry about balance issues. Molten Core and BWL will be trivial with 1.12 changes. I would be okay with a 1.1 release, but with some obvious additions, like..Adding Mauradon I think is safe at the start of the game, but definitely not Dire Maul. Making it so random pieces of tier 2 not drop in Molten Core would be needed, as well. (I'm not talking about t2 legs off rag, bosses had a chance to drop all pieces of t2 early in vanilla.)

No, not really. Raids should open up progressively like in classic, for multiple reasons. If all opens at once, many people will fall behind, and raids such as mc will too quickly become obsolete.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Grofatso View Post
    All raids open. No, just no.
    Progressive raid releases is what is needed.
    Snowflake you cant go in naxx with questgear anyway so its not a threat if they are all open at start....

Quote Originally Posted by Bythedar View Post
    And that hypothesis would probably not hold up to evidence.

I do not want to play a paladin for months on end where the top retribution talent is Blessing of Kings. The revamps were revamps for a reason. It made classes that were nigh unplayable (hence why warrior and warlock got changed so fast in Classic) playable.

I am not a Vanilla Snob by any stretch, but I don't prefer too many QoL changes as many of the QoL changes made WoW no longer an RPG, but a MMO Action game.
    Why wouldn't you want this? If BoK is 31st talent then it is a good reason to bring a couple of retry pally into a raid group.

Quote Originally Posted by Fummockelchen View Post
    Snowflake you cant go in naxx with questgear anyway so its not a threat if they are all open at start....
    This.
    The thing I hate about having raids partitioned out is that it deviates from the original game. It essentially is a custom version of the game. An unaltered 1.12 release patch is not. People have come in to the game later in the patch cycle. This puts everyone on the same level, replicating that experience. Now you're not going to be able to run the server on old hardware, or have the game patched out from the original release, that is unrealistic.

With an original patch schedule what happens is you create those who object to the upcoming patch because their perfect version of the game is 1.x.x. From a development standpoint it is not worth the headache and effort. So I'd rather just skip to a release of the game with everything out, before TBC. I believe there shouldn't be any artificial gating to any of the vanilla content. Leave the choice to the players. Remember, classic wow has a finite amount of content by nature. If you want to run naxx, good luck with that buddy, level up, gear up, group up and shut up.

Quote Originally Posted by delus View Post
    Would you be happy if the server is 1.12 based, no alterations, as close to this release as possible, all raids open, no new content ever?
    Was 1.12 the patch that gave everybody the High Warlord weapons for an hour of honor from Alterac Valley?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Butler Log View Post
    Was 1.12 the patch that gave everybody the High Warlord weapons for an hour of honor from Alterac Valley?
    That was BC pre-patch

Gotta be 1.0.1 when servers had more downtime than uptime, for TRUE vanilla experience

/s
    PROUD TRUMP SUPPORTER, #2024Trump #MAGA
    PROUD TRUMP CAMPAIGN SUPPORTER #SaveEuropeWithTrump
    PROUD SUPPORTER OF THE WALL
    BLUE LIVES MATTER
    NO TO ALL GUNCONTROL OR BACKGROUND CHECKS IN EUROPE
    /s

More like a week of PvPing until your eyes bled. They were 45,000 honor points.

Also "gave" when you had to fight people in AQ40 and Naxx gear in randoms...
    OMG 13:37 - Then Jesus said to His disciples, "Cleave unto me, and I shall grant to thee the blessing of eternal salvation."

And His disciples said unto Him, "Can we get Kings instead?"

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by delus View Post
    I'm not sure. It's what I want. Some people want the content spoon-fed to them. I just want the release in it's native state, raids and everything.
    The game's 'native state' isn't 1.12 so this makes no sense. You can't have both the war effort and the scourgue invasion running from release before anybody has even dinged. The latest patch you could start on would probably be 1.8 with some of the qol changes from 1.10 added in (chained flight paths etc).

Quote Originally Posted by JerseyGhoul View Post
    Why is that needed? What’s the problem with having all raids open and letting people progress at their own pace?
    Quote Originally Posted by Fummockelchen View Post
    Some of the raids and dungeons functioned pretty much as a catch-up mechanism, basically outdating the equipment drops (progression) in previous raids/dungeons. Having all the raids and dungeons available at the start will bypass a lot of the progression.

This has nothing to do with snowflakes, and saying something like that tells much more about you than me.

Without bugfixes, no.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.

Quote Originally Posted by Skeng View Post
    The game's 'native state' isn't 1.12 so this makes no sense. You can't have both the war effort and the scourgue invasion running from release before anybody has even dinged. The latest patch you could start on would probably be 1.8 with some of the qol changes from 1.10 added in (chained flight paths etc).
    The war effort is individual to each server and the scourge invasion heralded the opening of naxx.

Quote Originally Posted by Mushkins View Post
    I have a theory that these people who want 1.12 from start have only played on private servers.
    Or because the majority of us actually played vanilla during 1.1 patch and forward, knowing that peoples nostalgia here is either fake or just nostalgia. The game was fucked up, broken and shit in most aspects with the earlier patches.

Voted yes before I read the entire post.

Should have voted no.

I'd be happy with a 1.12 patch, but not with all raids open at the start. I'd like a progressive release to simulate vanilla as closely as possible.

Quote Originally Posted by TordFish View Post
    Or because the majority of us actually played vanilla during 1.1 patch and forward, knowing that peoples nostalgia here is either fake or just nostalgia. The game was fucked up, broken and shit in most aspects with the earlier patches.
    You right. Now I see that. 1.12 and buffing up the bosses is the way to go.

No, because the server events before AQ and Naxx opening are some of the highlights i remember from playing back then and i would be disappointed if WoW: Classic ommited them.

Happy? Yes.

Is it my prefererad model? No.

My preferred model would be to have 2 parallel Classic Realms. One progression realm with an accelerated patch cycle, and one 1.12 realm. The progression realm would merge into the 1.12 realm annually, at which point a new progression realm would open up. Rinse and repeat for as long as there is a World of Warcraft.
    Last edited by Zarc; 2017-12-17 at 11:40 PM.