Please blizzard give us alpha im tired of arguing about this shit, please.

Quote Originally Posted by tristannarutofan View Post
    like i've said before it would make sense for bfa to end with these allies we brought in to fight our wars, to in turn use their diplomacy to force their will on the horde and alliance for the betterment of both
    Nah, BFA will end with a big "unknown" enemy rising to unimaginable levels of danger with the supposed wisdom of the expansion being that the Alliance and the Horde got too carried away fighting and letting that enemy go unnoticed (LOL) and that they should be more tolerable to each other (ROFL). The usual BS tripe.

Bookmark this post.

Quote Originally Posted by Bjoramier of Lordaeron View Post
    All wow night elves are bad now anyway so it doesn't really matter.
    like i said alliance writing is basically humans with cheerleaders.
    Anemo: traveler, Sucrose
    Pyro: Yanfei, Amber, diluc, xiangling, thoma, Xinyan, Bennett
    Geo: Noelle, Ningguang, Yun Jin, Gorou
    Hydro: Barbara, Zingqiu, Ayato
    Cyro: Shenhe, Kaeya, Chongyun, Diona, Ayaka, Rosaria
    Electro: Fischl, Lisa, Miko, Kujou, Raiden, Razor

Quote Originally Posted by Mekkle View Post
    I feel like any time the word Elf is mentioned is mentioned, the usual people show up and detract any thread. The obsession is crazy.

The lightforged I feel are gonna be the most boring i feel.
    i've not been one to pay attention to who posts what but i guess that was a mistake on my part its apparet that this bjornwhatever and general person are taking their roleplaying their faction way to seriously .

I do feel like the draenei have been very light on personality with almost all their story being in Legion, and the last half of it for that. even when they got quest hubs like in azshara it was pretty much 'we trying to help allies help me make crystal thing" and thats it.

and unlike zandalari and dark iron i dont expect to get alot of content with these 4 allies races since their stories are legion content.

hopefully they will do something with them
    Romance doesnt detract from a story. Its a Genre, like horror or comedy or adventure. The game was ruined when we got Horror in drustvar or nazmir. It wasnt ruined when we had funny quests. So if you think a little man on man love ruins the game, then yes you are either a homophobe or just a spoil sport that goes "ewww kissing is yucky" like a baby. Furthermore, if a character has never expressed interest in any gender, then its not proof they are straight. straight people are not the default

I never get the chance to talk about elf scum, today is my time.

Quote Originally Posted by General Zanjin View Post
    like i said alliance writing is basically humans with cheerleaders.
    Maybe. But at least it's not the evil caped Lich Queen and her bootlicking troll and orc lackeys.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by rda View Post
    Nah, BFA will end with a big "unknown" enemy rising to unimaginable levels of danger with the supposed wisdom of the expansion being that the Alliance and the Horde got too carried away fighting and letting that enemy go unnoticed (LOL) and that they should be more tolerable to each other (ROFL). The usual BS tripe.

Bookmark this post.
    nah I'm good

Quote Originally Posted by Bigbazz
    MMO champion for example used to be the center of WoW theorycrafting

Quote Originally Posted by Seramore View Post
    nah I'm good
    You're the only one who can end this disgusting elf debate.

Quote Originally Posted by Yarathir View Post
    Maybe. But at least it's not the evil caped Lich Queen and her bootlicking troll and orc lackeys.
    how cute the lich queen remark.

i will take sylvanas. you can have the brad pitt knock off.

Quote Originally Posted by rda View Post
    Your opponent actually has a point there in that before blood elves the Alliance was heavily outnumbering the Horde and it's the addition of the blood elves that stopped it.

Compare:

https://web.archive.org/web/20060328...com/census.php --- vanilla, 60A:40H
    https://web.archive.org/web/20080913...:80/census.php --- TBC, 53A:47H

You can see on the second screen where the growth is.
    yea but to suggest the blood elves 'saved' it you'd also have to see proof that the designers intentionally did that (my thought is they wanted to subvert types, hence why with the night elves they made them the 'dark elves' of warcraft). You'd have to prove that the horde numbers were in decline and that it was hurting the game.

no one can dispute that blood elves gave players not interested in playing a monster the chance to try horde, but there is no reason to think it was done to 'save' them. many would point out how Horde players seem to outnumber alliance in many venues, many devs prefer horde imagery ect ect ect.

but yea anyways blood elves have been in the game since warcraft 3 and were a major part of the frozen throne expansion. it was only a matter of time before they were added to the game (unless of course WoW was a flop and never got any expansions)
    Romance doesnt detract from a story. Its a Genre, like horror or comedy or adventure. The game was ruined when we got Horror in drustvar or nazmir. It wasnt ruined when we had funny quests. So if you think a little man on man love ruins the game, then yes you are either a homophobe or just a spoil sport that goes "ewww kissing is yucky" like a baby. Furthermore, if a character has never expressed interest in any gender, then its not proof they are straight. straight people are not the default

how cute the lich queen remark.

i will take sylvanas. you can have the brad pitt knock off.
    I can't wait until she becomes a raid boss.

