Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    A tactically-retarded old man who almost cost the player any hope of obtaining the Pillar of Creation in Stormheim (seriously, if we didn't stumble ass-first into Odyn we wouldn't have had any idea what the hell to do and would have had no logistical support or backup whatsoever) because he figured a global crisis was a good opportunity to go settle his grudge with Sylvanas, pulling the exact same idiocy Garrosh did in the Twilight Highlands with as much to show for it (namely, his johnson in one hand and a giant military blunder in the other), is not the sort of person I want to hand control of the Alliance's militaries.

edit: Not to say I think Anduin is cut out for the job right now. He definitely needs to learn more before he should be handed the Alliance's armies out of nepotism due to whom his father was. In the interim, that should go to the dwarves (who have a pretty good track record of getting shit done) until such a time as Anduin is able to competently lead the Alliance's forces.
    Last edited by Thage; 2017-12-31 at 02:21 PM.
    Be seeing you guys on Bloodsail Buccaneers NA!

Quote Originally Posted by Thage View Post
    A tactically-retarded old man who almost cost the player any hope of obtaining the Pillar of Creation in Stormheim (seriously, if we didn't stumble ass-first into Odyn we wouldn't have had any idea what the hell to do and would have had no logistical support or backup whatsoever) because he figured a global crisis was a good opportunity to go settle his grudge with Sylvanas, pulling the exact same idiocy Garrosh did in the Twilight Highlands with as much to show for it (namely, his johnson in one hand and a giant military blunder in the other), is not the sort of person I want to hand control of the Alliance's militaries.

edit: Not to say I think Anduin is cut out for the job right now. He definitely needs to learn more before he should be handed the Alliance's armies out of nepotism due to whom his father was. In the interim, that should go to the dwarves (who have a pretty good track record of getting shit done) until such a time as Anduin is able to competently lead the Alliance's forces.
    He literally saved the entire Alliance of what was about to come in BfA after the Legion is dealt with. There is no way Sylvanas would ever lose with a squadron of Val'kyr behind her back.

Quote Originally Posted by united View Post
    sorry to all the anduin lovers, but genn as high king would be 100x better. it would be awesome to have a non mary sue lead the alliance for once, and genn is a selfish mutt that doesn't care about the alliance, which is why he would make a great high king.
    No....go away with the Mary Sue crap. What plot armor has Anduin had?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Magnagarde View Post
    He literally saved the entire Alliance of what was about to come in BfA after the Legion is dealt with. There is no way Sylvanas would ever lose with a squadron of Val'kyr behind her back.
    He could have addressed that after getting Greywatch set up and making sure the hero who was looking for the solution to a massive demon invasion had a supply line and logistical support. At the time, he had no idea what Sylvanas was up to, don't try to justify the fact that the intro to Stormheim was an enormous tactical blunder for the Alliance and proof positive that neither Genn nor Anduin should be responsible for military actions by claiming something that happened later, after we pulled his ass out of the fire and went off to do our jobs while Greymane limped off with his tail between his legs, and only then learned about Sylvanas's plan.

I'd argue she wouldn't have gotten as far as she did if Genn didn't fuck up so badly, lose the Alliance a gunship, and take even longer to get a base of operations set up before looking into her actions in the area.

10+ Year Old Account
    sorry to all the anduin lovers, but genn as high king would be 100x better. it would be awesome to have a non mary sue lead the alliance for once, and genn is a selfish mutt that doesn't care about the alliance, which is why he would make a great high king.
    You got it all wrong: Genn should be dead!
    Fact (because I say so): TBC > Cata > Legion > ShaLa > MoP > DF > BfA > WoD = WotLK

My pet collection --> http://www.warcraftpets.com/collection/FuxieDK/

It certainly didn't save the Scourge.

Honestly, Anduin is fine. He's new in the seat. It's his bloodline. Cant be too mad the guy hasnt ruled the world overnight while Legion is running around, old gods creeping and oh yeah, we did have a AT world Gul'dan running amuck.

Genn doesnt need absolute leadership. He's corrupted by the old gods. I dont even need explain, nor prove it. #cough worgen curse #cough. Fixation on a son that is dead. Who is bent on killing the person, that could technically bring him back if 'she' request it. All he does is whisper in Anduin's ear.

Oh yeah. What would happen to a strong Avatar of the Light, if the Old Gods could turn/trick him. Then they would have both void and light aspects to turn a titan.
    Last edited by Wallmaker Yahzarah; 2017-12-31 at 02:44 PM.
    AMD Build: | CPU: FX-9590 OEM 8-Core(4.7 GHz) Black Edition | GPU: STRIX R9 380 2GB(x1) | Ram: 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR3-1600 Memory
    Main: Samsung 850 500GB | BU: WDC Caviar Blue 2TB(x2) | Power: Corsair CX500 | Mobo: Sabertooth 990FX R2.0 [Old faithful!]

Now my living room center piece and open case HTPC.

You are right about his not caring about the Alliance, and that makes this just seems like it would lead to Garrosh 2.0 which would lead to his death crushing your dreams.

Nah, hes the same as garrosh, when garrosh rose to power he fucked shit up, genn would probably do the same if he became the leader of the alliance

Deleted
    Genn should be put down like the rabid mongrel that he is.

Quote Originally Posted by donmarker View Post
    Genn should be put down like the rabid mongrel that he is.
    i'm also fine with this

Can he then kick out all the other inferior alliance races become a totally not corrupted tentacle monster and a raidboss? Because if yes, I am in!
    "And all those exclamation marks, you notice? Five?
    A sure sign of someone who wears his underpants on his head."

