Page 19 of 21 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    If you think that M+ score is a valid representation of a player's skill you're fucking delusional. Many skilled players simply don't give a fuck about wasting time with cancer dgs on high key/shit affixes and second, if you're gonna have any kind of expectation off somebody else's performance in this game then you're gonna have a bad time.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by emedia View Post
    If you think that M+ score is a valid representation of a player's skill you're fucking delusional. Many skilled players simply don't give a fuck about wasting time with cancer dgs on high key/shit affixes and second, if you're gonna have any kind of expectation off somebody else's performance in this game then you're gonna have a bad time.
    First: If you are a really good player and do high keys but missing some dungeons, you have no problem. There are 13 dungeons right now. You can do all on 22 but you are skipping 4 because you hate them. Thats around 1980 score. You will get your weekly keys easy. If you are skipping only two you are at 2420 and thus in the top 10% of the player base. If you can run all on 20 but decide to skip the four hated dungeons and only do them on 15, because no dungeon is a problem at 15 you are at 2400. So only skipping some dungeons lowers your score, but not to rock bottom. Look at Merph: https://www.wowprogress.com/characte...lackhand/Merph 2338 without ever stepping foot into BRH and only 5 dungeons above 20. So even if you skip, you can raise your score.
    @Second: Thats right, but you can choose to fly completely blind or check some basic points. People will always disappoint you.

And there is another thing about score. I tend to build my groups with "doing multiple keys" in the description. People with higher score seem to enjoy mythic+ more and tend to stay more often for another key then people with a low score. Thats a plus too.

7+ Year Old Account
    Yes m+ score is bullshit. I've seen plenty of idiots with a high score, which sucks ass at this game. So yes...hopefully they'll remove this crap....

Quote Originally Posted by Vluffyvlaush View Post
    First: If you are a really good player and do high keys but missing some dungeons, you have no problem. There are 13 dungeons right now. You can do all on 22 but you are skipping 4 because you hate them. Thats around 1980 score. You will get your weekly keys easy. If you are skipping only two you are at 2420 and thus in the top 10% of the player base. If you can run all on 20 but decide to skip the four hated dungeons and only do them on 15, because no dungeon is a problem at 15 you are at 2400. So only skipping some dungeons lowers your score, but not to rock bottom. Look at Merph: https://www.wowprogress.com/characte...lackhand/Merph 2338 without ever stepping foot into BRH and only 5 dungeons above 20. So even if you skip, you can raise your score.
    @Second: Thats right, but you can choose to fly completely blind or check some basic points. People will always disappoint you.

And there is another thing about score. I tend to build my groups with "doing multiple keys" in the description. People with higher score seem to enjoy mythic+ more and tend to stay more often for another key then people with a low score. Thats a plus too.
    Woa no shit sherlock, so you're telling me good players would have an easy time getting a good score and even getting their weekly key done? Absolutely mindblowing! Nice reading comprehension right there, my argument had nothing to do with any of your points.

Damn how can people still be arguing on this.

If you want cap you don't need a score most groups will take decent geared people with 15 in time achievement its fairly easy. Now if you want to do 17/18+ keys then i'd rather take someone with high mythic score to prove they do these high key consistently than someone who just does weekly regardless of their gear/raid achievements.

You are dumb af if you think M+ is a measure of skill, it is not , it's a measure of dedication to do these high keys and knowledge of each affix and how to deal with them each week at high levels.

If im doing high keys i do not give two shits even if your top 10 guild but do 15 key at best if i'm doing 20+ . DPS you can make exceptions for but i know plenty who cant comprehend that you cant overlap and dr stuns fast and interrupt first dumb shit you see, as for tanks/healer it is important to have one who knows their shit for a fast smooth run.

The only time mythic score even comes to play is if you want to push high keys which im sure isn't the case for most people complaining here.
    Last edited by chocbear; 2018-01-02 at 04:39 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by keedorin View Post
    I just came back from a break. There was nothing wrong with LFG for M+ without raider.io. It was so easy to do a 15+ back then. Now, I have to pad my m+ "score" just so that I can get into groups. It's funny how people just ignore and kind of other achievements and your ilvl when it comes to 15+....
    Just because nobody seems to realize this: m+ score has existed for the entirety of m+. Wowprogress had it available from the beginning. Raider.io just made a better version. People just started caring more and becoming more picky because the interest in m+ skyrocketed over the last couple seasons.

