Page 17 of 18 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Because I have a lot of time to waste, I went and checked for obviously delusional OP. People have been pointing out the video was obviously staged as far back as early 2006 WoWWiki article edits.

It's never been a mystery. I was in high school when it came out and we all knew it was fake, ffs.

Quote Originally Posted by Algy View Post
    Are you talking the metzen daughter thing, because that is far from a "PC culture destorying video games" kind of mindset people have when they complain about this stuff. That is kind of the perfect example of overreacting, moaning about "PC culture" or "PC" over the daughter thing, just as those that see bayonetta as an oversexualization for a male audience despite the context of the whole situation.

The post I replied to said nothing about destroying games. And yes, changing sexualized NPC models because it may irk women, create bad role models and whatnot is pretty PC (especially because, again, there is no in-story reason behind that whatsoever; you can also add Sylvanas being vain to what I mentioned before). Hell, "why won't anyone think of the children" is pretty much the grandparent of PC mentality (admittedly of more conservative variety, but then again it showcases nicely how horseshoe theory applies to this line of thought which is a tangent you brought up here).
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Does the CIA pay you for your bullshit or are you just bootlicking in your free time?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    I'm quite tired of people who dislike something/disagree with something while attacking/insulting anyone that disagrees. Its as if at some point, people forgot how opinions work.

Quote Originally Posted by Mehrunes View Post
    The post I replied to said nothing about destroying games. And yes, changing sexualized NPC models because it may irk women, create bad role models and whatnot is pretty PC (especially because, again, there is no in-story reason behind that whatsoever; you can also add Sylvanas being vain to what I mentioned before). Hell, "why won't anyone think of the children" is pretty much the grandparent of PC mentality (admittedly of more conservative variety, but then again it showcases nicely how horseshoe theory applies to this line of thought which is a tangent you brought up here).
    I do agree it is a "PC" change, but really not what i was implying with my original post. The people complaining about this being "PC" are doing so in an overreaching way and not the simple "a kid told her dad it was weird and he changed it", which I feel is generally implied when people talk "PC" these days.

We should prob go to PMs if we want to continue this, just saw the mod message and this is pretty OT. (It doesn't stand out as much without a color!)

Herald of the Titans Putin-Chan's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Hasn't this been common knowledge?
    You could have the world in the palm of your hands
    You still might drop it

Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    But nobody said "where's Leeroy?" "getting food" in the video, you have to assume that to make the joke work. It's a payoff with no setup, that's why it doesn't work as a joke.

But when though? Is there some preface to this video I've never seen?
    I didn't say it did or didn't work. It is meant to be a "You know you have a friend like this" scenario.

And the setup to it is implied... especially with the big "AFK" marker above leeroy's head.

Quote Originally Posted by Zorgulon View Post
    We have known for a long time that the original video was fake. We were informed that it was a "recreation" of what happened. You can hear it on the "the chances of success is 33,33% recurring ofc". No one says that x)
    It might be totally fake tho, hope not, but hey, still a classic ^^
    I thought it was more of a dead giveaway when the guy of whom the camera is focused on just ran around the entire UBRS deliberately pathing to set off all the eggs after everybody started freaking about about Leroy.

But initially we all wanted to believe it because, well, we wanted to as it was the perfect summation of what every bad-pull happens with pugs. :P

Quote Originally Posted by IIBloodXLustII View Post
    I didn't say it did or didn't work. It is meant to be a "You know you have a friend like this" scenario.

And the setup to it is implied... especially with the big "AFK" marker above leeroy's head.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fayolynn View Post
    The punchline isn't That he had chicken. That was just a dumb comment tacked on to be funny in the lol random sort of way. The joke is "let's make an elaborate plan that get a ruined by afk player." You don't need to know why they were afk for the joke to make sense.
    Like I said, obviously the main joke is the guy being AFK and then charging in like an idiot without hearing the plan. That doesn't require any more setup.

The "at least I have chicken" joke is what I'm saying isn't properly set up. At least, if it's supposed to be implied he was AFK getting chicken. And it's not just random gibberish.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

15+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, I've always thought it was fake... Kinda surprised anyone thought it was real...
    Mistweaver Monk | Holy Priest

7+ Year Old Account
    I am going to make the conscious choice to believe that it is real despite this thread because sometimes it is better to remain blissfully ignorant.

I knew it was fake before I even started playing, not to forget the video on the frontpage a few weeks back
    Quote Originally Posted by Algy View Post
    Those people are the worst. That sylvanas thread where people are triggered cause she had her midriff covered are such silly people.
    I see the issue as more of a 5 year old in MSpaint could do it better/it sticking out like a sore thumb compared to the rest of her outfit than an "SJW"/censorship thing.
    Last edited by Chinese Bootlickers; 2018-01-05 at 09:27 AM. Reason: initially was entirely OT

10+ Year Old Account
    I'll say the same thing now that I said however ungodly many years ago it was that I first saw this. It's obviously staged, but it's just such perfect on the mark humor for anyone who ever ran UBRS that it was spot on funny. This is about as scandalous as discovering that Melissa Mccarthy isn't really Sean Spicer, and that SNL was lying to you from the start!

Quote Originally Posted by kasierith View Post
    this is about as scandalous as discovering that melissa mccarthy isn't really sean spicer
    what?!?!?!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by degarmo View Post
    what?!?!?!
    I was pretty stunned too, but after I gave it some more thought I realized their names are spelled and pronounced differently.

I thought that this was pretty well known for a long time.

They litterally said day one that it was staged and inspired of something else that happened

Deleted
    Oh no a video on the internet was staged??? Does anyone actually care?

I did not know this. *snort*

/fades into the shadows

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tennis View Post
    Let`s see some unrefutable proof from 5-10 years ago that shows it was fake. I`ll be waiting.
    /watch?v=TInzn3NDjuU Interview with leeroy Jenkins at Blizzcon 2007

From the video description they claim it was satire.

"This is an interview with the guy who voiced and played as Leeroy Jenkins. World of Warcraft legend Ben Schulz was interviewed at Blizzcon 2007.
    The Leeroy Jenkins phenomenon started in 2005 when the guild PALS FOR LIFE posted their infamous video on the World of Warcraft forum. The Leeroy Jenkins video was a satire about the nerd guilds of that era that went through ridiculous preparation and long planned out tactics that all resulted in a wipe out of the entire raid party thanks to Leeroy. Since that video was released Leeroy's name would go on fondly remembered in history. Leeroy may have been the most influential WoW celebrity due to the fact that he was the very first right before WoW turned into the juggernaut it became."