Page 1 of 5
... LastLast

We are getting 4 of the 6 allied races early,and how that sucks.

If this has been covered already feel free to delete this post.

Ok, so we know we are getting 4 of the 6 allied races early before the xpac.I understand why and how it fits the lore.But!
    The plain and simple truth of it is this just feels wrong.Think about it this way.What do you want to do when you get the xpac?
    level a toon from 20 to 110 for the transmog that comes with it?Or do you want to get from 110 to 120 and start seeing all the
    new things added in the expac?If you are just playing to play then i guess THe 20 to 110 is the way to go.However, if you are like a vast majority
    you will be chugging through the new content to hit 120 and start gearing up and doing all the max level content in preparation for the raid.
    So if you are looking to level a Zandalari Troll or a DarkIron Dwarf and get that sweet transmog well you are going to have to wait till the expac hits.
    While the LightForged Daenei,Void Elves,High Mountain Tauren,and the Nightborne will get to do this way before the expac is out.
    it just feels wrong to do this to people looking to play the Zandalari and DarkIron.

For Azeroth!
    15+ Year Old Account
    They aren't giving away the races to everyone, surely at the very least a pre-order is coming and required to play them early.

Starcraft sprays and hearthstone cardback are already patched in their respective updates, so I imagine a digital deluxe pre order isn't too far away.

As for dark iron/zandalari being later, most likely integrates far better with the new 8.0 storyline & keeps some expansion content around for people to keep playing 110-120.

I don't see them just add random allied races just cause they can, without in-game relevance.
    Last edited by Teri; 2017-12-18 at 05:29 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Teri View Post
    They aren't giving away the races to everyone, surely at the very least a pre-order is coming and required to play them early.

Starcraft sprays and hearthstone cardback are already patched in their respective updates, so I imagine a digital deluxe pre order isn't too far away.
    I guess you didn't understand what i was talking about.This is not about preorders this is about how 4 of the 6 allied races are going to be available before the expac.This has nothing to do with Pre-orders or digital deluxe.

Every expansion end has a lot of people bailing on the game and generally not giving a crap, and waiting for the next expansion to come out. It's when an expansion loses a lot of subs. The idea is to keep those people interested during the "end times", so they keep paying subs. If those people come back even for a month, then it's worth a lot of money to Blizzard

It stands to no surprise that Blizzard releases some BFA features earlier.

For Azeroth!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by hornfreak View Post
    I guess you didn't understand what i was talking about.This is not about preorders this is about how 4 of the 6 allied races are going to be available before the expac.This has nothing to do with Pre-orders or digital deluxe.
    They want some content to be discovered/unlocked above 110. And Legion has 0 Zandalari/Dark Iron story as well.

The other 4 races clearly are linked directly with Legion, 2 broken Isles factions, 2 argus factions (1 directly involved and 1 indirectly tied to Alleria/Void/post-argus)

4 races "early" is a good incentive for pre order bonus and revamp 7.3.5 leveling. Better then just nothing at-all for months.
    Last edited by Teri; 2017-12-18 at 05:35 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    So you’re sad the other two aren’t coming with the four?

I’m presuming Zandalari and Dark Iron will be unlocked at 120 rather than while levelling.

Quote Originally Posted by Teri View Post
    They want some content to be discovered/unlocked above 110. And Legion has 0 Zandalari/Dark Iron story as well.

The other 4 races clearly are linked directly with Legion, 2 broken Isles factions, 2 argus factions (1 directly involved and 1 indirectly tied to Alleria/Void/post-argus)
    Yes i said i understood that in my original post.I realize that they have no presence In legion.So gating some peoples experiance is ok?Just seems stupid to me.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Aeula View Post
    So yours sad the other two aren’t coming with the four?

I’m presuming Zandalari and Dark Iron will be unlocked at 120 rather than while levelling.
    We will unlock them as we level it seems.Probably early in the leveling process.That is what sucks about it.We that want to play those allied races are kinda sol

I get what the op is getting at, if they wait for trolls and dwarfs, then people like me, who are swapping to them, have to level (20-110) and then in the same time do the new expac (110-120) which means we are behind a bit when it comes to leveling,where as the other 4 races had (i am assuming based on 7.3.5 and legion pre-order( around 1 month) to level and gear etc. That is a lot of time for other races.

