Poll: Pick you Zandalari Troll class-set prediction

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Zandalari wont be able to be mage

Quote Originally Posted by Anduin Menethil View Post
    And what classes does that translate to? Scholars, mystics, warriors. Sounds a lot like mages, priests, shamans and warriors. So what differences in classes would there be justified really? None.
    No other troll tribe is known specifically for their veneration of knowledge or discipline.

In constrast to the other troll tribes who want the downfall of both Azeroth and troll culture.
    The Zandalari see it as their sacred duty, there is distinction there.

You mean just like the Darkspear? lol
    Do you even read what you write? Is this meant to be satire?
    The Darkspear only gave up cannibalism when they joined the Horde and are still an exception to the rule.

Their land is in ruins lol
    Except it's not, at Blizzcon they SAID the Zandalari are a "Thriving Empire" and showed us footage of flawless troll cities.

I don't see how that matters at all.
    All other troll tribes are notoriously hostile to non-trolls as opposed to diplomatic.

Nope, not at all. Just the same race with nearly identical culture. They are basically Darkspear with more dinosaurs. There isn't one class you could justify for them to have that Darkspear don't have, or vice versa. Trolls already have almost all classes.
    Except for the hot-button issue, Paladin for which there is canon precedent as the very first group of Trolls to oppose Hakkar was in fact an order of troll paladins known as Freethinkers. Then there is the precedent of a group of shield bearing, light wielding, Zandalari warriors at the Throne of Thunder known as prelates. Make of that evidence what you will, I doubt you will give it much value, as is your right.

Then there is also the specific history of the Zandalari with the Pandaren that might actually be grounds for them NOT to be Monks.

But don't take my word for it, take Blizzard's explicit words for it at Blizzcon, in the Vol'jin novel, in classic Zul'Gurub quest text, in Zul'Drak quest text, in an entire patch of Cataclysm devoted to the subject of Zul's rebellion, in the lore books dropped by Zandalari mobs on the Isle of Thunder.... I can go on for a while.

But I suspect I won't convince you regardless and you're entitled to your own opinion, I just ask you do not mock those with differing opinions from your own.
    "These are Allied Races, these aren't Sub-Races. There's no direct associated Race or "Parent Race" or anything like that" -Ion Hazzikostas, Blizzcon 2017 Q&A

Quote Originally Posted by MrDragon View Post
    The Zandalari condemn the wider troll population's practice of cannibalism
    That is not entirely true. While most may, there are still Zandalari warriors, warmongers and general blood-thirsters that still do it. An example is Khal'ak from Vol'jin: Shadows of the Horde, she's one of Zul's lieutenants that he sent to Pandaria and she eats the flesh of other troll subspecies because she considers them lesser than the Zandalari. She has the mindset of "If I eat someone's flesh, I take their power and grow stronger" which might just be true in the case of trolls, all things considered.

But yeah, there are still Zandalari who do. Probably a minority among the most savage of Zandalari warriors.

Quote Originally Posted by War-God Zajru View Post
    That is not entirely true. While most may, there are still Zandalari warriors, warmongers and general blood-thirsters that still do it. An example is Khal'ak from Vol'jin: Shadows of the Horde, she's one of Zul's lieutenants that he sent to Pandaria and she eats the flesh of other troll subspecies because she considers them lesser than the Zandalari. She has the mindset of "If I eat someone's flesh, I take their power and grow stronger" which might just be true in the case of trolls, all things considered.

But yeah, there are still Zandalari who do. Probably a minority among the most savage of Zandalari warriors.
    Except Blizzard's Troll compendium states specifically that they do not so it is likely specifically Zul's followers that no longer abide by those laws.
    "These are Allied Races, these aren't Sub-Races. There's no direct associated Race or "Parent Race" or anything like that" -Ion Hazzikostas, Blizzcon 2017 Q&A

Quote Originally Posted by Makorus View Post
    Zandalari wont be able to be mage
    Nice troll xddd
    (see wat i did thar?? xd)

Tfw Zandalari mages made elven mages shit their pants on the Isle of Thunder because of their amazing, incredible mastery over the Arcane. c;
    Last edited by goof; 2017-12-26 at 12:07 PM.

