Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

Antoryn High Command Mythic. Tracking bomb detonations

Hey everyone,

I was wondering if someone could tell me, how you can find in warcraftlogs, who triggered how many mines during the bossfight. We keep wiping to unwanted minetriggers but cannot pinpoint what people struggle the most with them. Any help is very appreciated!

cheers,
    Dizzy

There is a separate spell ID for mine explosion blast and dot ticks from mines, so just find the one that corresponds to the damage taken from mine explosion

HOWEVER... There is no way to distinguish between the person that triggered a mine, and a person who was near them since there is a small radius on the explosion. If there was one mine triggered, but you see two people in the damage taken list, you cannot figure out who's fault it actually was.

Deleted
    dont forget that on mythic bombs explode after a certain amount of time aswell so it might not always be a players problem

Deleted
    Thanks for the feedback! So there is absolutely no way, to distinguish between the one who triggered and the one who just happened to be in 6Y range ?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by sananab View Post
    dont forget that on mythic bombs explode after a certain amount of time aswell so it might not always be a players problem
    They do that on heroic as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Phookah View Post
    They do that on heroic as well.
    the time it takes to explode (on hc) you'd be on the 3rd boss clearing already

Quote Originally Posted by Dizzy2k View Post
    Thanks for the feedback! So there is absolutely no way, to distinguish between the one who triggered and the one who just happened to be in 6Y range ?
    That's not correct. If you use warcraftlogs, the problem's tab has who triggered the mine and at what time, it also includes who else it hits when x person runs over it.

Quote Originally Posted by Chewtoy View Post
    That's not correct. If you use warcraftlogs, the problem's tab has who triggered the mine and at what time, it also includes who else it hits when x person runs over it.
    Oh cool I stand corrected then - the problems tab does show the person who triggered the mine.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Chewtoy View Post
    And besides, even if there wasn't, over 10+ pulls you'd be able to see who keeps consistently getting hit, which should tell you who triggers it

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sxq View Post
    There is a separate spell ID for mine explosion blast and dot ticks from mines, so just find the one that corresponds to the damage taken from mine explosion

HOWEVER... There is no way to distinguish between the person that triggered a mine, and a person who was near them since there is a small radius on the explosion. If there was one mine triggered, but you see two people in the damage taken list, you cannot figure out who's fault it actually was.
    You can go into the replay and see which player moved at that time, but takes a ton of time if you want to check for an entire evening.

Quote Originally Posted by Dizzy2k View Post
    Hey everyone,

I was wondering if someone could tell me, how you can find in warcraftlogs, who triggered how many mines during the bossfight. We keep wiping to unwanted minetriggers but cannot pinpoint what people struggle the most with them. Any help is very appreciated!

cheers,
    Dizzy
    There is in fact away to tell! In warcraftlogs you click on "Problem" tab next to replay and under Entropic Blast you will see who triggered it (at time, and who it hit)

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    It's not always moving that triggers them, but also not moving.
    That's deep.
    "- I swear I didn't move. THE MINE WAS MOVING TOWARDS ME. Terrified I couldn't make a step."

The best way to know I think is to check who was moving at the moment when people got hit with primary mine blast. Guess it's the way wcl Problems tab is doing it.

So my guild was progressing on the fight last night and we saw (around 50% boss hp) some bombe detonating by themselves, causing an instant wipe as we got up to 7 stack of the ticking debuff.

We need to explode those bomb preemptively so it does not wipe us ? I have'nt seen anyone doing that in the video kills, can you outrange the explosion ?

Thanks in advance

Quote Originally Posted by crashley View Post
    So my guild was progressing on the fight last night and we saw (around 50% boss hp) some bombe detonating by themselves, causing an instant wipe as we got up to 7 stack of the ticking debuff.

We need to explode those bomb preemptively so it does not wipe us ? I have'nt seen anyone doing that in the video kills, can you outrange the explosion ?

Thanks in advance
    Your dps must be sky high if you only noticed it on mythic. The mines explode by themselves after Like 3 minutes if I am not mistaken. Even on heroic and normal - The offtank needs to clear mines 2-3 at a time while not tanking.

He only needs to do this on the admiral though (the first pod). Afterwards just let them third pod guy clear it. And again when admiral spawns, again offtank needs to do it.

That's on heroic at least, can't speak about mythic, but I would assume it is the same.

Quote Originally Posted by osa View Post
    That's deep.
    "- I swear I didn't move. THE MINE WAS MOVING TOWARDS ME. Terrified I couldn't make a step."

The best way to know I think is to check who was moving at the moment when people got hit with primary mine blast. Guess it's the way wcl Problems tab is doing it.
    The mine can drop on top of you. Hence, not moving

I am trying to figure out HOW warcraftlogs determines who triggered the mine. I know that there are the 2 damage taken spells (245121 shows who takes damage from the triggering and 253290 shows dot damage taken) and 1 debuff spell (253290 the dot debuff). As far as I can tell there are no other spells at play so how does warcraftlogs make the determination on who triggered it if 2 people take the trigger damage and get the debuff at the same time?

Quote Originally Posted by Eyechewer View Post
    Your dps must be sky high if you only noticed it on mythic. The mines explode by themselves after Like 3 minutes if I am not mistaken. Even on heroic and normal - The offtank needs to clear mines 2-3 at a time while not tanking.

He only needs to do this on the admiral though (the first pod). Afterwards just let them third pod guy clear it. And again when admiral spawns, again offtank needs to do it.

That's on heroic at least, can't speak about mythic, but I would assume it is the same.
    This isn't required on Heroic. If your General pod's first player is fast enough they can nuke the very first mine spawn in the fight before it auto-detonates.

Quote Originally Posted by CrazieBird View Post
    I am trying to figure out HOW warcraftlogs determines who triggered the mine. I know that there are the 2 damage taken spells (245121 shows who takes damage from the triggering and 253290 shows dot damage taken) and 1 debuff spell (253290 the dot debuff). As far as I can tell there are no other spells at play so how does warcraftlogs make the determination on who triggered it if 2 people take the trigger damage and get the debuff at the same time?
    That's a good question. Perhaps the combat log entry for the triggerer is first.

Quote Originally Posted by CrazieBird View Post
    When I saw this question come up in the WCL Discord it was said it did a distance check and the person closest gets flagged. This was a while back now though and it may have changed.

- - - Updated - - -

Go to the Problems tab on WCL to see who explodes them.