Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by TobiasX View Post
    Giving a melee spec to Hunters was fine. The problem was they took away a spec that people enjoyed.
    This Give me back my MoP Survival Hunter.
    Now I can do BM which is easy but boring... can´t stand the MM spec itm. Survival Hunter is very fun to play tho. But I prefer the range damagedealer

Quote Originally Posted by Sorrowful Gondola View Post
    Both of those things are parts of the reason why Demo is not played....
    Really? I kinda love raining meteors down on an enemy. It's fun.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mush View Post
    Also melee is more complex than range? What makes it harder? The lack of boss mechanics for melee or the insta-casts and lack of pre-planning?
    Truth is that most "don't stand in this" mechanics prio ranged, and that combined with cast times makes movement-intense fights pain for ranged.

But then, I main ranged ever since I started in 2010, and the times when I raid with casual group on my ret pally, the perspective of melee just feels weird. I am far too used to looking at things from distance then looking at boots/hooves.

Hence why I played SV for maybe 30 minutes, to get the artifact. Started as MM and never wanted to change. Old SV with explosives? Nope. BM with pet that does so big chunk of damage passively? Nope. Legion BM with over 50% damage coming passively from pets? Hell no!

Deleted
    I play 3 of the classes mentioned. I play all specs of Mage/Hunter/and Warlock.

I change my specs in all 3 every so often. My main is the Mage with arcane being the highest item lvl and dps. Its does require mana control which is more tricky than lets say frost but I find that it keeps me awake. I dont do Demo as much as other lock specs but its fun. Same with survival, its fun to play. I found the old survival to be a slight variation on MM since it had things like explosive shot and black arrow which are now talents in MM. When some people say that they see no WW monks and such, maybe that guild/faction/realm has less than average but another may have surplus. Granted there are alot of favorite specs out there.

I believe that the reason for less SV Hunters are 1) people who do not like melee full stop dont play it. 2) Any spec that required a slight style to do good dps is shunned as people can do things like marked shot then 3 aimed shots and 3) Some people who are in the 1 and 2 category or somebody else who is sour about it all are spreading their opinion that survival is bad hence nobody else is tempted. Well not me and I love it .

This is just a opinion. Everyone has theirs so don't blow up.

Happy Holidays.
    Last edited by mmocd8fcaadcf2; 2017-12-29 at 11:30 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Deadite View Post
    You may be right but i think the reason for the other 99% that don't play it is due to that fact that they rolled a hunter to be ranged Dps and not melee. They do seem pretty rare.
    Quote Originally Posted by Deruyter View Post
    I think I've rarely seen a Survival Hunter in PvE, sometimes in a random BG but then they are often Russian players.

The reason I think is that if people want to play melee, they will pick a "real" melee class. People that pick Hunter do so because they want to shoot a bow or gun.
    I rarely see a disc priest to be honest, survival hunters are present in random BGs on regular basis (and they hurt), outside not so much. Its certainly not because of people picking that class for shooting a bow, no no no. Thats maybe 20% of the people. Then there are maybe 30% who wanted to play ranged with solid armor and rest 50% is just people picking brain dead easiest class to play since vanilla (click arcane shot, pet charges, mob dead, yaaay). Ofc players like these will never appreciate melee survival hunter, which is objectively a cool spec.

Unholy DKs are quiet rare, also arcane mages.

Basically if they leave spec dead for whole expansion (like they did with guardian druids in legion and feral for majority of legion) then those specs are not played that much. Nobody likes a rollercoaster. DPS classes with eatleast 2 melee or ranged specs dont fluctuate that much. If you want to play melee and stay viable throughout the whole expansion (possibly even next one) you pick rogue, warrior or DK because there is always something viable. If you want to play ranged and stay viable you should pick mage, warlock or hunter. If you pick ele shaman well prepare for a ride of buffs and nerfs.

Deleted
    I main a demonology warlock and hardly ever see another. Obviously affliction being much better for any multi target fight as well as comparable in ST is a big factor, but I wouldn't be surprised if people don't enjoy the playstyle of the new demo; I myself preferred the MoP and WoD version. Seems like the spec is back to the operating table for the next expansion yet again, so will see what happens.

Reading through this topic I'm proud to be monk main since Pandaria.

And I don't know why but I'm not seeing many unholy DKs, lot of frosts or bloods but zero Unholy

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Shainal View Post
    I play 3 of the classes mentioned. I play all specs of Mage/Hunter/and Warlock.

I change my specs in all 3 every so often. My main is the Mage with arcane being the highest item lvl and dps. Its does require mana control which is more tricky than lets say frost but I find that it keeps me awake. I dont do Demo as much as other lock specs but its fun. Same with survival, its fun to play. I found the old survival to be a slight variation on MM since it had things like explosive shot and black arrow which are now talents in MM. When some people say that they see no WW monks and such, maybe that guild/faction/realm has less than average but another may have surplus. Granted there are alot of favorite specs out there.

I believe that the reason for less SV Hunters are 1) people who do not like melee full stop dont play it. 2) Any spec that required a slight style to do good dps is shunned as people can do things like marked shot then 3 aimed shots and 3) Some people who are in the 1 and 2 category or somebody else who is sour about it all are spreading their opinion that survival is bad hence nobody else is tempted. Well not me and I love it .

This is just a opinion. Everyone has theirs so don't blow up.

Happy Holidays.
    My main is a mage, but I play all classes, with rogue being 2nd and warlock and hunter 3rd and 4th character I had at max level.

I love the frost spec, though fire has been quite enjoyable in Legion (because it has formidable movement), and while I do play arcane now and then (like now, to get the artifact to 75, or when I did the mage tower challenge), it's just not as fun to play, except in AoE situations.

