Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    The OP's main misconception is quantity over quality. Turalyon has been out of the picture since the Second War, while Tirion's been active off and on since the Second War in-story. In that time, Turalyon has nearly constantly been in battle against the Burning Legion's forces, has been Lightforged (and according to what we know of the Lightforged, one of them is as good as ten regular warriors), and held out against overwhelming numerical superiority for a thousand years before the order champions (armed with weapons so powerful that even the Ashbringer has become dozens of times more powerful than it was in Tirion's hands, where it was already capable of impressive feats) showed up and helped push back the Legion's final attempts to hold out. Tirion's done more, but of comparatively lesser note on a cosmic scale. It's like comparing the number of accomplishments a character does from 1-60 versus their accomplishments at level 110.
    Be seeing you guys on Bloodsail Buccaneers NA!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Thage View Post
    The OP's main misconception is quantity over quality. Turalyon has been out of the picture since the Second War, while Tirion's been active off and on since the Second War in-story. In that time, Turalyon has nearly constantly been in battle against the Burning Legion's forces, has been Lightforged (and according to what we know of the Lightforged, one of them is as good as ten regular warriors), and held out against overwhelming numerical superiority for a thousand years before the order champions (armed with weapons so powerful that even the Ashbringer has become dozens of times more powerful than it was in Tirion's hands, where it was already capable of impressive feats) showed up and helped push back the Legion's final attempts to hold out. Tirion's done more, but of comparatively lesser note on a cosmic scale. It's like comparing the number of accomplishments a character does from 1-60 versus their accomplishments at level 110.
    Difference being that Turalyon did absolutely nothing of note that you can mention while Tirion smacked Darion's ass, smacked Arthas' ass, led the Argent Crusade to victory in northrend and killed the Lich King at the top of Icecrown.

Turalyon led a guerilla of rebels who accomplished basically nothing, you say they held back the Legion but the Legion still invaded Azeroth more than once.

Garothi Worldbreaker > Turalyon and his army ffs.

Quote Originally Posted by Thage View Post
    like i just said above you, the army didn't stop a single invasion.

they were basically terrorists that hit and ran, killing small armies of demons(not even permanently) before heading back into hiding.

the legion still exterminated planets without issues, and invaded azeroth and outland with only azerothian resistance stopping them.

Turalyon led a force that fought against the Legion for thousand(s?) years, battled demons on Argus years ago, won a number of times, and stayed alive and healthy until now even when he attracted enough attention that Kil'Jaeden sent assassin(s) after him. Tirion got defeated, captured and killed on the first Legion's direct invasion on Azeroth that he took part in the fighting force.

I don't know, with that said, Tirion doesn't seem too hot... I can't remember, did Kil'Jaeden even care about Tirion enough to mention him?
    Last edited by Qualia; 2017-12-23 at 05:14 PM.
    Je veux le sang, sang, sang, et sang
    Donnons le sang de guillotine
    Pour guerir la secheresse de la guillotine
    Je veux le sang, sang, sang, et sang.

Quote Originally Posted by Xuen View Post
    He beat Doomhammer with nothing but a broken sword, knocked him out and took him captive. Which means he did what even Anduin Lothar couldn't do.

Also remember that THE Doomhammer (the weapon) has since also been retroactively empowered to be artifact strength even at that time due to the Elements of Draenor.
    He beat Doomhammer after his extremely exhausting fight against Lothar. He barely had strength to lift that hammer after he killed Lothar. It's like saying it'd be a great success for an amateur boxer to knock-out Tyson right after he walked off the ring after his fight with Holyfield.

Quote Originally Posted by Qualia View Post
    Turalyon led a force that fought against the Legion for thousand(s?) years, battled demons on Argus years ago, won a number of times, and stayed alive and healthy until now even when he attracted enough attention that Kil'Jaeden sent assassin(s) after him. Tirion got defeated, captured and killed on the first Legion's direct invasion on Azeroth that he took part in the fighting force.

