The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gabriel View Post
    I think he connected only after Rey had left the planet already.
    I thought he did it before he left when he reached out to leyia but I might be wrong on the order.

ugh so terrible. the adventures of super rey and emo ren; a part of my childhood died.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ohiostate124 View Post
    So when they blew up the bridge and Leia used the force to fly back into it, how did they not get sucked out into space when they opened the door to get her?

How did Finn not die when he flew directly into the battering ram cannon’s beam with an open cockpit ship? They showed us that it was heating up the blast door.
    Magnetic shields.

Quote Originally Posted by Frozen Death Knight View Post
    It's more than likely the same technology that allows the bombers at the start of the film to open the bottom part of the ships to be able to drop the bomb cargo into space. You could clearly see the door being wide open while the woman in the last bomber ship trying to sacrifice her life for the sake of the mission. Heck, this kind technology has been seen in every single trilogy considering that we've had hyper carrier spaceships opening up massive hangars for smaller spaceships to go into battle in space. If space ships can pass through those barriers, then I don't see how something like a human would not be able to do the same thing.
    Correct me if I’m wrong but in the other movies, we can actually see a Force field protecting the hangars. Not sure the Force field would still work after the bridge Leia was on got hit and destroyed by missiles.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeek Daniels View Post
    And rey has been fighting to survive on a hostile shit planet by herself. She knows how to fight and has a fighters spirit. As shown in the movie, she seems to train everyday with her staff. Yea a lightsaber is new to her but i dont know why you people think its impossible to wield. In what movie does it say it takes years to master? Do people forget Luke fought vader not long after he first had the saber and no one taught him and luke wasnt even a fighter beforehand. Why do people give luke a nobody farmer a pass but not Rey a girl who was fighting for survival with clear combat experience? You guys really need to stop bashing her for no reason.
    Luke fought Vader in Cloud City, was completely outclassed, and this was after training from Yoda.

This lady is the new WORST character in the entire Star Wars saga. I actually feel bad for ever hating Jar Jar Binks. #SorryGeorge

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ohiostate124 View Post
    Correct me if I’m wrong but in the other movies, we can actually see a Force field protecting the hangars. Not sure the Force field would still work after the bridge Leia was on got hit and destroyed by missiles.
    Yes, that is true, but the problem with Star Wars in general is that it doesn't explain its technology very well unless you start going through the EU material. My best guess is that it is that same technology, but the way the movie was shot made it clear that the film makers weren't very concerned with how exactly they managed to open the door in a safe manner, especially since they used smoke to cover the way Leia entered the ship.

Quote Originally Posted by Florena Emberlin View Post
    He changed his mind after his chat with Yoda in regards to Rey picking up the legacy of the Jedi.
    Which is contradicted by his choosing to burn the books only for them to turn up in Rey's possession later. The Jedi must end, but Yoda says they exist to be surpassed, they burns the books, but Rey gets them anyway. It was all rather convoluted.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Frozen Death Knight View Post
    He was cut off from the Force for the vast majority of the film as I recall. It wasn't until around the time he decided to burn the books and Yoda appearing that he started reconnecting himself to it. Luke after that went to the rock hill near the ocean to meditate to be able to confront Ben Solo/Kylo Ren at the end of the film.
    I’m not quite sure if it takes place before or after rey leaves but in a scene where I think leyia is still inn the transport he reconnecteds and reaches out to her only her name and her his.

Quote Originally Posted by Veredyn View Post
    You don't think that maybe, just maybe, what he says to Rey and what he says to Kylo might just be different messages? Gods forbid Luke might lie to one of them, especially the unhinged-and-evil former apprentice. If anything, what he's actually doing is taunting Kylo. "Kill me, and another Jedi will take my place. And another, and another. The Dark side will never win."
    Given that Rey now has the Jedi books I would say even he if he thought it was a lie to taunt Kylo it still ended up being true. The Jedi are going to continue.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Deuse View Post
    This lady is the new WORST character in the entire Star Wars saga. I actually feel bad for ever hating Jar Jar Binks. #SorryGeorge

Thankfully she’s dead.

