Page 6 of 17 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    It shouldn't.

Never heard of the guy until yesterday.

Then suddenly he's on my Facebook, he's on my Reddit, and now he's being mentioned here.
    He's a vine star. Before Vine closed down he was the most followed. Started a YT Channel and has 15m subs there - pretty popular.

But also the lady in the first post her son, how about monitor what your kids watch and it wouldn't be a problem.

Quote Originally Posted by kenthovind View Post
    YouTube will keep promoting youtube channels that lower the IQ's of the youth, while at the same time preventing videos about education/science/politics/religion to ever go viral again.
    Nick shows SpongeBob. And that has been proven to lower the IQ of people.

Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by Video Games View Post
    I've been in mental health hospitals and I've been extremely suicidal. I really don't.
    Aww how come you're still alive?

infracted - major trolling
    Last edited by Crissi; 2018-01-03 at 02:32 AM.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Orby View Post
    What about having respect for others mental health or even at least care for the families of this man that this dumb ass youtuber thinks is important to upload on on youtube laughing at it.

The fact that you think this is fine makes me think of you less than a human, or the fact you see no problem with this means you are selfish, how about I dig up someone who died close to you, put their corpse hanging in my room making a video about how dumb your relatives look. Also making sure we get a good close up of him/her for the thumbnail with me looking shocked for clicks

Wonder if you would care then...

Once again learn compassion.
    If you do something stupid in 2018 there is a chance it will show upon the internet up to and including the end result of your suicide.

Also I wonder if there is a difference between coming across a dead body in a forest known around the world for suicides and exhuming human remains to make a point about someone else being less than human and selfish.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Seasz View Post
    Aww how come you're still alive?
    Is this a real question or are you saying i should have?

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    #2 trending on YouTube a sneak peak of Justin Timberlake’s “A man of the woods”
    #1 trending video is Paul apologizing for finding a man in the woods.

Quote Originally Posted by LonerStoner View Post
    #2 trending on YouTube a sneak peak of Justin Timberlake’s “A man of the woods”
    #1 trending video is Paul apologizing for finding a man in the woods.
    lol the universe is full of irony if nothing else

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by RobertoCarlos View Post
    Lol. 4chan is always up to the task

- - - Updated - - -

Working 9-5 nearly everyday isnt the intended human design, its not a mystery theres a lot of miserable people. Then you add in trauma, drugs, chemical imbalances in the brain, genetic traits and the numbers start adding up
    its interesting you mention drugs because i believe that the seeking out of drugs is connected to the root cause,
    I believe this because I read a very good book called Homo Deus: a brief history of tomorrow by Yuval Noah Harari, in this book he talks a bit about happiness what happiness is chemically within our brain and why the modern world even all the things that make life easy actually makes obtaining happiness more difficult, he explains that happiness chemically in the human brain is just a temporary mental state achieved after obtaining a goal, its designed by evolution to push us forward, to obtain food, mate, resources e.t.c but as the modern world advances the goal's that would elicit this response become fewer and harder to obtain meaning we are less happy, thus many turn to chemical ways to alter the brain to full fill the need to be happy. he says this is no new revelation as the Buddha and Epicurus both talk at length about the same process (just without knowing the science behind it).

Epicurus explains there are necessary and unnecessary desires. an example would be necessary desires, like desiring to be free from bodily pain, help in producing happiness, whereas unnecessary desires, like desiring a bigger car or a more luxurious meal. the Buddha famously deems all desire unnecessary but both agree that ultimately the constant strive to full fill unnecessary desire leads to misery.

now if we take what we know that happiness is just a fleeting chemical reaction to fulfilling a desire, but if full filling unnecessary desires leads to suffering because they are superficial or taxing in some way, then it stands to reason if you place some one in a world where all necessary desires are met by society for free and only unnecessary ones are left to strive for then that person will be miserable.

Yuval Noah Harari goes on in his book to talk about a possible future of harmless drugs that change a persons mental state to be happy in such a future world. chemically reprogramming the brain in a way.

i dont really see the problem, there was plenty of warnings and he wasnt playing around or anything, pretty sober toned.

Quote Originally Posted by mrPibs View Post
    its interesting you mention drugs because i believe that the seeking out of drugs is connected to the root cause,
    I believe this because I read a very good book called Homo Deus: a brief history of tomorrow by Yuval Noah Harari, in this book he talks a bit about happiness what happiness is chemically within our brain and why the modern world even all the things that make life easy actually makes obtaining happiness more difficult, he explains that happiness chemically in the human brain is just a temporary mental state achieved after obtaining a goal, its designed by evolution to push us forward, to obtain food, mate, resources e.t.c but as the modern world advances the goal's that would elicit this response become fewer and harder to obtain meaning we are less happy, thus many turn to chemical ways to alter the brain to full fill the need to be happy. he says this is no new revelation as the Buddha and Epicurus both talk at length about the same process (just without knowing the science behind it).

