Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Socialhealer View Post
    awww you just returned and can't compete?

remember in the past when you could just return to the game and join guilds clearing mythic....

....no-one else does either.
    Huh? I did this in almost every expansion. Legion is the first one that makes it hard. You could get funneled gear for a week or two and be competitive in previous expansions.
    Quote Originally Posted by Okard View Post
    they took out chill of the throne, if you havent looked. Youre going to do 30% less than youre used to.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Leetbeartank View Post
    Huh? I did this in almost every expansion. Legion is the first one that makes it hard. You could get funneled gear for a week or two and be competitive in previous expansions.
    So you could get boosted and you'd be fine.
    You can still do that. Legendaries don't all of a sudden break your dps. Every class can get up to 90% parses without the "best" legendaries.

Not entirely sure why this is being argued: Blizzard doesn't like the system and it's going away next expansion. I suppose the OP's comment about having a legendary catch up that's actually worthy something in the game for alts is worthwhile at this point.

Personally, I have about three legendaries on my main, one on two alts and zero on about 11 other alts -- all of them max level. Though I only play about 30-50 hours a month -- a while back that was enough to raid or PvP or do challenge modes -- and I don't do LFR every week. Just random dungeons and world quests mainly because I don't want to work a second job for the correct "dice" to "maybe" drop my best legendary for one of my alts (having every class at max and a couple duplicate classes for factions, some of which are mid 100s). I don't believe in the "easiest" or "most efficient" route and just play what content I want to play and have fun with. This has disallowed me -- from lack of trying, I admit, since I feel so inferior without any legendaries on my favorite alts -- to do casual normal or heroic raiding as a whole. As well as PvP or Mythic dungeons -- which are a poor replacement, in my opinion, to my beloved challenge modes.

I used to be able to just log on from the start of the expansion and raid as soon as it was open. Though playing lotto for five months (for my first two) until I got the worst three legendaries over the course of the expansion on my main just made feel... well. I now spend most of my time in other games, and am enjoying myself and waiting patiently for BFA to come. Perhaps it was because I have been kicked from groups for not having any legendaries on my alts before that left me with a sort of low self-esteem (at least, I was being belittled for it before we even started, and then kicked). Where once I could adapt to any mechanic almost instantly and maintain my rotations regardless of the class, now I just log in and stare at the screen with most of my characters and only experience new content like Argus on my Warrior at present.

This may not seem like a problem to the majority of the playerbase that says (and does) to do the most efficient things, all the time and one day you will get the legendary you want... with you gambling every 5-10 days if you are "actually playing" the game. Though all of the RNG in legion has been detrimental to me personally, and while I haven't complained much about it, I have went to greener pastures and found a game that rewards hard work rather than what we have now in WoW.

Quote Originally Posted by woozie21 View Post
    I reroll to druid half way through NH and I have 1 legendary to get for ALL SPECS.
    So 1 legendary and I have all for all specs and I start getting tokens.
    And no I don't play 24/7, i'm in a very casual 2 day week raiding guild and we are on 1/11 mythic now.
    Halfway through nighthold was quite a while ago

And I don't believe that's all you did. I was playing my paladin from the start, raid 2-3 times a week, do m+, and emissaries and I'm still missing some prot legendaries and I don't have a single holy one.

Quote Originally Posted by ramayana1423 View Post
    I have all legendaries on my main Warrior and my alt DH. Obviously I play a lot, but my DH playtime is nothing insane. I do my emissary every day, I do 0-1 current normal raid clears a week, 1-2 mythic+, and I do the current teir world boss and 3 invasions for weekly since Argus patch. This myth that you need to no life it all day everyday to have all legendaries for a class/spec is simply not true, and my alt is actual proof of that.
    How much time do you spend on other video games? What about other hobbies? How often do you go out and socialize?

Quote Originally Posted by Requimortem View Post
    How much time do you spend on other video games? What about other hobbies? How often do you go out and socialize?
    What I want to know is what he thinks "nothing insane" is as far as playtime, particularly so as he clearly spends more time on his warrior main yet he has all his legos on his alt then he talks like, "all I do is x, y, z, a, and b since the Argus patch". I have 6 alts I leveled since the argus patch and I do comparable content weekly across all of them and the most I have on any of them is 5. What did he do before the Argus patch? I'd put money down that his story isn't exactly accurate.

