Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    The Unstoppable Force Friendlyimmolation's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    The Dreadfort, or Korriban. You never know.
    Quote Originally Posted by Roudene View Post
    That's a good point but on the other hand we have that Dark Mirror story in which Nathanos says that he was hunting high elves for Sylvanas so she could turn them into dark rangers.

Val'kyr could even create death knights when they were fed with power by the Lich King. (again, according to Dark Mirror) Sadly, it still doesn't clarify if death knight can be raised once more after their "second death".

Maybe the val'kyrs are running out of power but with a new source of energy (Azerite?) they might be able to raise other races again?
    nothing in the dark mirror story said it was the rangers there raised becoming dark rangers, after all that was at the height of the lich king's power, and you were screwed if you died in the plaguelands.
    Quote Originally Posted by WoWKnight65 View Post
    That's same excuse from you and so many others on this website and your right some of threads do bully high elf fans to a point where they might end up losing their minds to a point of a mass shooting.
    Holy shit lol

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquamonkey View Post
    It was always a matter of power. The val'kyr didn't have enough power to do non-humans without the LK at the beginning of Cata.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    In Silverpine Forest, we learn that Sylvanas can't raise undead from bodies of night-elves / gnomes / dwarves. Is this canonical?
    ...or Worgen! That's canonical at the time of Silverpine. But, Sylvanas could always grow in power down the line... (DaveKosak)
    Her power grew since then. She was about to raise Vereesa in War Crimes.
    Okay but why can Val'kyr specifically raise humans? Do human corpses require the least effort for some specific reason? Can Val'kyr even make Banshees? Can other Banshees make Banshees? Is this something specific to Sylvanas? What triggers growth in her power?
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    "There is another person on the other end of the chat screen. They're our friends; they're our brothers and sisters; they're our sons and daughters. Let's take a stand to reject hate and harassment, and let's redouble our efforts to be kind and respectful to one another, and let's remind the world what the gaming community is really all about."

Mike Morhaime CEO of Blizzard Entertainment, Blizzcon 2014 (view)

It would be reasonable that she either couldn't raise them (can you raise what was risen by the LK already?), or could but they would no longer be death knights (but mindless ghouls/skeletons/whatever). Unless I'm missing something.

Quote Originally Posted by MrSaggins View Post
    Okay but why can Val'kyr specifically raise humans? Do human corpses require the least effort for some specific reason? Can Val'kyr even make Banshees? Can other Banshees make Banshees? Is this something specific to Sylvanas? What triggers growth in her power?
    It really isn't documented but I assume it's a case of similarities. Vry'kul are essentially humans that have been less altered by the curse of flesh. Dark Val'kyr are female vry'kul that have been given power by the Lich King. Their original purpose was to judge other vry'kul in the Lich King's service and as punishment they would resurrect them as malformed and misshapen undead.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Friendlyimmolation View Post
    nothing in the dark mirror story said it was the rangers there raised becoming dark rangers, after all that was at the height of the lich king's power, and you were screwed if you died in the plaguelands.
    It wasn't stated, true, but that's what I assumed. We know that Sylvanas could raise dark rangers, thanks to https://wow.gamepedia.com/Dark_Ranger_Velonara

Dark rangers or not, the high elves were being raised during vanilla.

Thanks to @Aquamonkey for the valuable blues. Do you have a folder with them? If so, how big is it currently?

Quote Originally Posted by Roudene View Post
    It wasn't stated, true, but that's what I assumed. We know that Sylvanas could raise dark rangers, thanks to https://wow.gamepedia.com/Dark_Ranger_Velonara

Dark rangers or not, the high elves were being raised during vanilla.

Thanks to @Aquamonkey for the valuable blues. Do you have a folder with them? If so, how big is it currently?
    for all we know she could be ressed when sylvanas was under the service of arthas

She could always do that banshee stuff thought. I wished we saw her val'kyr in the cinematic though, picking up fallen Horde soldiers or something, pulling them back over the wall etc.
    doesnt she only have 3 left?
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    doesnt she only have 3 left?
    Four, plus a random extra one in the broken shore cinematic.

maybe a intern Val'kyr.
    Last edited by Friendlyimmolation; 2017-12-27 at 09:26 PM.
    That's same excuse from you and so many others on this website and your right some of threads do bully high elf fans to a point where they might end up losing their minds to a point of a mass shooting.
    Holy shit lol

7+ Year Old Account
    Four, plus a random extra one in the broken shore cinematic.

maybe a intern Val'kyr.
    I think the main Val'kyr are able to create lesser ones but they are nowhere near as powerful. They are seen during the Battle for Andorhal in Cata
    This world don't give us nothing. It be our lot to suffer... and our duty to fight back.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Maljinwo View Post
    I think the main Val'kyr are able to create lesser ones but they are nowhere near as powerful. They are seen during the Battle for Andorhal in Cata
    That too, although those were a lot smaller.
    Holy shit lol

Death Knights can be risen again. While most of the examples we have in Wrath are (allegedly) because of Valkyr, it's unclear if Sylvanas could utilize Valkyr to the same extent before - now, who knows what she learned about Death Knights after messing with Koltira. Freshly risen Forsaken currently have free will though, so even if Sylvanas did raise a fallen Night Elf Death Knight the Night Elf would have to choose whether their loyalty to their people is more than the favor of granting them life again. Maybe if Sylvanas could counter-act some of the negatives that being a Death Knight has (the constant pain and hunger) then maybe they would even feel indebted to Sylvanas. This could especially work if the Night Elf Death Knight was shunned by their people or didn't really get along with anyone. If the Night Elf didn't really have a place with the rest of their kin, and Sylvanas just cured most of the negative Death Knight pains and hungers then I could definitely see a rogue NE DK working for her.