Page 2 of 30 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Dangg View Post
    Being "nice" isn't a special trait

Everybody can be nice

If you describe yourself as a "nice guy" it's likely you have nothing going for you

Women like to date nice man if they happen to have other desireable qualities.
    Money!!!!!!!!!! Or really good looks.

10+ Year Old Account
    Tip don't even SAY the words nice guy togetjer..i descibrd myself that way once just to describe how otjers tended to descibe me irl(not "nice guy" but unironic) it caused enough of a stir i can no longer say the words and frankly you are better off avoiding the term entirely for the kind of absolutely batshit insane backlash you will get

They love nice guys but you gotta be sexual.

Tbh most women are too retarded to go beyond their fragile little egos.

You have to combine sexuality with niceness, but only pros can do that. Sex drive is aggression after all. There are all sorts of love.

But again, most people are too retarded, get defensive quickly and do not wanna commit to anything besides using the other person.

Theres actually a name for this called ,,ego synthesis" and its a hallmark in human psycho-development. Aka you combine all aspects of personality into one person, and do not segregate people into good/bad only.
    Last edited by meheez; 2017-12-24 at 10:36 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Zervek View Post
    Well I don't think they should be obligated but they should at least give me a chance. I personally have never been in a relationship nor have I had any real sexual experience
    Why should they give you a chance? Have you given a chance to everyone you didn't deem attractive or interesting?
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    True, I was just bored and tired but you are correct.

Last edited by Thwart; Today at 05:21 PM. Reason: Infracted for flaming
    Quote Originally Posted by epigramx View Post
    millennials were the kids of the 9/11 survivors.

Quote Originally Posted by Celista View Post
    I haven't used Tinder but it seems really shallow, from my understanding you're swiping left or right based on a photo...if you're average looking or below, try meeting people in new settings so they can get a sense of your personality.

Try Meetup, I've heard good things.
    Tinder is good because people you haven't matched with can't message you so you only get messages from people you are interested in. You can also have text for 500 letters there.

Quote Originally Posted by meheez View Post

As if men are any different.

What other special things do I need to have for someone to deem me attractive? I have a good body because I workout so often. Is that not something?
    If they're not attracted to you then they're not attracted to you. Just because someone doesn't find you attractive doesn't mean that no one will. Everyone has different tastes.

Be yourself, don't obsess over things. It'll come off as desperate and probably creepy.

Well I don't think they should be obligated but they should at least give me a chance. I personally have never been in a relationship nor have I had any real sexual experience
    I guess Nice Guy™ was correct. xD You're not owed a chance, if people don't want to date you then they don't want to date you.

I had a guy try to pull that on me and I gtfo'd out...yeah no one should be a doormat, male or female, but most women like being treated well. The thing with both men and women is that attraction occurs when there's space in interactions for feelings to grow, so instead of acting like a dick try seeming less available (whether due to hobbies or work or other women if not yet committed, up to you).
    I'm not saying act like a dick or playing games but having an edge to your humor or flirting goes a long way. Showering a female with compliments 24/7 And never challenging her is going to end up bad for the guy.

Quote Originally Posted by Katie N View Post
    Tinder is good because people you haven't matched with can't message you so you only get messages from people you are interested in. You can also have text for 500 letters there.
    500 letters is not a lot to get to know someone. Imo the app seems very superficial, I understand that people care about looks but if you're looking for a relationship and not just a hookup then looks are only a small part of finding a partner.

Quote Originally Posted by Linadra View Post
    Why should they give you a chance? Have you given a chance to everyone you didn't deem attractive or interesting?
    This is the issue entirely. I don't believe I've ever seen or known a good looking guy who wasn't socially awkward who had a problem getting a date. I've known many who were not particularly good looking always bitching they couldn't get some girl who was far better looking than him.

It's funny because there is always this sense of indignation about it too. Well, of that's how you feel... how nice are you really?

Most females see right through it and smell the weakness or the ploy.

Quote Originally Posted by Moadar View Post
    I'm not saying act like a dick or playing games but having an edge to your humor or flirting goes a long way. Showering a female with compliments 24/7 And never challenging her is going to end up bad for the guy.
    Well yeah, being a doormat is no bueno.

Quote Originally Posted by Moadar View Post
    There's a great difference between being confident, having one's own values and ideas, and then just being arrogant ass.

The latter has very little appeal.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    True, I was just bored and tired but you are correct.

Last edited by Thwart; Today at 05:21 PM. Reason: Infracted for flaming
    Quote Originally Posted by epigramx View Post
    millennials were the kids of the 9/11 survivors.

Deleted
    Been doing the online dating thing, asked potential interests if they just wanted to take a walk somewhere and talk.
    To find out what how i feel about her in person, not to try to make them like you for the sake of it.
    Did end up meeting someone i really like aswell and she seems to be on the same level.

Be nice but dont forget there has to be a real person underneath that too.
    And dont get too hung up on "what women want". They're all individuals too. Find someone YOU like, be yourself, be open and be honest. And if she doesnt feel the same way move on.

As a gamedeveloper I dont meet many ladies, and being quite shy and not a huge fan of going out doesnt help. So online dating stuff was a big help there.

There's a great difference between being confident, having one's own values and ideas, and then just being arrogant ass.

The latter has very little appeal.
    Yet they both get laid equally as much. The difference is standards and hunting grounds.

Deleted
    yes they do. Friendzone is just a myth.

500 letters is not a lot to get to know someone. Imo the app seems very superficial, I understand that people care about looks but if you're looking for a relationship and not just a hookup then looks are only a small part of finding a partner.
    That's why you talk to them and then unmatch if you don't like what they say. If you like them then you can meet for a date.

Nope. They really don't. A nice guy is pretty much a pussy, there to be friend-zoned. The alpha male, the ideal male, is a hybrid between a self confident asshole and a nice guy, without going to either extreme. Looks really aren't that important, a woman will sleep with a pretty boy, but will marry the alpha male.

Obviously this isn't a rule set in stone, and women will like the extremes as well, but this applies to most women.
    Last edited by Bronan; 2017-12-24 at 10:41 AM.

That's why you talk to them and then unmatch if you don't like what they say. If you like them then you can meet for a date.
    Why not just use OK Cupid or a dating website that has all that info for you before you start chatting with them?

Quote Originally Posted by meheez View Post

You have to combine sexuality with niceness, but only pros can do that. Sex drive is aggression after all. There are all sorts of love.

But again, most people are too retarded, get defensive quickly and do not wanna commit to anything besides using the other person.

Theres actually a name for this called ,,ego synthesis" and its a hallmark in human psycho-development. Aka you combine all aspects of personality into one person, and do not segregate people into good/bad only.
    So you are basically saying I need to be a good guy that treats women with respect, yet also be a bit dominant and in control?

Well, I have the qualities I did mention but I have ambition and passions too so it's not like I'm some lazy guy who sits around doing nothing. I never had the option to give anyone a chance I didn't deem attractive because I've never been approached

Quote Originally Posted by Wyrt View Post
    If they're not attracted to you then they're not attracted to you. Just because someone doesn't find you attractive doesn't mean that no one will. Everyone has different tastes.

Be yourself, don't obsess over things. It'll come off as desperate and probably creepy.
    But I am getting desperate. I'm almost in my 30s. By now I should be thinking about having a family. I see all of my facebook my highschool friends are getting married and having kids. While I'm not.

I guess Nice Guy™ was correct. xD You're not owed a chance, if people don't want to date you then they don't want to date you.
    I know, I know. But I wish they'd tell me their reasons why I am so repulsive to them