Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Cronoos View Post
    Why remove world buff? I always hear ”Vanilla is vanilla”, so that includes ”game breaking” world buffs.

There are alot of ”game breaking” things with Vanilla. Adress them before this minor issue.
    Remove? No. Revise? Yes.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jyggalag View Post
    Remove? No. Revise? Yes.
    Just like You can revise class balance, which would make much more sense than revising world buffs.

10+ Year Old Account
    it sounds like someone got destroyed in PVP

Actually I take that back. OP is probably said AQ40 raider that tagged along on the alt MC run and got beat on meters by someone in "INFERIOR" gear cause he went balls out.
    Last edited by SinR; 2017-12-29 at 03:54 PM. Reason: dsfksdfs
    We're all newbs, some are just more newbier than others.

Just a burned out hardcore raider turned casual.
    I'm tired. So very tired. Can I just lay my head on your lap and fall asleep?
    #TeamFuckEverything

Quote Originally Posted by Atherions View Post
    The first iteration of classic wow should have as few changes as possible, and start as early as possible. If they decide to later on to do a more tuned iteration of classic wow removing world buffs in raids would be the best step in making raids harder.
    The usual idea in WoW is to later make the bosses easier with time - not harder.

That happened already during Vanilla - and also afterwards; either by targeted nerfs or just that some raids such as ICC had stacking buffs for players that got stronger each week. No raid has gone the other way and started easy and then gradually getting harder (it's even rare that specific undertuned bosses were buffed).

Deleted
    Why remove world buff? I always hear ”Vanilla is vanilla”, so that includes ”game breaking” world buffs.

There are alot of ”game breaking” things with Vanilla. Adress them before this minor issue.
    I wouldn't call this minor if you knew how stats worked for certain classes. As a pre-bis fury (dungeon geared basically), I am crit-capped, basically T2/T3 as a result of these buffs.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by SinR View Post
    it sounds like someone got destroyed in PVP
    Fuck, you're autistic. No one even gets these for PvP.

/snip
    You're assuming quite a bit about why I'd play on a classic server, and being quite rude about it to boot.

I never wanted Blizzard to work on a classic server. I didn't ask for it. But Blizzard is going to do it now. A few friends of mine plan to play on them, and want me to play on them too. So I'm going back to that old hellish stage.

Is it selfish to want Blizzard's classic server to not get rid of things it had on classic? Selfish for them to start some vanilla stage, then modify from there depending on how they and/or the community feel?

I'd much rather Blizzard focus on the current state of the game. I find setting aside a group to work on classic servers to be a waste. But my opinion won't change that now. Quit insulting people and raising the toxicity of conversations for your own damn sake, they're toxic enough as it is.

Just like You can revise class balance, which would make much more sense than revising world buffs.
    You can't really advocate an either/or approach, since one will directly influence the other. Bringing lagging classes up to par will likely make world buffs even more powerful, given some are % crit etc, they will scale better if your class scales better.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by motive View Post
    I wouldn't call this minor if you knew how stats worked for certain classes. As a pre-bis fury (dungeon geared basically), I am crit-capped, basically T2/T3 as a result of these buffs.

- - - Updated - - -

It Was part of Vanilla all the same. Just as useless classes and specs. Making sure that every class and spec has a role to play should be much more prioritized than buffs, if changes are allowed.

You're all clueless. You can't tell me to go back to legion cause I'm making a suggestion to make the game harder, just lol at you all
    I haven't seen anyone suggest that lol. I mean, you're already stuck in the past. Now you think something like world buffs should be removed from classic as if it's enough of an issue for anyone to care about decade old content being too easy.

You're toxic and part of the crowd that made conversing about classic servers unbearable in the first place. You made your point. Gave people an opinion, even replied to some who argued with you. There's no need to add further insults to the fire. If you've nothing left that's useful, stop replying.

There's a reason people put Sturmbringe on ignore. All he can do is insult people and talk about how full of gumdrops and lollypops private servers are. It's why he got so many classic/vanilla threads closed.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ifeanychukwu View Post
    I haven't seen anyone suggest that lol. I mean, you're already stuck in the past. Now you think something like world buffs should be removed from classic as if it's enough of an issue for anyone to care about decade old content being too easy.
    Why are you posting on this sub-forum then?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Dead Moose Fandango View Post
    You're toxic and part of the crowd that made conversing about classic servers unbearable in the first place. You made your point. Gave people an opinion, even replied to some who argued with you. There's no need to add further insults to the fire. If you've nothing left that's useful, stop replying.

