Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Radaney View Post
    You won't even be able to play Dark Iron / Zandalari on expansion launch. You'll have to unlock them first.

People are just assuming, I'm personally assuming they won't launch til launch.
    So all these comments of people saying its coming in 7.3.5 is just speculation?

Quote Originally Posted by Lemondish View Post
    As far as I know, yes. There's been no official release or statement from Blizzard as to an early release of any of the Allied Races.

Quote Originally Posted by Katchii View Post
    As far as I know, yes. There's been no official release or statement from Blizzard as to an early release of any of the Allied Races.
    In fact, they have stated the opposite.

But they haven't added other stuff from the expansion to 7.3.5, just the 4 Allied Races from Legion and stuff related to them. So it's not like they're adding assets as they make them, they specifically added those four races to the files and nothing else to a patch that's going to be released several months before 8.0.

Them being a preorder bonus is about the only explanation.

Quote Originally Posted by Lemondish View Post
    It's all assumption at this point, but a reasonable one since

1. You unlock the 4 aforementioned races doing quests in legion, which would not be the focus if it was released with BFA
    2. It gives people things to do during the long lull before BFA, thus keeping them subscribed.
    3. It lines up with leveling revamp in 7.3.5

So I think it's an educated assumption and most likely would happen

Quote Originally Posted by david0925 View Post
    It's all assumption at this point, but a reasonable one since

1. You unlock the 4 aforementioned races doing quests in legion, which would not be the focus if it was released with BFA
    2. It gives people things to do during the long lull before BFA, thus keeping them subscribed.
    3. It lines up with leveling revamp in 7.3.5

So I think it's an educated assumption and most likely would happen
    I absolutely agree with it being reasonable but I wanted to make sure I hadn't missed an announcement of sorts. I also would hate for people to get really excited only to not have it happen yet. The reasons you posted seem sound, but since it isn't yet announced I'll stay cautiously optimistic.
    Last edited by Lemondish; 2017-12-18 at 08:20 PM.

I don't see any problem with Legion-story-relevant Allied Races being available in 8.0, makes sense to give us some fun new stuff to do before BfA goes live. I don't see how that has any negative impact on people who want to play Dark Iron or Zandalari.

Edited to add: there's no indication on the PTR that Allied Races will go live in 7.3.5. The content data is there, but the quest lines will likely go active in 8.0 3-6 weeks before BfA goes live.
    Last edited by JJShadoe; 2017-12-18 at 08:27 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by JJShadoe View Post
    I don't see any problem with Legion-story-relevant Allied Races being available in 8.0, makes sense to give us some fun new stuff to do before BfA goes live. I don't see how that has any negative impact on people who want to play Dark Iron or Zandalari.

Edited to add: there's no indication on the PTR that Allied Races will go live in 7.3.5. The content data is there, but the quest lines will likely go active in 8.0 3-6 weeks before BfA goes live.
    That's entirely possible, but it seems like a missed opportunity if it takes them that long to provide stuff that is already mostly done. There's always a content drought between expansions, and with the change coming to the leveling experience, wouldn't it make more sense to allow these races to be attainable much sooner (with the caveat of a digital pre-order)? Lots of folks would stay subbed in that case to play the new Legion related races, which provides at least something for folks to do to pass the time.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by JJShadoe View Post

Dude check out the new "Patch 7.3.5 PTR - Build 25716"

It contains info like: CHAR_CREATE_LEVEL_REQUIREMENT_ALLIED_RACE - You must have an existing character of at least level 110 on this realm to create an Allied Race character.

Also: Feats of Strength
    Highmountain Tauren Unlock Requirements (New) Account Wide"

Quote Originally Posted by hornfreak View Post
    If this has been covered already feel free to delete this post.

Ok, so we know we are getting 4 of the 6 allied races early before the xpac.I understand why and how it fits the lore.But!
    The plain and simple truth of it is this just feels wrong.Think about it this way.What do you want to do when you get the xpac?
    level a toon from 20 to 110 for the transmog that comes with it?Or do you want to get from 110 to 120 and start seeing all the
    new things added in the expac?If you are just playing to play then i guess THe 20 to 110 is the way to go.However, if you are like a vast majority
    you will be chugging through the new content to hit 120 and start gearing up and doing all the max level content in preparation for the raid.
    So if you are looking to level a Zandalari Troll or a DarkIron Dwarf and get that sweet transmog well you are going to have to wait till the expac hits.
    While the LightForged Daenei,Void Elves,High Mountain Tauren,and the Nightborne will get to do this way before the expac is out.
    it just feels wrong to do this to people looking to play the Zandalari and DarkIron.
    Technically, we don't KNOW that the 4 are coming prior to the expansion. Yes, they're being datamined, but Blizzard specifically stated that things like Allied Races would be datamined that are for the expansion and not 7.3.5. Now, I believe they will be available at some point prior to the expansion. This may be with preorders immediately after they're done, or it may be 2 weeks before the expansion releases, like the Demon Hunters were released. My point is, please don't state that we "know" something until we do. The only thing we know is that the data for the 4 Allied Races are in the PTR file... nothing more.

Edit: It would seem that I was a couple posts late on this point... but it's still valid.
    Last edited by Drewbacca; 2017-12-18 at 11:55 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Katchii View Post
    Where has it been confirmed that we're getting them early/ before the expac? I know it would make sense, I just haven't seen a source that outright says "X races are being released as part of Patch 7.X prior to the release of Battle for Azeroth."
    It hasn't, people are just assuming they will be because a lot of data is being added on the PTR. But Blizzard has explicitly said that this does not mean the content will be available come 7.3.5.

