Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaylock View Post
    Or has anyone found "true love" from using Tinder?

When I used to use Tinder, it mainly served the purpose for hooking up, but I had some friends find girl friends using it, but I don't know if thats still the case.
    Never met a single real person from it so couldnt tell you.
    There is no Bad RNG just Bad LTP

Quote Originally Posted by Syriane View Post
    I don't think you downloaded the right game mate
    Yeah, thats just how many have liked you, but you haven't matched.
    1) Load the amount of weight I would deadlift onto the bench
    2) Unrack
    3) Crank out 15 reps
    4) Be ashamed of constantly skipping leg day

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Video Games View Post
    If a boy saw all my figures, wall scrolls and body pillows, he'd probably peace out anyway
    I am sickened, but curious.

Quote Originally Posted by Iggy Iguana View Post
    A female reporter on channel 4 met her husband on Tinder and she introduced him. They seemed like a nice couple.
    fake news.
    "I'm not stuck in the trench, I'm maintaining my rating."

Used tinder for about a month after I got out of a relationship, come across a girl, thought her bio was awesome and she liked me back. We met up, had some fun - no sexual - met up a few more times for dates, started as a proper date around meet up number 4. Took 2 months of talking and dates before we decided it wasn't just hooking up and had a three year relationship out of it.

People use it to find dates, so no, it's not just a hook-up app but it's commonly used as one. I've used it for both.

Quote Originally Posted by Freighter View Post
    People use it to find dates, so no, it's not just a hook-up app but it's commonly used as one. I've used it for both.
    Sounds like my local bar.

That's not a criticism.

Let's all ride the Gish gallop.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaylock View Post
    Sex should be between a man and a woman in a married relationship. Just throwing around sex with random strangers is morally wrong, not to mention dangerous because of sexually transmitted diseases.
    Wait what? Are you trolling or serious? You stuck in Victorian times or something?

Quote Originally Posted by Dwarfhamster View Post
    Wait what? Are you trolling or serious? You stuck in Victorian times or something?
    Sounds more like religious nutter.

Deleted
    It works as a dating app for people that can literally start a relationship with anyone.
    The type of people that can walk into a bar and walk out with a relationship.

Aside from the fact that I personally would never date anyone that offers herself through an app, as if you are on sale, I also wouldn't simply try to connect to random people that I have nothing in common with.

Granted, I can say this from the comfort of a long term relationship that I could build in a pre-social media era.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Iggy Iguana View Post
    A female reporter on channel 4 met her husband on Tinder and she introduced him. They seemed like a nice couple.
    This. Ofc on a an app with thousands of people there is a chance you will meet the perfect match, but more often then not you won't. But dating is just a numbers game anyhow, so use Tinder, get on a date, try to see if it works, if not try again.

Quote Originally Posted by Nitro Fun View Post
    Hngg, that first pic tho.
    How did she look?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Katie N View Post
    What? xD I am not from china.

- - - Updated - - -

Can you repost?

Noooooo... you don't say!

Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    Regardless of how it’s advertised, I was under the impression that it was a hookup (have sex) app and is primarily used as such.
    Me too. Then I tried it in when I went to London. To no avail. I did get a few matches but it never came to a meet-up. All the girls there felt soooo out of this world. And I am not talking about appearance. 90% of the girls had some reaaaally fancy hobbies and "want to do" lists that I couldn't even imagine lol. But I guess plebs like me from THE Eastern Europe wouldn't understand. And then I tried it in Japan. Got loots of likes and matches. Not a single girl willing to go out/meet up. Deleted it after some time. It's so stupid. I can't comprehend why people in Japan are even using it. They don't want to even meet up, how fucked up is this. All the worse with all the likes I was getting because it just rubs salt in the wound. Why do you like me if you have no interest, lol. It's annoying as fuck

90% sex 10% actual dates. 50% of the chicks dont know they're just being used for sex.

Quote Originally Posted by Daneman View Post
    How did she look?

- - - Updated - - -

Can you repost?
    You don't get to see.

I don't know a single person who has 'hooked up' with anyone via an online dating service or app.

When a few girlfriends and I tried Tinder just for the fun of it- the result was a barrage of non-stop, I mean NON-STOP, messages/dings/alerts from dudes. Most had obviously fake profiles the rest were hideous. After a few hours most of us uninstalled the app.

No single woman I know personally has reported using these apps or services. I honestly think it's mostly bots and desperate dudes that use these things.

Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    I don't know a single person who has 'hooked up' with anyone via an online dating service or app.

When a few girlfriends and I tried Tinder just for the fun of it- the result was a barrage of non-stop, I mean NON-STOP, messages/dings/alerts from dudes. Most had obviously fake profiles the rest were hideous. After a few hours most of us uninstalled the app.

No single woman I know personally has reported using these apps or services. I honestly think it's mostly bots and desperate dudes that use these things.
    You can't have used tinder because unless you swiped right on them they can't message you. If you did swipe right why should they not message you?

I don't understand the hook-up culture. Seriously.

There is too much effort involved and too much time is wasted trying to find new people for sex each night. Just find a serious girlfriend/boyfriend and have all the sex you want.

If you spend the majority of your free time in trying to find people to have sex with just once, then this explains why the millennials are constantly complaining that they are poor. How you spend your free time is very important with regards to your financial situation.
    Last edited by haxartus; 2017-12-28 at 05:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by haxartus View Post
    I don't understand the hook-up culture. Seriously.

There is too much effort involved and too much time is wasted trying to find new people for sex each night. Just find a serious girlfriend/boyfriend and have all the sex you want.

If you spend the majority of your free time in trying to find people to have sex with just once, then this explains why the millennials are constantly complaining that they are poor. How you spend your free time is very important with regards to your financial situation.
    I don't know anyone that sits on tinder all day to swipe. You only get 100 swipes per day if you don't pay. If you pay for it there is no reason to swipe, you just get to match with those who liked you without swiping which means no time spent swiping.