Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Although I have precisely zero desire to run in circles in Un'Goro for hours and hours and hours, I'm going to try to get carried through Gothik. I ALWAYS wanted to see that fight.

Maybe I'll raid through BWL and then just find a guild that will trade some flasks for letting me see it.

Not finishing Naxx. We were 2 bosses in when BC came out.

Nothing in particular, I would probably like to try more classes though. I only leveled a handful of toons due to the time sink, and me being a kid.
    “You can never get a cup of tea large enough or a book long enough to suit me.”
    – C.S. Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by Powerogue View Post
    It's ridiculous to call me a liar when simple idiocy would do. I vendored all my herbs until level 12 because I wanted to buy white gear from the vendor. I also didn't like the AH because it gave me carpal tunnel syndrome that makes my wrists twitch any time I think about it. I did not like spending over half my time in-game at the AH, so I often just vendored things that were probably very valuable because "screw that." Not to mention our bags were much smaller and I was a hoarder, so I had to return to either a vendor or a mailbox every few minutes, and mailboxes were much, much harder to find. Both being rarer and non-trackable on your minimap.

I know exactly when I got my epic mount because the specific memory was me going "aaagh, it's too fast!" and flying right off the rope bridges in Nagrand.

And yeah, TWO mobs. Mobs back then did this thing called "running away and coming back with 5 or 6 friends." Spellcasters were the worst because you had to run up to them to interrupt them, which would aggro more, and we had no ability to dispel or counter magic damage. (or bleeds, which interrupted bandages, my only source of healing)

My spec was non-cookie-cutter as well, putting a lot of points into things like subtlety's "20% movement speed while stealthed? YES!!" instead of damage.
    Don't listen to him, he's part of the toxic illegal server community who think they are experiencing authentic vanilla.

Quote Originally Posted by Nupomaniac View Post
    It doesnt take a whole lot of hardcore dedication to clear naxx today.
    Even on those pirate servers where tuning is so off, people use 10hours+ a week trying to clear naxx.
    So it takes a 3 day schedule at least.

People are so much better players that things are getting rolled over.
    Totally wrong, the modern WoW is so much easier to play well, so that the skill level goes down because of it.
    (talking average player base, not the top end)

Most private servers have buffed boss health just so it isnt completely trivial.
    Why is this the issue ? - it is because they have class changes that made everything so miss-tuned.
    If Blizzard would "fix" this, the would never just oomph up the boss hp.

Doing the same "trivial" fight for 5 or 10 minutes, with the same numbers in and out, doesnt really make it any less trivial.

Naxx is harder then the rest.
    The only thing you got right.

But if you raid even normal/hc today its not going to be a problem clearing naxx with a 1 night a week raiding guild
    It is just funny that some think this.

I'd love to do the epic hunter and priest quest lines. Didn't even know they existed back then. Not that I mained a hunter or priest anyway.

Deleted
    Level a priest to 60 so I can Mind Control people off of boats and cliffs. So many places where, if you died, you'd HAVE to use your Hearthstone (which had a 1 hour cooldown). Ahhhh, the memories!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DysprosiumDy View Post
    Level a priest to 60 so I can Mind Control people off of boats and cliffs. So many places where, if you died, you'd HAVE to use your Hearthstone (which had a 1 hour cooldown). Ahhhh, the memories!
    This is the main reason I'm am considering rolling a priest for classic!
    If i was riding a donkey down the road. And someone threw a rock and knocked me off. Would i be stoned off my ass?

7+ Year Old Account
    I’ll be excited now that’s im older to actually know what’s going on. Was like 12-13 at the time and did nothing correct.
    Play a rogue or a mage
    "I don't contemplate, I meditate, then off your fucking head" -Kendrick Lamar
    "If you have no sauce, then you're lost. But, you can also get lost in the sauce."-Gucci Mane
    "I'm too drunk to taste this chicken"-Colonel Sanders

Deleted
    Played as Horde up until early WOTLK then switched to an Alliance guild.

Have had my fill of leveling Alliance toons now so will go back to my roots and create a Horde one again.

Originally only ever played a lock so I will try something different this time - I suck at melee classes so might go healer Druid or perhaps a Mage.

Quote Originally Posted by epLe View Post
    Totally wrong, the modern WoW is so much easier to play well, so that the skill level goes down because of it.
    (talking average player base, not the top end)
    Actually its not black and white. In modern wow the game helps you out more (showing procs for certain abilities etc). In Vanilla you did not have that.

