Page 42 of 45 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Player Twelve View Post
    The lives and personal accounts of my neighbour is going to be different than me, we're both white. The lives and personal accounts of a white guy in USA is going to be different than me, we're both white too.
    Both white and both been engendered by a system that put white people in a class of their own in terms of education, government handouts, and societal privilege. Considering the data collected on how work teams comprised of a heterogeneous combination of ethnic minorities and women outperformed and overcame challenges compared to the baseline white male majority working groups, it is safe to say that different perspectives of people in a society is always beneficial.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Projectmars View Post
    Pretty sure the lives and personal accounts of a white person in Jacksonville and a white person in Norway would be radically different too.
    Not really, since they would not be subject to skin pigmentation biases, only a language barrier. However if you put a black person from Jacksonville into a city of comparable size in Norway, you might be able to see more clearly why different perspectives are better in the workplace, government.

Quote Originally Posted by Daelak View Post
    Both white and both been engendered by a system that put white people in a class of their own in terms of education, government handouts, and societal privilege. Considering the data collected on how work teams comprised of a heterogeneous combination of ethnic minorities and women outperformed and overcame challenges compared to the baseline white male majority working groups, it is safe to say that different perspectives of people in a society is always beneficial.
    No such things in Sweden. I'm white but my mother is a serb and my father is swedish so I'm part swedish, part serb. I get called "husblatte"(Basically similar to uncle tom but for ppl with a foreign background who are perceived as being too swedish, they say that because I don't act foreign enough, they also don't consider me to be swedish) by Swedes on the left and I'm not considered Swedish by many those on the right either. Being white means fuck all in Sweden.

Good job on thinking the world functions like USA. Being white doesn't give you any privilege in Sweden.
    Last edited by Player Twelve; 2018-01-02 at 10:09 PM.

‘Hey it’s all white dudes who are running things,’
    not a racist statement at all ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Shinra1 View Post
    black people have no power, privilege they cannot be racist since they were oppressed
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodakane View Post
    Men are NOT suffering societal hardships due to being male. That doesn't exist in most 1st world countries.

There is no question to dodge. The inclusion of different people and life experiences, no matter in business or politics, only benefits the community and profits.
    I notice you didn't deny it was racist.

Also I should point out there is a way to achieve your desired diversity without lazily chalking it all up to skin color.

10+ Year Old Account
    Multicultural? As in what? Pocket cultures ruling certain areas like it already does to the point of crime? Pretty that is also happening in the uk, where Bale is from.

Not really, since they would not be subject to skin pigmentation biases, only a language barrier. However if you put a black person from Jacksonville into a city of comparable size in Norway, you might be able to see more clearly why different perspectives are better in the workplace, government.
    Because that’s clearly the only obvious reason why someone’s lives and personal experience would be radically different.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Very Tired View Post
    I notice you didn't deny it was racist.

Also I should point out there is a way to achieve your desired diversity without lazily chalking it all up to skin color.
    It isn't racist, and please expound on your other way.

- - - Updated - - -

god damn you is racist as fuck.

- - - Updated - - -

also still waiting to hear what country with brown or black skinned people that we should try to emulate. what is the big benefit again? look im brown and a minority here but i can at least acknowledge the whites know how to build a society that functions. white males to be particular... and now what? after all their hardwork you want to kick them to the curb like they aint shit? like they aint the ones that built this mother fucker? you are an ungrateful little... but hey its your world, fuck everybody else, especially if they white.

There are thousands of peer-reviewed studies, published graduate level textbooks, seminars, and even blogs that I linked that show to this effect. Go to google and look up scholarly journals. This isn't a new or novel concept, and it has been studied, and applied by both large and small companies for decades with immense success.

Your second point is a ridiculous point, and personalizing it to me spending money out of my personal checkbook to a corporation where there are various levels of hierarchies and auditing systems that determine the continuation of funding of any program/department on a quarterly if not quicker basis as a reason why diversification of hiring persons still exists because it's a rounding error doesn't make any sense. Just makes you look utterly naive in the HR operations of a large multi-national corporation.

So let's rehash; it's your uninformed opinion versus the mountains of data on diversification and the implementation of programs that encourage people of all stripes to apply and get hired onto large and small firms that only benefits said firms. You then attempt to discredit the operations of all multinational corporations and their HR departments and their inclusive hiring practices as a 'PR' move and/or a rounding error due to their large revenue streams, even though they have hundreds of people auditing, reviewing, and eventually determining if said programs and initiatives are worth the money, you would know better.

