Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Athorha View Post
    Well they were able to cure Grom from being red back to green... why can't they revert green back to brown?
    His red color wasn't permanent. He was different from the other red orcs. He was known as a chaos orc, while the other red ones are Fel Orcs/Blood Orcs. Grom and his followers gained that red color from drinking from Mannoroths Chaos Well in Ashenvale. The Fel Orcs turned red from consuming a lot more fel energy from Magtheridon.
    If what doesn't kill you, makes you stronger. Then I should be a god by now.

5+ Year Old Account
    Blood elf = High elf

Is just a name that they give to themselves for the events of Lich King and all that.

And no, Void elves are not High elves from the Alliance, they are exiled elves from Quel'thalas (maybe there are original Alliance Velfs but is not what were told to us).

Quote Originally Posted by united View Post
    While I think they were cooler when they were elves willing to do anything to sate their addiction, they have the sunwell now, so no more fel for the most part.

There should be an option like in a quest line for a blood elf to gain their blue eyes back.
    It's a permanent change. Unless they become addicted to something more powerful than fel that causes their eyes to become blue again, we won't see it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Novakhoro View Post
    I recommend shoulder surgery immediately... there's no way you didn't fuck it up with how hard you just reached.

The Unstoppable Force Friendlyimmolation's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    The Dreadfort, or Korriban. You never know.
    Quote Originally Posted by Veyne View Post
    It's a permanent change. Unless they become addicted to something more powerful than fel that causes their eyes to become blue again, we won't see it.

It’s not a permanent change. It just takes a while to go away.

Also they were addicted to arcane not fel, their eyes are green for the same reason the orcs who didn’t drink demon blood were green, being around fel, in the blood elves case where Rommath used it to rebuild silvermoon.

The elves who became addicted to fel became red or super pale, grew horns and wings.
    Quote Originally Posted by WoWKnight65 View Post
    That's same excuse from you and so many others on this website and your right some of threads do bully high elf fans to a point where they might end up losing their minds to a point of a mass shooting.
    Holy shit lol

Quote Originally Posted by Friendlyimmolation View Post
    It’s not a permanent change. It just takes a while to go away.

Also they were addicted to arcane not fel, their eyes are green for the same reason the orcs who didn’t drink demon blood were green, being around fel, in the blood elves case where Rommath used it to rebuild silvermoon.

The elves who became addicted to fel became red or super pale, grew horns and wings.
    I'm a little bit drunk and got my words and lore mixed up, but this guy's right about pretty much everything. Blood Elves != Withered. For all intents and purposes, it isn't permanent, and we can get our blue eyes back, but it will be a hell of a lot longer than the amount of time that's passes since. It'd be cool if Blizzard implemented a very, very gradual transition, but the timelines don't jive. When you make a blood elf, you make it back in TBC era. Once you leave ghostlands you jump to Cata era. It'd be a bit of a stark change, but still...
    Quote Originally Posted by Novakhoro View Post
    I recommend shoulder surgery immediately... there's no way you didn't fuck it up with how hard you just reached.

7+ Year Old Account
    Would be Nice to have Blue Eyes for Blood Elves in a customization feature.

Void elves have blue eyes.

Quote Originally Posted by Xuen View Post
    The blood elves were never corrupted in the same manner as the Orcs. They never drank the cool aid so to speak. What they did do was siphon Demons and started to use Fel.
    They didn't even do that outside of Fel Blood elves which we killed in BC. No Sin'dorei outside a few core leaders even knew there were fel used in rebuilding Silvermoon. What Blood elves siphoned off animals was arcane mana, the green crystals have been around since the original founding of Silvermoon.

The reason for green eyes is the fel radiation from the one major spell Rommath did, after that it was pure arcane for those who did not join the legion.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by manboiler View Post
    No you're totally wrong. You just don't change race by changing a faction (= political affiliation).

Valeera is a blood elf, even though she is part of the Alliance. Blood Elves are High Elves who were "poisoned" by the fel and thus they have green eyes and this isn't going to change (same with orcs).
    BElves are the same race as HElves.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    High elves and blood elves are physiologically the same race... (WCEncyclopedia)

The only difference is their ideological and/or political leaning.
    A crucial difference between high elves and blood elves is that no high elves have decided to feed their hunger for arcane magic by draining that magic from alternative sources (now that the Sunwell is useless). Even today, though, a high elf might still succumb to that addiction and become one of the blood elves. (WCEncyclopedia)
    The HElves are those that weren't around when Kael renamed them in honor of their fallen or who changed their name back in protest to the mana draining practices.

Eye color isn't even a distinguishing feature lorewise. Any Thalasian elf exposed to fel in QT or Outland would have green eyes regardless of their identification as HElf or BElf.
    You could be the most pious of priests or most outdoorsy of Farstriders, chances are, if you were a high elf in Quel'Thalas or Outland following the Third War, you were around fel energies, and your eyes would turn green. (AskCDev2)

Quote Originally Posted by Teri View Post
    Orcs stay green too, they don't suddenly go brown again.
    The green does go away in future generations though. Remember Thrall's kid Durak? He's a brown skin orc despite Thrall having green skin.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Aquamonkey View Post
    High elves and blood elves are physiologically the same race... (WCEncyclopedia)

A crucial difference between high elves and blood elves is that no high elves have decided to feed their hunger for arcane magic by draining that magic from alternative sources (now that the Sunwell is useless). Even today, though, a high elf might still succumb to that addiction and become one of the blood elves. (WCEncyclopedia)
    The HElves are those that weren't around when Kael renamed them in honor of their fallen or who changed their name back in protest to the mana draining practices.

