Poll: Which class will you ding first?

Page 1 of 8
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Question What will you get to 60 first?

I suppose the post title says it all. Where are you going first, assuming you're like me and #waitingforclassic?

Answers on a postcard.

Priest or Warlock most likely. Tailoring for sure as one of my professions.

5+ Year Old Account
    I am fully intending to get Benediction/Anathema on my UD priest
    Last edited by Soon-TM; 2017-12-30 at 03:04 AM.

mage first, then warrior, then priest, then paladin, then hunter

but definitely mage first so I can feed all my alts with nice greens so leveling doesnt suck for them haha.

Reforged Gone Wrong The Stormbringer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Premium
    Druid, Hunter, or Warlock. Druid because I just really love the class, Hunter or Warlock because having a pet soak damage is incredibly useful.

When launch gets closer and we start getting server forums, I will be looking for a priest to level with my mage. disc/mage leveling allows for MUCH broader aoe farming. mages can only solo farm masses of melee mobs because they can kite them. but with a disc priest. a mage can farm nearly anything. meaning we could go to places that other mages won't be.

Honestly not sure, will need to look up which classes are good at what in whatever iteration of Vanilla they launch with. As much as I love Hunter, I hate leveling with little to no survivability/ self heals and whatnot. Just going by that though, I'd have to say Druid would be my first.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Katchii View Post
    Honestly not sure, will need to look up which classes are good at what in whatever iteration of Vanilla they launch with. As much as I love Hunter, I hate leveling with little to no survivability/ self heals and whatnot. Just going by that though, I'd have to say Druid would be my first.
    Hunters didn't need self heals or survivabilty in vanilla because a hunter with at least half a brain didn't get hit & let his pet tank everything for him.

Quote Originally Posted by The Stormbringer View Post
    Druid, Hunter, or Warlock. Druid because I just really love the class, Hunter or Warlock because having a pet soak damage is incredibly useful.
    I hope you enjoy playing resto druid because they sucked as tanks, sucked as feral (although of the other roles this was the second choice to be), and sucked as balance to the point they were nicknamed oomkins because they were constantly going oom on all boss fights or questing out in the world.

Reforged Gone Wrong The Stormbringer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by gaymer77 View Post
    Hunters didn't need self heals or survivabilty in vanilla because a hunter with at least half a brain didn't get hit & let his pet tank everything for him.

I hope you enjoy playing resto druid because they sucked as tanks, sucked as feral (although of the other roles this was the second choice to be), and sucked as balance to the point they were nicknamed oomkins because they were constantly going oom on all boss fights or questing out in the world.
    I am aware. I played Druid back in Vanilla too, and on a private server a year ago. I honestly don't know if I'll even bother raiding with my druid, but having one to run around the world will be enjoyable. Plus you get Cheetah Form as a speed boost early on.

Priest, because the greatest return for the least amount of effort.

Especially Discipline/Holy Priest.
    Whoever loves let him flourish. / Let him perish who knows not love. / Let him perish twice who forbids love. - Pompeii

10+ Year Old Account
    Deciding between Mage and Hunter, but leaning Mage due to how clunky Hunters are in vanilla, and their relative mediocrity in raid content. It's not uncommon to bring 6+ Mages to a 40man, whereas you're likely only bringing 2-3 Hunters because they have limited utility and slightly less DPS than the top tier classes.

Honestly if I could right-click to auto-shot in vanilla, I'd probably play Hunter anyway. That 1 minor annoyance is enough to turn me off the class.

Paladin (if I even play classic), because it was my main for many years starting in Wotlk, and I want to see how different it was in vanilla.

Quote Originally Posted by Swizzington View Post
    Paladin (if I even play classic), because it was my main for many years starting in Wotlk, and I want to see how different it was in vanilla.
    as long as you know how to heal. I am thinking Hunter>Mage>Rogue.

I don't know how to heal.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nizah View Post
    why so mad bro

Druid.
    Because it is the one of the three classes able to tank and is the class with the least awful playstyle.
    Also because it can do more than just one role.

After the druid, will probably level a Affliction Lock to just farm.
    Last edited by Zulatomten; 2017-12-30 at 04:19 AM.

Really not sure what I’ll be rolling.

I want to say Dwarf Priest because that’s my go to for Vanilla!

But I kinda want to try something different, like maybe a Warrior or a Mage o:

10+ Year Old Account
    I will level an undead mage with tailoring and enchanting and my wife will level a priest with alch and herb or a rogue with skinning and LW.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    I recommend some ice for your feet mate. With the trail of hot takes you're leaving in this thread they must be burning.

Quote Originally Posted by Swizzington View Post
    I at least remember TBC's paladin. Seal and Judgement spamming will make you somewhat hate it. Every judgement consumed the seal, Wrath brought in the needed changes to ret/prot rotation and gearing.

OT: Priest. If I am to play the dreaded Classic I will do so with possibly the hardest one to solo with. I pained through one in tBC as well and fully remember drinking after every trash pull. Pulling more than 2 often time lead to death.
    The wise wolf who's pride is her wisdom isn't so sharp as drunk.

Quote Originally Posted by munkeyinorbit View Post
    as long as you know how to heal. I am thinking Hunter>Mage>Rogue.

I don't know how to heal.
    I have experience healing. BUT, I just remembered, that to be a paladin in vanilla requires me to be alliance. Not sure how I feel about that...I've always been horde!

A Hunter and i will prolly just stick with it cause i sure as shit wont do alts on Classic!

Mage/Lock/Rogue one of them... yep, easy street all the way.