Page 1 of 2
LastLast

UH vs Frost for mythic+ only

I havent been keeping up with patch notes at all like the past 6 months, for strictly mythic 10+ without any tier sets or raiding gear, which spec is doing better? have 950 ilvl for both specs, ive been playing unholy but it seems like frost is doing better than i am with similar gear. Maybe ive just started to suck at the game.

Deleted
    Frost is way ahead in M+

Unholy can be good for tyrannical, but frost isn't much worse there and trounces unholy on trash.

15+ Year Old Account
    Frost doesn't have that 10 minute ramp up and 15 point checklist you have to go through before you can start dealing good damage, so you can imagine why it's preferred in Mythic+, not to mention the stuns it brings.

I was using Frostscythe+GS setup with the ring and you maintain 2mil just spamming Frostscythe. I don't think I've ever had that much fun DPSing a dungeon.

It depends more on the pulls / dungeon / affixes, but Frost with FSc spam is clearly easier to use in every group setup.

Just imagine how frustrating the typical LOWR karazhan trash till attumen must be for SUB or ARMS when the tank just chain pulls pack after pack, while the frost DK happy spamming his FSc key to victory.

Unholy can be fun with a blood-dk tank. The generic DH-tank or druid-tanks with endless bleedkiting and the dependence on range DPS to finish of the mobs is just cancer for unholy.
    -

yeah i figured frost was better for trash but i wanted to make sure.

doesnt help that my legendaries are garbage and i havent gotten a new one in 3 months now

10+ Year Old Account
    Unholy is just bad whenever the tank has to kite, otherwise it's ok. Frost beats it on all fronts except mobility right now, utility and damage are pretty good.

You basically only need bracers, then either belt or chest. The ring is not that important anymore, GS on its own without FSC is quite strong even for aoe, and FSC is hugely lacking on single target compared to GS with the other 2 legendaries I mentioned.

Quote Originally Posted by Gorehowl View Post
    yeah i figured frost was better for trash but i wanted to make sure.

doesnt help that my legendaries are garbage and i havent gotten a new one in 3 months now
    Really hard to believe or you just do pet battles and herb gathering the whole time.

1 lego/week is more or less the average if you do legendary content at all.

26+13
    Last edited by Ange; 2018-01-02 at 02:21 PM.
    -

Prior to T21 i used to run a pure ST DA spec in unholy. We had other classes more suited for Aoe so my task was to burst on the boss. Now im using frost for mythic pluses because its edged forward (for my gear anyway).

Better question is are there any good aoe trinkets for frost. Everything ive tried so far has been garbage and i never got a set of mythic glaives on my DK. Right now im just using a 940 PvP mastery stat stick and Cradle.

Quote Originally Posted by Ange View Post
    Really hard to believe or you just do pet battles and herb gathering the whole time.

1 lego/week is more or less the average if you do legendary content at all.

26+13
    believe it.

my 3 legendaries are kiljaedens trinket, cold heart and uvanimor ring. Ive been playing legion since day 1 and have been doing legendary content every week.

believe it.

my 3 legendaries are kiljaedens trinket, cold heart and uvanimor ring. Ive been playing legion since day 1 and have been doing legendary content every week.
    Link your character, so we can verify this claim, because it's simply not true. There is no way that you are consistently doing content at all, to only have 3 Legendaries, playing since Day 1 of Legion.

I did a random check on wowprogress for "Gorehowl", just in case your DK's name was the same as your MMO username, but they aren't you.

believe it.

Really doubt it.
    Let's say you're only doing the "bare minimum" of legendary content a week. That's a full clear of 1 raid in either LFR or normal, a few emissaries (let's say 3 in a week) and MAYBE one single m+ run. That alone guarantees at least 1 legendary a month, but I'm guessing more.
    You can't tell me you've cleared months of heroic/mythic + dungeons, months of EN, ToV, NH, ToS AAAAND Antorus, not to mention all the rare kills, argus invasion points (both minor and major), emissaries, the occasional rated arena/rated bg if you do those AND mythic+ caches and still only have 3 legendaries across all specs.
    Unless your character is like, super bugged or some shit which i doubt.
    Last edited by Cariboulou; 2018-01-02 at 09:27 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ninji
    "lets loose quik" is the only alliance pride I am aware of

10+ Year Old Account
    It's almost a guaranteed drop after doing all lfr/normal/heroic raids once a week. Emissaries also help.

7+ Year Old Account
    I still say they ninja upped the drop rate on leggos. Got another this not ing 5 min before reset in a random chest on Argus. That's the 7th since 7.3 and number 24. The blood shoulders no less too!! Last week was blood bracers. Only missing rattlegores and archimondes to have every one for all 3 specs.
    Percocetz Aeirie Peak Alliance- because im a F'n WEREWOLF!
    Filthy Casual

15+ Year Old Account
    I don't have a single Frost leg, gunning for one hard. I swap out Insignia and Sephuz with trash packs, Soul as the other. I'm still pulling decent numbers and having a blast.

I hope I get chest or bracers.

believe it.

There is no way that is possible. What is this 'legendary content' you're doing? I am super casual, and see a legendary drop every 3rd week or so. I hardly raid, almost never do any m+, too lazy to do emissaries. And still I get a legendary like every 3rd week whenever I decide to do a normal clear, chill in LFR or join friends on some M+.

Heck, just running around opening treasures would have given you more legendaries by now.
    Quote Originally Posted by atenime45 View Post
    The 10% reward. It's was unspoken rule that you DONT attack other faction so everyone could enjoy the 10% reward. But now no one cares about that anymore

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Feederino Senpai View Post
    There is no way that is possible. What is this 'legendary content' you're doing? I am super casual, and see a legendary drop every 3rd week or so. I hardly raid, almost never do any m+, too lazy to do emissaries. And still I get a legendary like every 3rd week whenever I decide to do a normal clear, chill in LFR or join friends on some M+.

Heck, just running around opening treasures would have given you more legendaries by now.
    I don't believe him either. There is no way. I can't stop getting them. 2 to go then the random class ones start to come

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by msdos View Post
    I don't have a single Frost leg, gunning for one hard. I swap out Insignia and Sephuz with trash packs, Soul as the other. I'm still pulling decent numbers and having a blast.

I hope I get chest or bracers.
    Dude Sephuz is the shit. It's amazing on high command M. Constantly giving myself a mini lust on CD. Just grip something!! Lol
    Percocetz Aeirie Peak Alliance- because im a F'n WEREWOLF!
    Filthy Casual

believe it.

very hard to believe if you have been playing since launch been doing subsequent legendary farm content and dont have all the DK legendaries + bonus class ones by now. back when the nether portal farm was a thing you could get 2 legendaries in 3 days and atleast 1 per building was garaunteed if u did 50 portals a day (1 hr in a group).

Like people already said, Frost is just so much better for M+: Way more fun, easier and efficient than Unholy. Basicaly, you have PoF on every trashpacks and Sindragosa on a less than 3 min cooldown if you swap your gear correctly. You are always ready to do heavy dmg, you never feel weak.

Unholy is very fun in raid encounter settings imo, but it is just SO FRUSTRATING in M+ for AOE because you have to setup your AOE, ramp it up, then burst during the DND period. If your tank need to move away from your DND, you are screwed. And the T20/T21 is just completely worthless in AOE situations, while as frost the T21 2P give you a straight +15% dmg on 2 AOE abilites.

So yeah, Frost all the way.