Personally I think they will just pull a Demon Hunter and give them as pre-order bonus a few weeks before BfA launches.

Quote Originally Posted by Jastall View Post
    It hasn't, people are just assuming they will be because a lot of data is being added on the PTR. But Blizzard has explicitly said that this does not mean the content will be available come 7.3.5.

Personally I think they will just pull a Demon Hunter and give them as pre-order bonus a few weeks before BfA launches.
    DH was reliant on Mardum, allied races are not. They couldn't give DH any earlier because the resources were simply not in the game until the pre-patch, allied races are from Argus and the broken isles, their assets are already in the game and 7.3.5 is adding the whole lot into the files with each build adding more, they're clearly receiving final touches at this point.

And of course they've said it doesn't mean it'll come in 7.3.5, imagine what would happen if they said they were coming and they suffered a setback with them? They'll be hell on earth as a result, playing it safe is the best bet, I doubt we'll see them a few weeks before BFA though, I suspect they'll come out a couple of months after 7.3.5 via pre-orders, Blizzard love their gated content after all.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bronan View Post
    Every expansion end has a lot of people bailing on the game and generally not giving a crap, and waiting for the next expansion to come out. It's when an expansion loses a lot of subs. The idea is to keep those people interested during the "end times", so they keep paying subs. If those people come back even for a month, then it's worth a lot of money to Blizzard

It stands to no surprise that Blizzard releases some BFA features earlier.

& with that said if the new expansion introduces an insanely outrageous grind like WoD or Legion does... if they don't tone down the grinding, leveling progression and make it easier and they fail to introduce more entertaining & in depth tied into all races cinematics and more graphically sophisticated real time quest content for the new expansion, they will surely lose at least 1 third of the current sub.'s. Surely. Picking up new sub.'s or previous ones and keeping them, will be difficult as well. WoW has a good reputation but it also has a bad reputation as well.

10+ Year Old Account
    If this has been covered already feel free to delete this post.

Ok, so we know we are getting 4 of the 6 allied races early before the xpac.I understand why and how it fits the lore.But!
    The plain and simple truth of it is this just feels wrong.Think about it this way.What do you want to do when you get the xpac?
    level a toon from 20 to 110 for the transmog that comes with it?Or do you want to get from 110 to 120 and start seeing all the
    new things added in the expac?If you are just playing to play then i guess THe 20 to 110 is the way to go.However, if you are like a vast majority
    you will be chugging through the new content to hit 120 and start gearing up and doing all the max level content in preparation for the raid.
    So if you are looking to level a Zandalari Troll or a DarkIron Dwarf and get that sweet transmog well you are going to have to wait till the expac hits.
    While the LightForged Daenei,Void Elves,High Mountain Tauren,and the Nightborne will get to do this way before the expac is out.
    it just feels wrong to do this to people looking to play the Zandalari and DarkIron.
    Your entire argument is about not having time to collect transmog gear. You can race change your characters immediately after you unlock the respective allied races. Literally, the only thing you're crying about is an asthetic and optional bonus to the allies races. Don't have time to level a new Zandalari troll shaman? Guess you don't get a fancy new outfit. Boo hoo
    "It is not wise to judge others based on your own preconceptions or by their appearances."

10+ Year Old Account
    There has been absolutely no confirmation that we're getting any of these races early. Lore even explained that people are seeing data which is going into the game to prepare for BFA. Misleading topic is misleading.
    Appreciate your time with friends and family while they're here. Don't wait until they're gone to tell them what they mean to you.

Wow, it's almost like every other expansion, where you had a choice between rushing end game or making the new class/race.

I do understand where you're coming from, but I do think it's worth mentioning one major point. Blizzard time-gates the game nowadays. As a result of this, someone should have more than enough time to level one of the other 2 races and still be able to compete for even world-firsts. I also think you're misunderstanding the "majority." The majority of players have a main that they're playing already. Very few players are going to actually change that simply for the sake of a race, especially considering you have the option to simply pay for a race change and not have to completely redo all your accomplishments for your new character. The transmogs are also unlocked for all characters of that race. You can simply pay to get a race-change, then hike up a new character in your free time so you can unlock the transmogs.

I guess you didn't understand what i was talking about.This is not about preorders this is about how 4 of the 6 allied races are going to be available before the expac.This has nothing to do with Pre-orders or digital deluxe.
    Uh can you link hard proof of this happening? Cuz I can't find anything but speculation that we are getting them early.

For Azeroth!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    There has been absolutely no confirmation that we're getting any of these races early. Lore even explained that people are seeing data which is going into the game to prepare for BFA. Misleading topic is misleading.
    And many things have been datamined days/weeks before an official statement many times over.

Why would they patch in a BfA Hearthstone card back or Starcraft 2 Sprays related to BfA deluxe this early???

Why would they add the allied race stuff now instead of 8.0 pre-patch/alpha whatever.

Of course blizzard aint gonna spoil their own surprise before it happens (with official statements), it kills the hype.

I admit nothing 100% confirmed but it's hard to believe it's not coming early at this point.
    Last edited by Teri; 2017-12-19 at 03:56 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by DeadSwordz View Post
    Wod and legion prepurchase came with a free boost. we can pretty much assume bfa will have it as well
    Personally, I'd rather have a free race change or two.

it just feels wrong to do this to people
    Do what? It's a pre-release, not a punishment.