Page 16 of 25 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Bloodsail Admiral CreatureLives's Avatar
    5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mellrod View Post
    I wouldn't say that entirely. Most of the allied races have something that makes them separate enough from our current races. Void Elves & Dark Irons for example, their differences are more than just unique models. Same with Zandalari when it comes to lore. Kul Tiras humans are just Blizzard getting more creative with the way a single race looks.
    Kul Tirans have a different culture than regular Humans and it seems like in BFA Blizz is expanding the lore even more than just being known for Daelin and Jaina. It's not radically different but it's different enough. I imagine it's no less different than the difference between Nightborne and Blood Elves. Or the difference between Void and Blood Elves. The only thing that really separates them other than appearance is the type of magic they like. All 3 seem to have a bit of an obsession with magic.

Even Zandalari and Darkspear is similar too and the difference really is just resources. If Darkspear could they'd probably love to have what the Zandalari Trolls have but all they have is a few small isles.

Quote Originally Posted by CreatureLives View Post
    Kul Tirans have a different culture than regular Humans and it seems like in BFA Blizz is expanding the lore even more than just being known for Daelin and Jaina. It's not radically different but it's different enough.
    Well Tirasians are as much as a regular human culture as Stormwindians, Dalaranians or Gilneans are. Kul Tiras was a kingdom founded by Gilneans after all with contact with the other kingdoms.

Regardless though, they're definitely not similar to vrykul culturally.

Bloodsail Admiral CreatureLives's Avatar
    5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Atethecat View Post
    Well Tirasians are as much as a regular human culture as Stormwindians, Dalaranians or Gilneans are. Kul Tiras was a kingdom founded by Gilneans after all with contact with the other kingdoms.

Regardless though, they're definitely not similar to vrykul culturally.
    I'd say they are more similar than pretty much every other race.

And yeah, they did start as Gilneans a long time ago but they don't live like Gilneans anymore. Not before Kul Tiras drifted away and certainly not after. After they drifted away they were pretty much cut off from the rest of the world. I mean, they probably if they wanted could have made contact again but chose against it it seems. Probably since Daelin died they just said fuck everyone and would rather live in much much shittier conditions than work with others. Jaina and her people were the only ones it seems that was still willing to work with others and all Jaina's people at Theramore are now dead and it seems like BFA is about fixing our relationship with them but at the same time they've changed a lot too in that time. They are even more different than they were before. They turned their way of life up to 11. Especially since they don't exactly have a king anymore and it doesn't seem like all the houses want to work together. The whole place seems to have a DIY attitude. Very much like Vrykul.

The only real difference from Vrykul and the people of Kul Tiras I see is they don't share the same religious beliefs but if you take that out of it, it seems similar enough. If you like Vrykul for their religious stuff then I can see being upset with them being put in their place but for me thats not really what I care about when I think of the Vrykul. If I want to roleplay being a Vrykul I'd just play as a Kul'Tiran Warrior and go through the Legion class hall.
    Last edited by CreatureLives; 2017-12-20 at 08:07 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by CreatureLives View Post
    I'd say they are more similar than pretty much every other race.
    I would disagree, though some Tirasians seem to be more burly, a good portion if not the vast majority use standard human models as far as I can tell from the trailer. There's no indication that Tirasians as a whole, regardless of what models they use in game, are an offshoot of humans akin to Nightborne or even Highmountain tauren. They're simply just another kingdom of men that's culturally evolved around maritime trade.
    And yeah, they did start as Gilneans a long time ago but they don't live like Gilneans anymore. Not before Kul Tiras drifted away and certainly not after. After they drifted away they were pretty much cut off from the rest of the world. I mean, they probably if they wanted could have made contact again but chose against it it seems.
    There's no indication that they were explicitly isolated from the rest of the world after the country drifted out to sea. It would make less sense considering that they're a maritime nation dependent on trade. They simply had no interest in rejoining the Alliance. We still see Tirasians outside of Kul Tiras at various points in the game.
    The only real difference from Vrykul and the people of Kul Tiras I see is they don't share the same religious beliefs but if you take that out of it, it seems similar enough. If you like Vrykul for their religious stuff then I can see being upset with them being put in their place but for me thats not really what I care about when I think of the Vrykul. If I want to roleplay being a Vrykul I'd just play as a Kul'Tiran Warrior and go through the Legion class hall.
    Tirasians are a nation of men, vrykul are a Norse-themed race of half-giants. That should really cover all the differences there without even getting into culture, language, clear anatomical differences, philosophies and as you said religion.