For Azeroth!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by reynesthan1 View Post
    I get what the op is getting at, if they wait for trolls and dwarfs, then people like me, who are swapping to them, have to level (20-110) and then in the same time do the new expac (110-120) which means we are behind a bit when it comes to leveling,where as the other 4 races had (i am assuming based on 7.3.5 and legion pre-order( around 1 month) to level and gear etc. That is a lot of time for other races.
    I understand too, but the people who really can't wait can use a likely free 110 boost or race-change.

Now it all depends if the 2 new races unlock at 110 or 120, if its 120 it's even more annoying. Cause new players would be even further behind.

But it could be just a marketing ploy, not that I agree with it, but you never know... still story wise it's the best way to go about it.

I really hope the expansion comes with at least 1 free race change + 110 boost. So a new player can start at 110, then unlock Troll/Dwarf at whatever they design it at , even 120, and then free race change their main right away = 100% free.

Now I know the 110 boost or race change still won't unlock heritage armor so yes, you still gotta level another one 20-110 at anytime.
    Last edited by Teri; 2017-12-18 at 05:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by reynesthan1 View Post
    Use the boost and level another later for the heritage armor if you want it.

Problem solved

Quote Originally Posted by Aeula View Post
    So you’re sad the other two aren’t coming with the four?

I'm not sure that those two races will ever make it into live. I think they might get cut.

If this has been covered already feel free to delete this post.

Ok, so we know we are getting 4 of the 6 allied races early before the xpac.I understand why and how it fits the lore.But!
    The plain and simple truth of it is this just feels wrong.Think about it this way.What do you want to do when you get the xpac?
    level a toon from 20 to 110 for the transmog that comes with it?Or do you want to get from 110 to 120 and start seeing all the
    new things added in the expac?If you are just playing to play then i guess THe 20 to 110 is the way to go.However, if you are like a vast majority
    you will be chugging through the new content to hit 120 and start gearing up and doing all the max level content in preparation for the raid.
    So if you are looking to level a Zandalari Troll or a DarkIron Dwarf and get that sweet transmog well you are going to have to wait till the expac hits.
    While the LightForged Daenei,Void Elves,High Mountain Tauren,and the Nightborne will get to do this way before the expac is out.
    it just feels wrong to do this to people looking to play the Zandalari and DarkIron.
    I really don't understand your complaint here. The 4 early release races are completely from the Legion storyline, it makes sense that they would be trickling into their respective factions after we finished with the Legion. We are pretty much getting new races instead of a final raid tier. Not to mention your other complaint of people wanting to level 110-120 is exactly why they are being released early, so people who want to switch their main to a Legion race aren't being punished come new expansion time. The Zandalari and Dark Iron are part of the BfA story line, so chronologically they haven't joined, chances are these might be lvl 120 attunement quests.

Quote Originally Posted by mingarrubia View Post
    I'm not sure that those two races will ever make it into live. I think they might get cut.
    Blizzard promised them too hard to just cut them out now.

That is what I intend to do, just level an alt for the armor and race change my main, later.

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    That's hilarious, not to mention absurd. Why do you think that? Because they haven't been datamined or anything? That's not because they are getting cut, but because they aren't being introduced until 8.0.

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

I mean, one is a new model that's already mostly done and was shown at Blizzcon, the other is a reskin of the current dwarves.

There's nothing to cut.

Wod and legion prepurchase came with a free boost. we can pretty much assume bfa will have it as well

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    They’re almost done with the models. Why would they be cut? They’ll be unlocked in Zandalar and Kul Tiras, that’s why there’s no data mining about them besides some icons.

Quote Originally Posted by McFuu View Post
    I really don't understand your complaint here. The 4 early release races are completely from the Legion storyline, it makes sense that they would be trickling into their respective factions after we finished with the Legion. We are pretty much getting new races instead of a final raid tier. Not to mention your other complaint of people wanting to level 110-120 is exactly why they are being released early, so people who want to switch their main to a Legion race aren't being punished come new expansion time. The Zandalari and Dark Iron are part of the BfA story line, so chronologically they haven't joined, chances are these might be lvl 120 attunement quests.
    nice thinly veiled "Allied races cost us a raid tier" comment

To the OP, my guess is the new races are faction/story related and will require a quest line related to the actual story of BfA

Orr, since you should already be playing your main... get the allied race unlocked then race change?
    Cheerful lack of self-preservation