Poll: Should Cross-Realm be removed?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by alexchaos View Post
    Pretty hard to make connections with people when they don't respond in chat for the whole dungeon and run ahead like crazy, (Mostly in M+ under 10). And even above 10 people just leave right away once the key is done. No time for chit chat anymore.

But this isn't the community's fault, Blizz made it this way. Blizz made players impatient by giving them everything so easily. Players are like little kids, give some they'll want more, if you give more they'll still ask for more and that's where Blizz didn't stop.
    Well look for ok groups, get higher score and do it on TS or discord. I was in one group and we talked ( on english ) and 80% into dungeon i asked where are you guys from ( there was one girl there ) and to my surprise she was from same country and from same town, and ofc after we added each other and after few weeks we met.

So like I said, Blizzard didnt do shit, they only gave you more options to chose with whom are you going to play. The problem are ppl that wait till end of the M+ to start talking or joke or something.

This obviously will never happen, but just as a question: Do you also want the the lf tools to dissapear (the automatic ones)? They kinda rely on cross realm being a thing.
    "And all those exclamation marks, you notice? Five?
    A sure sign of someone who wears his underpants on his head."

Quote Originally Posted by markos82 View Post
    Well look for ok groups, get higher score and do it on TS or discord. I was in one group and we talked ( on english ) and 80% into dungeon i asked where are you guys from ( there was one girl there ) and to my surprise she was from same country and from same town, and ofc after we added each other and after few weeks we met.

So like I said, Blizzard didnt do shit, they only gave you more options to chose with whom are you going to play. The problem are ppl that wait till end of the M+ to start talking or joke or something.
    I've been in the same guild for years and since last year, I moved to Japan for work and I'm there until May 2018. Obviously time zone makes it so I can't play with them. That said, I've been solo since Legion launched and I can say people don't care about others anymore.

I've had parties where we talked the whole dungeon and right after we were done they just said bye and left right away. I'm usually the last one to leave the party unless I'm in a hurry and have to go. I have added maybe 2 or 3 players so far in my friend list. Only 3 players who cared enough to be more than a tool to complete a dungeon to the other members. That's pretty low considering the time Legion has been out.

Quote Originally Posted by owbu View Post
    This obviously will never happen, but just as a question: Do you also want the the lf tools to disappear (the automatic ones)? They kinda rely on cross realm being a thing.
    LFD is fine, tho I do want dungeons to be relevant without them being a race against time. (M+ but that's off topic). Also while LFD does group you with random people from random servers, it was introduced in WOTLK way before they introduced Cross-Realms so while it does rely on a similar tech, you can have one without the other.
    Last edited by alexchaos; 2017-12-18 at 03:00 PM.

Cross realm does more good than harm, so I vote keep it. Now what they *need* to do is expand the mob tagging system to true open tag, regardless of the number of players or faction. Non-WoD+ spawn timers on rares need to be upped to compensate, too.

Am i the only one who thinks cross-realm should go?
    In my opinion it has done more bad than good to the community.

What are your thoughts about it?
    Regardless of what you "think" or any of us for that matter its not going anywhere.

I will leave you with this, Blizzard did more harm to themselves with this than to us. Before cross realm you had to pay for a transfer to play with friends.. now you do not.

Blizz cut into their own revenue stream to give the player base more freedom to play with other.

It would require actual server merges, which would lead to name conflicts (since this game, least last I played, doesn't allow surnames or such) along with the generally negative publicity that goes along with such merges.

I simply wish they had went with server merges and somehow relaxed the naming convention standards to allow surnames at the very least, but I suspect the latter requiring some possible level of coding kung-fu that would lead to all sorts of mayhem in other parts of the game/code, kinda like the whole deal with increasing the default backpack size.

I've been in the same guild for years and since last year, I moved to Japan for work and I'm there until May 2018. Obviously time zone makes it so I can't play with them. That said, I've been solo since Legion launched and I can say people don't care about others anymore.

I've had parties where we talked the whole dungeon and right after we were done they just said by and left right away. I'm usually the last one to leave the party unless I'm in a hurry and have to go and I have added maybe 2 or 3 players so far in my friend list. Only 3 players who cared enough to be more than a tool to complete a dungeon to the other members. That's pretty low considering the time Legion has been out.