Eye color isn't even a distinguishing feature lorewise. Any Thalasian elf exposed to fel in QT or Outland would have green eyes regardless of their identification as HElf or BElf.
    You could be the most pious of priests or most outdoorsy of Farstriders, chances are, if you were a high elf in Quel'Thalas or Outland following the Third War, you were around fel energies, and your eyes would turn green. (AskCDev2)
    But Valeera did drain magic from alternative sources. She's a blood elf through and through on that count.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Anduin Menethil View Post
    But then later they did. What's your point?
    The point is that the fel taint will slowly fade and they return to their blue eye color.

Formerly known as Arafal

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Friendlyimmolation View Post
    Blizzard said that the blood elves would be in time cleansed by the sunwell’s holy/arcane energy. So having blue eyes would be nice, but I’d also like to give them the option of Golden eyes, as one of the Blizzard gms talked about.
    Golden eyes would fit the Sunwell use, so I could get used to it - especially since I often use gold/red transmogs for my characters because these are the Blood Elf colours. Blue eyes are boring (go away with your stereotype high elves!), so I would rather keep green ones.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeula View Post
    Well, lorewise it’s confirmed to happen at some point in the future, the green fel taint will disappear as the Sunwell’s energies continue to flow through them and they stay away from fel.

When and whether that will be shown in game is up for debate.
    I would prefer it never be shown in the game. Or only in a hypothetical WoW2. The Green Eyes (and the green skin in
    The orcs case ) is a leftover of the races chequered past and removing them, I feel would remove the only really intresting aspect of BE lore.

Also I like the idea of Golden Eyes over blue.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Magnagarde View Post
    It is funny how all of a sudden many of those that play blood elves give importance to blue eyes now that the possibility of normal Alliance high elves got lowered through the introduction of void elves. I thought blue eyes didn't matter, eh lol
    Void Elves buried the possibility. Giving blue eyes to Blood Elves is like affixing a headstone to the grave. Just drives the point home.

Also blue eyed Blood Elves would be pretty cool. As would golden eyed Blood Elves.

I hope we get the option to change our eye colour at some point with multiple shades of these three colours.

When enhanced customization comes in, giving Blood Elf players the option to change their eye colour will be an easy and popular feature. I expect this to happen.

OH YES, please! The cries of agony of delusional Alliance High Elf fanboys would echo through the ages.

OP, you are either a genious or a master troll, but I seriously hope this becomes real.

Quote Originally Posted by Pandragon View Post
    Yes, for them to move away from what The lich King did, they would have to change the races name. They are called Blood Elves because of Arthas slaughtering them.

He took the skin color of his mother. Had thrall mated with a green skinned female, Durak would be green. Like taking a parents hair color. But when Durak was first put in the game, he had green skin. So the color either changed as he aged due to the fact Thrall is green and Aggra is brown, or that was just a PH model when he was a baby.
    I -seriously- doubt felblood corruption is fucking genetic.

Might as well say Pandaren Elf hybrids are canon at that point.
    There is absolutely no basis for individual rights to firearms or self defense under any contextual interpretation of the second amendment of the United States Constitution. It defines clearly a militia of which is regulated of the people and arms, for the expressed purpose of protection of the free state. Unwillingness to take in even the most basic and whole context of these laws is exactly the road to anarchy.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sails View Post
    I would prefer it never be shown in the game. Or only in a hypothetical WoW2. The Green Eyes (and the green skin in
    The orcs case ) is a leftover of the races chequered past and removing them, I feel would remove the only really intresting aspect of BE lore.

Also I like the idea of Golden Eyes over blue.
    Aye, their eyes are an important part of their racial identity (Hence gold would be better than blue), I'm not asking for it to be done, just saying lorewise it will happen eventually.

Quote Originally Posted by Aquamonkey View Post

Ah ok, makes sense

7+ Year Old Account
    If they ever DO add a costumization option for belf eyes, they would most likely offer several options, ranging from light to dark [blue/green/gold]. That way everyone can choose whatever floats their boat. Lore-wise I totally agree that the taint should slowly fade away, depending on each elf individually. I'm also more inclined for a lore-based golden color eventually, though I think blue is prettier. DK blue eyes are also different from regular belf/helf blue eyes since they have a slightly different tint AND the misty glowy part.

Fun side fact: Personal RP headcannon has a belf with Dragonwrath > binding their soul to a blue dragon turned their eyes blue as well. I mean common, you can't just share soul space with a BLUE dragon of frost/arcane magic without having some sort of physical change as well. Now guess what said elf did in their free time? Casually strolling through Alliance territory since they'd always consider the elf to be an Alliance high elf. Said elf actually has more issues being in Horde territory since those guys consider said elf a spy. Go figure.

nope eyes stay green. wasted developer time. fake news.
    No sense crying over spilt beer, unless you're drunk...