Quote Originally Posted by sweatshopkids View Post
    Feed Genn some chocolate.
    You monster!

high king is a hereditary title of the ruler of Stormwind. the alliance is basically the kingdom of stormworm and its allies. the other races would be lost without humans. as humans are the nucleus of the alliance the king of humans is the leader of the alliance

Deleted
    Brother, I must agree with you. If Lordaeron and Stormwind listened to Greymane then chances are there would be no Horde. If only they could see the light.

He could have addressed that after getting Greywatch set up and making sure the hero who was looking for the solution to a massive demon invasion had a supply line and logistical support. At the time, he had no idea what Sylvanas was up to, don't try to justify the fact that the intro to Stormheim was an enormous tactical blunder for the Alliance and proof positive that neither Genn nor Anduin should be responsible for military actions by claiming something that happened later, after we pulled his ass out of the fire and went off to do our jobs while Greymane limped off with his tail between his legs, and only then learned about Sylvanas's plan.

I'd argue she wouldn't have gotten as far as she did if Genn didn't fuck up so badly, lose the Alliance a gunship, and take even longer to get a base of operations set up before looking into her actions in the area.
    You once again fail to aknowledge what him facing off Sylvanas means for the Alliance in the long run and how his actions saved the Alliance from having to stand against the undead at unbeatable odds. The Alliance is actually indebted to him.

He lost a ship, failed in his attack and kept the player busy fighting Sylvanas' forces for a while there, but all of that paid off for him and the Alliance. His instinctual actions paid off.

He also didn't hinder any anti-Legion efforts because Sylvanas wasn't there to fight the Burning Legion in the first place. It was two racial leaders pursuing their own goals within a larger scheme, with one ultimately saving his entire faction from having to stand against countless Val'kyr and an unstoppable undead force.
    Last edited by Magnagarde; 2017-12-31 at 05:34 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    You once again fail to aknowledge what him facing off Sylvanas means for the Alliance in the long run and how his actions saved the Alliance from having to stand against the undead at unbeatable odds. The Alliance is actually indebted to him.
    I'm saying that a) it doesn't affect the events within the intro. It's post-facto justification, which doesn't work because he had no idea what Sylvanas was up to in the first place, he just went off to attack the Forsaken and left the hero of the Alliance with no backup or logistical support, and b) he could have stopped her faster if he had the gunship (guaranteeing air superiority) and didn't lose a bunch of men and supplies in the crash and initial fallout. "It worked out alright in the end" is the most damning statement you can give a military officer. It means that things worked out in spite of their involvement, not because of it.

He lost a ship, failed in his attack and kept the player busy fighting Sylvanas' forces for a while there, but all of that paid off for him and the Alliance. His instinctual actions paid off.
    He lost a valuable military asset, who knows how many men and supplies, and the hero of the Alliance was left with no support and would have failed their mission if not for Odyn's direct intervention in helping them establish ties with the local vrykul, who did offer support and backup.

He also didn't hinder any anti-Legion efforts because Sylvanas wasn't there to fight the Burning Legion in the first place. It was two racial leaders pursuing their own goals within a larger scheme, with one ultimately saving his entire faction from having to stand against countless Val'kyr and an unstoppable undead force.
    And again, things working out in the end doesn't change the fact that we would have failed to stop the Legion with no idea how to get the Aegis of Aggramar had it not been for outside intervention thanks to Genn's utter failure as a military commander. The last thing anyone should do is trust him to lead an army with his standing record.

I'm saying that a) it doesn't affect the events within the intro. It's post-facto justification, which doesn't work because he had no idea what Sylvanas was up to in the first place
    Actually, they kinda did.Blizzard stated that the order of the zones prior to scaling were Aszuna>Val'shara>Stormheim >Highmountain and one of the quests has this

<... ing Legion repelled from Orgrim...>

<... on the Broken Shore. I have every faith that my crew will bring glory to the forsaken and make the Dark Lady proud. We're half a da...>

<... barely survived. Queen Sylvanas has ordered the fleet to make way for Stormheim. I have a staff meeting with Admiral Harker on the Windrunner in an h...>

<... teresting to be certain. The queen is going to steal the very power of the v... or herself!>

<... separated by a massive storm. I've given the order to batten down the hatches and weather it. There's no sign of the fleet. Once the... [illegible text] ... we'll catch up and rendezvous at the...>
    I agree with most of what you said but the Alliance did knew what they were up to.

Off topic:Happy 2018 everyone.
    Mage Tower Final Result:
    Dk:3/3 Mage:3/3 Mage:3/3 Mage:1/3 Dh:2/2 Warlock:3/3 Hunter: 3/3 Priest:3/3 Paladin:3/3 Warrior: 3/3 Rogue:3/3 Shaman:3/3 Monk:3/3 Druid: 4/4

7+ Year Old Account
    the new dev team do'nt know how the Warchief and high king title work, so, sorry never gonna happen, for then high king means normal king so should be hereditary

he had no idea what Sylvanas was up to in the first place
    Not even the Horde had any idea what Sylvanas was up to lmao. She literally left everyone and vanished to do her own thing and the horde forces that were there (Forsaken mostly) were mostly obsessed with getting to her. Hell she even leaves the Horde player all alone to fend for themselves in Helya's place while she just makes a deal and exits that place the easy way.

He lost a valuable military asset,
    Knowing what Sylvanas was planning to get and potentially use against the Alliance after defeating the legion, and knowing what she has her eyes set on (new book preview) I'd say worth it.

And again, things working out in the end doesn't change the fact that we would have failed to stop the Legion
    with no idea how to get the Aegis of Aggramar had it not been for outside intervention thanks to Genn
    That's just pure speculation of the extremes, you're forgetting Sylvanas did not help either, infact she might've even worsened the relationship of the Horde and Odyn since she made a deal with his worst enemy and tried to imprison and enslave his Val'kyr queen.