LFD is fine, tho I do want dungeons to be relevant without them being a race against time. (M+ but that's off topic). Also while LFD does group you with random people from random servers, it was introduced in WOTLK way before they introduced Cross-Realms so while it does rely on a similar tech, you can have one without the other.
    Idk what to say m8, i did 1000+ mythic dungeons and probably added like 20 people, some i deleted because they stopped playing . SOme might think 20 isnt much but if you consider that 80% of the dunegons i do with ppl i know then i dont think its a small number.

What i dont get it why do you think CR playing is the problem. If you played now on non CRZ or without LFR/LFD you would spend hours looking to form a group and in most cases you will end up playing with same ppl over and over again. Some private realms have more players than some blizzard realms, imagine how hard would it be for someone who plays Horde that has 1:30 ratio to find group to do a single m+

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Well as others have said having Xrealm is good as it saves many who are on dead or dying servers from having to spend a lot on server transfers.. The other thing with the new PVE/PVP server toggle setup coming in BfA Xrealm will be more vital than ever before, for it to work properly.. Removing Xrealm would kill the new BfA server system faster than you could say hello..

Quote Originally Posted by markos82 View Post
    Idk what to say m8, i did 1000+ mythic dungeons and probably added like 20 people, some i deleted because they stopped playing . SOme might think 20 isnt much but if you consider that 80% of the dunegons i do with ppl i know then i dont think its a small number.

What i dont get it why do you think CR playing is the problem. If you played now on non CRZ or without LFR/LFD you would spend hours looking to form a group and in most cases you will end up playing with same ppl over and over again. Some private realms have more players than some blizzard realms, imagine how hard would it be for someone who plays Horde that has 1:30 ratio to find group to do a single m+
    People seem to not get what I mean. LFR/LFD was there before CRZ/CR. That means you can have one without the other.

People seem to not get what I mean. LFR/LFD was there before CRZ/CR. That means you can have one without the other.
    Yeah but how are CRZ a problem? They only help you do quests faster, kill rares if you can't solo them and so on

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by meroko View Post
    how has it done more bad to the community? You really wanna go back to the days of having literally 10 or so well populated servers and the rest complete wastelands? Cross realm servers is one of the best things to happen to WoW.
    This. I remember playing in a low pop PvP server with a VERY unbalanced Horde/Alliance ratio. Needless to say, it wasn't fun.

should have never been implemented.. this destroyed the experience and the server communitys by a lot. also marked the end for my wow career.

No. Finish the job and merge everything. AH, guilds, Mythic raids, the lot.

Why the fuck should people be limited by a meaningless list of servers?

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    Yes, they should just merge low pop servers and disable cross realm shite in zones.

Thankfully it's disabled on the servers I play on but it was a bad idea to begin with.

The better opinion would be to actually merge realms so these people are really on your realm. But I mean bad PR posts about server merges or shit side option that is exactly what you don't want bad PR over but done in a worse way. That oh.. also gets a ton of bad PR..

But my server transfer money!

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Blackmist View Post
    No. Finish the job and merge everything. AH, guilds, Mythic raids, the lot.

Why the fuck should people be limited by a meaningless list of servers?
    They are sort of doing it in BfA with the PVE/PVP Server Toggle system..

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Yggdrasil View Post
    The better opinion would be to actually merge realms so these people are really on your realm. But I mean bad PR posts about server merges or shit side option that is exactly what you don't want bad PR over but done in a worse way. That oh.. also gets a ton of bad PR..

But my server transfer money!
    Yeah would be better to do it by battle group, so have one mega server for each battle group.. From what I understand the BfA server system is heading in that direction..

10+ Year Old Account
    Keep CRZ, remove sharding.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shekora View Post
    Goddamn it, Gimlix, why do you keep making these threads?
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam the Wiser View Post
    Goddamn it, Gimlix, why do you keep making these threads?

Not.

10chars
    They always told me I would miss my family... but I never miss from close range.

Neither. They should fix what makes CRZ bad.

I'd like to know how many people that talks about "community is shit" actually tries to be a positive factor such as starting conversations or help out other people. Because if you don't, you're probably part of the problem that you think needs to be fixed via closing the realms off.