Page 9 of 21 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Mokuna View Post
    Just get a guild, 95% of the people caring about M+ score are terrible anyway, most raiders don't want to do M+ that drop nothing interesting for their spec for a virtual score, so all you'll get is heroic heroes trying to find some sort of validation through 5 man content
    This. Being obsessed with scores and ilvls is directly correlated with being bad at the game.

If you're getting declined, its because they don't feel that your character is good enough for their group.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Pratt View Post
    This. Being obsessed with scores and ilvls is directly correlated with being bad at the game.
    Not everyone is interested in weekly raiding where you do the same thing in a predetermined, and done to death thing. X player goes there during that time. Y player goes there during that time. Z players does that. With just a bit of coordination and decency given enough iterations many people could do it.
    Not saying mythic is easy. But watching players do a theater play for hours a night ain't my thing anymore.

"I THINK I DESERVE TO BE IN ANY GROUP I WANT BECAUSE MY ALTS ARE BETTER THAN MOST MAINS" Says salty dude to lazy to form his own groups. There will always be some sort of litmus test people use to gate higher tier content, and it is the group leaders prerogative.
    Use your own keys or deal with the asking reqs, its that simple.
    Honestly the minute you claimed that your alts are better than most mains you outed yourself as being both salty as hell and full of shit. I wouldn't want someone with your attitude in any of my groups but we don't have saltydickhead.io yet so we make do.

Yes this addon is flawed but since you cannae take people on their word and ilvl means precisely fuck all what is the alternative?

Raised my score by 700 points this week in just a few runs. Really wasn't difficult, just took looking up which dungeons I needed and keeping an eye out for opportunities - both with friends and in queue. If you cbb to work on your credentials, just like you would when applying for a position in RL, why complain about strangers who cbb to chat you up and discover what a wonderful person you are? Seems to me the score is partly a test of who is savvy enough to figure out how to make the most of it. If you can't figure out how to raise your score, you might not be good at the game either.
    Last edited by Felfaadaern Darkterror; 2018-01-01 at 06:12 AM.

"I Am Vengeance. I Am The Night. I Am Felfáádaern!"

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Brewmaster Kolee View Post
    Raised my score by 700 points this week in just a few runs. Really wasn't difficult, just took looking up which dungeons I needed and keeping an eye out for opportunities - both with friends and in queue. If you cbb to work on your credentials, just like you would when applying for a position in RL, why complain about strangers who cbb to chat you up and discover what a wonderful person you are? Seems to me the score is partly a test of who is savvy enough to figure out how to make the most of it. If you can't figure out how to raise your score, you might not be good at the game either.
    You should have probably realized by now that common sense and logic do not get the point across, as you are (as I am) active in the threads around this topic here.
    It's like in RL really - the moment you achieve something and start your own company, there are more than enough people to tell YOU whom to hire and why not hire based on your own criteria. More people of colour, more women, more people who sexually identify as Apache helicopters. Screw skills (both technical and social) required to do the job right. Entitlement is more important!

Deleted
    The entire Mythic + system is a steaming pile of garbage, I honestly don't remember the WoW community ever being as toxic as it was since it was implemented.

Quote Originally Posted by johnyderp View Post
    The entire Mythic + system is a steaming pile of garbage, I honestly don't remember the WoW community ever being as toxic as it was since it was implemented.
    I don't see any big difference between getting into M+ now and before. I do 15/16 keys anytime I want and my M+ score is 900 or even maybe less because I cant be bothered to do cancer dungeons.

You are either undergeared or bad if you complain about getting into M+.

Quote Originally Posted by johnyderp View Post
    M+ is the best new addition to WoW since transmog, and the community hasn't changed much since I started playing back in Wrath.

Quote Originally Posted by Brewmaster Kolee View Post
    M+ is the best new addition to WoW since transmog, and the community hasn't changed much since I started playing back in Wrath.
    And the community will probably never change... You will always get these guys spouting nonsense, complaining about stupid stuff when they can't be assed with making an effort towards anything.
    And there will always be these guys, who tell them what they can or should do, but it will usually fall on deff ears.

These arguements cannot be won, but it is nice that you still try...

Madness will consume you!!!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by killwithpwr View Post
    And the community will probably never change... You will always get these guys spouting nonsense, complaining about stupid stuff when they can't be assed with making an effort towards anything.
    And there will always be these guys, who tell them what they can or should do, but it will usually fall on deff ears.

