Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Sails View Post
    Did you miss the part where they said one of the last of the two major Black Empire leaders is the boss of the 2nd tier?

Sounds a filler expasion when we clash with one of the few remaining evils on Azeroth....
    who cares? raiding doesn't mean shit. the content is what matters. reference to wod of shit
    "You know you that bitch when you cause all this conversation."

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by TheramoreIsTheBomb View Post
    who cares? raiding doesn't mean shit. the content is what matters. reference to wod of shit
    Story progression does. Blizzard aren't treating this as a stop gap like WOD. It'll have repercussions on the larger Warcraft universe.

Man, a lot of these are wrong or have nothing to do with whether it's a filler expansion or not.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sails View Post
    Black Empire being a term for the old god forces. So yes she's one of the last two leaders of Azeroths old god forces. Below Nzoth
    That's not what Black Empire is.

And besides, except for the common consensus, it hasn't been confirmed anywhere that Azshara is a servant, leader, etc of the Old Gods. They transformed her and her people into naga, but we don't know anything else, do we?

Quote Originally Posted by ginfleth View Post

And besides, except for the common consensus, it hasn't been confirmed anywhere that Azshara is a servant, leader, etc of the Old Gods. They transformed her and her people into naga, but we don't know anything else, do we?
    We do know that they were co-operating as recently as Cataclysm.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ginfleth View Post

Of fucking sorry I used black Empire for short hand instead of forces loyal to former black empires rulers....

Yes course we know their in allegiance at the very least.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kallisto View Post
    "Everything I don't like is a filler expansion."

The cry of people like the OP

- - - Updated - - -

And yet people are either wanting Vanilla back (aka the grindiest of the grind) or between Vanilla and Legion were crying for non stop advancement of the character much like AP. It's almost as if most people do like th grind and just loudmouths were crying because

MMOs are designed by their nature to be a grind.
    Total Bs. Reason why people liked Vanilla isn't the grind but because the grind had an end and was worthwile.

AP doesnt have an end. It is an infinite grind. A carrot on a stick that could work with horses, but humans just lose interest.

10+ Year Old Account
    Are you trying to compete with Jaylock for the "Worst Threads" on MMO Champion? Seriously. Even WoD wasn't a filler expansion. They don't do "filler" expansions. They just realized too far into it that the concepts wouldn't work and redirected effort into Legion.

Quote Originally Posted by Nemmar View Post
    AP doesnt have an end. It is an infinite grind. A carrot on a stick that could work with horses, but humans just lose interest.
    Because you're not actually meant to stay focussed on acquiring as much of it as possible. At 75, you have your carrot. Everything beyond that is just extra, a free bonus that you don't really need to have.

There's no such thing as a filler expansion. Anime has filler because people other than the original artist come up with episodes or arcs to "fill" in time. They do this in order to wait for the manga to get far enough ahead so that they can start animating manga arcs instead.

Every WoW expansion has been made by Blizzard. Every WoW expansion has set up plot points that set up the next expansion; this has been especially noticeable since Cataclysm. Even WoD was both set-up by the previous expansion, by keeping Garrosh alive at the end of MoP and setting up Kairoz, and set up the next expansion, by having Gul'dan return to summon the Legion.

BfA is set up throughout Legion, both with the simmering Alliance versus Horde conflict since the "betrayal" at the Broken Shore and with the references to both Azshara and N'Zoth throughout Legion. BfA has far too much foreshadowing throughout Legion to consider it to be anything less than a significant expansion.
    Last edited by AbalDarkwind; 2018-01-06 at 08:23 PM.
    Professor of History at Dalaran University

Quote Originally Posted by Nemmar View Post
    Total Bs. Reason why people liked Vanilla isn't the grind but because the grind had an end and was worthwile.

There is an end. It's called 75. Everything else is just for those who cried for infinite power increase. Just that everything after 75 the power increase is so low that there's no real point to do it for sane players. Only idiots who think "This has a 0.001% increase in my power so I am forced to do it." will go on past 75.

