Page 9 of 17 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Because of most of this generation's gamers. Most NA audiences aren't into the old school JRPG style of grind. Hell, there's a reason JRPG/JRPG MMOs have that genre attached to them.
    Current wow definitely has more appeal to NA audiences with a much more non grind(ish) approach. Look at current retail players and all the complaints about grinding for something simple as legendary items. Think of those players doing that kind of grind just to hit max level, then another grind just to successfully do things after max level.
    Now, I'm not saying that is poor design, as grindy RPGs and gameplay definitely has appeal for players; however, that market has definitely shrank with most NA markets, as well as a lot of markets outside of Asia.

Quote Originally Posted by Clone View Post
    Listen you clueless turd
    And again, lack or arguments or logical thought leads to offensive behavior. All good buddy, thick skin having endured trolls on the internet for a long time, but nothing you said afterwards matters.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by hulkgor View Post
    And again, lack or arguments or logical thought leads to offensive behavior. All good buddy, thick skin having endured trolls on the internet for a long time, but nothing you said afterwards matters.
    You can say the same thing about your old school versus new generation comment.

Everything I said shows how flawed your logic is.

Why do people act like classic wow was the shit?
    Whoever loves let him flourish. / Let him perish who knows not love. / Let him perish twice who forbids love. - Pompeii

10+ Year Old Account
    It wasn't torture. I loved it. But I'm not going anywhere near Classic WoW, even if it was free.

Scarab Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Starting a thread with hyperbole straight out the gate won't end well...

Different time and age when wow started.
    It was less "torturous" than it's competitors in the genre but still flawed in many of the same aspects that they still struggle with balancing to this day. All the QoL just makes it appear like torture when compared because you take all the improvements for granted when comparing 1.1 and 7.2. It's still largely the same game and the untrained eye wouldn't be able to tell much of the difference besides graphics at a quick glance.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by taliey View Post
    Why do people act like classic wow was the shit?
    They can't wait to unintentionally turn it into shit, with their shit attitude of shitting on everything they disagree with.
    Nostalgia is a powerful drug, drugs are bad, m'kay?
    If you knew the candle was fire then the meal was cooked a long time ago.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Raziella View Post
    I have a memory of being poked in the eye with a tree branch, too, but that doesn't mean I want to do it again.

I do not understand why people want to suffer a pointless pain in the ass (for ONE class in this case!) for the sake of nostalgia and nothing else. Ammo wasn't fun, it wasn't compelling game play; players just didn't have an option at the time.
    Not all QoL changes are somehow "gamebreaking." Some just, you know, improve quality of life. Vastly.
    i think you misunderstood my point.

People "act" like classic wow was torture because it was ...and they actually remember how bad this shit was.

Because shit like "oh wait can't pull boss yet can you go pull a trash mob and let me drain until my Soul Shard bag was full again so I can cast my abilities...tnx " was super duper funzies /sarcasm

Quote Originally Posted by MrHappy View Post
    i think you misunderstood my point.

People "act" like classic wow was torture because it was ...and they actually remember how bad this shit was.

Because shit like "oh wait can't pull boss yet can you go pull a trash mob and let me drain until my Soul Shard bag was full again so I can cast my abilities...tnx " was super duper funzies /sarcasm
    Sorry, I thought you were responding to something you weren't, my bad.

Personally, some things in early WoW were total torture, but I have mostly fond memories of it.
    I still recall taking minute to frame screenshots of new areas I got to, and cool things I found.

But I would never want to go back there, because those memories can't be recreated, and things have progressed too far (not just in WoW) for any of it to be fun for me anymore.

Now you're just spewing random bullshit, and vastly wrong bullshit at that.

One thing is to consider that the game hasn't aged well (Vanilla 13 years ago and now), and that it's outdated, and has many flaws in regards to today's standards, that's all acceptable, as an opinion.

Stating that the game, back then, was torture and shit, is just being an idiot. The game was amazing, and there's a reason it had as much success and launched Blizzard to the gigantic mammoth it is today.

So yea, you might not like it, but the game was far from torture or shit, but hey, nice attempt on being edgy.

My opinion is that the game, 13 years later, is still unbelievably fun and exciting, even with stale content, and better than the current iterations on some regards. Community, immersion, scope and size of the world, etc. Yes, it's inferior on other aspects like balance, graphics, quality of life, etcs... most of those came with 13 years of development, but along those new features, some stuff got worse, even BAD in some cases, and they're the reason people dislike the direction they took, immensely...

... there's a reason people have been playing vanilla on shitty servers for the past decade, and it certainly isn't because it's torture or shit. Nor does nostalgia justify thousands of hours played on legacy realms.

GO FIGURE

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/World_...raft#Reception , yea, game was so much shit. pff, i don't even know how i endured it /s
    Last edited by hulkgor; 2018-01-04 at 10:41 PM.

10+ Year Old Account

One thing is to consider that the game hasn't aged well (Vanilla 13 years ago and now), and that it's outdated, and has many flaws in regards to today's standards, that's all acceptable, as an opinion.

Stating that the game, back then, was torture and shit, is just being an idiot. The game was amazing, and there's a reason it had as much success and launched Blizzard to the gigantic mammoth it is today.