It's all there, waiting for you to read it, comprehend it, and understand the totality of why the most profitable and competitive industries have/are implementing hiring practices that are more inclusive and reach a wider breadth of applicants than they have in the past.
    Again, mountains of data that you refuse to show even a bit of. You aren't even willing direct my search for this data to a particular study or finding. Here I am asking "hey where's this mountain" and if what you say is true all you should have to do is point over yonder to the giant mountain, but you refuse to do so for some odd reason.

Your second point is just a lazy appeal to authority fallacy. You're saying that these diversity initiatives must be beneficial to these companies in a productive capacity simply because they're doing when these companies are fallible and can be disingenuous. You're completely discounting any other reason that they might do these diversity initiatives and are ignoring the fact that the companies the most notable diversity initiatives are ones who are run by a mainly progressive staff who have these preconceived political biases.

Seriously, just point me to this mountain. One study that I can start from and I'll dig into this. You're so strident in how you accuse me of holding an uninformed opinion, yet you misrepresented the only evidence you've given and have refused to back up any positive claim since.

- You claimed there's 50 years worth of research on this, but the oldest study cited is from 2006

- You claimed that the studies linked showed that racial/gender diversity increases innovation and work place performance, but of the studies linked one found social diversity increased innovation in gender homogeneous groups and two were broad surveys that simply compared relative gender/racial diversity to business performance without controlling for any other factors whatsoever.

- When I've asked for more sources and that you properly represent them then you've responded by refusing to cite a single other source.

Imagine if I was doing this. If I was making positive claims and then refused to back them up after my first attempt at backing them up fell flat on its face. You'd think I was a delusional twat who's just refusing to accept that things aren't as I thought them to be.

It's comforting to see Daelak defend his blatant racism.

It isn't racist, and please expound on your other way.
    If you are giving preferential treatment to anyone based on race, that is racist. And that's a fact based on it's definition. If you disagree with that you can take it up with a dictionary.

Interests, hobbies, backgrounds, etc. You know, things that aren't decided for you before birth.

The Unstoppable Force Theodarzna's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dextroden View Post
    It is a weird spectacle, a fun one, but also so very weird to see.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    i think I have my posse filled out now. Mars is Theo, Jupiter is Vanyali, Linadra is Venus, and Heather is Mercury. Dragon can be Pluto.
    On MMO-C we learn that Anti-Fascism is locking arms with corporations, the State Department and agreeing with the CIA, But opposing the CIA and corporate America, and thinking Jews have a right to buy land and can expect tenants to pay rent THAT is ultra-Fash Nazism. Bellingcat is an MI6/CIA cut out. Clyburn Truther.

Quote Originally Posted by oxymoronic View Post
    god damn you is racist as fuck.

- - - Updated - - -

also still waiting to hear what country with brown or black skinned people that we should try to emulate. what is the big benefit again? look im brown and a minority here but i can at least acknowledge the whites know how to build a society that functions. white males to be particular... and now what? after all their hardwork you want to kick them to the curb like they aint shit? like they aint the ones that built this mother fucker? you are an ungrateful little... but hey its your world, fuck everybody else, especially if they white.

People don't have the same life experiences just because they share a skin color with someone.
    They can have similar life experiences.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Alexeht View Post
    not a racist statement at all ...
    How is that racist? Holy shit...
    Quote Originally Posted by Deleth View Post
    Ah come on Granyala, there's several possible reasons for it. A few that would get us banned here like pointing out a deficite in his mental capacity.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oktoberfest View Post
    Man I swear, every time someone uses the term 'Critical Thinking' I want to pop em in the mouth.

Quote Originally Posted by Bapestar View Post
    They can have similar life experiences.
    So? That's not because of skin color. Someone that's dark skinned can have a similar experience as me.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vynny View Post
    Again, mountains of data that you refuse to show even a bit of. You aren't even willing direct my search for this data to a particular study or finding. Here I am asking "hey where's this mountain" and if what you say is true all you should have to do is point over yonder to the giant mountain, but you refuse to do so for some odd reason.

Your second point is just a lazy appeal to authority fallacy. You're saying that these diversity initiatives must be beneficial to these companies in a productive capacity simply because they're doing when these companies are fallible and can be disingenuous. You're completely discounting any other reason that they might do these diversity initiatives and are ignoring the fact that the companies the most notable diversity initiatives are ones who are run by a mainly progressive staff who have these preconceived political biases.

