Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    What I got from that 2nd movie was that Goodman was a crazy fuck. But that didn't mean he was wrong...and that got the movie in a darkly comedic turn to me.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by MrLachyG View Post
    the second one was related to the first one. but yeah this is the 3rd movie
    I didn't even know there was a second one. Maybe they should do a LITTLE bit of marketing at least.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nanaboostme View Post
    And I dont know whether to be really, excited or really concerned.

Its either whats J.J. Abrams does best with his love for limited marketing for a higher payoff or that the couple pushbacks on its release date and distribution company lack of marketing a sign that they have little to no hope from early screenings.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2548396/?ref_=nv_sr_2
    3? Where is the second one? I search on it and there's nothing.

Edit: Cloverfield Lane wasn't Cloverfield 2, but apparently there's a connection? Huh.

Quote Originally Posted by Creamy Flames View Post
    I didn't even know there was a second one. Maybe they should do a LITTLE bit of marketing at least. - - - Updated - - - 3? Where is the second one? I search on it and there's nothing. Edit: Cloverfield Lane wasn't Cloverfield 2, but apparently there's a connection? Huh.
    10 Cloverfield Lane
    It is the second installment in the Cloverfield franchise. The film was developed from a script titled The Cellar, but under production by Bad Robot, it was turned into a spiritual successor of the 2008 film Cloverfield. The film follows a young woman who, after a car crash, wakes up in an underground bunker with two men who insist that an event has left the surface of Earth uninhabitable.

Having originally planned the film as a direct sequel to Cloverfield, Abrams suggested that he has thought of something that if they are lucky enough to get it made "could be really cool that [it] connects some stories" in a third film, even teasing a larger Cloverfield universe. Interviews with Trachtenberg and Winstead confirm that the movie is, and always was intended to be, an expansion of the first film, with Trachtenberg calling it the "Cloververse". Winstead has voiced her interest in returning for another installment.
    In October 2016, it was revealed that the Abrams-produced God Particle will be the third installment in the Cloverfield franchise.

----------------------------

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeta333 View Post
    Gooodman got fucking robbed of the oscar from the last cloverfield.
    He was VERY good in that film.

Quote Originally Posted by shaunika123 View Post
    it's called "found footage"
    shaky cam is not exactly the same thing, they just overlap usually
    Wiki:
    Found footage is a fictional film subgenre in which all or a substantial part of the work is presented as if it were discovered film or video recordings.

Handheld camera, shaky cam, queasy cam,queasicam, hand-held camera or free camera is a cinematographic technique where stable-image techniques are purposely dispensed with. The camera is held in the hand, or given the appearance of being hand-held, and in many cases shots are limited to what one photographer could have accomplished with one camera. Shaky cam is often employed to give a film sequence an ad hoc, electronic news-gathering, or documentary film feel. It suggests unprepared, unrehearsed filming of reality, and can provide a sense of dynamics, immersion, instability or nervousness. The technique can be used to give a pseudo-documentary or cinéma vérité appearance to a film.

Too much shaky camera motion can make some viewers feel distracted, dizzy or sick.

It was both.

Quote Originally Posted by baskev View Post
    Wiki:
    Found footage is a fictional film subgenre in which all or a substantial part of the work is presented as if it were discovered film or video recordings.

Handheld camera, shaky cam, queasy cam,queasicam, hand-held camera or free camera is a cinematographic technique where stable-image techniques are purposely dispensed with. The camera is held in the hand, or given the appearance of being hand-held, and in many cases shots are limited to what one photographer could have accomplished with one camera. Shaky cam is often employed to give a film sequence an ad hoc, electronic news-gathering, or documentary film feel. It suggests unprepared, unrehearsed filming of reality, and can provide a sense of dynamics, immersion, instability or nervousness. The technique can be used to give a pseudo-documentary or cinéma vérité appearance to a film.

Too much shaky camera motion can make some viewers feel distracted, dizzy or sick.