There's a reason people put Sturmbringe on ignore. All he can do is insult people and talk about how full of gumdrops and lollypops private servers are. It's why he got so many classic/vanilla threads closed.
    Sturmbringe seems like a lovely fellow to be honest, shares some of my opinions which is fantastic. You put someone on ignore cause you don't like their opinion on a forum? Just lol.

10+ Year Old Account
    We'd go get DM buffs for our premade group. It'd come down to competition as to who could live the longest.

Good times.

off topic, though, nice toxicity.
    We're all newbs, some are just more newbier than others.

Just a burned out hardcore raider turned casual.
    I'm tired. So very tired. Can I just lay my head on your lap and fall asleep?
    #TeamFuckEverything

Were the world buffs removed in Vanilla? No? There's your answer.
    Quote Originally Posted by Potboza View Post
    I created a black human male called "Pedopriest" and ran him to SW.
    I started asking where the schools were.
    Someone said "My kids play on this server you creep! How can you live with yourself?"
    I whispered back, "How old are they?"
    Yeah.

Damn, what an ignorant post. I play a fury warrior, I scale the best with gear and buffs, I don't care about my raid ranking at all. Gamebraeking because I hit like an aq40 geared warrior in pre-bis gear, yeah, that's why it's game breaking And no, it isn't a lot of dedication at all. It takes like 30 minutes before the raid, so many ignorant people, damn.

- - - Updated - - -

That sounds like a reasonable compromise, one I didn't think of, good idea!
    gamebreaking because you hit harder....along with the entire raid....making essentially farm bosses or the easy ass early bosses easier

yep totally game breaking

dont wanna be OP then dont grab the buffs as i said its not blizzards responsibility to control what players do with the tools they are given
    there are no negative aspects to these buffs and alot arent even needed until naxx. Next you will say blizzard should cut down on consumables because they are strong as well or they should remove trinkets with a double hit proc.

Vanilla was full of gamebreaking shit man and buffs that are extremely powerful aint one of them

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by SinR View Post
    We'd go get DM buffs for our premade group. It'd come down to competition as to who could live the longest.

Good times.

off topic, though, nice toxicity.
    hes been on this kick about what "needs" changed in vanilla for a while now
    i think hes alexensuals lost brother

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ifeanychukwu View Post
    i certainly dont want him in legion we have enough spastics already

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by zantheus1993 View Post
    gamebreaking because you hit harder....along with the entire raid....making essentially farm bosses or the easy ass early bosses easier

yep totally game breaking

dont wanna be OP then dont grab the buffs as i said its not blizzards responsibility to control what players do with the tools they are given
    there are no negative aspects to these buffs and alot arent even needed until naxx. Next you will say blizzard should cut down on consumables because they are strong as well or they should remove trinkets with a double hit proc.

Vanilla was full of gamebreaking shit man and buffs that are extremely powerful aint one of them

- - - Updated - - -

hes been on this kick about what "needs" changed in vanilla for a while now
    i think hes alexensuals lost brother
    I don't care if it takes me an extra hour or two t oget the buffs, I really don't care about getting them whatsoever, I think that was mentioned by another poster, so don't put words in my mouth. And just lol at your Alexensual quote, he's just as deluded as you fools are only he actually plays vanilla currently so his opinion is kinda of more value than any of yours. Fucking idiots. I abstain from this shit. Cya.

Sturmbringe seems like a lovely fellow to be honest, shares some of my opinions which is fantastic. You put someone on ignore cause you don't like their opinion on a forum? Just lol.
    Dunno about others, but I put him on ignore because he likes to brag about how people playing on live are suckers and only people like him who play on private servers are true wow lovers. Along with the whole "Unless you play on private servers, you don't get to have an opinion about how the new classic servers should be" nonsense.

Quote Originally Posted by Dead Moose Fandango View Post
    You're assuming quite a bit about why I'd play on a classic server, and being quite rude about it to boot.

I never wanted Blizzard to work on a classic server. I didn't ask for it. But Blizzard is going to do it now. A few friends of mine plan to play on them, and want me to play on them too. So I'm going back to that old hellish stage.

Is it selfish to want Blizzard's classic server to not get rid of things it had on classic? Selfish for them to start some vanilla stage, then modify from there depending on how they and/or the community feel?