Retired Shaman
    Signature by Winter Blossom

Quote Originally Posted by hambanner View Post
    ^^ Speshul snowflake is speshul ^^
    Too bad nobody gives a shit about how speshul you feel
    Let me change that, Easy to trigger clueless player is easy to trigger AND clueless lol.

Deleted
    I'm a healer and I'd love to do higher M+ keys (18+), because I find it fun and challenging. But with my M+ score of around 1.9k, the highest I've ever got invited to is +17 and that only once, because it was in the middle of the night. I had no problem healing it and we 2 chested it. Still no one invited me to higher keys since, with a score below 2k.
    I have no idea how I could take the leap to 18+ keys. My guild already has M+ teams, so I have to pug everything. Getting your score up solely through pugs is insanely hard. I still need a decent score for Seat, barely made a +13 in time there, because people didn't play boss mechanics and there was nothing I could do as a healer.

Another problem is, that high M+ groups often want specifically a druid or a paladin as a healer and I'm a shaman. Looking at the score boards on wowprogress, indeed 90% of the top healers are either druid or paladin, I guess that's where those groups get the idea from, even though I doubt it matters much in keys below 20.
    Well, at least I find groups for the weekly chest, although competition for the slots is getting steeper with every week there, too.

Quote Originally Posted by RennacUnF View Post
    M+ score is not a measure of a players skill.
    Well have you got a better way to maxmize your chance at succeding with a grp of randoms?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Lunahh View Post
    I'm a healer and I'd love to do higher M+ keys (18+), because I find it fun and challenging. But with my M+ score of around 1.9k, the highest I've ever got invited to is +17 and that only once, because it was in the middle of the night. I had no problem healing it and we 2 chested it. Still no one invited me to higher keys since, with a score below 2k.
    I have no idea how I could take the leap to 18+ keys. My guild already has M+ teams, so I have to pug everything..
    Cant you push your own key? But yeah i find i get into grps easier late night/early mornings. Prime time i can just imagine the wait list is like super long

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by xcess View Post

Cant you push your own key? But yeah i find i get into grps easier late night/early mornings. Prime time i can just imagine the wait list is like super long
    I tried, but I've been getting bad keys for a whole month now. Only upper and lower kara and seat. Upper kara in theory isn't hard, but I had so much bad experience in that dungeon, that I don't want to pug it anymore. People moving with the flame wreath, falling off the platforms at the endboss, dying 3x at the chess event...deaths and wipes that I can't even save with cds as a healer, it's frustrating.. I guess full 2k+ score groups don't have those kinda people in it, but I can't get into those and I also don't want to ask for a score that I don't have myself, when building a group.

Now if I got an NL, CoS or sought after Maw key (or really any key besides kara and seat), I'd definitely push it. Maybe I'll have one in my cache today..

Deleted
    I find that m+ score is only a basic guidance.
    Yes, I have the raider.io. adoon when I am building a grp or looking for people, and I definitely WILL take the guy with a score of 2k+ and 50 or more 15s in time. Even when the guy has a lower ilvl than someone else in the queue.
    But I myself am just starting to increase my score, I am playing 3 chars m+ every week (at least 18+ with each) and I ran a +20 in time last week with my druid tank who has (according to the raider.io) a score of like 500 and 3 or so in time +15). Only because I havent played with this char very much this season but I STILL know how to play the bosses through experience with my other chars.

Even my best char has only 1,7k rating or so, because most of my runs are done late in the week and thats why they dont make the rankings, even when I do 16 or 17 while pushing, sometimes they dont make the list on my server. And I ran instances with 2,5k ppl and I still beat their asses in overall dmg (ele shaman in m+ <3).

It's bursting skittish tyrannical week.
    Now watch all the' Mythic raiders' cursing the healer when they repeatedly go ham on 10 mobs without staggering the kills, curse on the tank when they refuse to stop tunneling dps on a target to drop aggro, and curse the whole group as they refuse to don a Prydaz and stack avoidance/versatility and get oneshot by the boss' AoE dmg.
    For a cherry on top watch them link the dmg meter before dropping group.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by HuxNeva View Post
    It's bursting skittish tyrannical week.
    Now watch all the' Mythic raiders' cursing the healer when they repeatedly go ham on 10 mobs without staggering the kills, curse on the tank when they refuse to stop tunneling dps on a target to drop aggro, and curse the whole group as they refuse to don a Prydaz and stack avoidance/versatility and get oneshot by the boss' AoE dmg.
    For a cherry on top watch them link the dmg meter before dropping group.

