Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    Nothing really to be interested about. People wanted High Elves like Alleria, and got what seems to be emo elves?`With some sort of transformation method like Worgen. That is one of the reasons there is grumpy people.
    I think the real issue is people need to grow up and drop the whole shadowy/dark = emo correlation. Death knights came out, people went 'look at the emos'. Demon hunters came out, people went 'look at the emos'. People seem to have two modes. Either it's emo, or it's childish.
    The most difficult thing to do is accept that there is nothing wrong with things you don't like and accept that people can like things you don't.

Quote Originally Posted by John back View Post
    No I think it really is the void is evil.
    I wonder why people are so bent out of shape with this void is evil. The entirety of the 1000 years of war story and the quest in
    Mac'Aree are kinda setting us up to see that the void isn't evil, and the light isn't good, they are both opposing forces and blind dedication to either is a bad thing. It was shown in alleria's visions that the truth can only be seen by harnessing both the light and the void.

The lore behind them isn't all there, at least on how and where we recruit them. I like it, but it could be deeper. They still need some work, honestly.

I don't know. On the one hand the racials indicate that Blizzard intends them to be the ultimate caster race, which will by default lead to a huge number of especially mage and priest void elves, pushback immunity is a huge quality of life improvement in all settings for those classes. Warlocks would also benefit enormously from pushback immunity channeling drain soul in PvP, not to mention the blink racial which would literally double their mobility (<- this is a joke).

On the other hand it does seem like Blizzard is taking the piss out of the people that have been wanting to play a high elf. If that void form passive procs constantly, I don't know how many people are willing to look like a shadow priest every so often. Imagine a fire mage in full fire themed transmog occasionally going into shadow form. It's weird and I am not sure who that would appeal to other than actual shadow priests.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by cparle87 View Post
    I think the real issue is people need to grow up and drop the whole shadowy/dark = emo correlation. Death knights came out, people went 'look at the emos'. Demon hunters came out, people went 'look at the emos'. People seem to have two modes. Either it's emo, or it's childish.
    In a way, I have to agree. Which is why some of my favorite races are Tauren and Pandaren ^^
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by united View Post
    your reading comprehension is awful.

if alliance got VOID elves, but they had the option to look like high elves, nobody would complain. I’m essentially saying that people bitch about void elves because they aren’t white supermodels.
    I did notice that your butthurt is strong enough you just can't allow a simple fact stay expressed in human terms and find yourself completely unable to avoid switching from English to SJWs. Don't worry, you can keep repeating your babble though, it's not like the number make much of a difference here.

Ion stated that High Elves are already in the game, as Void Elves and Blood Elves are flavors of High Elves. Case closed.

I feel like this minority of haters despises Void Elves only because the concept of 'Void Elves' defies the norm and is a unique idea that no one could have foreseen (although it was foreshadowed by High Astromancer Solarian in TBC and by Alleria in Legion).

It doesn't matter. Void Elves will become playable in the next expansion and will play a role. No one can touch them.
    The Void. A force of infinite hunger. Its whispers have broken the will of dragons... and lured even the titans' own children into madness. Sages and scholars fear the Void. But we understand a truth they do not. That the Void is a power to be harnessed... to be bent by a will strong enough to command it. The Void has shaped us... changed us. But you will become its master. Wield the shadows as a weapon to save our world... and defend the Alliance!

Quote Originally Posted by urieliszcze View Post
    I did notice that your butthurt is strong enough you just can't allow a simple fact stay expressed in human terms and find yourself completely unable to avoid switching from English to SJWs. Don't worry, you can keep repeating your babble though, it's not like the number make much of a difference here.
    lol. if void elves had white skin and blonde hair people wouldn’t be complaining. that’s just a fact. to call anyone that mentions this a “sjw” is dumb

Deleted
    people bitch about void elves because they aren’t white supermodels.
    that’s just a fact. to call anyone that mentions this a “sjw” is dumb
    Nice one. Good example of "logic" <3

lol. if void elves had white skin and blonde hair people wouldn’t be complaining. that’s just a fact. to call anyone that mentions this a “sjw” is dumb
    You are in essence calling these people racists, but you haven't supplied any data to back your claim that it's a fact. That leans you heavily towards the SJW camp.

