Page 1 of 8
... LastLast

Cloverfield 3 'God Particle' releases in 1 month.

And I dont know whether to be really, excited or really concerned.

Its either whats J.J. Abrams does best with his love for limited marketing for a higher payoff or that the couple pushbacks on its release date and distribution company lack of marketing a sign that they have little to no hope from early screenings.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2548396/?ref_=nv_sr_2

update: release date has been pushed back again
    Last edited by Nanaboostme; 2018-01-03 at 08:54 PM.

Gooodman got fucking robbed of the oscar from the last cloverfield.

10+ Year Old Account
    Is this an actual Cloverfield sequel this time or another completely unrelated movie with Cloverfield slapped onto it at the last min. to increase ticket sales like last time?

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Skizzit View Post
    Is this an actual Cloverfield sequel this time or another completely unrelated movie with Cloverfield slapped onto it at the last min. to increase ticket sales like last time?
    the second one was related to the first one. but yeah this is the 3rd movie

Quote Originally Posted by MrLachyG View Post
    It was related because they slapped on the Cloverfield stuff and name last minute to increase ticked sales, yes. The actual script for the movie was called The Cellar and was completely original and unrelated to it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Thrif View Post
    It was related because they slapped on the Cloverfield stuff and name last minute to increase ticked sales, yes. The actual script for the movie was called The Cellar and was completely original and unrelated to it.
    I'm not sure how "Bought the original script and spent nearly 3 years adjusting it" is the same as "Slapped stuff and name last minute"
    Gaming: Dual Intel Pentium III Coppermine @ 1400mhz + Blue Orb | Asus CUV266-D | GeForce 2 Ti + ZF700-Cu | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 | Whistler Build 2267
    Media: Dual Intel Drake Xeon @ 600mhz | Intel Marlinspike MS440GX | Matrox G440 | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 @ 166mhz | Windows 2000 Pro

IT'S ALWAYS BEEN WANKERSHIM | Did you mean: Fhqwhgads
    "Three days on a tree. Hardly enough time for a prelude. When it came to visiting agony, the Romans were hobbyists." -Mab

Mechagnome
    7+ Year Old Account
    there was a cloverfield 2?? how'd i miss that damn.
    Ily mmoc

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Talsar View Post
    Didn't know it too lol not even about the 3rd now

Quote Originally Posted by clinophobia View Post
    Didn't know it too lol not even about the 3rd now
    its not a direct sequel. its more in the same universe. But doesnt feature any of the characters or creatures from the first one.

Deleted
    The Cloverfields are intended to be an extended universe where each film plays in the same universe, but with another theme.

The third part will again be something standalone in the universe of Cloverfield.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by chazus View Post
    I'm not sure how "Bought the original script and spent nearly 3 years adjusting it" is the same as "Slapped stuff and name last minute"
    I guess it's the difference between writing a script with the intent of it being a sequel vs. buying a completed and unrelated script and turning it into a sequel. To be fair, this isn't the first movie to do so. If I remember correctly, Die Hard 2 was the same.

Quote Originally Posted by Talsar View Post
    IMO it's a far better movie than the original Cloverfield.

I hope this movie explains better what the hell is going on

Scarab Lord Triggered Fridgekin's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rhlor View Post
    I hope this movie explains better what the hell is going on
    Personally, I prefer films which rely on the "show, don't tell" approach. It boxes you in, takes away from the mythos, removes the mystery and ruins the imagination especially if they get it wrong. That's not to say there isn't room for exposition but when you watch a movie by, say, Jeremy Saulnier you'll come to find that more can be said by saying nothing at all if effort is put in.

I don't consider myself a film snob but I'd rather the director approach their film by using the strengths of a visual medium to develop a story rather than have some boring scientist rattle off an explanation to make sure everyone gets it.
    A soldier will fight long and hard for a bit of colored ribbon.

based on how littles is known be interesting to see if this almost a prequel type where it explains how the monsters of the other 2 came to be in our world
    Member: Dragon Flight Alpha Club, Member since 7/20/22

Really enjoyed the first one, second one i cant really remember have to check it out again but Goodman is always good.

Quote Originally Posted by Triggered Fridgekin View Post
    Personally, I prefer films which rely on the "show, don't tell" approach. It boxes you in, takes away from the mythos, removes the mystery and ruins the imagination especially if they get it wrong. That's not to say there isn't room for exposition but when you watch a movie by, say, Jeremy Saulnier you'll come to find that more can be said by saying nothing at all if effort is put in.

I don't consider myself a film snob but I'd rather the director approach their film by using the strengths of a visual medium to develop a story rather than have some boring scientist rattle off an explanation to make sure everyone gets it.
    I want to know what happens is an invasion of intelligent beings the bio ship of the second film confirms it.

But where do they come from ??

Quote Originally Posted by MrLachyG View Post
    Yeah it was because they wanted it to be. But by story it was not....1 was about a monster like godzilla under the sea awoken by a company ( oil) wrecking NY, while shaky cam ( i hate those movies)idiots run around NY. 2 was about aliens and a cellar filmed as normal movie.

I admit I like the 2nd movie better ("10 Cloverfield Lane").
    It helped that there wasn't any shaky cam stuff. And I was always fond of both John Goodman and Mary Elizabeth Winstead.

2ndfilm was indeed incredible.

Quote Originally Posted by baskev View Post
    Yeah it was because they wanted it to be. But by story it was not....1 was about a monster like godzilla under the sea awoken by a company ( oil) wrecking NY, while shaky cam ( i hate those movies)idiots run around NY. 2 was about aliens and a cellar filmed as normal movie.
    it's called "found footage"
    shaky cam is not exactly the same thing, they just overlap usually