As much as people have complained about void elves, they're still least Thalassian elves. They may not share the same skin colors or hair customization options but they still speak Thalassian, they're still.biologically and culturally high/blood elves.

Anybody else notice the ruins in the new battleground are distinctly Gorian in design?
    It's an island off the coast of Feralas according to Nathanos so how did those get there? Hint that maybe there are intelligent ogres out and about on Azeroth?

Quote Originally Posted by MrDragon View Post
    Anybody else notice the ruins in the new battleground are distinctly Gorian in design?
    It's an island off the coast of Feralas according to Nathanos so how did those get there? Hint that maybe there are intelligent ogres out and about on Azeroth?
    Oh sweet mother how I wish that were true.

I've wanted Vrykul on the alliance for quite some time, and I think you could easily add shaman to their list as well.

I don't like the chunky KT humans at all, and I don't find them similar enough for a "good enough" deal. Vrykul or bust!

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MrDragon View Post
    oh boy, don't do that to me, don't make me create some hope

It's not real but a man can dream.

Nobody wants fucking ogres. They'll just be more female dwarves.

Quote Originally Posted by Bronan View Post
    Nobody wants fucking ogres. They'll just be more female dwarves.
    If nobody wants ogres, why does everyone and their mother ask for them?

Deleted
    I actually dont understand how someone wants vrykul.

They are basically an oversized human, with some dwarf growing the beard.

Quote Originally Posted by Futhark View Post
    Everytime I see someone discount Vrykul as an allied/subrace because of their size, I'm always quick to point out that there has already been a solution to this in the Lore this whole time: the Azothi tribe.

The Northrend Vrykul kicked out the ancestors of humans for being too small. Chronicle even talks about a renegade faction that follows Tyr and safeguards his silver hand after his death (and Paladin Artifacts in game). Read the Legacy section of [ Tyr's wiki page ] for all the backstory you'd ever need to establish the Azotha's origins.

These Azotha can easily be made an allied race that look like Vrykul that are limited to the size of Tauren, be rediscovered and recruited to the Alliance during BfA, and even be allowed to be Paladins thanks to Tyr's teachings.
    I'm actually expecting something like that is going on with Kul Tiras. I noticed the Devs describe the Kul Tirans and Drust in the exact same words. They're a "large and hardy people".

https://wow.zamimg.com/uploads/scree...mal/674329.jpg

Look at their features underneath their outfits, and everything seems basically human. No bestial tusks. No fangs. No snout. Just a normal chin and a normal nose. A five fingered hand which is proportionately similar to what we often see in art of burlier Warcraft humans. Something of the shape seems inhuman at first glance, but that's solely an effect of how bulky the furs they're wearing are and the posture he's holding.

I suspect we're going to find that they're a Human subrace who many Kul Tirans interbred with, rather than being entirely exterminated. Plus, if they're ever successful in their efforts to return to the world of the living, they could become a proper subrace in their own right. In that way, maybe they could be the Alliance's ticket into the Shadowlands later on, where the Horde will have the Zandalari and Bwonsamdi.

Though I suppose the Alliance would have to somehow pacify their desire for vengeance against those who had exterminated them so. But yeah, you might get them as your "playable Vrykul" sort of race.

Quote Originally Posted by Kazomir View Post

Human is currently the most popular alliance race, until you get our blood elf copies they it will change
    Quote Originally Posted by Tennisace View Post
    In other countries like Canada the population has chosen to believe in hope, peace and tolerance. This we can see from the election of the Honourable Justin Trudeau who stood against the politics of hate and divisiveness.

Quote Originally Posted by Kazomir View Post

That's like calling an ogre a fat, oversized orc with horns.

They're a giant race which is something the Alliance really lacks, they have a decently in-depth culture (by Warcraft standards) and they're brutal and aggressive which would give the Alliance some edge and diversity.

Plus they just look awesome!

They don't, just some vocal people are asking for them, certainly not "everyone and their mother".

Quote Originally Posted by Dahij View Post
    They don't, just some vocal people are asking for them, certainly not "everyone and their mother".
    A vocal minority that's nearly as old as WoW itself.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm all for new races period. So yes, I'd love to play an Ogre.

Everyone?! It's a dreadful minority. Even female dwarves have...SOME fans.