Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zabatakis View Post
    "Somewhat unpredictable". Lol so its still RNG till the very end.
    Of course it's RNG. Every new feature is going to be RNG. Must keep those quarterly MAU reports looking good. Forcing players to unpredictable outcomes hooks them into farming these things.

It's all about the MAUs.

Quote Originally Posted by Cracked View Post
    https://blue.mmo-champion.com/topic/...ening-essence/

Never trust a word Blizzard puts out.
    To be fair, that cm may not have known, eu cms aren't always told much

Quote Originally Posted by Cracked View Post
    https://blue.mmo-champion.com/topic/...ening-essence/

Never trust a word Blizzard puts out.
    There's a solid chance that they change the required currency, or make it so that any saved up doesn't apply to buying the legos. They've done similar in the past.

Quote Originally Posted by Onikaroshi View Post
    To be fair, that cm may not have known, eu cms aren't always told much
    They post in 1 thread per month and they still manage to fuck it up at least 50% of the time.

Figures they would wait til the ass end of the expansion to do this.

Deleted
    I wouldn't trust anything Blues post in the EU forum, they're basically cut completely out of the loop - they're employed by Blizzard in France and it seems they don't talk to the mothership and the mothership rarely cares to inform them - so most of the stuff they say is only loosely aligned to the stuff real CM's and Devs say in the real Blizzard forums.

I just clogged my toilet.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Shakou View Post
    Somebody get me a plunger.

Deleted
    yeah the costs are way to rng high. 100 essences for a token ok but 175?.....

Quote Originally Posted by Fummockelchen View Post
    yeah the costs are way to rng high. 100 essences for a token ok but 175?.....
    Its one week of work, not that big of a deal

175 is more than fine. 50 can be done in a few days max. So probably take you a week or just over to get 175.

I don't see the issue with that for a catchup mechanism.

10+ Year Old Account
    Its one week of work, not that big of a deal
    Yeah, one week of work on average, you can technically get more with rng, upwards to 200-225 if super lucky.

Ontop of that you get your normal legendary drops, I doubt these affect bad luck protection..

Meaning you could literally have all legendaries for one spec in 6-8 weeks (or earlier if extremely lucky, but on average 6-8)

thats..pretty quick, and more than likely your bis legendaries won't be the last 2 (possible but unlikely) meaning you can really start playing your alts quickly after they hit 110 without having to grind forever with a giant random ass hope of getting bis legendaries.

If you do everything its pretty much 1.5 - 2 legendaries a week with normal legendary drops + tokens now..thats finally what we've been needing. And I wouldn't be surprised if they up drop rates again with 7.3.5 + the catch up, they've done it every single patch.

When you play a lot and do everything that contributes to legendaries BLP (except pvp - didn't do that) you were able to get one roughly every 3 days (~or extrapolated roughly 7 in 3 weeks). I tested that when the new token system hit. Adding the new system that would make it roughly 10 every 3 weeks. That is a pretty good rate if you are able and willing to grind some.
    Last edited by Deiae; 2018-01-06 at 09:09 AM.

worthless. It's still rng. Couldn't care less about this and definitely won't play any additionally to care about what extra random legendary my crappy alt that I've grown to not give half a shit about due to this xpac could possibly randomly get.

10+ Year Old Account
    More predictable then "I did every raid this week, all the mythic dungeons, a M+, all my emmisaries, all of argus multiple times, and sold my soul. MAYBE I can get a legendary next week"
    Exactly.

Its a pretty nice mechanic IMO. There's a few legendaries that have just been impossible for me to get this expansion, and a few toons that have had almost no luck in general with them despite a significant amount of play time. So something that we can work toward with a guaranteed end result works for me.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by fiestatastic View Post
    worthless. It's still rng. Couldn't care less about this and definitely won't play any additionally to care about what extra random legendary my crappy alt that I've grown to not give half a shit about due to this xpac could possibly randomly get.
    Okay, well, thanks for sharing?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Shakou View Post
    There's still like.. 8-10 months left. On what planet is that the end of the expansion?
    Appreciate your time with friends and family while they're here. Don't wait until they're gone to tell them what they mean to you.

Quote Originally Posted by ZazuuPriest View Post
    I use a combo for Maraad's and Soul of the Highlord, if you have those I'd test it out you get a lot of insane Martyrs
    Maraad is situational at best, but pretty FUN don't get me wrong. Soul and Jewel are the top performing legendaries by far. Velen's shines better on a few fights though, but that's really only if you don't have a decent ilvl Sea Star and Eonar's trinket, which most mythic raider should have.

Quote Originally Posted by kamuimac View Post
    no it server only 1 purpose - so that junkies addicted to game stay subbed thorough a year without proper content

it doesnt server anything else.
    actually it directly goes against that purpose
    it cuts down grind time for legendaries

0/10 troll or braincells depending on if you were serious

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Finally a catch up. I wonder few things:

1. Will this replace existing RNG system or is it just extra thing like chance of legendary from 910 token? If this is #2 thing (and don't break bad luck protection), it would basically double our chances for orange.
    2. What if I buy this token on main (with all legos) - will it become account wide?

Edit: nevermind, blue post just answered both things for me ;P.

I'm really pissed I handed over the last essence quest, I could be farming this essences already if I knew they were going to be used

Quote Originally Posted by zantheus1993 View Post
    actually it directly goes against that purpose
    it cuts down grind time for legendaries

0/10 troll or braincells depending on if you were serious
    They will play more chars. It works as incentive.
    Last edited by Deiae; 2018-01-06 at 10:01 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    If you already upgraded them all its not, just check on my pally, no quest.
    Yes and no. I've got 3, all 1000 and got the quest. HOWEVER... it turns out that if you never had a legendary under 1000 (i.e. you got your first legendary in 7.3 so it was 1000 when it dropped), then you can't get the quest. Two of my three were 970s originally so even though I upgraded them I can still get the quest. Seems fucked up to me and likely a bug.