I don't know, with that said, Tirion doesn't seem too hot...
    The difference is that the Army of Light was crafted specifically against the Legion, it had thousands of years of experience, meaning basically full knowledge of Legion's tactics. It is much easier to avoid defeat when you're not going full out and you know you can always retreat to safety if something doesn't go according to plan. Broken Shore was exactly the opposite of what would be a typical Army of Light battle, and that's why it ended with a disaster for every faction involved.
    Last edited by Airlick; 2017-12-23 at 05:16 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxos View Post
    When you play the game of MMOs, you win or you go f2p.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Josyel View Post
    Bolvar yelling "there must be a Lich King, tell everyone that he died" is why, lorewise, everyone thinks Tyrion duelled LK.

Its not like "Hey Tyrion and 25 champions, we heard Bolvar screaming at ICC entrance, did you guys found his corpse?".

Just Tyrion, us (champions) and DKs knows that LK is alive. Not even high ranking mages in the council of six know that hes alive, hinted by the Felomenorn entry quest.
    Trying to sound smart, but can’t even spell TIRION correct, or even put “FIND” instead of “FOUND” in the right context.

Tard!

Infracted.
    Last edited by Aucald; 2017-12-23 at 09:44 PM. Reason: Received Infraction

So I know I probably missed something skipping around the questing text but...why does Turalyon keep saying he's been fighting for a thousand years anyways? Unless years work different in twisting nether and space, I mean Alleria living that long is even kinda faint since she's just a high elf and their lifespans are shorter than night elves. I mean I can accept blizz hand wave logic for lore, I just don't remember seeing it mentioned.

Otherwise still Turalyon > Tirion, I've never like the bastard who got hyped up from alliance traitor (forget the short novel he still aided what was the enemy) and was just some broken down loser npc mopping over his dead scarlet crusader son in the early days to being propped up as the champion of the light since wotlk. Even if most of Turalyon's lore is book related (and the books aren't super great), still like him a lot more.

The Unstoppable Force Friendlyimmolation's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    The Dreadfort, or Korriban. You never know.
    Quote Originally Posted by xezar View Post
    So I know I probably missed something skipping around the questing text but...why does Turalyon keep saying he's been fighting for a thousand years anyways? Unless years work different in twisting nether and space, I mean Alleria living that long is even kinda faint since she's just a high elf and their lifespans are shorter than night elves. I mean I can accept blizz hand wave logic for lore, I just don't remember seeing it mentioned.

Otherwise still Turalyon > Tirion, I've never like the bastard who got hyped up from alliance traitor (forget the short novel he still aided what was the enemy) and was just some broken down loser npc mopping over his dead scarlet crusader son in the early days to being propped up as the champion of the light since wotlk. Even if most of Turalyon's lore is book related (and the books aren't super great), still like him a lot more.
    Tirion was saved by Etrigg, and in return he refused to kill the hermit orc when ordered too.

Blood elves live just as long as Night elves do now according to blizzard
    Quote Originally Posted by WoWKnight65 View Post
    That's same excuse from you and so many others on this website and your right some of threads do bully high elf fans to a point where they might end up losing their minds to a point of a mass shooting.
    Holy shit lol

Quote Originally Posted by Airlick View Post
    The difference is that the Army of Light was crafted specifically against the Legion, it had thousands of years of experience, meaning basically full knowledge of Legion's tactics. It is much easier to avoid defeat when you're not going full out and you know you can always retreat to safety if something doesn't go according to plan. Broken Shore was exactly the opposite of what would be a typical Army of Light battle, and that's why it ended with a disaster for every faction involved.
    The Legion's tactics isn't really something special - and it's not like they defeated the Argent Crusade force with some sorts of witty war stratagem either. They just rush at you and clash head-on, power against power, so I'm not sure if it's hard to grasp their tactics in a battle. Additionally, the Army of Light couldn't just "always retreat to safety if something doesn't go according to plan". Going by the short story / audio drama, it's not like they could press a button and be ported back to Xenedar. The Legion learned to counter the hit-and-run method.
    They still had to fought against the demons and secure an opening long enough for the transport device to safely physically drop next to them and open a portal. In their battle on Argus years ago, every demons on Argus were closing in on them, and they still managed to kill enough to get an opening to retreat. That was under Turalyon's leadership.

We could retreat during the battle of Broken Shore as well. That was what the Horde did, and the Alliance followed after.

