Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    he is still a little nebula. realistically he could weight like some kilograms, maybe thousands of kilograms considering the density of gases. nothing to be worried.

Quote Originally Posted by Friendlyimmolation View Post
    if you try to think about it realistically, Sarg would have probably killed most of all life on Azeroth, so don't think about it.
    Basically. The mere presence of a planet-sized humanoid so close to a world (ignoring how impossible that is in the first place) would cause all kinds of catastrophic events, tidal waves, earthquakes, really bad stuff. Chalk it up to WoW physics not following real-world physics at all.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm sure if it was technically possible, Blizzard would of made it effect as far as Tanaris.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

have you tried stabbing sand? do it and tell me how much "destruction" you cause

10+ Year Old Account
    Azeroth got stabbed by Sargeras. Quick internal damage that doesn't appear to be much on the surface. Deathwing was like a chestburster alien popping out of Azeroth's infected body. Way messier.

Deleted
    Sargeras was a stab would with lots of damage to a single region. Deathwing was a hammer blow across all of Azeroth.

Quote Originally Posted by Alfryd View Post
    ???

Bullets aren't exactly weapons of mass destruction and knives tend to have a larger area of surface which is damaged during an attack. Surely a bomb would be a more apt comparison.
    Not really, actually.

Bullets are extremely soft and tend to fragment in soft tissue, especially if they hit a bone. They do make a tiny hole, but their internal damage is often much greater. Knives, on the other hand, are much more solid and move at a much slower speed. If you don't hit anything vital, like the heart, leaving a knife in the stab wound it makes is actually your safest option because it plugs its own hole.
    Cheerful lack of self-preservation

Another case of The Last Jedi syndrome /sigh. First step: Tell your imagination to settle on down with what you "think" Deathwing was capable of doing. Step two: Listen carefully...Deathwing didn't erupt from the maelstrome and instantly cause damage. His eruption only caused a few things(tital waves, flooding of thousand needles/wetlands/etc). All of the damage deathwing caused was from him flying across the world and literally attempting to destroy every single thing he saw. Edit: Also, DW and his erupting cataclysm were no "casting of a spell", that's just fanfic nonsense people come up with. I'm basing everything I tell you out of in game and established lore

As for Sargeras: He never physically put his body/hand against the world, he was still mostly chilling in his cloud. Now then, have you ever been stabbed before? Well I have, and it was in my hand, which did not split in half and fall off. It hurt, I bled, so the way I see it Blizz is being pretty accurate here. A straight down stab, regardless of what you are stabbing, does far less structural damage than you would think. They are nice/clean. An overhead or broad swing of any type, well that would be different.

Sargeras was specifically targeting the Heart of Azeroth, to injure the World Soul. Probably how we're going to get a fragment of it for the artifact in BFA, we'll likely have to re-empower the Heart and then throw it back into the planet to save it.

Deleted
    And why is this a spoiler 1 month post antorus release ?

Because Deathwing had the help of the elementals to break things up.
    And there are squishy old gods in Silithus that helped absorb the energy of the impact.

Quote Originally Posted by Veredyn View Post
    Not really, actually.

Bullets are extremely soft and tend to fragment in soft tissue, especially if they hit a bone. They do make a tiny hole, but their internal damage is often much greater. Knives, on the other hand, are much more solid and move at a much slower speed. If you don't hit anything vital, like the heart, leaving a knife in the stab wound it makes is actually your safest option because it plugs its own hole.
    I come from London. Twisting the knife happens in almost every stabbing here.

Sargeras doing what he did should have ripped the entire planet apart. A planet is almost entirely MOLTEN inside with a thin hard crust. Sargeras pressing his hand on the surface would have cracked Azeroth like an eggshell with Magma spewing out and covering the planet.

It didn't happen because "magic".
    TO FIX WOW:1. smaller server sizes & server-only LFG awarding satchels, so elite players help others. 2. "helper builds" with loom powers - talent trees so elite players cast buffs on low level players XP gain, HP/mana, regen, damage, etc. 3. "helper ilvl" scoring how much you help others. 4. observer games like in SC to watch/chat (like twitch but with MORE DETAILS & inside the wow UI) 5. guild leagues to compete with rival guilds for progression (with observer mode).6. jackpot world mobs.

Guys, Sargeras wasnt in a cloud anymore consodering the Pantheon made him corporeal.

Quote Originally Posted by Velshin View Post
    I agree with you but still Blizzard now compare to 2010 is much better and should handle it much better than before.
    >blizzard

>much better than 2010

pick one

SPOILERS AHEAD BE WARNED:

I still don't get it about the ending cinematic after defeating Argus the unmaker. I mean the awakening of Deathwing caused the massive Cataclysm in Azeroth and that was caused by him just coming to the surface so it wasn't a direct assault by Deathwing.

So why and how? that Sargeras massive sword stabbing Silithis (which is a direct attack from Sargeras himself a dark titan who is waaaaaaaaaaaaaaay stronger than Deathwing) didn't cause a stronger version of destruction or at least similar to the Cataclysm? really?

The attack should at least split Kalimdor in half...yeah discuss please and thanks for reading.
    Because physics cant interfer with RULE OF COOL!!!!!!!11111

Also, footage of Sargeras being occupied right before lazor hitted him

as long as the elemental planes arent touched then it doesnt matter what sargeras does unless he cleaves the planet in half

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    Deathwing coming from the planet didnt cause the carnage.
    him destroying the pillar of earth did.
    did you even play deepholm?
    Yes I did? but yeah let me see...hmmmm I only did it once in my main and guess what? that was 7 years ago so yeah....a human can't remember every details eh?

7+ Year Old Account
    Yes I did? but yeah let me see...hmmmm I only did it once in my main and guess what? that was 7 years ago so yeah....a human can't remember every details eh?
    So insteading of stating, why dont you ask?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kokolums View Post
    Sargeras doing what he did should have ripped the entire planet apart. A planet is almost entirely MOLTEN inside with a thin hard crust. Sargeras pressing his hand on the surface would have cracked Azeroth like an eggshell with Magma spewing out and covering the planet.

It didn't happen because "magic".
    Except this is not our universe. In their universe planets may not have a molten middle.
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    So insteading of stating, why dont you ask?
    Okay? in case you didn't notice my first post here is in fact a question about how and why? .