Page 14 of 34 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    I stopped wow and jump to ffxiv after 7.2,and i think both game are good,but one thing ffxiv surpass wow is their update patch more frequently and contents gated not as heavy as wow,maybe wow players think that they no need to use money to play so 6 months one patch still ok ...

Quote Originally Posted by laumotor View Post
    I stopped wow and jump to ffxiv after 7.2,and i think both game are good,but one thing ffxiv surpass wow is their update patch more frequently and contents gated not as heavy as wow,maybe wow players think that they no need to use money to play so 6 months one patch still ok ...
    Except for the entirety of the most recent expansion they've patched new content at a consistent 3.5 month pace, identical to FF14.

Ok so I recently gave FF14 trial another try, and honestly I enjoy pretty much everything of it, but there is this big problem that I cannot overcome, especially while playing with a controller, but I know that I will feel the same in PC: jobs have too many buttons !! Really, a LOT.

I might be used to WoW recently pruning (which I loved), but at level 35 already seems to me that I have to push too many buttons (I was playing a Ninja).

I guess that I am too lazy, but for me WoW system in this regard is much more enjoyable. I know that eventually FF14 will have to do some skill pruning, so I will be watching, because I love the combat animations and the look of all the jobs that I have tried, and as I said, pretty much everything about the game
    Last edited by Darkarath; 2017-12-28 at 05:01 PM.
    Do not take life too seriously. You will never get out of it alive.

I will admit that I think the battle system is a bit clunky and slow. Honestly I chose White Mage as my primary, because I feel like it keeps me more busy and on my toes in dungeons, i gives me more to do. FFXIV has a great storyline in my opinion, and so far (not saying they never will) they have not re-written history multiple times to make changes to their game (like WoW has). Personally, I am very into crafting and gathering, and by FAR FFXIV takes the win on those. I love hearing people talk about how boring the grind is in FFXIV, and how you have to run dungeons over and over...that is not a good defense for World of Warcraft, because that is basically every MMO. And there is so much more to do than just collecting Tomes or other mats for upgrading equipment. I prefer FFXIV over WoW, but I am still subbed to both and still play both. They both have strengths and both have weaknesses. Your best bet would be to play the trial, if you like it enough Sub for a month.

Quote Originally Posted by Nepharym View Post
    I will admit that I think the battle system is a bit clunky and slow. Honestly I chose White Mage as my primary, because I feel like it keeps me more busy and on my toes in dungeons, i gives me more to do. FFXIV has a great storyline in my opinion, and so far (not saying they never will) they have not re-written history multiple times to make changes to their game (like WoW has). Personally, I am very into crafting and gathering, and by FAR FFXIV takes the win on those. I love hearing people talk about how boring the grind is in FFXIV, and how you have to run dungeons over and over...that is not a good defense for World of Warcraft, because that is basically every MMO. And there is so much more to do than just collecting Tomes or other mats for upgrading equipment. I prefer FFXIV over WoW, but I am still subbed to both and still play both. They both have strengths and both have weaknesses. Your best bet would be to play the trial, if you like it enough Sub for a month.
    While I agree with most everything you've covered, I have to disagree with this. I'd much rather do any mythic plus variant over the same dungeon I've ran hundreds of times with absolutely no challenge/variance like we see in FF14.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkarath View Post
    Ok so I recently gave FF14 trial another try, and honestly I enjoy pretty much everything of it, but there is this big problem that I cannot overcome, especially while playing with a controller, but I know that I will feel the same in PC: jobs have too many buttons !! Really, a LOT.

I might be used to WoW recently pruning (which I loved), but at level 35 already seems to me that I have to push too many buttons (I was playing a Ninja).

I guess that I am too lazy, but for me WoW system in this regard is much more enjoyable. I know that eventually FF14 will have to do some skill pruning, so I will be watching, because I love the combat animations and the look of all the jobs that I have tried, and as I said, pretty much everything about the game
    If you're using a controller, do you have the additional crossbars turned on? Instead of cycling through with R1, you get 2 small bars diagonal above your crossbars with another 16 slots each, totaling 48 buttons that are easily accessible and centralized in your UI, and you access them on the fly by double tapping l2 or R2, respectively.

- - - Updated - - -

Adding on to my above question, don't get overwhelmed. While(ninja especially) there are a lot of buttons to hit, it's often more intimidating up front than it actually is in practice after you've been through it a bit.
    Quote Originally Posted by Danund81
    Just SAY IT.* "I'm right you're wrong and I know it because I have the power of a website's link."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vargarii View Post
    If you're using a controller, do you have the additional crossbars turned on? Instead of cycling through with R1, you get 2 small bars diagonal above your crossbars with another 16 slots each, totaling 48 buttons that are easily accessible and centralized in your UI, and you access them on the fly by double tapping l2 or R2, respectively.