5+ Year Old Account
    I think they will have the same class choice like the trolls we already have.

Except Blizzard's Troll compendium states specifically that they do not so it is likely specifically Zul's followers that no longer abide by those laws.
    And the compendium is 13 years old. SotH is 4 years old. The latter is thus a more reliable source due to it being a lot more recent (not saying the compendium is non-canon because of that, fyi). I wonder when was the last time a lorewriter actually looked at the compendium for lore though, lmao.

Anyway, what I said was that what you said does not abide to all of them, clearly. I didn't state you were wrong. But yes, Zul's followers seem to be the more racist, "we're the best" bunch and I wouldn't be surprised if most/all cannibalistic Zandalari were in Zul's faction.

Same as darkspear trolls except no rogue/monk, add paladin

7+ Year Old Account
    The thing with the Zandalari is that... they could be most of the vanilla classes according to other sources.

Warlock: Demoniac
    Druid: Dinomancer/Haruspex
    Hunter: Predator
    Paladin: Freethinker/Prelate
    Mage: Illusionist/Archon
    Priest: Confessor/Hierpohant
    Shaman: Augur
    Warrior: Vindicator/Juggernaut
    Rogue: Madcap

But... If i had to choose, I'd leave the Rogues and Warlocks out in favor of paladins
    This world don't give us nothing. It be our lot to suffer... and our duty to fight back.

Quote Originally Posted by Maljinwo View Post
    The thing with the Zandalari is that... they could be most of the vanilla classes according to other sources.

Warlock: Demoniac
    Druid: Dinomancer/Haruspex
    Hunter: Predator
    Paladin: Freethinker/Prelate
    Mage: Illusionist/Archon
    Priest: Confessor/Hierpohant
    Shaman: Augur
    Warrior: Vindicator/Juggernaut
    Rogue: Madcap

But... If i had to choose, I'd leave the Rogues and Warlocks out in favor of paladins
    Especially because Demoniacs have more in common with Demonhunters than Warlocks these days.

7+ Year Old Account
    Especially because Demoniacs have more in common with Demonhunters than Warlocks these days.
    Yep but I don't think Blizzard even remembers their Zandalari Classes anyway
    This world don't give us nothing. It be our lot to suffer... and our duty to fight back.

I've never liked the "class" name of "madcap" it sounds f**king dumb, especially for a Zandalari. It would fit a pygmy, not a Zandalari. smh

Zandalari Warlocks are 100% given as any other cloth class. Why warlocks are 100%? Warlock theme is not strictly limited by fel/demons, it is about exploring dark, forbidden and shunned sides of magic arts. Zandalari are learned and curious people quite adept at magic arts so nothing during 16 000 years should have prevented them from daring into those fields. Example - Gurubashi trolls & darkspears as part of them. How did they manage to delve into dark magic with 0 ties to whole fel/legion stuff in their history?

You would also be surprised but in Shadows of th Horde Chen explained Vol'jin that even though Zandalari attacked newly formed pandaren empire after mogu downfall there were those of Zandalari who decided to side with pandaren.
    "Taran Zhu theorized that humans and possibly even some Zandalari may have sided with the Pandaren in the pandaren rebellion 12,000 years ago. When Vol'jin pointed out the attitude of the Zandalari and the uncivilised humans at that time, Taran Zhu explained that there are some exceptions in every race.[6]"

Source: https://wow.gamepedia.com/Zandalari_...ari_Troll_Wars

Also:

Internal debate raged within the walls of Zuldazar about whether to take the territory by force or by diplomacy, but in the end it was Mengazi, descendant of Zulathra, who convinced the others that the Zandalari had to claim the land by force, since the former slaves of the mogu were unlikely to honor the agreement between the mogu and the trolls.

https://wow.gamepedia.com/Zandalari_Troll_Wars

So those who disagreed and who sought a peaceful solution would have become Zandalari monks and could be passing what they have learned from their pandaren allies through generations to the few chosen or through lineage with no problems. Could be a small but nice part of overall Zandalari story in BfA.