Eh. I'm not convinced that "there are features I do not like" equates to "this is a filler expansion."

Deleted

• Less art time spending [Tier sets being removed. PvP and Raids now even sharing the same looks but with less looks, less pieces, more colors, more unaccessible colors of that set.]
    • Horde vs Alliance expansion is happening at a time when it doesn't make sense to happen.
    • Allied Races locked behind a rep grind is not fun for most people.
    • Reintroducing another, alt-killing and similar grind: Heart of Azeroth
    • Forcing people to level to 110 at a much slower rate seems very forebolding.
    Besides disagreeing with most of what you said, the listed items i quoted here just doesnt even make sense to me.

How do you know tier sets are removed?

Why doesnt it make sense for a Horde vs Alliance expansion?

"Allied Races locked behind a rep grind is not fun for most people."

1. How is that an argument for it being a filler expansion?
    2. What is your source for this?

"Reintroducing another, alt-killing and similar grind: Heart of Azeroth"

We dont know enough about this yet to say its gonna be the same as AP grind

"[*]Forcing people to level to 110 at a much slower rate seems very forebolding."

Where are you getting the "at a much slower rate" from? Also you arent forced to do anything.

The only thing i agree on that i dislike(not that its an argument for a filler expansion at all) is the class changes. There are some specs that needs to be severely overhauled besides stuff like melee hunter.

The prot spec for warriors is a mess atm. Its hard to balance and the active mitigation skills kinda suck(not as in bad, but as in boring). Warriors getting an absorbtion shield doesnt make sense. Shield block is fine. Give us a version of shield block that mitigates spell damage maybe? Not as an absorb, that doesnt make sense. As a % reduction or something.

As long as it is enjoyable I really don't give a fuck whether or not it will be a "filler" expansion.

My primary endgoal in WoW is raiding, as long as the raids are good I am satisfied, which is why I wasn't massively bothered by WoD because for all flaws the expansion had the raids weren't terrible.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account

Note I'm not taking ANY stance here. Just pointing things out.

Today I will comparing the filler expansion above to Battle for Azeroth.

Why it may be a filler expansion:
    • Less art time spending [Tier sets being removed. PvP and Raids now even sharing the same looks but with less looks, less pieces, more colors, more unaccessible colors of that set.]
    • No depth in the story from what we've seen, no real threat from either the Horde or Alliance since we know what will most likely happen to them both. (A truce)
    • Story is bridging into the next one for a full Old God themed expansion as WoD did with Legion. You can even see two Old God tentacles in the logo.
    • Missed opportunity to introduce a sea system in an ocean themed expansion.
    • Horde vs Alliance expansion is happening at a time when it doesn't make sense to happen.
    • Warfronts will be predictable system to be farmed over and over again with no real threat of losing since we will know which specific buildings to build in what situation.
    • Locking armor behind leveling slowly to 110 despite boosting a character to 110 with the expac or $60 and being able to obtain money and the player gets the armor is a bit forebolding.
    • We don't know where or what the capitals are in Tiragarde Sound or Zuldazar. Wasn't clarified. Could be Alliance and Horde uninspired make-shift-cities like Stormshield and Warspear.
    • There is nothing significantly different as far as end game content goes from BFA and Legion except Allied Races and Warfronts.
    • Classes won't be changing much. "Sandbox-Scenarios" from 7.3 are being continued. Reintroducing Artifact Grind as a necklace with similar netherlight crucible baked in. Etc.