Bingo. It was mentioned in the audio drama, which kinda makes the damage of the Army of the Light - regardless how... small they might appear in game - to the Legion be even greater. While it's just around a decade in reality time, they pretty much delayed the Legion's invasion by hundred to thousand years (Twisting Nether time), unless the Legion need thousand of years to recover their force from the 2nd invasion somehow.
    Last edited by Qualia; 2017-12-23 at 06:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bythelight View Post
    Objectively speaking
    I read your post. That's a laugh and a half.

Tirion Fordring

-Was a Warrior/Knight turned Paladin, hence his incredible battle skills. Bias much? It's not like Tirion was the greatest warrior in the world to begin with.
    -Fought back for years against the scourge with no military back up, entire armies failed to do as much. As far as I recall, most of those undead were simple mindless undead. I could be wrong, though.
    -Purified Ashbringer with his faith alone. "Alone"? Pretty sure him being in a Light-blessed place helped as well.
    -Was overpowering DK Darion who was wielding the corrupted Ashbringer.
    -Defeated the Lich King one on one at Light's Hope Chapel. One: the LK was in sacred ground. That diminished his powers a good deal. Two, Tirion just did one attack. We could just chalk it up to a lucky strike, too.
    -His light overpowered the Lich King on one of the most unholy ground in all of Azeroth at the very place where the Lich King is at It's strongest. Considering the LK's attention and power was focused elsewhere, not sure it's that great of a feat.
    -Shattered Frostmourne at the same exact place. Ditto above.
    -Paladin's class hall tells us that Tirion defeated Arthas in a duel at the top of ICC.
    -Succeeds where the players fail (Light's Hope Chapel/ICC) and is portrayed as the start of the show and a greater force than the player character. Who is brought to the brink of death after sniffing the breath of a single demon.
    -The LK says that Tirion could've been his greatest Champion, recognizing that he is the strongest fighter attacking the Icrecrown Citadel over the likes of Varian,Garrosh,Thrall,Saurfang or the PCs Could it be because Tirion was his polar opposite? Saurfang is the Chuck Norris of WoW. He's just a warrior, overhyped by the community. Garrosh is just a pleb warrior. Varian is just a warrior. Thrall, other than the Tournament, never set foot in Northrend, I imagine.

Turalyon

-Was a Priest turned Paladin, his battle skills aren't as sharp. He spent a thousand years fighting a never-ending war. It's safe to assume his fighting capabilities improved at least ten-fold in that time.
    -Blinded an entire battlefield with his light and captured a weakened Orgrim Doomhammer. He fought a legion for over ten thousand years.
    -Defeated the DK Teron Gorefiend. And who knows how many other powerful demons during that thousand-year war.
    -A serious attack from him was easily stopped by weakened Illidan. Tirion was going to be WTF-powned by Arthas if Darion didn't throw him the Ashbringer.
    -Portrayed as weaker than the Champion of Azeroth who quest alongside him and needs help from Alleria at severals points. What we see in the game mechanics does not necessarily reality of the lore.
    -His army of the light gets trashed by the Garothi Worldbreaker and he doesn't do anything in Antorus because he is badly outclassed by Azeroth's Champions. This is funny considering that, just below, you say that lore-wise in the LK Tirion duels Arthas instead of chilling while the players fight the LK.
    2) Turalyon has 1000 years of experience so he should be stronger than Tirion right? I mean plenty of demons,eredars and elves have had 10 times that amount of experience and are still weak lore wise and defeated by humans or young lore figures so that's actually meaningless.
    Experience does not equal power. It is just that: experience. Also, a considerable portion of Tiron's power came from the Ashbringer.

3) Tirion was frozen by the LK and got carried by the players right? The lore tells us another story, while the gameplay make it sems like Tirion barely does anything the Pally class hall book does state that Tirion duels and defeat Arthas so yea perhaps if Blizzad had better tech back then it'd have looked more impressive, furthemore Tirion already defeated the LK on holy ground which proves he's no joke at all.
    And lore-wise it was the Army of Light who laid siege in Antorus, not the player heroes.