I don't play other games, I golf, I work 45-50 hours a week, I go out with friends most weekends. I know people want to beleive it's impossible to have all legendaries without being a total no life, but it's simply untrue.

Quote Originally Posted by niil945 View Post
    What I want to know is what he thinks "nothing insane" is as far as playtime, particularly so as he clearly spends more time on his warrior main yet he has all his legos on his alt then he talks like, "all I do is x, y, z, a, and b since the Argus patch". I have 6 alts I leveled since the argus patch and I do comparable content weekly across all of them and the most I have on any of them is 5. What did he do before the Argus patch? I'd put money down that his story isn't exactly accurate.
    I spend more time than I care to on this game and only have two characters but I'm still missing four on my Warlock and eight on my Mage (not including the crafted and two that come from Antorus). Admittedly I don't do much raiding except the occasional LFR and I have yet to engage in Mythic+ so it's not entirely unreasonable for someone to have most of their Legendaries at this point but definitely not without a heavy time investment. You can certainly lessen it to an extent by completing Mythic+ and raiding but those in themselves are a hefty time investment so there's no way around it.

- - - Updated - - -

I don't play other games, I golf, I work 45-50 hours a week, I go out with friends most weekends. I know people want to beleive it's impossible to have all legendaries without being a total no life, but it's simply untrue.
    What's untrue is this nonsense you're trying to pass off.

Quote Originally Posted by Katjezz View Post
    Legion is going to run at least for another 10~ months if previous release times are to be believed.

If anyone changes his main now, he is eternally fucked.

People who dont farm m+ 24/7 just barely got all the legendaries of their specc after playing Legion for the entire time, +/- some people with good/bad RNG.

Since the Legendary system is on its way out forever, this would be a perfect chance for Blizzard to let everyone test them out.

There will be a lot of people returning to the game, and instantly getting hit in the face with the harsh reality of receiving (((((utility))))) legendaries might turn them away again. ( as example, DH warriors and rogues literally can not compete without certain legendaries).

There is also by now a massive pool of possible legendaries, so the chance of receiving the ones you need are basically Zero.

I dont think there is anything wrong with putting a legendary token to the relinquished vendor for like 1400 Argunite, or adding legendary tokens to certain activities in the game.
    Not completely ducked to be honest, my mate joined wow and hit 110 august. He's a fire mage and got all of his fire legendaries, two frost 1 arcane in three months, he hasn't played at all since around mid November. He did every mythic, every lfr, every normal, every heroic, and dozens of keystones a week. He was playing minimum 10 hours a day.

That being said, I don't recommend anyone doing it, like I said he doesn't play now and this is a direct result of his grinding. He got burnout

Quote Originally Posted by niil945 View Post
    I explained a few posts before this what I do specifically on each character. Only difference with my warrior is I do ~6 invasion points a day. Before Argus, I did nothing different than what I do now except I obviously didn't do invasion points as they didn't exist, but the legendary acquisition was also comparably slower.

As far as the playtime, Tuesdays take a little longer as I tend to try to get my one M+ on each toon done that day, as well as the greater invasion and 3 invasion points for the weekly. So lets break it down:

Tuesday - 1h 35m total
    Warrior:
    1 M+: 30 minutes
    1 emissary: 15 minutes
    3 invasion points + 1 greater invasion: 20 minutes
    3 more invasion points later at night: 15 minutes
    Kill Argus rare WQs for argunite: 15 minutes

DH - 1h 5m total
    1 M+: 30 minutes
    3 invasion points + 1 greater invasion: 20 minutes:

Rest of the week daily items:
    Warrior - 1 hours daily +4-5 hours for raid/more M+
    3 invasion points: 15 minutes
    3 more invasion points later at night: 15 minutes
    Kill Argus rare WQs for argunite: 15 minutes

1 day a week raid for 4 hours, we clear heroic and are doing mythic. I will sometimes do another 1-2 M+ to help guildies get one done.