Why it may not be a filler expansion:
    • Introduction cinematic already in game.
    • Art team in full swing with the base game. Music and art looks wonderfully done.
    • Story seems to be thought out and they know where to go from which point to the next unlike Warlords of Draenor.
    • Reducing a grind. [Artifacts to Heart of Azeroth]
    • Garrison/Order Hall table system discontinued in BFA.
    • Garrison/Order Hall upgrade system discontinued in BFA.
    • Reintroducing and improving on group scenario system.
    • Continuing the Legion system of World Quests and Emisarries
    • Continuing and improving the Legion system of Mythic +
    • Introducing playable races people have long waited to play is good.
    First observation, your bias clearly shows as you put alot more effort into explaining why you feel it is filler, compared to why it isn't.

Second observation, you're under the impression that the it's filler, instead of it being a new setting. We're heading into uncharted waters here, as all of this is going to be relatively new content storywise. We know there's Azshara and N'Zoth, but we know absolutely nothing about any other remaining protagonists.

In my opinion, I'm every single bit as hyped for Battle, if not more, as I was for Legion, Wrath, and Cata (Before the monumental letdown occurred, the hype for Cata was real).This could become the beat expansion of all time, it could be filler, it could be WoD 2.0, it could be somewhere in between. We won't know till we get it and see how it plays out, but after 4 years of garrisons and order halls and all of that, I'm really looking forward to just being able to play the game

- - - Updated - - -

And by playing the game, I mean doing actual content like warfronts, islands, raids, and m+, compared to doing alot of questing (world quests included)and then my weekly m+ and my raid clears. There's alot more content for players like myself coming in Battle
    Sylvaeres-Azkial-Pailerth @Proudmoore

https://bnetcmsus-a.akamaihd.net/cms...9567053378.jpg

https://raiderscdnv2-herr1437987216....de-sound-1.jpg

isnt this the alliance capital? That would make that part of your post wrong.

https://raiderscdnv2-herr1437987216....zuldazar-1.jpg

Is this the horde capital?
    Last edited by TheEaterofSouls; 2018-01-07 at 04:23 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    Because you're not actually meant to stay focussed on acquiring as much of it as possible. At 75, you have your carrot. Everything beyond that is just extra, a free bonus that you don't really need to have.
    That is a complete misunderstanding of the joy of competitiveness in a raid envyronment. When your output = how much did you no-life, no competition can be had. People get bored, people quit.
    I know that here in the forums theres a couple of you who never cared about it so you don't understand, but it's a reality. Many people in my server left because of it and more are saying they won't play BfA because of it. At least on my server and the raider community, it had a very real impact and it IS killing the game. The pay-off of just having some no lifers be rewarded with player power for playing non-stop is just not worth all the subs and population being lost.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kallisto View Post
    There is an end. It's called 75. Everything else is just for those who cried for infinite power increase. Just that everything after 75 the power increase is so low that there's no real point to do it for sane players. Only idiots who think "This has a 0.001% increase in my power so I am forced to do it." will go on past 75.
    I tire of non-raiders. If you don't raid, why do you care? I'm really not interested in talking with people who don't understand what raiding is about.

7+ Year Old Account

Note I'm not taking ANY stance here. Just pointing things out.

Today I will comparing the filler expansion above to Battle for Azeroth.