Especially after the last week, I am looking forward to even more drama here in all the m+, score and similar topics.

Every time I create a group, and take people with "limited" experience (aka, no 15s for this char, grey rating, etc) but a correct ilvl, it result to a downgrade of the key.
    Each time I take people with experience (~1700-2000 score), the run is going smoothly.

Of course, there's exception. I've met some people with no experience doing the mechanics well, and people with 2500 doing shit (hello dear mage pulling everything with dragonbreath legendary). But that's not the norm.

So yeah, I'll use those addons/ratings, and do my best to upgrade mine. Also, it give me a goal in game, outside the gearing. Since I don't raid, I found this score a nice way to make progress with my character in a way that reflect the experience in the game.

Quote Originally Posted by emedia View Post
    So the alternative you are suggesting is what... set to auto accept since there's no way to know? Realistically, what do you use? A 10 step interview process? Chinese fortune cookies?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Felkor View Post
    Of course, there's exception. I've met some people with no experience doing the mechanics well, and people with 2500 doing shit (hello dear mage pulling everything with dragonbreath legendary). But that's not the norm.
    Sometimes the good players and bad players are the same players just on different days. Before and after coffee, with or without sleep... Get me at 10pm with a full pot of coffee in my system and I'll rock the joint. Catch me at 6am with my eyes crossing and I might forget which instance we're in.

Quote Originally Posted by Felkor View Post
    So yeah, I'll use those addons/ratings, and do my best to upgrade mine. Also, it give me a goal in game, outside the gearing. Since I don't raid, I found this score a nice way to make progress with my character in a way that reflect the experience in the game.
    This is how I feel too! My guild has gone casual and we may not raid M until late January/early February. But I like them and am willing to be patient. Meanwhile there's this new (to me) scoring system I can get competitive about. Competing mostly with myself, going for personal bests, but having a way to measure progress and feel like I am 'progressing'.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Lunahh View Post
    I tried, but I've been getting bad keys for a whole month now. Only upper and lower kara and seat. Upper kara in theory isn't hard, but I had so much bad experience in that dungeon, that I don't want to pug it anymore. People moving with the flame wreath, falling off the platforms at the endboss, dying 3x at the chess event...deaths and wipes that I can't even save with cds as a healer, it's frustrating.. I guess full 2k+ score groups don't have those kinda people in it, but I can't get into those and I also don't want to ask for a score that I don't have myself, when building a group.

Now if I got an NL, CoS or sought after Maw key (or really any key besides kara and seat), I'd definitely push it. Maybe I'll have one in my cache today..
    I had some good runs in Kara Lower last week. Only 17s and 18s, but making timer and having fun with it. We even five-tanked an 18 at 5am just for giggles. Missed the timer, but think we could have made it if we hadn't been goofing so much. I know for my part (playing BrM) I could have been more proactive with switching gear sets for more self-heals, but I was too busy trying to compete with prot pallies for dps.

"I Am Vengeance. I Am The Night. I Am Felfáádaern!"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Brewmaster Kolee View Post
    So the alternative you are suggesting is what... set to auto accept since there's no way to know? Realistically, what do you use? A 10 step interview process? Chinese fortune cookies?

- - - Updated - - -

Sometimes the good players and bad players are the same players just on different days. Before and after coffee, with or without sleep... Get me at 10pm with a full pot of coffee in my system and I'll rock the joint. Catch me at 6am with my eyes crossing and I might forget which instance we're in.

This is how I feel too! My guild has gone casual and we may not raid M until late January/early February. But I like them and am willing to be patient. Meanwhile there's this new (to me) scoring system I can get competitive about. Competing mostly with myself, going for personal bests, but having a way to measure progress and feel like I am 'progressing'.