It was both.
    I know it was, I said as much in my post.

but "found footage" describes it infinitely better than shaky cam. imho.
    found footage is a much narrower description.

I know it was, I said as much in my post.

but "found footage" describes it infinitely better than shaky cam. imho.
    found footage is a much narrower description.
    shaky cam is how it was filmed....
    the perspective was found footage......

shaky cam is how it was filmed....
    the perspective was found footage......
    shaky cam is basically a simpton of found footage though, like it's self implied that a found footage movie will have shaky cam in it.

if i say a film has "shaky cam" you wont know exactly how itll look, since it can be anything from bourne identity to district 9 to the hurt locker or the blair witch project.

IF i say "it's found footage" you'll know much more accurately what I mean, since it's a much MUCH more accurate description.

found footage is a genre in and of itself, whereas shaky cam is just a cinematography technique that transcends genres, so it's not really descriptive.

it's the difference between: les miserables is a movie filled with crane shots or les miserables is a musical. which describes it better?

Quote Originally Posted by bloodrunner View Post
    Welp that answers it. Bad reception. 3rd time pushed back

10 cloverfield lane had a “misery” vibe and was pretty good until they got out of the bunker. Then it went downhill fast.
    TO FIX WOW:1. smaller server sizes & server-only LFG awarding satchels, so elite players help others. 2. "helper builds" with loom powers - talent trees so elite players cast buffs on low level players XP gain, HP/mana, regen, damage, etc. 3. "helper ilvl" scoring how much you help others. 4. observer games like in SC to watch/chat (like twitch but with MORE DETAILS & inside the wow UI) 5. guild leagues to compete with rival guilds for progression (with observer mode).6. jackpot world mobs.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post
    10 Cloverfield Lane
    It is the second installment in the Cloverfield franchise. The film was developed from a script titled The Cellar, but under production by Bad Robot, it was turned into a spiritual successor of the 2008 film Cloverfield. The film follows a young woman who, after a car crash, wakes up in an underground bunker with two men who insist that an event has left the surface of Earth uninhabitable.

Having originally planned the film as a direct sequel to Cloverfield, Abrams suggested that he has thought of something that if they are lucky enough to get it made "could be really cool that [it] connects some stories" in a third film, even teasing a larger Cloverfield universe. Interviews with Trachtenberg and Winstead confirm that the movie is, and always was intended to be, an expansion of the first film, with Trachtenberg calling it the "Cloververse". Winstead has voiced her interest in returning for another installment.
    In October 2016, it was revealed that the Abrams-produced God Particle will be the third installment in the Cloverfield franchise.

----------------------------
    But I also read an article where JJ Abrams himself states that Cloverfield Lane is NOT Cloverfield 2. I guess it might make more sense with the new movie. I feel like the name Cloverfield doesn't fit at all for a franchise.

shaky cam is basically a simpton of found footage though, like it's self implied that a found footage movie will have shaky cam in it.

if i say a film has "shaky cam" you wont know exactly how itll look, since it can be anything from bourne identity to district 9 to the hurt locker or the blair witch project.

IF i say "it's found footage" you'll know much more accurately what I mean, since it's a much MUCH more accurate description.

found footage is a genre in and of itself, whereas shaky cam is just a cinematography technique that transcends genres, so it's not really descriptive.

it's the difference between: les miserables is a movie filled with crane shots or les miserables is a musical. which describes it better?
    les mis: A musical movie. ( if you talk about the movie)

As for the rest, wiki's and other site's agree with we. so bla bla

But ill try to say it again:

- no shaky cam is that it moves allot and is unedited ( movement wise) so you know how it will look. Not stable :P
    - Found footage is how the story is told aka the perspective. They find a camera and you see everything from its perspective. It is a genre and yes shaky cam is a technique...and i said it was shaky cam....did they hold the camera steady...nope.....so shaky cam.

But hey...you are right and the wiki's and movie makers are wrong.