Quote Originally Posted by Deuse View Post

https://i1.wp.com/makingstarwars.net...91%2C653&ssl=1
    I'm torn. On the one hand she's not answerable to Poe, on the other hand it would have taken no time at all to explain the plan, maybe 30s tops.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Altrec View Post
    Which is contradicted by his choosing to burn the books only for them to turn up in Rey's possession later. The Jedi must end, but Yoda says they exist to be surpassed, they burns the books, but Rey gets them anyway. It was all rather convoluted.
    She stole the books it’s not convoluted at all.

I'm calling it, Snoke comes back as a Force ghost and we get more of his background plus he can fight the Luke and Yoda Force ghosts.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

Quote Originally Posted by Daemos daemonium View Post
    She stole the books it’s not convoluted at all.
    It is from a story telling perspective. You have Luke saying that the Jedi need to end, but is convinced by Yoda that he needs to teach the next generation(and doesn't(at least so far)), Luke then decides to burn the Jedi books(but Yoda has to do it for him), Luke tells Kylo there will be other Jedi(even though he believes he has burned away what was left of their legacy), and yet Rey has the books. Did Luke or Yoda know? Why did they or didn't they? Why go through the motions of burning the books if he was convinced the Jedi needed to continue? Why sacrifice yourself after realizing you need to train Rey? Haunt her I guess, but why would she care to listen to Luke going forward given how much of a dick he was to her the entire time she knew him?

Quote Originally Posted by Halyon View Post
    It's been 30 years between the ep. 6 and ep. 7. Jedi training takes place when the trainee is very young, so assessing that there's been a decade at minimum between Luke's exile up until TLJ is fair. Kylo is over 25 years of age...

I have no actual timeline found though, I can't find one, but it is based on fair assumption. Luke's x-wing is also very old, so it is also fair to assume that it won't by able to fly at the needed capacity to be useful. They showed it submerged to drive home a point, not as a chekhov's gun.
    The Bloodline novel takes place 6 years before TFA, and Ben is still being trained by Luke at that point(It's not clear if Luke has even set up the temple yet either, he's characterized as traveling around the galaxy with Ben). It's shown so you can reasonably believe that Luke flew to Crait.

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Burgundy View Post
    Rey should have joined with Kylo after he killed Snoke. Talk about a arc we haven't seen yet in the Star Wars universe.
    Maybe the light and the dark mix to a nice balanced Grey and it all works out? Certainly an approach not tried in this galaxy.
    READ and be less Ignorant.

Quote Originally Posted by Altrec View Post
    Yoda burns the tree to make Luke realize he doesn't really want the Jedi to end. Yoda already knows Rey has stolen the books, "Nothing is in that library the girl does not already possess"

10+ Year Old Account
    So I think I will need to see this movie again before I can really give it a rank among the other star wars films. But right now...

1. ESB
    2. ANH
    3. R1
    4. RotJ
    5. TFA
    6. TLJ
    7. RotS
    8. AotC
    9. TPM

Quote Originally Posted by Tromage View Post
    Luke places a map into R2D2 to find him, why? he want to die in the Island why even make a map at all.
    I rly need to just ignore this movie over all to enjoy the movies that came before the Last Jedi it just makes me crazy that a movie full plot holes and destroying storylines / lore that where made in 7 movies before over like +30 years timespam is beloved by ppl.
    I totally forgot that......solid point.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by I Push Buttons View Post
    Shit wasn't even a Pyrrhic victory... 99% of their force is destroyed and their allies abandon them.
    To be fair, had she had the wherewithal to INFORM her subordinates of the plan, it would have worked. It only failed because she withheld the plan from everyone, making Poe think he had to do something which led to half of the transports getting blown up. I get that they wanted to show Poe growing out of the reactionary pilot role, but what he did made sense in the presence of a leader wearing a night gown, seemingly doing nothing to save them and leading them to their doom.

"Hey, its all good, in a bit we are going to sneakily evacuate our ship to the Planet ex Machina, and we will then call for help as the FO chases an empty vessel."

But naw, lets act aloof and just keep that to myself.

Again I KNOW it was purposeful to have Poe go on a misguided plan that was pointless, it was the point of his whole arc. Going from Hey we can blow this up, to hey we COULD fight but we need to run now to fight tomorrow. But it only happened because the LEADER failed to tell her soldiers for w/e reason, that there was in fact a plan. Thats just shit writing, IMO.
    READ and be less Ignorant.