Remember that feats matters much more than "X is XXXX years old" or "X is lightforged" and Turalyon just has really bad feats overall.
    If only you counted all the more meaningful feats instead of cherry-picking ones to feed your clear Tirion bias.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Bythelight View Post
    Difference being that Turalyon did absolutely nothing of note that you can mention while Tirion smacked Darion's ass, smacked Arthas' ass, led the Argent Crusade to victory in northrend and killed the Lich King at the top of Icecrown.

Turalyon led a guerilla of rebels who accomplished basically nothing, you say they held back the Legion but the Legion still invaded Azeroth more than once.

Garothi Worldbreaker > Turalyon and his army ffs.
    Turalyon beats back the horde from azeroth then chase after the horde into there land of Dreanor. The horde gets so desperate they manage to blow up there own world. Turalyon then lands on a demon infested world agaist the greatest threat we have ever known wins the loyalty and right of leadership of the surviving broken and draenei people and forge them in to warriors that can stand agaist legion for 1000 of years and he even makes a fucking dreadlord turn to the light. Hes companion saves the asses of the player paladin and hes army aswell as the priests army including velen. While the paladin player is geting pwned the dks attacks lightshope and lose there power becouse the power of the light is to strong there and the dk player and hes horsemen would have died there if not for mograine.

Tirion backed by hes own personal army and the godamn ashbringer with support of horde and alliance troops manages to get hes ass handed to him by a bunch of legion troops and 1 single dreadlord. He managed to last not even a day agaist the legion compared to turalyons 1000 years.

Now this is what tirion really did.

he poked a weakened mograine when he was in a state that even a peon could make him fall to the ground and then proceds to get pwned by arthas until mograine helps him get the upper hand. He later have hes 1 moment of glory when he uses all of the ashbringers power to break free from hes prison at icecrown to overpower a wounded arthas and battleres the players. Ofc he then decided to be an asshole and makes a gold statue of himself claiming he solo battled and killed the lk on hes own.

Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i mean, the army of the light accomplished nothing in the thousand years they fought(thousands upon thousands more for the rest of the army). the legion still invaded worlds with impunity, including azeroth. it was azerothian forces that fought them back each time they invaded.

- - - Updated - - -

it was azerothian forces that fought them all the way to their world AND in the middle of that invasion, actually stopped invasions of other worlds too.

the army of the light was fucking dogshit.
    They accomplished "nothing" because they weren't powerful enough to definitely defeat the Burning Legion; they'd keep regenerating. They couldn't defeat three titans on their own. They've defeated the greatest threat to Azeroth once the forces of said planet assisted them.

Tirion accomplished nothing on his own either as the playable characters did all the work for him too. He literally made one prayer and that is it, not to mention he defeated a mere creation of Kil Jaeden.

Swap their roles. Do you think that Tirion would've defeated the Burning Legion if he was in Turalyon's position, fighting a demonic armada across the cosmos that regenerates at an accelerated speed? On the other hand, I'm confident the light would answer Turalyon's prayer just as much, if not even more than Tirion's. That being said, Turalyon's journey and goal literally had cosmic/titanic proportions, whereas Tirion's was a threat of a much smaller scale in comparison to the might of the Burning Legion.
    Last edited by Magnagarde; 2017-12-23 at 05:46 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by nemerus View Post
    Turalyon beats back the horde from azeroth then chase after the horde into there land of Dreanor. The horde gets so desperate they manage to blow up there own world. Turalyon then lands on a demon infested world agaist the greatest threat we have ever known wins the loyalty and right of leadership of the surviving broken and draenei people and forge them in to warriors that can stand agaist legion for 1000 of years and he even makes a fucking dreadlord turn to the light. Hes companion saves the asses of the player paladin and hes army aswell as the priests army including velen. While the paladin player is geting pwned the dks attacks lightshope and lose there power becouse the power of the light is to strong there and the dk player and hes horsemen would have died there if not for mograine.

Tirion backed by hes own personal army and the godamn ashbringer with support of horde and alliance troops manages to get hes ass handed to him by a bunch of legion troops and 1 single dreadlord. He managed to last not even a day agaist the legion compared to turalyons 1000 years.