Deleted
    Why stop with the first shit movie if you can make 3 shit ones instead.

les mis: A musical movie. ( if you talk about the movie)

As for the rest, wiki's and other site's agree with we. so bla bla

But ill try to say it again:

- no shaky cam is that it moves allot and is unedited ( movement wise) so you know how it will look. Not stable :P
    - Found footage is how the story is told aka the perspective. They find a camera and you see everything from its perspective. It is a genre and yes shaky cam is a technique...and i said it was shaky cam....did they hold the camera steady...nope.....so shaky cam.

But hey...you are right and the wiki's and movie makers are wrong.

Cloverfield is a 2008 American found footage monster horror film directed by Matt Reeves, produced by J. J. Abrams and Bryan Burk, and written by Drew Goddard. The film, which is presented as found footage shot with a home camcorder, follows six young New York City residents fleeing from a gigantic monster and various other smaller creatures that attack the city while they are having a farewell party

literally the first hit if you google cloverfield, found footage is mentioned twice. shaky cam zero.

so yeah?

the first mention of shaky cam is like 5 paragraphs down on the wiki.
    Last edited by shaunika123; 2018-01-03 at 05:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Skizzit View Post

IMO it's a far better movie than the original Cloverfield.
    Agreed.

Not only story-wise, but also from the fact that there's no motion-sickness inducing handcamera shake from hell. That shit doesn't make a movie feel "more genuine", it makes a movie a bloody pain to watch to some of us.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Thrif View Post
    It was related because they slapped on the Cloverfield stuff and name last minute to increase ticked sales, yes. The actual script for the movie was called The Cellar and was completely original and unrelated to it.
    Um, that's not what happened though.

They spent years adjusting the script for use in the Cloverfield universe... Being inspired to include a story and weaving it into a bigger one =/= just slapping something on at last minute to boost ticket sales.

Most people I know, went into 10 Cloverfield Lane without a single clue as to what it'd be besides a thriller and I've never seen people take such care to not spoil an ending.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Bamboozler View Post
    Bro, who cares? You're just derailing the thread. You two are arguing about something that is literally meaningless. This thread is to discuss the third movie, not amateur hour for genre classification.
    Was thinking the same.

It's not as though a "found footage"-label changes the fact that the scenes are still shaky cam as fuck.

Quote Originally Posted by Skizzit View Post
    I guess it's the difference between writing a script with the intent of it being a sequel vs. buying a completed and unrelated script and turning it into a sequel. To be fair, this isn't the first movie to do so. If I remember correctly, Die Hard 2 was the same.
    One of the script cascades started when a studio fast-tracked a sequel to Speed. They didn't have a script, so they swiped the script for the next Die Hard (with the hijacked cruise liner). This left the Die Hard franchise without a script, so they swiped the one from the next Lethal Weapon (which is why the movie felt like a McCain and Murtaugh buddy cop show). The next Lethal Weapon basically started filming without a script so the plot kind of wanders a bit.

But I also read an article where JJ Abrams himself states that Cloverfield Lane is NOT Cloverfield 2. I guess it might make more sense with the new movie. I feel like the name Cloverfield doesn't fit at all for a franchise.
    I'm thinking "anthology" of a sort might be a better framework.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post
    I'm thinking "anthology" of a sort might be a better framework.
    But are they at all related? Cloverfield is about a giant monster going nuts.
    Cloverfield lane is about uh... well what is it about? People in a bunker hiding from what one guy says is the end of the world?
    Third one is gonna be about, I assume by the title, the finding of the "God particle" and some catastrophy related to that.

How do these at all tie together?

But are they at all related? Cloverfield is about a giant monster going nuts.
    Cloverfield lane is about uh... well what is it about? People in a bunker hiding from what one guy says is the end of the world?
    Third one is gonna be about, I assume by the title, the finding of the "God particle" and some catastrophy related to that.

How do these at all tie together?
    Same creatures??? Have you SEEN the films? To that one guy, it is found footage.. shaky cam is the most dumbed down way to describe a films narrative.