Actually, not less or more likely than a Paladin guided by the light of the Loa. And rogues, too. Remember Zandalari war scout? I actually considered them to be a very cool flavor addition to those awesome trolls: how you can lead a war campaign without proper recon? And all trolls are children of the wilds, and hunter/warrior/rogue is something absolutely inherent to them all, especially the prime subrace.

- - - Updated - - -

she's one of Zul's lieutenants that he sent to Pandaria and she eats the flesh of other troll subspecies because she considers them lesser than the Zandalari. She has the mindset of "If I eat someone's flesh, I take their power and grow stronger" which might just be true in the case of trolls, all things considered.
    You see, that might be another way to highlight the downward and deranged path Zul and his followers took. In contrast with civilized, cultured Rastakhan loyalist stock who we will get into Horde.
    Last edited by Atalai; 2017-12-26 at 11:44 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Zandalari Paladins is just about the only thing that could win me round to buying BFA...
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.
    https://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/30-blog-30

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lumineus View Post
    And yet...
    http://www.wowhead.com/npc=69171/zan...jaguar-warrior

Remember that Zandalari, by and large, follow the Loa -- and a lot of Loa are cat gods.
    Except that not all Tribes hold all the same Loa in reverence. Of the known Loa that the Zandalari worship, none are of the cat variety.

The Zandalari condemn the wider troll population's practice of cannibalism.
    Where did you get this? The Vol'jin novel references that Zandalari practice Cannibalism.
    Last edited by Kufell; 2017-12-27 at 01:35 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kufell View Post
    Except that not all Tribes hold all the same Loa in reverence. Of the known Loa that the Zandalari worship, none are of the cat variety.
    Loa are universal, just because some loa may be the primary of one tribe or empire, doesn't mean that X amount of members of that tribe or empire may worship another loa not among the primary ones.

A Zandalari is perfectly fine off worshiping Shirvallah or Bethekk if that is that they prefer.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Obelisk Kai View Post
    I am going to guess...

Warrior, Paladin, Hunter, Shaman, Druid, Rogue, Mage, Priest and Warlock.

For the Dark Irons I guess

Warrior, Paladin, Hunter, Shaman, Rogue, Mage, Priest and Warlock.

And the difference is made up by giving Night Elf Paladins to the Alliance.
    would there be a difference ?

BE,Tauren,zanda - hord
    human,dwarf,dreini,lightforged - alliance

seems like hord need anouther +1

Quote Originally Posted by Zorish View Post
    after reading whole info about this tribe... ONE CLASS WICH NOT SUIT THEM IS WARLOCK! Cause by description of https://wow.gamepedia.com/Demoniac that they were DH O_o or old style (pandaria-warlords) demonology warlocks. Like really.
    https://wow.gamepedia.com/Zandalari_troll
    Warriors? - yep (nc)
    Hunter? - taming dino
    Rogues? - madcap
    Paladins? - freethinkers and Prelates
    Priests? - yep (nc)
    Mages? - they saved their isle on the first shattering O_o so nc
    Monks? - they helped mogu and fought pandaren, probably learned
    shaman? - loa
    druids? - loa
    Death knights? - 2 zandalari bases in Zim'Torga and Dubra'Jin.
    warlock - dh - https://wow.gamepedia.com/Demoniac
    That is kind of funny. I'd love to see that brought up at next Blizzcon and watch the lore people stutter and slur trying to talk their way out of it and then people will claim those stutters were canon. By that entry, Zandalar has demon hunters in its employ.

I could see both Zandalari and Void Elves getting DH.

10+ Year Old Account
    Loa are universal, just because some loa may be the primary of one tribe or empire, doesn't mean that X amount of members of that tribe or empire may worship another loa not among the primary ones.

A Zandalari is perfectly fine off worshiping Shirvallah or Bethekk if that is that they prefer.
    Of course, there can always be exceptions to the general population, but I was more referring generally. Like generally, Darkspear don't worship Bird Loa, some even holding disdain for them.

Quote Originally Posted by Kufell View Post
    Of course, there can always be exceptions to the general population, but I was more referring generally. Like generally, Darkspear don't worship Bird Loa, some even holding disdain for them.
    I get that. But uh, I've no idea why they would hold disdain for bird loa and I've never heard that before. Is there any source on that?