- - - Updated - - -

I had some good runs in Kara Lower last week. Only 17s and 18s, but making timer and having fun with it. We even five-tanked an 18 at 5am just for giggles. Missed the timer, but think we could have made it if we hadn't been goofing so much. I know for my part (playing BrM) I could have been more proactive with switching gear sets for more self-heals, but I was too busy trying to compete with prot pallies for dps.
    Speaking of which, yday i saw 4 aff locks and blood dk try 24 DHT. Dk kept dying to the tree boss, Oakheart. Then they went 22 EoA and 2 chested it. They did it for shits and giggles but it was interesting watch
    Raider and multi-classer currently on:
    Fire Mage on Ravencrest EU
    Guardian Druid on Ravencrest EU

Deleted
    I have a question to you all - not intended to be toxic at all, but rather a plea for guidance and perhaps to illuminate one of the main issues I'm facing.

I am an experienced player - been playing since vanilla - 400 days played - and was a hardcore 'server first' raider for most of this period. I am definitely not a super player, but I know what I'm doing and I am very much accustomed to reading tactics in advance, simming my character, using buffs, boss mechanics etc.

However, I started to play Legion very late - dinged 110 with my mage about six weeks ago. Today, I have 930 itemlvl (most of them relinquished pieces) and 2 legendaries. My guild is mostly dead now but I wouldn't like to join another guild so I am pretty much playing solo. I started doing Mythic + a couple of weeks ago and yesterday (after like 7-8 rejected invites) I got my first +10 (Keystone master achievement). The run was smooth and we had no problems.

I know that 930 is perfectly fine for +10 - even for higher keys - but 95% I get rejected. Too many people are at a higher ilevel now and people's expectations are sky high. Some people are asking for 940-950 for anything above +5 !!. Obviously, the item level masks the actual experience / skill of the player.

How I am supposed to increase my item level within a reasonable time frame if I get mostly rejected for dungeons that drop the gear I need?

Quote Originally Posted by TeraAkron View Post
    I have a question to you all - not intended to be toxic at all, but rather a plea for guidance and perhaps to illuminate one of the main issues I'm facing.

I am an experienced player - been playing since vanilla - 400 days played - and was a hardcore 'server first' raider for most of this period. I am definitely not a super player, but I know what I'm doing and I am very much accustomed to reading tactics in advance, simming my character, using buffs, boss mechanics etc.

However, I started to play Legion very late - dinged 110 with my mage about six weeks ago. Today, I have 930 itemlvl (most of them relinquished pieces) and 2 legendaries. My guild is mostly dead now but I wouldn't like to join another guild so I am pretty much playing solo. I started doing Mythic + a couple of weeks ago and yesterday (after like 7-8 rejected invites) I got my first +10 (Keystone master achievement). The run was smooth and we had no problems.

I know that 930 is perfectly fine for +10 - even for higher keys - but 95% I get rejected. Too many people are at a higher ilevel now and people's expectations are sky high. Some people are asking for 940-950 for anything above +5 !!. Obviously, the item level masks the actual experience / skill of the player.

How I am supposed to increase my item level within a reasonable time frame if I get mostly rejected for dungeons that drop the gear I need?
    build your own key. Even if you have to start at +2 it should be easy to get it to a 15, then starting the following week you dont have to rebuild it anymore.

Do World bosses (Argus great invasions), Heroic Raids (up untill antorus, upgrade Legendaries...
    If you don't want to find another guild, thats on you. But you could try and befriend people you group up with, and there might be a chance of finding great players there.
    Also, you might get into a normal Antorus (if youre lucky) so try that...

Madness will consume you!!!

Deleted
    I'm doing this on alts tbh: argunite freebies to fill out lowest ilvl slots (including relics) + run all +880 gear world quests looking for tf + run LFR + run Argus world boss (coin it) (and Jim this week too, of course) + run regular invasions + spam highest possible m+ without care for secondary stats until the toon is +940/945.
    Usually people accept that below 940/945 you are just building ilvl and usually look at your ilvl/score/nbr of runs/leggos/artifact level. They usually do NOT look how your secondary stat build looks like and if you got usable relics in your weapon. That can wait.

Tag me up if you want a tank to queue for lower keys - it's much easier to look for groups this way.

You can also go to discord Fail Train https://discord.gg/G4VEe6M and/or Mythic Plus Friends (can't seem to get an invite link there now) and look for people in the same boat as you are.

I'd also move from a dead guild to an active one but that's your choice.