Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by DarkAmbient View Post
    Surprised to see disc priest mentioned positively a couple of times. Obviously I expect their survival to be great but don't they take forever to kill stuff?
    You never die, but shit takes forever to die too. Obviously shadow is better, but apparently some people have issues playing the spec.

Personally what I hate with shadow is the aoe, what stupid idea it was to force to have sw: pain on a target to aoe and have to recast it every time that target dies.. this makes ridiculous things in low level stuff where sw one shots mobs.. when shadow crash is on cd those mobs live forever lol.

Personally I felt elemental shaman was the worst, stuff took forever to die.

10+ Year Old Account
    Use. Your. Bodyguard. Seriously, if you're squishy use whatever follower can tank for you. That's why locks etc are great, mostly. So, if your spec doesn't give you a pet, use a follower as a bodyguard.

10+ Year Old Account
    Shadow has been the worst for me, fury has been the most fun for sure

All classes except monk and dh to 110 so far. Worst by far was shadow priest. Sucks out in the world on low health mobs in general, as the ramp up is annoying/doesnt work well on them.
    I found it easier to go holy, as I didnt care for disc. Great ST, great heals, fun playstyle for raids/dungeons.

7+ Year Old Account
    Leveled my shadow priest only to 103 because it was just unfun to play. Still like the style and on longer bossfights it was actually enjoying, but that wasn't enough motivation for me at the end.

I liked Frost and Unholy DK, Outlaw Rogue and WW Monk the most while leveling. MM Hunter was okay too.

I think I made a mistake when I leveled a BM hunter and affliction warlock, because other specs I've tried just pale into comparison in terms of sheer quality of life. Leveling an ele shaman was downright painful, and arcane mage wasn't much better.
    I literally could've written this sentence myself. I leveled those same 4 classes and specs and even in that exact same order!

Shaman becomes tolerable on Argus if you switch to Resto for Elites or when doing big pulls. I use the talent that gives Healing totem and Riptide 2 charges.

Arcane Mage leaves little room for error. I use the talent that makes Prismatic Barrier spammable and just make it a priority to keep it refreshed.

Quote Originally Posted by darklogrus View Post
    Melee wise leveling most I would say Fury was hands down the worst for me out of all the melee. Even after hitting 110 it still felt awful.
    I made the same experience. It's not even the damage you can push out, but the damage you take. The healing from Bloodthirst is abysmal. Fighter Chow seemed to be pretty mandatory, but even then Arms was a much smoother experience with the Second Wind talent.

imo, Enhancement Shaman and Shadow Priest. Bad self-healing kits.

Quote Originally Posted by Razion View Post
    imo, Enhancement Shaman and Shadow Priest. Bad self-healing kits.
    Enh does make up for it a bit with strong attacks but often I’d be using maelstrom for instant heals. Spriest was indeed terrible, and I did a lot more dungeons on that guy to make up for it.

Didn’t like Druid levelling tbh. Went bear which was fine for aoe pulls but labourious for st mobs.

Quote Originally Posted by clevin View Post
    Use. Your. Bodyguard. Seriously, if you're squishy use whatever follower can tank for you. That's why locks etc are great, mostly. So, if your spec doesn't give you a pet, use a follower as a bodyguard.
    Eeeh...not all classes seems to have a viable bodyguard. As a druid, I can't say any of the bg's have been worth anything as tanks, even just dotting will overaggro either of the tank options. That said, you generally can survive fairly well even so, but using a bg for threat isn't entirely an option for all IMO.

As Arcane, I can solo anything on Argus (and probably the same with Fire). With Frost, I might have some issues. It depends if one of the rare mob's abilities has them standing still to channel it for a few seconds. The only individual I have a problem with is Laglath, but I've gotten a lot of gear since the release of Argus. And there are a few rares that are really, really quick like Skuul, though I'm fast enough to kite him. Other than that, Mages are fine in my opinion, even with some of the lesser content. Just can't overdo it, but with certain builds, someone could pull off anything with lesser gear.

Quote Originally Posted by Xeranath View Post
    Enh does make up for it a bit with strong attacks but often I’d be using maelstrom for instant heals. Spriest was indeed terrible, and I did a lot more dungeons on that guy to make up for it.

Didn’t like Druid levelling tbh. Went bear which was fine for aoe pulls but labourious for st mobs.
    haha yeah bear single target with poor gear is like fuck i really should switch to a dps spec.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Jaina Proudmoore View Post
    As Arcane, I can solo anything on Argus (and probably the same with Fire). With Frost, I might have some issues. It depends if one of the rare mob's abilities has them standing still to channel it for a few seconds. The only individual I have a problem with is Laglath, but I've gotten a lot of gear since the release of Argus. And there are a few rares that are really, really quick like Skuul, though I'm fast enough to kite him. Other than that, Mages are fine in my opinion, even with some of the lesser content. Just can't overdo it, but with certain builds, someone could pull off anything with lesser gear.
    question is why would you? i can join a group and tag an elite to complete a quest on an 880 alt faster than my 950 ele shaman can pop lust and nuke it down, argus is a fucking joke with group finder.

difficulty rating 0/10.

