Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Vortextex View Post
    - - - Updated - - -

I never said it was easy, and I never said that Nostalrius/Elysium or any other private server (even felmyst) is even close to what it should be like. If it has to take a lot of time, then so be it. What I'm saying is that we should have more frequent updates about what they're doing.
    What is there to update though? What is it that you want? We are about 30-36 months from classic release. Calm the fuck down, ok?
    Quote Originally Posted by Nizah View Post
    why so mad bro

Quote Originally Posted by Baconeggcheese View Post
    I imagine people are just curious of when and how it'll be implemented since there's a lot of potential for it to go many different ways.
    When? When the next expansion is in a content drought, of course.
    That is years away. Why would they talk about that now? They need players to be hyped about BfA and nothing else.

How? I doubt they know thmesleves and if they do talk about it and later change their minds about something then people will freak out. Makes sense to say nothing at all.

There really is nothing to be gained by talking about any of this at the moment. At least not for Blizzard.

Quote Originally Posted by NoobistTV-Metro View Post
    Makes me think they aren't anywhere close to having a playable product
    They aren't. They're still hiring people for the group that's to work on it. They are years away.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by munkeyinorbit View Post
    We are about 30-36 months from classic release.
    Uuuuuh wait, I agree with you when you told him to calm the fuck down but...30-36 months from classic release? Wut? Where do these numbers come from?

- - - Updated - - -

I never said it was easy, and I never said that Nostalrius/Elysium or any other private server (even felmyst) is even close to what it should be like. If it has to take a lot of time, then so be it. What I'm saying is that we should have more frequent updates about what they're doing.
    It's been two months. Do you realize how much time it takes just to hire people(which they're doing specifically for classic WoW) and then to train them in their own software/hardware? Certainly longer than two months.

No news concerning classic wow when there's something about BFA every two days or so, no blue post, nothing, nada. The more times passes by, the more I think that this is just a way to make people shut up about it and to reduce the amount of people willing to play on unofficial servers.

"this is gonna take some time...but it will happen"...ok, it's gonna take some time, but you don't have to leave us in the dark like this...

I'm not even asking for a release date (that's stupid, they can't give us one yet), but to at least give us SOMETHING: where are they, what's the process, what are they doing? And so on...
    Stop.

If you want news about classic wow go look at the decades old shit. You expect them to tell you something you don't know about this ancient content?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Speaknoevil View Post
    Stop.

If you want news about classic wow go look at the decades old shit. You expect them to tell you something you don't know about this ancient content?
    News about where they are when it comes to the redevelopment of something that INDEED existed in the past, like you just said yourself. You either misunderstood me, or you're being sarcastic.

To cover its downtime? You're talking about the case where classic would be launched before BFA, or after, during a content drought? I'm not sure I understood you there
    Content drought of BFA, around 1.5-2 years from now.

No news concerning classic wow when there's something about BFA every two days or so, no blue post, nothing, nada. The more times passes by, the more I think that this is just a way to make people shut up about it and to reduce the amount of people willing to play on unofficial servers.

"this is gonna take some time...but it will happen"...ok, it's gonna take some time, but you don't have to leave us in the dark like this...

I'm not even asking for a release date (that's stupid, they can't give us one yet), but to at least give us SOMETHING: where are they, what's the process, what are they doing? And so on...
    What the hell?

Dude, it will take a while, between 1-2 years, just get over it.

Also, don't compare BFA's activity and information, which is the next big expansion coming out, to what is a entirely side-project that is more of a passion project for die hard vanilla fans.

That's just being absurd.

Release will be November 2019, in time for the 15th anniversary and during a BFA content draught.

Cry for Classic, then cry for no new news.

What a crybaby.

It's Classic, what do you want to know? QoL features? Probably not going to happen, because its Classic, and you get it when it comes.
    Disarm now correctly removes the targets’ arms.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Pickynerd View Post
    Cry for Classic, then cry for no new news.

What a crybaby.