I also love the outlaw spec, but RtB is so painful, that I play my rogue mainly as sub. Assa is not my thing, only played the spec for the mage tower and changed back to Sub after it was done. Also did mage tower in S&D spec, because RtB is awful. Though I probably will play Outlaw again when the Sub artifact is at 75. Love the pirate theme. Even have a cosplay of a cursed pirate.

With warlock, I have played different specs in different expansions. Started with affliction in Classic and TBC, then went Demo afterwards, and played Destruction in MoP, also got my Green Fire with that spec. This is still my favorite spec, though the other two have their fun aspects. Guess I will rotate these as soon as my Destruction artifact is at 75. (Yes, also did all challenges. Demo was by far the easiest from the three, though Destruction was not that hard, either. Affliction was horrible without Sacrolash/Sephuz, so I had to resort to the "cheese" strategy.)

Finally, BM is my favorite hunter spec, with Hati being one of the reasons, but also all the other pets you can collect. MM is also OK, and survival sounds interesting on paper, but is not fun for me at all. Finished my challenge, will never look back. It's not even the fact that it's a melee spec - I like playing melee and ranged, depending on my mood - it's just the clunky mechanics. Like they desperately wanted to make the spec unique and went overboard with their ideas.

My friends and I haven't seen warriors that aren't Fury specced in a long time. I play Arms/Prot but like even then I just struggle to keep up with other dps/tanks

7+ Year Old Account
    As a person who mained warlock for some time, demo atm is a convoluted mess. You can get similar or not better results with destro and affliction and far less of a headache.

Demo could be kind of cool, but it needs some serious streamlining. Clunky as shit atm.

Deleted
    Outlaw Rogues are not very often in bgs

Survival, because anyone who wanted to play melee were already playing melee on a different class, and anyone who was a hunter already didn't want to play melee in the first place.

Arcane, because you have to make zero mistakes and the payoff isn't worth the risk. The spec needs to be balanced against making a reasonable number of mistakes instead of making no mistakes.

Survival Hunter, Outlaw Rouge and Feral druid.
    Quote Originally Posted by Irian View Post
    I love how many people go the "fuck feminism!! ruining society!" Never change, "/r/incels" champion.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dead Moose Fandango View Post
    No more eeeelves!

15+ Year Old Account
    Personally, I've seen very few survival hunters and disc priests. I think I've run into 1 survival hunter so far this expansion and it seems that any priest that wants to heal now has been going holy (personal experience of course).

windwalker
    before fotm, bc it sucked.

demo
    bc it sucks.
    and destru also a bit less. just bc every lock is aff.

surv
    bc most hunters piss on melee or play real melee instead.

outlaw
    bc of just aoe and sucks in raids.

arcane
    for a reason i dont know.

feral
    for a reason i dont know. (maybe ramp up time and zero aoe?)

brew monk
    bc a lot dedicated monk players dont like new stagger mechanic.

discs (a bit)
    they just arent really easy to play or pug friendly.

all often played and seen are:

all DH specs (havoc, veng)
    all DK specs (blood, frost, unholy)
    all warri specs (prot, arms, fury)
    all pally specs (prot, holy, ret)
    all shaman specs (enh, ele, resto)
    aff lock
    frost & fire mages
    holy & shadow priests
    resto druid, bear, and owl
    assa & sub rogues
    heal monk
    MM & BM hunters

theoretically that should be all (36 specs)
    Last edited by Niwes; 2017-12-29 at 04:32 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Paladirius View Post
    Windwalker Monks are quite as well. Only seem them about twice in a 3 month period
    You must not play arenas lol
    Surv hunter
    Outlaw rogue (except at beginning of expac)

Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    Because I'd love to be a melee healer personally.
    They tried this with a monk and with a holy pally, and generally I really hate the idea. All tanks are melee. Many dps play melee. Playing m+ with 5 goddamn melee because healer is melee too is generally poo. I hate these holy pallies that go to melee because they "have to" (read: want to) use their melee abilities and drop all the "ranged" puddles on the group. And now you also have the "catweaving" druids. Seriously Blizz.

If they want to make melee healers maybe they should make ranged tanks first. :P

Quote Originally Posted by Naturalna View Post
    I rarely see a disc priest to be honest,
    I've seen them, the problem with disc is they're good for raids but they suck for m+, especially for "out of combat" affixes like bursting or grievous. I've seen 1 disc priest in a m+ pug that didn't have a problem healing, and I've seen many. To the point I actively started avoiding inviting them. The spec needs something to work out of combat better, because you also have bosses with intermissions / immune phases where again, disc is lame.

Quote Originally Posted by Honik View Post
    And I don't know why but I'm not seeing many unholy DKs, lot of frosts or bloods but zero Unholy
    Because all dks were unholy in EN, frost in NH, unholy in TOS and again frost in Antorus. Same crap with warrior, constant fotm switching between arms and fury. Rarely you see a guy stick to 1 spec, just: this spec is deemed better? 90% of population switches. But I've met an unholy dk in a pug yday. Damn, he had 950 relinquished titanforged fel oil machine trinket (and that's bis for unholy).

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    Really? I kinda love raining meteors down on an enemy. It's fun.
    I dont lind demo locks outside 1 ability, empower demons spell you have to cast after evry single demon you summon

Isn't disc priest the rarest?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by franksredhot View Post
    Isn't disc priest the rarest?
    We aren’t that rare and even with the ignorance of the post above can heal perfectly fine through all affixes. https://raider.io/characters/eu/bloodhoof/Voidster