Vanilla wow had a lot of bad players just like retail. The major difference was that rotations for DPS players is more complex now than in Vanilla. Making something easy to play does not reduce someones skill level. It makes it easier to pickup and learn.

OT, I will play a tank as I did not do that in Vanilla. Should be fun or horrible, can't wait to find out.

Quote Originally Posted by DysprosiumDy View Post
    My favorite was to MC Horde landing at Cenarian Hold while waiting for my guild to show up for AQ raids. MC them and have them attack the bat rider. If I was lucky, I could get them killed without aggroing the CH guards. If not (much of the time), the guards would kill me as soon as the Horde guy was dead. Totally worth it. Playing a Holy Priest on a PVP server sucked in Vanilla.

On topic...
    I'd like to clear both AQ40 and Naxx. We got through Huhu in AQ, and didn't quite get started on Naxx before everyone started peeling off in preparation for BC. Hate the idea that I have to go back to MC for progression raiding again though. Ugh.

10+ Year Old Account
    Not taking more screenshots of the original world. So I will probably be doing that exclusively once this comes out. I had this goal to do a world tour before Cataclysm came out and get a bunch of photos of all the old zones and I never quite made it all the way around Azeroth.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by khalltusk View Post
    Actually its not black and white. In modern wow the game helps you out more (showing procs for certain abilities etc). In Vanilla you did not have that.

Vanilla wow had a lot of bad players just like retail. The major difference was that rotations for DPS players is more complex now than in Vanilla. Making something easy to play does not reduce someones skill level. It makes it easier to pickup and learn.

OT, I will play a tank as I did not do that in Vanilla. Should be fun or horrible, can't wait to find out.
    Anybody that tell you that Vanilla was not harder than today dont know shit! Even if the game help you more today, back in Vanilla the general difficulty was way harder. Just try to remember the number of mobs you can pull at the same time while questing. No addon can help you on that. Majority of class can pull no more than 1 or 2 mobs at time or you're pretty much dead!
    Last edited by riptal; 2017-12-21 at 04:21 PM.
    Not sure if I'm a good guy but I'm working hard on it...

Back when I played vanilla wow I cleared all content and was there for mostly everything but only from a damage dealers perspective(mage) I'm hoping to do something different this time around like rogue or warrior due to the legendaries you can get. There really wasn't anything for casters until Naxx and the item model for Atiesh was so bland compared to the likes of Thunderfury or Sulfuras, Hand of Ragnaros. Not to mention what it took as a guild to get either of those items for their tank or rogue.

Quote Originally Posted by riptal View Post
    Anybody that tell you that Vanilla was not harder than today dont know shit! Even if the game help you more today, back in Vanilla the general difficulty was way harder. Just try to remember the number of mobs you can pull at the same time while questing. No addon can help you on that. Majority of class can pull no more than 1 or 2 mobs at time or you're pretty much dead!
    You mean leveling in Vanilla was more tedious in some sections but overall was more difficult? Yes, I am well aware of that having played Vanilla my self.

It is why I said it is not black and white.

10+ Year Old Account
    It doesnt take a whole lot of hardcore dedication to clear naxx today. People are so much better players that things are getting rolled over. Most private servers have buffed boss health just so it isnt completely trivial.

Naxx is harder then the rest. But if you raid even normal/hc today its not going to be a problem clearing naxx with a 1 night a week raiding guild
    Maybe. It took my guild 21 attempts to kill KT on LH and we were a very good bunch. The randomness of that encounter requires the raid to adapt at a moment's notice or you wipe horribly. Also: you killed Feugen a few seconds ahead of Stalagg? Too bad, the Tesla coil just wiped you. There are these nuances in Naxx 40 that make it really challenging even for the most capable of raiding parties.

I can recommend to finish the scepter of the shifting sands during the aq event under original circumstances.

I hope they reproduce the event exactly like in vanilla. All the quests, all the insane farming, its just pretty much worth to get experienced.
    Last edited by Millyraynge; 2017-12-21 at 04:47 PM.

People talking about their private server experience as if it was Vanilla lol

Getting IronFoe and finishing Naxx (only had 4 bosses down)
    Warrax, Fury Warrior
    Silika, BM Hunter