It's Classic, what do you want to know? QoL features? Probably not going to happen, because its Classic, and you get it when it comes.
    I never cried for classic wow, sorry. In fact I only started using this forum once the announcement was made.

I never cried for classic wow, sorry. In fact I only started using this forum once the announcement was made.
    Live only has data mined information, don't know why Classic would get special news feed and updates. Yes, Classic is PR, its to get old people back paying a sub, just to remember how crappy it was and to hopefully get them to go live which will be more like Classic, but not as crappy.

@Aggrophobic I'm not looking for answers, I'm just saying what I imagine people are wanting to hear about when you say "what info do you need?"
    ..and so he left, with terrible power in shaking hands.

Deleted
    - - - Updated - - -

Live only has data mined information, don't know why Classic would get special news feed and updates. Yes, Classic is PR, its to get old people back paying a sub, just to remember how crappy it was and to hopefully get them to go live which will be more like Classic, but not as crappy.
    I guess it's a matter of opinion. I've been playing on nostalrius for months, and I played on Wod and Legion as well...while I had tons of fun playing the older version of the game, I also really felt like the current version of the game is just extremely boring, at least to me. This is not world of warcraft anymore, it's just another "massively boringly online single player game" now

Quote Originally Posted by Baconeggcheese View Post
    @Aggrophobic I'm not looking for answers, I'm just saying what I imagine people are wanting to hear about when you say "what info do you need?"
    And I'm sure you're right about that but as I said, I doubt Blizzard has much to gain from talking about it.

You do realize this is still in PRE-Production. The are still hiring for people to even WORK on the project. There is no news because its just a concept at this time and their just isn't any news to share. We might hear more around Blizzcon 2018. There is no news because there is nothing to share.

Deleted
    I mean they said they were working on it and needed the communities help to define some of the finer details on qol and what build to do, their still working on this. Fucking anyway it's classic what news do you want there to be? There will be 8 races and 9 classes? Until they have an idea about the gritty details there's nothing new to announce

- - - Updated - - -

I guess it's a matter of opinion. I've been playing on nostalrius for months, and I played on Wod and Legion as well...while I had tons of fun playing the older version of the game, I also really felt like the current version of the game is just extremely boring, at least to me. This is not world of warcraft anymore, it's just another "massively boringly online single player game" now
    It is opinion, for now, but if you think that the numbers on Nos had to do with classic being more fun, and nothing to do with it being a quality free to play mmorpg, you're crazy.

I agree with you that wow is super boring now days, but so is classic, the game is getting harder and harder to enjoy on all levels. I cannot wait for the day it is replaced by something actually superior.

Deleted
    It is opinion, for now, but if you think that the numbers on Nos had to do with classic being more fun, and nothing to do with it being a quality free to play mmorpg, you're crazy.

I agree with you that wow is super boring now days, but so is classic, the game is getting harder and harder to enjoy on all levels. I cannot wait for the day it is replaced by something actually superior.
    I'd say you're half right concerning nostalrius. Many people playing private servers in 2014-2015 did it for free (and before that, the vast majority of them just didn't want to pay for wow). However, Nostalrius changed everything: in a matter of months, hundreds of thousands of people came to try it out. And the elysium relaunch in late 2016- early 2017 (depending on the servers) had the biggest numbers ever seen in the history of pservers.

Yes, there are people who only want to play for free, but when you look at the bigger picture (just see how the wow classic announcement is at the very top of the wow reddit list, by a very large margin, with more than 10 000 comments, and 55k upvotes, which is 3-4 times bigger than the reaction to the new expansion on reddit) I can definitely assure you that the majority of the classic playerbase right now is about playing the real WoW, made by Blizzard.

Quote Originally Posted by Aggrophobic View Post
    And I'm sure you're right about that but as I said, I doubt Blizzard has much to gain from talking about it.
    The question wasn't "what does blizzard have to gain from talking about it?" though, it was "what info do you need?".
    ..and so he left, with terrible power in shaking hands.