These arguements cannot be won, but it is nice that you still try...
    Indeed!/chars

Quote Originally Posted by thazig View Post
    Only thing that aggravates me is I can "1 chest" an 18-19 of a dungeon and never get any score from it, but I can "3 chest" an 8-9 and get around 90-100 points on this crap lol.
    I missed the timer on an 18 (we were 5 tanking it at 5am) and still got a higher score than any 8 or 9 I've ever run, so I strongly suspect you are exaggerating.

You can get no score from dungeon if every member is from high-ranking realm. E.g. timed 20 run with all 5 people from kazzak EU will give you 0 points now, while 15 run on Alonsus will give you points.

On topic: we mostly use raider.io score to pug semi-high keys when we are missing 1-2 people. If not for raider.io we would probably set gear requirement to 965 (instead of 955) in hopes of getting better players. Now I prefer 955 person with 18 as their highest key to a person with 965 gear who only does 15s.

I would like for blizzard to expand realm leaderboard size tho so people from high pop realms could get their score up more easily instead of relying on getting keys done early in the week or taking people from low pop realms.

Quote Originally Posted by Shakou View Post
    This addon and it's purpose is pure bullshit. I get insta invites to any group on my current main and it wasn't even my main at all for most of the expansion and I have been pushing high keys since anyone was, but for this patch and last patch this is the only toon I was pushing any serious keys on. This patch? Suddenly everyone and their mother has that stupid raider.io app, before I would get invited to 15's with no issue on all of my toons, now? I'm getting declined so often it's disgusting.

I don't want to do keys I don't need anymore, esp on my alts. It's understandable I only want to do keys where I can actually get the best drops for my class as far as my alts go, and it is not as if I am signing up for keystone's for lvls I have not already completed on time this patch. I know I'm not the only one that has this issue.

When gearscore became problematic Blizzard did not hesitate to remove it's functionality, they should do the same with raider.io. The thing just keeps people from being able to functionally play the game.
    As u have stated in another comment that ur main is 2K+ , i am sure u would be part of some dedicated guild who does both Mythic raid and M+ keys. Why not make group with them ???? . If u are not part of a guild u can easily look for players pushing for higher m+ key in various wow forum(example -wowprogress).
    It is the grp lead business as how he/she want to run a grp , if u don't like it , then don't join it. It is not like blizz is forcing u to pug for m+keys.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by MrDaemon View Post
    I don't see any big difference between getting into M+ now and before. I do 15/16 keys anytime I want and my M+ score is 900 or even maybe less because I cant be bothered to do cancer dungeons.

You are either undergeared or bad if you complain about getting into M+.
    Or a shadow priest. With 2k MS and 965 on bags, I still get auto-declined rather often.

Quote Originally Posted by Sendai View Post
    Or a shadow priest. With 2k MS and 965 on bags, I still get auto-declined rather often.
    2K and 965 is decidedly average, though. 970+ gear is more rare, but 965 is super common due to the first 5 mythic bosses being freebies, so there's a dime a dozen dps. ofc they won't want a shadow priest, because people don't get that they can do OK in m+ now. That's not an issue with the addon, though.

Quote Originally Posted by Dracodraco View Post
    2K and 965 is decidedly average, though. 970+ gear is more rare, but 965 is super common due to the first 5 mythic bosses being freebies, so there's a dime a dozen dps. ofc they won't want a shadow priest, because people don't get that they can do OK in m+ now. That's not an issue with the addon, though.
    lol ~1480 kills for 5/11 means 965 super common? you have touched the asyntote of the hyperbole

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Twdft View Post
    The problem with negative tools is, that your "monkeys and pri*ks" use them too.
    you're allowed to swear on the internet

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sendai View Post
    Probably because shadow priest is awful in m+ and any other ranged would be preferable. The only shadow priest I bring along is a guildie, I would never pug one.

I use raider.io's website to see if the person has experience in the mythic i'm looking to pug for; I dont use the addon. Don't really care if you've done a +15 in Eye if I'm not doing Eye.

If I'm pugging for an 18 VoW, I'm going to look at each applicant's highest key completed in VoW, how many times they've done it, and whether or not they beat the timer by 2 or 3 or just 1.

It's not me being elitist, it's me trying to find someone with as much experience as I do. /shrug