Epicurus explains there are necessary and unnecessary desires. an example would be necessary desires, like desiring to be free from bodily pain, help in producing happiness, whereas unnecessary desires, like desiring a bigger car or a more luxurious meal. the Buddha famously deems all desire unnecessary but both agree that ultimately the constant strive to full fill unnecessary desire leads to misery.

now if we take what we know that happiness is just a fleeting chemical reaction to fulfilling a desire, but if full filling unnecessary desires leads to suffering because they are superficial or taxing in some way, then it stands to reason if you place some one in a world where all necessary desires are met by society for free and only unnecessary ones are left to strive for then that person will be miserable.

Yuval Noah Harari goes on in his book to talk about a possible future of harmless drugs that change a persons mental state to be happy in such a future world. chemically reprogramming the brain in a way.
    Sounds like a very insightful read.

I think of what would happen if red wine/all alcohol or prescription drugs that alter moods were banned and removed from the market. It would be insanity and all of the sudden people may look differently at our approach to drugs and medicating. Its only the illegal drugs that get the stigma and backward thinking.

People use drugs for escapism to get away from their reality and lets be honest some peoples realities are miserable. So round and round it goes till something breaks.

10+ Year Old Account
    If he was sincere about the issue he'd have made a separate video from his douchebaggery explaining how serious it is and his experience in the "Suicide Woods." This was nothing more than a typical attention grab for views.

Deleted
    Sounds like a very insightful read.

I think of what would happen if red wine/all alcohol or prescription drugs that alter moods were banned and removed from the market. It would be insanity and all of the sudden people may look differently at our approach to drugs and medicating. Its only the illegal drugs that get the stigma and backward thinking.

People use drugs for escapism to get away from their reality and lets be honest some peoples realities are miserable. So round and round it goes till something breaks.
    I think all drugs come with a certain stigma, there's no shortage of people willing to mount the moral horse and talk down to the addict no matter the drug.

but drugs are nothing but an unhealthy escape from an unhealthy society, and suicide the the terminal escape.

if only those on there moral horses were so concerned by the cause not the symptom we might all be a bit more epicurean in our society.

I'm mostly disgusted at the idea of such a place being labelled and dressed like some tourist attraction. The video is distasteful because until they find the body they are treating it like such. Even when they find the body it still seems disingenuous.

Why film yourself going to such a place at all? And why keep the camera rolling when you do find a body?

Unless you're trying to reform mental healthcare in Japan (and it needs a LOT of reform) then a place like this shouldn't be given this kind of attention.
    The proper waifu is a wholesome supplement for one's intrinsic need for belonging and purpose.

I love logan paul he is so hot.
    Mistweaver Monk |
    "Those who lead through fear only stay in power while those they govern lack courage." ~ Lorewalker Cho

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nexx226 View Post
    The problem is that he tries to portray a certain image for a certain audience and then does something that audience isn't expecting and doesn't want to see. I don't watch his shit and don't know much about him so I can't say for sure if his stuff is typically family friendly but I guess that's main issue. It's like if you're watching Disney channel in the middle of the day and all the sudden they play some slasher horror film. If you tried to make the argument you just made to people getting upset over that then you'd be laughed at.
    Alright thank you for educating me, I didn't know I just assumed it was par for the course.

If he is click baiting then he should not only be banned he should be sued for any damages
    Last edited by Doctor Amadeus; 2018-01-02 at 11:32 PM.
    Milli Vanilli, Bigger than Elvis

I just watched the video and it's pretty fucking disgusting how he trivializes the situation so much.

- - - Updated - - -

Did you not watch the video? There's no way you did if you're saying something like this. He acted like the entire thing was a fucking joke.
    i guess im just not as sensitive as you? didnt seem over the top or a joke to me.

Quote Originally Posted by The Oblivion View Post
    i guess im just not as sensitive as you? didnt seem over the top or a joke to me.
    nothing to do with being senstive. Some people just have more intelligence to see it for what it is. Someone using someones death as a reason to get giddy with excitement for "pushing boundries" for monetary gain its gross behavior, but as you were

Not sure how sensitivity matters. He's literally laughing and smiling at several points and fucking posing with the body.
    this reminds of that movie gone girl, where the freaks catch one photo of ben afflecks character smiling and try to play it off that he doesnt care about his wife being missing and is having a grand ol time.

- - - Updated - - -

nothing to do with being senstive. Some people just have more intelligence to see it for what it is. Someone using someones death as a reason to get giddy with excitement for "pushing boundries" for monetary gain its gross behavior, but as you were
    i mean it obviously did push boundaries and start conversation, just not what he hoped to be talking about i guess. monetary gain is irrelevant, news shouldnt show anything bad either then, as they do it for monetary gain.

Deleted
    Stupid person does something stupid.

I'm shocked.

Quote Originally Posted by Fleugen View Post
    This.

If we can never talk about it, that kid who saw the dead body is never going to learn, and will never move past his father's death by suicide.

People who commit suicide don't 'just do it.' There are reasons. Not good reasons, but reasons, including but not limited to mental health issues. This is something that NEEDS to be talked about - It's not something that should be hidden to protect someone's fragility.
    Yes a logan paul video with him posing next to the body is the exactly the kind of place to get a serious discussion going about suicide....as already said in this thread, if he was sincere about the issues he wouldnt have made the type of video he did. Theres no need to defend your youtube "bro"
    Last edited by RobertoCarlos; 2018-01-03 at 12:02 AM.