- - - Updated - - -

Adding on to my above question, don't get overwhelmed. While(ninja especially) there are a lot of buttons to hit, it's often more intimidating up front than it actually is in practice after you've been through it a bit.
    I would also ask of they customized it to swap between 2 bars as opposed to all 8

Quote Originally Posted by Vargarii View Post

- - - Updated - - -

Oh, that is pretty cool. I search for a video about it in Youtube and I will definitively give a try, I really hope that it helps me, because I want to enjoy this game.

Now I am a little busy with Persona 5 (it was on sale), but as soon as I platinum it I will download the trial again.
    Do not take life too seriously. You will never get out of it alive.

I got a question regarding endgame.

Is endgame queueable? Or do you manually need to find players to form a pug? I read some time ago in the deeps of the internet that even the most difficult content is queueable. But would like to clarify this.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Darkarath View Post

As a fellow ninja player (wanted to unlock machinist but needed to unlock Heavensward exp so pretty much spend most of my time as a ninja) it was a serious issue for me, even on a PC. Basically i was fighting with my hotbars and not with enemies. Bigger global cooldown really helped getting through the chaos but still it was just tiresome on longer play session.

Sadly i think most of the classes are designed this way. Somebody on the dev team think adding complexity is the same as adding depth.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aliven View Post
    I got a question regarding endgame.

Is endgame queueable? Or do you manually need to find players to form a pug? I read some time ago in the deeps of the internet that even the most difficult content is queueable. But would like to clarify this.

- - - Updated - - -

As a fellow ninja player (wanted to unlock machinist but needed to unlock Heavensward exp so pretty much spend most of my time as a ninja) it was a serious issue for me, even on a PC. Basically i was fighting with my hotbars and not with enemies. Bigger global cooldown really helped getting through the chaos but still it was just tiresome on longer play session.

Sadly i think most of the classes are designed this way. Somebody on the dev team think adding complexity is the same as adding depth.
    It gets added to que after 3 months BUT findibg a pug can be as simple as making/joining a party finder

Deleted
    I am in the same shoes, i am thorn with the recent 7.3.5 patch to go return to wow but final fantasy xiv also looks good.
    So how the ffxiv game now ?
    Better then in heavensward, is the new expansion worth picking up ?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Seweryn View Post
    I am in the same shoes, i am thorn with the recent 7.3.5 patch to go return to wow but final fantasy xiv also looks good.
    So how the ffxiv game now ?
    Better then in heavensward, is the new expansion worth picking up ?
    Story alone had me so hyped by the end it was nuts

The class changes i feel mixed about

Overall yeah i feel it is. Pluuus rdm and sam are alot of fun

A problem I find that no one really seems to talk about is the level of cheating that goes on. Balmung gets locked down for 4 months so far while half the server consists of people who bot 24/7 for gil and are able to use that gil to buy houses and resell them for 3x its actual worth. My static team for Deltascape version 1 I left in disgust because 3 members of the team jokingly talk about using a bot to auto rotate their job for them. I cant stand cheating for some reason and FF 14 is the worst in dealing with cheaters minus rmt spam. That is the only thing really combat unless you teleport hack in dungeons.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kiljaedon View Post
    A problem I find that no one really seems to talk about is the level of cheating that goes on. Balmung gets locked down for 4 months so far while half the server consists of people who bot 24/7 for gil and are able to use that gil to buy houses and resell them for 3x its actual worth. My static team for Deltascape version 1 I left in disgust because 3 members of the team jokingly talk about using a bot to auto rotate their job for them. I cant stand cheating for some reason and FF 14 is the worst in dealing with cheaters minus rmt spam. That is the only thing really combat unless you teleport hack in dungeons.
    Wellll housing issue should be fixed soon enough at least.

Quote Originally Posted by Sorrior View Post
    Wellll housing issue should be fixed soon enough at least.
    Issue is this only applies to the new stuff.

Those who already have like 16 houses per server aren't having action taken against them. Although I do remember reading something about "Grandfathering". Whatever that is.

Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    Issue is this only applies to the new stuff.

Those who already have like 16 houses per server aren't having action taken against them. Although I do remember reading something about "Grandfathering". Whatever that is.
    Grandfathering is sometimes used as a term where the new policies don't apply to you because you got into the process/ system/ game/ whatever under the old system and it's rules and since you've done nothing wrong they won't kick you out and force you to abide by the new rules.

Like being able to keep a 10 year old cell phone plan with unlimited everything for $50, when they don't even offer a plan like that anymore, because you've never changed your plan and have been a loyal customer for that time and haven't done anything wrong.