Now this is what tirion really did.

he poked a weakened mograine when he was in a state that even a peon could make him fall to the ground and then proceds to get pwned by arthas until mograine helps him get the upper hand. He later have hes 1 moment of glory when he uses all of the ashbringers power to break free from hes prison at icecrown to overpower a wounded arthas and battleres the players. Ofc he then decided to be an asshole and makes a gold statue of himself claiming he solo battled and killed the lk on hes own.
    lothraxion was a member of the army of light for long before turalyon was, and they were lightforged and fighting the legion IN THE EXACT SAME WAY GETTING NO WHERE for thousands of years prior.

turalyon changed nothing with the army. they achieved nothing before him, and achieved nothing after him. they have potentially hundreds of thousands of years(due to the nether shit and it being 25k real world years since the draenei fled argus) of accomplishing jack shit against the legion and turalyon did exactly as much as they did.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    You know, for all the "hype" that was surrounding their return, im not sure who is more disappointing, alleria or turalyon. Turalyon lacks any personality or relevance and is just hanging around. Alleria on the other hand was reduced to nothing but tie in for next expansion and once again, is pretty much irrelevant.
    It's almost like Blizzard was like. "People want them! We don't even have to write them well!!! People will just lose their shit and be excited to see them." And left it at that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    High elf fans are basically flat-earth society of warcraft lore.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady Alleria Windrunner View Post
    I AM the victim.

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    Quote Originally Posted by Melsiren View Post
    It's almost like Blizzard was like. "People want them! We don't even have to write them well!!! People will just lose their shit and be excited to see them." And left it at that.
    That's...pretty much what happened, im sure of it. They just wanted to see NPC with this name and thats it. You could say, that its guest apperance. At least as far as legion goes.

Quote Originally Posted by Magnagarde View Post
    They accomplished "nothing" because they weren't powerful enough to definitely defeat the Burning Legion; they'd keep regenerating. They couldn't defeat three titans on their own. They've defeated the greatest threat to Azeroth once the forces of said planet assisted them.

Tirion accomplished nothing on his own either as the playable characters did all the work for him too. He literally made one prayer and that is it, not to mention he defeated a mere creation of Kil Jaeden.

Swap their roles. Do you think that Tirion would've defeated the Burning Legion if he was in Turalyon's position, fighting a demonic armada across the cosmos that regenerates at an accelerated speed? On the other hand, I'm confident the light would answer Turalyon's prayer just as much, if not even more than Tirion's. That being said, Turalyon's journey and goal literally had cosmic/titanic proportions, whereas Tirion's was a threat of a much smaller scale in comparison to the might of the Burning Legion.
    i'm not saying tirion would have been better than turalyon if the positions were switched. what i am saying is that turalyon has no accomplishments with the army. zero. it's been a thousand years of literally just farming trash mobs until the bigdick raiders came and carried them to the boss kill.

turalyon changed nothing with the army. they achieved nothing before him, and achieved nothing after him. they have potentially hundreds of thousands of years(due to the nether shit and it being 25k real world years since the draenei fled argus) of accomplishing jack shit against the legion and turalyon did exactly as much as they did.
    That's definitely downplay on Turalyon and the Army of the Light's efforts. How did you know that the Army of the Light achieved nothing with Turalyon? For all we know, they definitely:
    - Did many assaults on the Legion, killed (permanently) every demons they killed that weren't on Argus.
    - Freed many captives during those assaults.
    - Delayed the Legion's invasion on Azeroth by roughly a decade in real time, and many times more in their (the Legion / Army of the Light) time. Keep in mind that the Legion are based in the Nether like the Army of the Light, so a thousand years for Turalyon should have been a thousand years for the Legion as well.

Doesn't seem like nothing to me, seeing Tirion couldn't afford to delay the Legion's invasion on Broken Shore by a month (or a few days) to wait for us to come. I mean, Turalyon was such a thorn that Kil'Jaeden sent assassin(s) after him, while Kil'Jaeden didn't even seem to care about Tirion to mention his name, as far as we know.
    Last edited by Qualia; 2017-12-23 at 05:52 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ielenia View Post
    I read your post. That's a laugh and a half.

Experience does not equal power. It is just that: experience. Also, a considerable portion of Tiron's power came from the Ashbringer.

And lore-wise it was the Army of Light who laid siege in Antorus, not the player heroes.