I can't wait until she becomes a raid boss.
    wont happen.

wont happen.
    Demon Hunters won't happen.

Alliance thalassian elves won't happen.

Pandaren won't happen.

Sub races won't happen.

Tis' only a matter of time

Do i need to spell it out for you?

Thalyssra proved tyrande right, got her "feelings" insulted, and genuinely likes blood elves better.

Also, she joined the horde while her population was greatly diminished during a full scale world war, and INSTANTLY wants to go to ashenvale to fight.

0 build up, 0 story behind it, needs atleast 2 expacs of development (this is for most allied races)

Maybe Nightborne X Blood Elf, is the new High Elf X Human
    Thalyssra likes the blood elves better because they have cultural similirities and she bonded with one of their leaders

She joined the horde in order to help her people. like you said they just got out of a War and she's joining the horde because the horde has resources they can use to help the Nighborne, the cutscene that spurned this even shows the Horde helping Suramar recover. the factions are not Military. joining the horde or alliance does not mean they have to send military aid. Heck that was a major part of Wrath and Catalcysm is that for the first time the horde and alliance were each unified while previously they only sent a mediocre amount of aid to each other.

The horde can send builders and personel to help suramar, and the nightborne can show good faith by letting the occasional magical expert help other horde cities, and from the looks of it a major part of it is that Nightborne adventurers are going to expand the world similar to how the Pandaren did.

And the Ashenvale thing is a bit more difficult , i had originally thought it was because its where the nightborn will be initially questing as lvl 20s the nearest lvl 20 zone to ogrimmar is Ashenvale.

But like i said It wasnt the NIghtborne who drew party lines. The horde and alliance are Forcing this choice. and they made a choice, the best one for their culture and their people. if joining one faction is the best way to help their people they will do it. and if the Horde and Alliance are going to force a war then they will have to defend their allies.

there is plenty of build up. the entire story is right there in the story. the problem is that its an MMO and that most of the intense details happen off screen. They arent going to make a 1 hour long scenario where you hear them debate for hours about it.

Heck even if the writing could be better the fact is from a narrative standpoint, like i said, if they want to go out into the world they have to join one. Andthey picked the one that has the people they have the strongest connection to, its as simple as that.

- - - Updated - - -

Tyrande was a bitch, end of story.
    and if we go back to the datamined stuff. it was alot stated that by thalyssra, the night elves lost who they are by being in the alliance. which she didnt want for the nightborne.
    nothing wrong with being a bitch especially if its deserved. the night elves are a primal people more than willing to bear fang and claw and arent going to let any magic obsessed people destroy their homes.

If wanting to protect your homes against recklessness makes one a bitch then i guess we are bitches

Can we argue about something else? this is boring.

Are there other cinematics for the Allied races that just haven’t been de encrypted yet? Or is that it?

"I was backstabbed by a group of people when I needed them most (during a Burning Legion invasion)"

"Now they need my help most (during another Burning Legion invasion).. sure! I'll let my own people die to save those that betrayed me because they might end up becoming our allies someday if we kiss their toes long and hard enough!"

Said literally no competent leader ever.
    the elves of suramar did not join the legion, it is as if the united states was upset because portugal was neutral in the WWII

Quote Originally Posted by Ningjinq View Post
    Are there other cinematics for the Allied races that just haven’t been de encrypted yet? Or is that it?
    probably, i'm guessing someone found the encryption key.

I wonder what @Marlamin has to say about it.

It is bad writing for Thalyssra because she's far more reasonable than to just write the Night Elves because of the one time Tyrande metaphorically spat on her pride.

And Tyrande didn't use them as literal meatshields, she simply made it clear that the survival of her people are prioritized over the survival of the Nightborne. She still helped out the rebellion, even if you could proclaim it was for selfish reasons.

And the funniest thing that both Liadrin (ironic) and Thalyssra have the gall to call Tyrande arrogant when Thalyssra really just ends up not wanting to bother reaching out to Tyrande again because she felt her pride trampled upon by Tyrande daring to imply that her people would do something that they already did before.

- - - Updated - - -

And Liadrin also never had her people betrayed by the Nightborne within her very own lifetime.

Oh, the person I didn't backstab is way more nice to me than the person I did backstab. What a mystery. The person I backstabbed must be AN ASSHOLE WHO DOESN'T CARE ABOUT POOR OLD ME."
    Most nightborne are people who were born after the war of the ancients.
    the ancestors of liadrin also fought against the legion 10 thousand years ago

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Drekmar View Post
    It could easily mean anything.
    except we KNOW it does mean, its NOT added as a BG, but hell you dont like reason and logic anyway do you?

- - - Updated - - -

And where is your source on that? No where. Fummockelchen must know inside information to be that arrogant about something we all know nothing about.
    oh silly dwarf are you to silly to google if you cant watch the vids where blizzard states 7.3.5 has shores as a PREVIEW (whatever that is) and NOT as a BG?