Page 32 of 34 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    I don't like the SEC dominance and the fact ESPN fans those flames by pretending it's the only conference that matters most of the time, but the truth is that the teams usually ARE among the best in college football and deserve credit for delivering.

I think most of the "problem" is Nick Saban. Much like Belichick is a "problem" in the pros. As long as he coaches, his teams will be in the upper echelons of college football and there's little to be done about it, "boring" as that may be. If you want to be the best, you are going to have to beat him.

I think Georgia has a good shot at it though, they looked legit last night. I do think though that the game will likely be "boring" again compared to the Rosebowl. Saban/Alabama seem to have that effect on games.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well, and they also benefit from only a 4 team playoff. and massive hypocrisy "You need to win your conference...except when you dont".

Quote Originally Posted by xskarma View Post
    I don't like the SEC dominance and the fact ESPN fans those flames by pretending it's the only conference that matters most of the time, but the truth is that the teams usually ARE among the best in college football and deserve credit for delivering.

I think most of the "problem" is Nick Saban. Much like Belichick is a "problem" in the pros. As long as he coaches, his teams will be in the upper echelons of college football and there's little to be done about it, "boring" as that may be. If you want to be the best, you are going to have to beat him.

I think Georgia has a good shot at it though, they looked legit last night. I do think though that the game will likely be "boring" again compared to the Rosebowl. Saban/Alabama seem to have that effect on games.
    I agree, with the adversity Georgia had to overcome and the fight and composure they showed its going to be a good game.

Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    Well, it is a valid argument since they actually beat a good team.

Hopefully its a powerful shove toward a 6 or 8 team playoff.
    Well, it is a valid argument since they actually beat a good team.

Hopefully its a powerful shove toward a 6 or 8 team playoff.
    The only ranked team UCF played all year was Memphis #20.

I'm all for a 8 team playoff. It should be the Champions from the Power 5 Conferences. Then let the committee pick the next three. Then we just do a draw of who plays who and at what bowl. Keep playing till there are 2 and the winner is the Champion. This year you'd have had:
    Wisconsin #6, Oklahoma #2, Clemson #1, UGA #3, and USC #8 in as Conference Champs. All within the top 8. Who does the committee take with the next 3? Now we can still have the talking and conversations about who's in or not and who got snubbed etc. Does UCF get in? Maybe why not?
    And if you don't like this then join a conference Texas....N. Dame....or just be happy going to another bowl game.

For its too many games... It would be just one more game. The last game that Alabama played before last night was over a month ago on Nov. 25th.

10+ Year Old Account
    I was counting their win against Auburn. It shows why you shouldnt really keep teams out "you only beat 1 ranked all year", because surprise, they were good enough to beat another ranked! Let an undefeated team prove itself in an 8 team format, or the playoffs will continue to be a joke.

and...Texas is in a conference last I checked? Notre Dame has the reputation / history that even with no conference, they'll be included if good enough (which is probably part of the problem. History / reputation weighs a lot).

- - - Updated - - -

Also, I love big man touchdowns. When I saw alabama but him in i KNEW they were gonna throw to him.

BIG LINEMEN DESERVE BIG REWARDS

UCF is still the real #1. They beat the team that beat both these teams. And they would have beaten Auburn by double digits if not for two missed field goals.
    Last edited by muto; 2018-01-02 at 07:54 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by draynay View Post
    I'm an SEC fan I hate the all SEC title game.
    I hate the SEC, but am kinda thankful for the all SEC title game. Perfect excuse to stay off the couch and do some night skiing.

It's a nice fuck-you to the all consuming nature of superfandom.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nick Saban complains about having to play football every week.

Remember this for next time committee, spare him the risk and leave his non-conference-winning-team out of it next year.
    Last edited by draynay; 2018-01-02 at 11:23 PM.

Nick Saban complains about having to play football every week.

Remember this for next time committee, spare him the risk and leave his non-conference-winning-team out of it next year.
    He'd have to stop being the best coach in NCAA football first.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by muto View Post
    UCF is still the real #1. They beat the team that beat both these teams. And they would have beaten Auburn by double digits if not for two missed field goals.
    UCF has to get invited to the Alabama Invitational first - aka - the College Football Playoff. Amazing how short people's memories are. Take a trip to Michigan State or Washington and ask them how it feels to get rolled in a playoff game you don't deserve to be in.

Alabama playing UCF with both teams 100% healthy.....not even a game.

- - - Updated - - -

Well, and they also benefit from only a 4 team playoff. and massive hypocrisy "You need to win your conference...except when you dont".
    Who are you supposed to be quoting?

15+ Year Old Account
    FIU, Maryland, Memphis (x2), Cincinnati, ECU, Navy, Austin Pea, SMU, UConn, Temple, USF.

That was UCF's regular season schedule, plus the conference championship. That is by no means a championship resume', and I would expect any team that is bowl worthy to run the table against that lot of nobodys. Put that team in the SEC, ACC, Big 10, Big 12...hell even the Pac 12, and there's no way in hell they go undefeated, and we all know it.

Sorry, wins and losses matter, but so does the schedule you play.

Meh until they force everyone into super conferences it's really hard for me to dump on a team like UCF for their schedule. It's automatically going to look super easy just because of that, and it ain't exactly all in their control if they are in one of the big boy conferences. Yeah they should probably play a few of the bigger guys to try and beef it up, but lets be honest, the big boys don't really like playing teams like that in the non-conference. Not a big enough of a win if they do win, but a whole lot of risk if they do lose.

TBH they need to expand the playoff and they need to break this foothold that these super conferences have over everything. TBH one is about as big of a problem as the other but no one really wants to talk about the latter, ever.

10+ Year Old Account
    UCF didn't have a schedule that cried for national attention, but they went undefeated, got a pretty great bowl opponent, and won, so their great season should be taken seriously. I'd rather they were in than Alabama, but I'd take pretty much any team over them.

And Miami got dumpstered.
    You got that right, we got REKT. We looked bad on so many levels. I mean shit, we wouldn't stop Taylor and didn't even really stack the box to stop him when Hornibrook was shredding us. Those slants were all falling in front of out safeties and then none of our corners were looking back at the QB on any of those TD passes. Dreadful.
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    Meant Wetback. That's what the guy from Home Depot called it anyway.
    ==================================
    If you say pls because it is shorter than please,
    I'll say no because it is shorter than yes.
    ==================================

10+ Year Old Account
    Anyone with a pregame guess? I said Georgia would win it all before bowl season began, but, reading about Alabama today and how much the Georgia staff has in common and how many of them worked for Saban. Kinda have to wonder if they have what it takes to beat their former coach.

I'm going to stick with my original thought, but an Alabama win would come as no shock at all.

10+ Year Old Account
    Georgia wins by 12. Bama is beaten up and inconsistent, especially with play calling, and nothing will stop that historic RB duo.

- - - Updated - - -

Also I'm at work with a migraine so I get to miss it all.

10+ Year Old Account
    Damn did not realise the NAT was on today. Thankyfully there was nothing else on tv so i decided to check sports channel!

Well if I remember right none of his former coaches have beaten Saban or it's been very very rare.

I'll take Georgia by a hair. I expect a boring grind out game tbh.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm hearing great things about this stadium, 2-3 hour waits to get in, leaky roof, no wifi, awesome.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm hearing great things about this stadium, 2-3 hour waits to get in, leaky roof, no wifi, awesome.
    3rd world stadium >.>

also Georgia finding their offense

10+ Year Old Account
    Wasn't that cause Trump was in attendence and they had much stricter security than usual?

In game matters: Alabama can't seem to hang with this Georgia team. Not on offense nor defense.