Page 1 of 45
... LastLast

Christian Bale: America would be much better if it was more multicultural

During the discussion, Bale brought up the importance of diversity in positions of power, especially in current American culture.

“Our culture will be so much richer the day that we stop saying ‘Hey it’s all white dudes who are running things,’” he said. “Whether that be Hollywood, whether that be Washington, you know. We’re going to get, in Hollywood, so much better films and so much more interesting stories being told and America will become the America that the rest of the world sees it as, that makes it unique … that we recognize makes this such a beautiful, brilliant country.”
    https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry...0c65287ac6a6b?
    one minute video

--

I personally agree, America needs to elect more women and people of colour into the government and eliminate any radical nationalist sentiment.

to christian bale:

shut up, you're the reason ben affleck is batman
    No sense crying over spilt beer, unless you're drunk...

10+ Year Old Account
    Careful: People on these forums confuse "people of different ethnicities and backgrounds doing different jobs" with "sharia law."

Expect discussion to follow suit.

Quote Originally Posted by Vargulf View Post
    to christian bale:

See? Only one post in!
    Last edited by Kaleredar; 2017-12-20 at 11:55 AM.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    Careful: People on these forums confuse "people of a different ethnicity doing different jobs" with "sharia law."

I choked on my hot chocolate reading this. Too funny!

Once liberals stop using skin color, gender and identity politics in every sentence America will definitely be great again.

our country's the most diverse on the planet. anyone that says there's no diversity here is an idiot.

also, diversity shouldn't come into mind when hiring people for a job. diversity should happen naturally, if people of color or people of different white ethnicities get elected, that's how it should be. you shouldn't force people into positions just because of skin color.

personally, i hope tulsi gabbard runs for president and wins next time. the fact that she's indian and hindu is meaningless to me, her policy is what matters to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    Careful: People on these forums confuse "people of a different ethnicities and backgrounds doing different jobs" with "sharia law."

See? Only one post in!
    nananananananana BATMAN
    No sense crying over spilt beer, unless you're drunk...

Deleted
    Appeal to (pseudo)Authority?

7+ Year Old Account
    I sorta agree with the sentiment in that diversity is always great (as long as its not forced diversity) due to the increase of points of view. however i feel that he also blanket covers all politics with the white dude statement, and thats where i dont really agree.
    i think that the people running things should be those with whose morals, ideals and goals the people identify with, regardless of their colour religion etc etc etc.

murica dun goofed with Drumpf, but then again, muricas political system is absolute garbage so there isnt much they can do there.

Deleted
    I don't take political advice from Hollywood nutcases, tyvm.
    These people live in their own bubble of sex, abuse, drugs and they are literally living in an enclave with only rich people.

Mechagnome
    7+ Year Old Account
    Yup, more cultural and ethnic diversity is always good imo.

America desperately needs some religious diversity though. Not being Christian basically disqualifies you from running for office.
    Ily mmoc

7+ Year Old Account
    Nice click bait title, since the comment was only about positions of power, not America in general.

Deleted
    it should not matter what color or gender you have. Aslong as you can do the job, And do it well. We shouldn't vote people in because of X reason, Other then they are the best suited for the job.

Forced diversity sucks...

Quote Originally Posted by Deruyter View Post
    These people live in their own bubble of sex, abuse, drugs and they are literally living in an enclave with only rich people.
    You just described the American conservative government.

He isn't even American himself, is he? I'll have to double check, but I was convinced that he's actually British.

I'm also rather unsettled by the lack of an acknowledgement of the diversity that exists where Caucasians are concerned. My view is that diversity for the sake of diversity is a sinister thing. Organic diversity is not.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodakane View Post
    You just described the American conservative government.
    You could have just left out conservative.

Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    our country's the most diverse on the planet. anyone that says there's no diversity here is an idiot.

also, diversity shouldn't come into mind when hiring people for a job. diversity should happen naturally, if people of color or people of different white ethnicities get elected, that's how it should be. you shouldn't force people into positions just because of skin color.

personally, i hope tulsi gabbard runs for president and wins next time. the fact that she's indian and hindu is meaningless to me, her policy is what matters to me.
    Derpkitteh (I typed this with a straight face!), you're being wholly unreasonable here. Just because America has a large mix of people of from different ethnicities doesn't mean it is diverse. This is exactly the point that Mr. Bale is making (did you watch the short video?), that is, white men running everything in a system that solely benefits them and then having all the people of colour and women being put into boxes is not diversity, its the opposite.

Finally, Singapore is the most multiculturally successful country in the world. If you don't believe me look it up. Its a beacon that all the Western countries should look up to as the prototype for a diverse and functional society.

Quote Originally Posted by Talsar View Post
    Yup, more cultural and ethnic diversity is always good imo.

America desperately needs some religious diversity though. Not being Christian basically disqualifies you from running for office.
    People vote for who they want to vote for.. Are you going to force certain candidates through against the will of the people in order to fulfill some quota?

It would be much better if there was some actualy democracy.

Quote Originally Posted by Vargulf View Post
    to christian bale:

Thank god!

Literally every single government on this planet fits this description, without exception.