So yea, you might not like it, but the game was far from torture or shit, but hey, nice attempt on being edgy.

My opinion is that the game, 13 years later, is still unbelievably fun and exciting, even with stale content, and better than the current iterations on some regards. Community, immersion, scope and size of the world, etc. Yes, it's inferior on other aspects like balance, graphics, quality of life, etcs... most of those came with 13 years of development, but along those new features, some stuff got worse, even BAD in some cases, and they're the reason people dislike the direction they took, immensely...

... there's a reason people have been playing vanilla on shitty servers for the past decade, and it certainly isn't because it's torture or shit. Nor does nostalgia justify thousands of hours played on legacy realms.

GO FIGURE
    It wasn't immersive, stop spouting that bullshit.

It wasn't torture but it was a grind, even more than the perceived legion grind.

Grinding isn't necessarily a bad thing but if a person is put off by the grind then they likely wouldn't like classic.

It wasn't immersive, stop spouting that bullshit.
    Millions disagree buddy. Your opinion isn't "right", nor "wrong" for that matter, it's just yours. You can keep repeating it all you want, i just don't understand what you're trying to accomplish. Make people not want to play, or try classic? lol, good luck with that.

edit : I'm also pretty sure that you, even with that that bubbly hatred towards vanilla, will in fact try out classic once its out .
    Last edited by hulkgor; 2018-01-04 at 10:47 PM.

Search Marketpl4ce on Google and join!

New marketplace forums for all! Earn cash by posting and inviting friends!

People claim it's torture because they lack the intelligence to describe things in a reasonable manner and thus dive right towards hyperbole to make it sound like they got a point. Sadly it's just a case of vanilla isn't for them if they don't like vanilla. Retail isn't gling away.

10+ Year Old Account
    Millions disagree buddy. Your opinion isn't "right", nor "wrong" for that matter, it's just yours. You can keep repeating it all you want, i just don't understand what you're trying to accomplish. Make people not want to play, or try classic? lol, good luck with that.

edit : I'm also pretty sure that you, even with that that bubbly hatred towards vanilla, will in fact try out classic once its out .
    It's not an opinion. An opinion would be like "I find vanilla more enjoyable." Vanilla being immersive is a straight up lie.

I don't have anything against vanilla, nor people that prefer it. But I am not gonna sit around and pretend it's more immersive.

10+ Year Old Account

GO FIGURE

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/World_...raft#Reception , yea, game was so much shit. pff, i don't even know how i endured it /s
    yep this was clearly not torture and totally fun immersive gameplay

It's not an opinion. An opinion would be like "I find vanilla more enjoyable." Vanilla being immersive is a straight up lie.

I don't have anything against vanilla, nor people that prefer it. But I am not gonna sit around and pretend it's more immersive.
    You should really learn the meaning of "opinion", and "immersion" for that matter. They don't mean what you think they do.

- - - Updated - - -

yep this was clearly not torture and totally fun immersive gameplay

Yea, because Warcraft hasn't been filled with gamebreaking bugs, exploits or glaring balance issues throughout every expansion in the game's history. Let's single out vanilla issues. And that was eventually fixed\changed by the way, in case you missed it. You can have Classic without that issue whatsoever, it's just a matter of them picking the appropriate patch\version.

That isn't even fucking vanilla (on the 2nd video). Lol, dude has glyphs (https://youtu.be/N9dteIiUaV8?t=68)... vanilla FOR SURE. Goes to show the same glaring issues occured AFTER vanilla, who knew! Or we can just ignore them and keep pinpointing classic as bad, got it.
    Last edited by hulkgor; 2018-01-05 at 12:10 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    You should really learn the meaning of "opinion", and "immersion" for that matter. They don't mean what you think they do.

- - - Updated - - -

Yea, because Warcraft hasn't been filled with gamebreaking bugs, exploits or glaring balance issues throughout every expansion in the game's history. Let's single out vanilla issues. And that was eventually fixed\changed by the way, in case you missed it. You can have Classic without that issue whatsoever, it's just a matter of them picking the appropriate patch\version.

Also, is that video (the 2nd atleast) even from official vanilla?)
    Explain to me how carrying 1000+ worth of ammo in a bag is immersive then.

Better yet explain how mount in a bag is immersive.

Explain to me how carrying 1000+ worth of ammo in a bag is immersive then.
    What's more immersive? Shooting non-existent imaginary bullets or arrows, or actually having them with you?

The immersion comes when you try shooting an enemy and realize you don't have any ammo mid combat and things go wrong.

That's where immersion grabs you.

Go figure!

10+ Year Old Account
    What's more immersive? Shooting non-existent imaginary bullets or arrows, or actually having them with you?

The immersion comes when you try shooting an enemy and realize you don't have any ammo mid combat and things go wrong.

That's where immersion grabs you.

Go figure!
    No. You don't get to use an argument hinged on realism when the very same mechanic is breaks realism.

The very same mechanic you are celebrating breaks immersion when you shoot for the 100th time and realize you have a load of ammo that can only be carried around in a cart.

That's where immersion breaks, hence not immersive.

Go figure.