Seriously, just point me to this mountain. One study that I can start from and I'll dig into this. You're so strident in how you accuse me of holding an uninformed opinion, yet you misrepresented the only evidence you've given and have refused to back up any positive claim since.

- You claimed there's 50 years worth of research on this, but the oldest study cited is from 2006

- You claimed that the studies linked showed that racial/gender diversity increases innovation and work place performance, but of the studies linked one found social diversity increased innovation in gender homogeneous groups and two were broad surveys that simply compared relative gender/racial diversity to business performance without controlling for any other factors whatsoever.

- When I've asked for more sources and that you properly represent them then you've responded by refusing to cite a single other source.

Imagine if I was doing this. If I was making positive claims and then refused to back them up after my first attempt at backing them up fell flat on its face. You'd think I was a delusional twat who's just refusing to accept that things aren't as I thought them to be.
    Jesus, if you use google, you would find decades worth of information about this. I will link it to you.

It isn't an appeal to authority, it's Occam's Razor. You would rather delve into conspiratorial ramblings of corporations spending the time and money to push an ineffective hiring practice because "progressive" and political biases. It's lazy and makes you look incredibly naive to how corporations work. And like I said before, go ahead and e-mail any fortune 500 company about your opinion that it's all just a progressive conspiracy to ensure non-qualified minority persons get hired over the productive, innovative, and intelligent white people, and post their response.

http://journals.sagepub.com/doi/abs/...12240607100404
    https://books.google.com/books?hl=en...ctices&f=false
    http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/1...030140107/full
    http://journals.sagepub.com/doi/abs/...21886308314460
    http://www.sciencedirect.com/science...65260108602488

https://scholar.google.com/schhp?hl=en&as_sdt=0,43

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Very Tired View Post
    If you are giving preferential treatment to anyone based on race, that is racist. And that's a fact based on it's definition. If you disagree with that you can take it up with a dictionary.

Interests, hobbies, backgrounds, etc. You know, things that aren't decided for you before birth.
    Not if said populations of people have not had the same income and educational attainment as white males. The results of diversity and inclusion of minority population and women in business and income is evidence alone of how advantageous it is for any business/governing body to have. The existence of such revulsion to such ideas is tantamount why it should be continued, because it shows that they are losing ground, and most importantly, profits to companies that are employing such methods.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Dextroden View Post
    Great input into the discussion. Let me know when you want to talk about how systemic discrimination has affected your life in Jacksonville.

Not if said populations of people have not had the same income and educational attainment as white males. The results of diversity and inclusion of minority population and women in business and income is evidence alone of how advantageous it is for any business/governing body to have. The existence of such revulsion to such ideas is tantamount why it should be continued, because it shows that they are losing ground, and most importantly, profits to companies that are employing such methods.
    Yeah, it is racist to give someone preferential treatment above others if you do so because of their race. It doesn't matter if they have not had the same income or educational attainment, if you give preferential treatment based on their race then it's by definition racist.

- - - Updated - - -

Great input into the discussion. Let me know when you want to talk about how systemic discrimination has affected your life in Jacksonville.
    How in the flying fuck does that even matter? Racism doesn't suddenly become not racism just because you choose another target.

15+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, it is racist to give someone preferential treatment above others if you do so because of their race. It doesn't matter if they have not had the same income or educational attainment, if you give preferential treatment based on their race then it's by definition racist.
    No it's not, economic reality for millions of women, and minority people's shows that it is necessary, and profitable for all parties involved to ensure population parity.

- - - Updated - - -

How in the flying fuck does that even matter? Racism doesn't suddenly become not racism just because you choose another target.
    It matters because he is in denial that his own life has been affected by systemic discrimination.

No it's not, economic reality for millions of women, and minority people's shows that it is necessary, and profitable for all parties involved to ensure population parity.
    Racism or sexism doesn't become not racism or sexism just because you pick another target. It's still racist and sexist, just towards another target group.

15+ Year Old Account
    Racism or sexism doesn't become not racism or sexism just because you pick another target. It's still racist and sexist, just towards another target group.
    You're assuming these populations have been on the same economic, educational footing, which they objectively aren't. If hiring more people to represent the population better was not effective, no entity, especially for profit corporations, would be doing it.