I really don't get the love affair "some" people have with high elves. I like my women blueish purple, so I'm butthurt we didn't get the nightborne.

Quote Originally Posted by Mad_Murdock View Post
    You are in essence calling these people racists, but you haven't supplied any data to back your claim that it's a fact. That leans you heavily towards the SJW camp.

I really don't get the love affair "some" people have with high elves. I like my women Blueish purple, so I'm butthurt we didn't get the nightborne.
    i didn’t call anyone racist. stop looking for reasons to be offended

people see:

Void = evil

even though there are enough examples of Shadow, Death and other such magic not being used for evil. It's general ignorance of lore and magic schools really. Something Blizzard could improve by explaining more about Void magic in their storyline.

i didn’t call anyone racist. stop looking for reasons to be offended
    Where did I say\imply I was offended? I don't want high elves. I'm just trying to help you see why you are getting labeled a SJW.

Deleted
    lol what the hell are you talking about. Most people are excited about Void elves.

Quote Originally Posted by Mad_Murdock View Post
    Where did I say\imply I was offended? I don't want high elves. I'm just trying to help you see why you are getting labeled a SJW.
    no, i’m getting labeled an sjw because anyone who has a different opinion is alien to people like you and him.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Saar View Post
    lol what the hell are you talking about. Most people are excited about Void elves.
    you haven’t been paying attention then

Deleted
    no, i’m getting labeled an sjw because anyone who has a different opinion is alien to people like you and him.

- - - Updated - - -

you haven’t been paying attention then
    Well... There is always going to be some sceptics, but according to some polls they seem pretty popular.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Cazz17 View Post
    i r8 8/8 gr8 b8
    you forgot "m8" at the end

- - - Updated - - -

If they announced void elves and looked like alleria: white, blonde, blue eyes... no one would be complaining about not having having high elves. Frankly this is quite disturbing. Since void elves are dark, “everyone” hates them. But if they were blonde blue eyed supermodels they would be everyone’s favorite race.

You're right I don't like these "dark individuals" in my alliance, better force them out before any trouble follows xd

I think it's a bit of both to be honest.

First and foremost people have been wanting to play as High Elves since 2004 when World of Warcraft launched, so when Blizzard turns around, all the way now in 2018 we have yet another opportunity to have new playable races and new playable elves and they're not High Elves, people are going to complain and I feel that's where most of their negative responses to Void Elves come from. However, it is natural for humans to be attracted to lighter skin tones then to darker ones. World of Warcraft is not only for the US, Canada, and Europe but also Asia as well; and asians absolutely love playing characters with lighter skin tones then darker skin tones, I mean South Koreans get plastic surgery when they're 16 so they have western eyes instead of eastern eyes.

However, personally, I find it disheartening how much Blizzard has made it so really darker skin tones are attributed to corruption, evil, or negative intent and lighter skin tones are for purity, good, and positive intents (just look at Lightforged Draenei and Void Elves). I mean realistically in lore, there shouldn't even be a black/brown choice for human males, let alone the tanned white skin tone for human woman. All humans in WoW are based off of the Vrkyul heritage, corrupted by the Old Gods, so realistically black, asian, and overall minorities shouldn't even exist in WoW. Gnomes, Dwarves, and other humanoid-like races don't even have a black/brown/tank skin tone at all; we'll have Dark Iron Dwarves but again Dark Iron Dwarves have been portrayed as a Evil Faction for quite sometime in WoW up until a few years ago with the new plot.

If they announced void elves and looked like alleria: white, blonde, blue eyes... no one would be complaining about not having having high elves. Frankly this is quite disturbing. Since void elves are dark, “everyone” hates them. But if they were blonde blue eyed supermodels they would be everyone’s favorite race.
    I approve of this bait op.

Great success
    Resident BM Asshole