If only you counted all the more meaningful feats instead of cherry-picking ones to feed your clear Tirion bias.
    The army of the light who was shown getting crushed by the Garothi Worldbreaker and who wasn't even present when we got to the Burning Throne itself? Good joke.
    Lore-wise the Army of the light didn't do anything in Antorus, your headcanon may believe so but Turalyon isn't present in the seat of the Pantheon, Illidan,Magni,Velen and the champions of Azeroth are there, nobody else. Tirion however is present and is shown slaying the LK in ICC, not even comparable at all.

I'm cherry picking feats? Yet you can't come up with the so impressive imaginay Turalyon feats you're bragging he has lol, all he did was beat a mere DK, that's his very best combat feat because yes beating exhausted,blinded Orgrim isn't anything to brag about really.

Oh and experience is indeed just experience which is why Tirion > Turalyon despite having less experience.

We weren't really speaking of characters quality in this case It's an even bigger mismatch.

Turalyon is the most cliché and generic character you could craft and has no development whatsover, he was brought back to show us his shining armor and good looks. Tirion is one of the game's best developed character (WOW not Warcraft) and plays an active role in the most popular expansion of the story.

I don't know, with that said, Tirion doesn't seem too hot... I can't remember, did Kil'Jaeden even care about Tirion enough to mention him?
    Turalyon led an army crafted for him, he made no effort and had to do nothing to built it, he got it handed on a silver plate.
    Tirion built the Argent Crusade after the Argent Hand was done and the Argent Dawn was crushed by the Scourge, he did it and brought back the light to Lordaeron + killed the LK.
    Is it really comparable?
    Oh and how woul KJ know about Tirion more than Turalyon when one was fighting the Legion for 1000 years and the other wasn't uh?

As for Tirion dying, he was at the Broken Shore, that'd be the equivalent on going to Argus on your own, the Argent Crusade was ambushed and crushed at the heart of the Legion's forces thats it, Turalyon's Xenedar lasted immediatly 5 seconds after getting to Argus.

i'm not saying tirion would have been better than turalyon if the positions were switched. what i am saying is that turalyon has no accomplishments with the army. zero. it's been a thousand years of literally just farming trash mobs until the bigdick raiders came and carried them to the boss kill.
    Of course he didn't accomplish a definitive victory because he would've had to defeat Aggramar, Argus and Sargeras. Tirion accomplished what he did because he faced the creation of Kil'jaeden(Sargeras' mere lieutenant) merged with a human. Tell the differences.

The AotL revolved around saving whoever they can from an unstoppable enemy and bolstering their ranks. I'd say that doing random skirmishes against the Burning Legion and eluding their grasp for a thousand years is a feat worth praise.

You also need to think outside the box and have an imaginative interpretation; waging countless battles against innumerable enemies and permanently killing off what is most likely tens of thousands of demons has bought valuable reprieve for forces elsewhere.

That's definitely downplay on Turalyon and the Army of the Light's efforts. How did you know that the Army of the Light achieved nothing with Turalyon? For all we know, they definitely:
    - Did many assaults on the Legion, killed (permanently) every demons they killed that weren't on Argus.
    - Delayed the Legion's invasion on Azeroth by roughly a decade in real time, and many times more in their (the Legion / Army of the Light) time. Keep in mind that the Legion are based in the Nether like the Army of the Light, so a thousand years for Turalyon should have been a thousand years for the Legion as well.

Doesn't seem like nothing to me, seeing Tirion couldn't afford to delay the Legion's invasion on Broken Shore by a month (or a few days) to wait for us to come. I mean, Turalyon was such a thorn that Kil'Jaeden sent assassin(s) after him, while Kil'Jaeden didn't even seem to care about Tirion to mention his name, as far as we know.
    Indeed.
    Last edited by Magnagarde; 2017-12-23 at 05:53 PM.

Doesn't seem like nothing to me, seeing Tirion couldn't afford to delay the Legion's invasion on Broken Shore by a month (or a few days) to wait for us to come.
    they didn't delay anything though, that's the point. it was azeroth that delayed the legion's invasions by driving them back each time.

countless other worlds still fell, they still invaded outland and azeroth with only us to drive them back.

does it really count as them doing anything at all if it achieved nothing?