DH - 15 minutes daily + 2 hours for raid

1 normal Antorus clear a week which takes less than 2 hours.

Add that all up, its ~12.5 hours for my warrior a week, with only 2 days being over 1 hour of stuff. DH is less than 5 hours a week. Like I said, you don't need to no life it, it's just a matter of being efficient.

I spend more time than I care to on this game and only have two characters but I'm still missing four on my Warlock and eight on my Mage (not including the crafted and two that come from Antorus). Admittedly I don't do much raiding except the occasional LFR and I have yet to engage in Mythic+ so it's not entirely unreasonable for someone to have most of their Legendaries at this point but definitely not without a heavy time investment. You can certainly lessen it to an extent by completing Mythic+ and raiding but those in themselves are a hefty time investment so there's no way around it.

- - - Updated - - -

What's untrue is this nonsense you're trying to pass off.
    I'm sorry you stink at time management, and also that you admittedly don't do any raiding or any mythic+ and I'm willing to bet you do 3 invasion points a week at max. Basically it sounds like you spend a ton of time in game doing nothing of substance. That's why legendaries seem so rare to you.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Katniss68 View Post
    https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/ch...lackrock/katdk

This is my main. I've gotten 4 legenaries across 5 level 110's since they started dropping. I play a lot. I know all about bad luck.
    If you play a lot your character stats in the armory and wowprogress absolutely do not agree with you. As I said to the person earlier, if you are playing a lot you are doing a lot of content with no substance that doesn't increase your chance at legendaries. You haven't even completed 50 world quests on your DK, you've completed exactly 1 mythic+. You don't have bad luck, you simply don't do anything.
    Last edited by ramayana1423; 2017-12-20 at 06:22 PM.

I'm sorry you stink at time management, and also that you admittedly don't do any raiding or any mythic+ and I'm willing to bet you do 3 invasion points a week at max. Basically it sounds like you spend a ton of time in game doing nothing of substance. That's why legendaries seem so rare to you.
    Except for the fact that I clearly stated I have most of mine on two characters. Doing nothing of substance? It's adorable you think there's any substance in raiding/Mythic+ when one is literally just dungeons but more tedious and the other is larger but still basically a more tedious variant of dungeons. None of that matters though because you're still trying to push the blatant lie that you're not a no-lifer despite evidence to the contrary.

The problem here is there's too much emphasis on legendaries. Just play the game the way you want to and not worry about this stuff. Just have fun.

honestly i've gotten a lot of legendaries from emmisary and raids. shit I got one on my pretty fresh 110 pally this weeks lockout in LFR.

At the very least your odds are pretty good running Normal/Heroic EN/ToV. Heroic is such a faceroll for those now that they are pretty easy to get in a pug group. I've not run heroic NH or ToS with an alt yet, but I cant imagine they are that hard to get in.

Except for the fact that I clearly stated I have most of mine on two characters. Doing nothing of substance? It's adorable you think there's any substance in raiding/Mythic+ when one is literally just dungeons but more tedious and the other is larger but still basically a more tedious variant of dungeons. None of that matters though because you're still trying to push the blatant lie that you're not a no-lifer despite evidence to the contrary.
    Again, believe what you want, and keep denying that you are just inefficient with your time and blaming the system. It's cool man.

10+ Year Old Account
    Re-rolled to a Boomkin, got all the Legendaries apart from the two I need, but on the up-side in 2 weeks i'll have the ones I need.

Again, believe what you want, and keep denying that you are just inefficient with your time and blaming the system. It's cool man.
    I haven't blamed anyone for anything other than you for lying.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by spleen1015 View Post
    The problem here is there's too much emphasis on legendaries. Just play the game the way you want to and not worry about this stuff. Just have fun.
    Unless you're someone who enjoys collecting items in the game and realize that Blizzard has an inexplicable fetish for removing content so you're on a perpetual deadline.

I haven't blamed anyone for anything other than you for lying.
    I'm sorry the truth hurts you so deep.

I'm sorry the truth hurts you so deep.
    At least I don't spend my time lying on a forum pretending I have a life like you.

I'm actually not lying, but I am laughing at how sad you are to be in such denial. So please keep it up.