I'd much rather Blizzard focus on the current state of the game. I find setting aside a group to work on classic servers to be a waste. But my opinion won't change that now. Quit insulting people and raising the toxicity of conversations for your own damn sake, they're toxic enough as it is.
    I've only come across as rude because you're a prime example of someone coming here to debate the specifics of a new game option without considering the opinions of others, many of which have been documented on this forum with very convincing points and arguments, among whom there will be people experiencing WoW: Classic for the first time in 2018/19 or whenever it's released.

It is, in fact; quite selfish to welcome no changes to a 2007, unfinished game, when everyone but those who experienced it back then, and haven't played it since, will be immediately alienated by many unsavory features (or lack of familiar features), that add nothing to the game, for the sake of nostalgia, that many people won't have had the pleasure of obtaining at some stage in their life. In fact, as time goes on, it's becoming increasingly clear from the discussions, on this forum at least, that you are actually in the minority, and that people such as yourself can present no real arguments outside of 'go play retail', 'slippery slope' and it really all boils down to some rose tinted notion of rewinding the clock so you've one more run at your teenage years.

We have in common that we are both heavily invested in WoW since a young age, but that's where it ends. I sit at a polar opposite from you, where I believe the current state of the game, that is Legion, is so far removed from what I fell in love with, that it's not worth playing any more. I am heavily invested now in a legacy server, and have been a vocal advocate of an official legacy server option. I am by no means blinded to the opinions of the hundreds of thousands of others, who, when you think about it objectively, will not appreciate having to go out of their way before a raid, to farm up some broken assed buffs just because 'that's how it used to be', when their guild is struggling to progress.

If Blizzard do release a carbon copy vanilla server as the only option (I'm betting they will), I'll still play it, and still laugh my way through all scripted content since I'm an experienced and highly skilled player. However we have to be mindful that the majority of WoW's playerbase today won't be able to do that, and to me it makes sense for Blizzard to approach this with the long term health of the game in mind, and that they look to cater to all of their subscribers.

I don't care if it takes me an extra hour or two t oget the buffs, I really don't care about getting them whatsoever, I think that was mentioned by another poster, so don't put words in my mouth. And just lol at your Alexensual quote, he's just as deluded as you fools are only he actually plays vanilla currently so his opinion is kinda of more value than any of yours. Fucking idiots. I abstain from this shit. Cya.
    you stated it took 30 minutes its not putting words in your mouth its called the quote system you can actually see the post i quoted....

if you think any bosses pre-naxx were difficult then congrats you know what artificial difficulty is
    no reason to remove the buffs
    if try hards feel they need to get them all then more power to ya
    you becoming super strong for 2 hours at a time doesnt break the game
    let me guess you are one of those raiders that used every available consumable for magmadar

Remove? No. Revise? Yes.
    Why revise?

10+ Year Old Account
    Not as much as it is now. Now you have every guild doing it, before I think it was kind of unknown (maxing out all world buffs to become inasnely over-powered), or atleast, that is what I have been told by many people who raided during vanilla.
    I can assure you every single raid guild knew about these buffs. And used them when they were stuck on a boss. But by no means did they purposely use these buffs every single week. They were used for progression, that is all.

Also please stop posting how everyone is Vanilla was stupid and knew nothing. And how there were no guides around etc etc etc. You're wrong and your ignorance of the vanilla community is evident. I can assure you everyone in Vanilla knew about these buffs. They wernt abused then. And if they keep the population of servers the same in classic like they were in vanilla. They can not be abused like they are on a PS due to the substantially larger server population.

Lets take my server for example. We only had TWO guilds on the Alliance side and ONE guild Horde side that could clear MC, BWL, and Onyxia. So that meant AT MOST you would have the opportunity to get this buff two times alliance side per week. And one time per week Horde side.

Now I'm by no means stating that these buff are overpowered. I actually agree with you that that they are very overpowered. But if Classic is hopefully going to be very similar to Vanilla. Hopefully we will see the same population per server. Which would mean there is less than a handful of guilds per faction could use this buff each week. So it's truly not a big deal IMHO.

Now lets say for sake of argument that Classic has a server population of 10K. I'm pretty sure server population in Vanilla was 2.5K max. So yes i would agree with you this could and will be an issue in Classic if they allow 10K population per server. There will be a great deal more people clearing raids thus receiving more heads to get world buffs. Thus allowing the community to abuse these buffs. But lets hope they keep the server size the same. It wont be an issue just like in Vanilla because there will only be a few heads getting dropped for buffs in a any given week.
    If i was riding a donkey down the road. And someone threw a rock and knocked me off. Would i be stoned off my ass?