Reduction of lag

Hello,

This post is dedicated for those who suffer from lag and high ping, NoPing is software that greatly optimizes your gameplay.

With unique technology, NoPing Tunnel traces the best route to the server of your favorite online game.

Gaining up to 50% improvement depending on your internet!

Test for 3 days for free, if you register at the link below:

nopi.ng/forum23

Watch the video below with and without NoPing!

In my opinion, both games have their positives and negatives.

WoW has been going on for like 15 years now. The story however started to deteriorate around Cataclysm. Every expansion afterwards was just some BS that occured, some BS solves the issue, no real threat has had a long lasting impression. (Minus the whole, Deathwing coming out of Deepholm and reshaping the world.)

FF14 however has its own story that unfolds as you go on, and it puts the player into the shoes of an actual hero. Unlike WoW where you are suddenly the chosen one like 4-5 expansions in, with no real reason to be, FF establishes that you are the Warrior of Light early on, and embraces this as you continue into the story.

The other thing about WoW is that the world and the story are disconnected. At this point in the game you now go through, Altered Azeroth, Outlands/Northrend in the past, back to Altered Azeroth/Pandaria in the past, the Iron Horde are still invading apparently, to oh no Gul'dan is summoning the Legion, while mind you a couple months ago Argus was floating in the sky for NO REASON. You as a player, if you are a new player for example, would not only witness Argus floating in the air, but later on, relive the event that caused it to appear there. And for some reason Northrend, Outland, and Pandaria, have Argus floating in the sky as well, even though those 3 zones are technically in the past.

FF 14 however, the story is the key part of the game, as you progress this story from start to finish, and (and this is actually a con, not a pro) you need to complete through it entirely, in order to go to the next expansion. Unlike WoW where you can just out level an expansion and just move on.

This is all coming from me playing WoW for the majority of those 15 years, and only played FF for a total of maybe a few months over the 3-4 years its been out. And I hate to say it, but I feel FF is better than WoW to a certain degree.

For one thing, they have alot of things players in WoW have been asking for. Things like player housing, the ability for each character to be different classes, even flying in my opinion is handled much better than its done in WoW. I'm not saying FF is perfect, cause WoW does better things than it, like the GCD, crafting, and the world as a whole has barely any load screens. Each of FF's zones are separated, so you need to zone in to different areas.

Also the developers seem to now be implementing raid encounters from past Final Fantasy games, with the inclusion of bosses like Exdeath, Doomtrain, and Kefka. Only way WoW could compete with that would be if next expansion you got to fight Diablo, or Kerrigan, or the Lost Vikings.

I recently started paying FF14, I was leveling a White mage which takes eternity to kill stuff, I saw a black mage run by and just nuke all the stuff I had trouble with xD.

My main concern is that(and this is why I stopped for this month) is that FF14 has a lot of buttons. For example my white mage has cure 1, cure 2, cure 3(AOE heal), Medica 2(which is an AOE heal with Regen< FF fans should know what regen is.) and then has a system which makes instant heals with long cooldown have a smaller cooldown by using cure 1 but everytime you use cure 1 you have a chance to trigger a free cure 2 which there isn't really a HEY YOU GOT THIS BUFF type of warning which you can set with add ons like in WoW.

All in all what I am saying is that I understand now why Blizz did the ability prune and I wish square does some as well because having too many skills named the same is not fun. Black mage has almost the same problem with fire 1, 2, 3, 4. At least in FF8(7?) it was name fire fira firaja, sounds stupid to some but at least I could more easily tell them apart.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tietoso View Post
    I recently started paying FF14, I was leveling a White mage which takes eternity to kill stuff, I saw a black mage run by and just nuke all the stuff I had trouble with xD.

My main concern is that(and this is why I stopped for this month) is that FF14 has a lot of buttons. For example my white mage has cure 1, cure 2, cure 3(AOE heal), Medica 2(which is an AOE heal with Regen< FF fans should know what regen is.) and then has a system which makes instant heals with long cooldown have a smaller cooldown by using cure 1 but everytime you use cure 1 you have a chance to trigger a free cure 2 which there isn't really a HEY YOU GOT THIS BUFF type of warning which you can set with add ons like in WoW.

All in all what I am saying is that I understand now why Blizz did the ability prune and I wish square does some as well because having too many skills named the same is not fun. Black mage has almost the same problem with fire 1, 2, 3, 4. At least in FF8(7?) it was name fire fira firaja, sounds stupid to some but at least I could more easily tell them apart.
    Lol square did do one. And it's not that bad. Have you tried a controller yet?