All i know is afflock was cake and you kill as many as you want.
    hunter wasn't bad at all but marksman is tough. too much kiting and watching where you're going.
    rogue was ez pz even without the shoulders. as ass or subtlety
    spriest was painful. slow ass ramp up. everything requires multidotting running around, mind bomb, heal, really bad aoe. elites were difficult. shit class/spec is shit.
    dh was cake and fun
    dk was cake and fun

havn't done warrior and mage yet. don't know if i have the balls left to level again. i just can't take val sharah. maybe when 7.3.5 comes out. they don't get rid of legendaries when 7.3.5 comes out right? /shudder

Deleted
    With bad gear, any dps spec that cannot outright kite or pettank stuff as well as squishy melees, are always the ones having a harder time leveling, even in Legion content.

Once you acquire the legendary crafted item, combined with some cheap ilvl 840+ items usable on Level 101, stuff is pretty much faceroll so I would not recommend doing it the "old" way without gear.

I found that mage and spriest was pretty painful

Mages are just glass cannons and is way to squishy with no self heal and spriests just cant do good burst damage.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Caliph View Post
    All i know is afflock was cake and you kill as many as you want.
    hunter wasn't bad at all but marksman is tough. too much kiting and watching where you're going.
    rogue was ez pz even without the shoulders. as ass or subtlety
    spriest was painful. slow ass ramp up. everything requires multidotting running around, mind bomb, heal, really bad aoe. elites were difficult. shit class/spec is shit.
    dh was cake and fun
    dk was cake and fun

havn't done warrior and mage yet. don't know if i have the balls left to level again. i just can't take val sharah. maybe when 7.3.5 comes out. they don't get rid of legendaries when 7.3.5 comes out right? /shudder
    Level up with invasions if you dont want to do the quest zones.

With looms you can get 1 level per invasion thats how i did it with most of my many alts.

Deleted
    Did somebody seriously say afflocks are bad at outdoor content? Nothing is more faceroll than afflocks with voidalker in outdoor content.

Spriest is just terribad at everything outdoorsy.

Hmm, enhancement was pretty bad for leveling, took a lot of dmg and often would use instants for self healing. But at high item levels you're immortal to world content. Take the healing rain talent, use the lego pants (if you got them, they are incredible) and you're good to go. I tank every elite on Argus with extreme ease with healing rain + pants but i also sacrifice about 10 items levels on world and solo content to equip pieces with leech on them to make things even easier. I barely ever see my HP bar move, even against Argus bosses + half a dozen trash mobs.
    Last edited by Sanitee; 2017-12-28 at 06:51 AM.

Obviously when you get to high ilvl everything is pretty decent, but this thread is about leveling through Legion content.

I think I made a mistake when I leveled a BM hunter and affliction warlock, because other specs I've tried just pale into comparison in terms of sheer quality of life. Leveling an ele shaman was downright painful, and arcane mage wasn't much better.

What in your view is the worst DPS spec in terms of quality of life for questing through Legion content?
    Drain Soul would like to have a word with you

Here are the toons I've leveled so far in the order that i leveled and their relative ease
    Ret-not too many complaints, pretty easy(to be expected tho main since pre-BC)
    DH-havoc had alot of fun leveling..easy then went tank and stayed still having a blast tanking.
    Lock affliction-again, had fun but also a lock vet. still dont agree with the shard system but whatever. I'd put it right behind dh easiness
    DK-unholy had a lot of trouble...buut. it was the first toon i lvled solely on rested xp/invasions. Given that all of the invasion mobs are way overtuned for under 110's of course i had a "bad time" Had to group for every single quest. but again. to be expected with invasion mobs. Outside of invasions i didnt have a problem
    Guardian druid. Leveling right now doing val'sharah and invasions solely. Having a blast I'd put it at zero difficulty

But back to your aff lock, what were you doing that made it "hard" or unfun?
    Because with drain soul you just dot everything with agony for shard procs then just seed or spam corruption and drain when needed. I did find voidwalker would get owned pretty easily with 2+ mobs and eventually gave up on him and just went with felhunter and i tanked everything while draining. Once i hit argus i had mostly all 880 except for a few pieces i just went to broken shore and bought the 850 stuff to fill him out. after a week of argus quests/rf i had at least 910 ilvl in every slot. in other words it was the easiest class i had so far to gear.

It should be said that i had all but maybe one or two heirlooms for each of those toons so yeah.

10+ Year Old Account
    Without a doubt it's shadow priest. No burst, ST or AoE. I kill things quicker as holy spec

10+ Year Old Account
    I like soloing stuff as Assa or Sub.

But Outlaw kinda sucks. Such a slow start to get CP and to hopefully get a decent Roll the Bones. If not, it's just further slow till the mob dies... God I hate that specc xD
    • Diablo Immortal is the most misunderstood and underrated game of all time!
    • Blizzard, please, give us some end-game focused Classic servers, where you start at max level!
    • Serious Completionist: 100% OW Achievements, 100% D3 Achievements, 90% Immortal Achievements, 99% ATT Classic, ~90% ATT Retail