Why it may be a filler expansion:
    • Less art time spending [Tier sets being removed. PvP and Raids now even sharing the same looks but with less looks, less pieces, more colors, more unaccessible colors of that set.]what? do you work for blizz? because we have see n nothing to confirm this other then "we will be basing sets on the raid, not the class" we could get more, you are justm aking fannon on whats gunna happen
    • No depth in the story from what we've seen, no real threat from either the Horde or Alliance since we know what will most likely happen to them both. (A truce)uhhh what? we will be fighting for azeroth, and the real threat will be the old gods, the literal second raid has uf fighting azhara
    • Story is bridging into the next one for a full Old God themed expansion as WoD did with Legion. You can even see two Old God tentacles in the logo.what the fuck? two old god tentacles? what?
    • Missed opportunity to introduce a sea system in an ocean themed expansion.no one lieks underwater zones (i know some do, i do, but most dont)
    • Horde vs Alliance expansion is happening at a time when it doesn't make sense to happen.yes it does, the biggest threat ewe know to face is dead, and a massive source of power has shown up, now is the perfect time, the opposite faction is weak after the war, and will fight for the new massive power that has appeared, and we must stop them or they will blow us up with it, did you ever fucking hear of the cold war between russia and usa?
    • Warfronts will be predictable system to be farmed over and over again with no real threat of losing since we will know which specific buildings to build in what situation.lol what? really now? so just because people know what needs to be done, means it will allways happen? you have never raided, bged, or played any stratergy game have you?
    • Allied Races locked behind a rep grind is not fun for most people.except they artn, the quest to unlock them is.
    • Reintroducing another, alt-killing and similar grind: Heart of Azerothexcept it wont kill alts because they have stated there will be a good catch up system from the tstart, also since when has it been the game that "hey why the fuck cant i day one get my alt into the same mythic raiding sitatuation as my main wtf blizz" no it has never been that way.
    • Forcing people to level to 110 at a much slower rate seems very forebolding.lol what? its making leveling fucking fun again instead of 1 shoting mobs
    • Locking armor behind leveling slowly to 110 despite boosting a character to 110 with the expac or $60 and being able to obtain money and the player gets the armor is a bit forebolding.its locking a reward behind leveling the race, instead of being "lol yo ujust race changed but heres all this cool shit"
    • We don't know where or what the capitals are in Tiragarde Sound or Zuldazar. Wasn't clarified. Could be Alliance and Horde uninspired make-shift-cities like Stormshield and Warspear.what the fuck are you taljking about? they were very clarified... did you even fucking watch blizzcon?
    • There is nothing significantly different as far as end game content goes from BFA and Legion except Allied Races and Warfronts.and what is so bad with that? what did bc do, what did wrath do, what did cata do, what did mop do, what did wod do? also you cant say "there is nothing new" then link new things...
    • Classes won't be changing much. "Sandbox-Scenarios" from 7.3 are being continued. Reintroducing Artifact Grind as a necklace with similar netherlight crucible baked in. Etc.except its not the netherlight crucible because its not random? also sandbox scenarios are from mop and even abit of cata so fuck off?

Why it may not be a filler expansion:
    • Introduction cinematic already in game.
    • Art team in full swing with the base game. Music and art looks wonderfully done.
    • Story seems to be thought out and they know where to go from which point to the next unlike Warlords of Draenor.
    • Reducing a grind. [Artifacts to Heart of Azeroth]
    • Garrison/Order Hall table system discontinued in BFA.
    • Garrison/Order Hall upgrade system discontinued in BFA.
    • Reintroducing and improving on group scenario system.
    • Continuing the Legion system of World Quests and Emisarries
    • Continuing and improving the Legion system of Mythic +
    • Introducing playable races people have long waited to play is good.
    see bolded

but god danm you really did not fucking watch blizzcon

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Bodraw View Post
    I think relative to Legion’s features it appears to be a filler expansion. Obviously doesn’t mean it will be, agreed.

Re-skinned existing models dubbed as “new races”, no major class/talent additions, rehashed MoP scenarios (Warfronts), Heart of Azeroth or Artifact 2.0 with Azerite which’ll be Artifact Power 2.0 doesn’t seem very convincing thus far. But who knows.

The zones do look awesome as always though. The world/level design team always do a stellar job.
    uhh arnt all new races since wows making "reskined exisiting models"
    cause you know all the races in the game exist as mobs in the game? they are literally new races like every expansion before, but 6 instead of 1 or 2
    its kinda fucking stupid

also "no new talent additions" are you sure... cause they said and have shown alot...
    also warfronts are not mop scenarios, what the fuck are you talking about, do you mean island adventures?
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

Irrelevant. Tier gear hasn't looked different from normal raid gear since Wrath of the Lich King. Not even as a recolor, so this is a moot point.

• No depth in the story from what we've seen, no real threat from either the Horde or Alliance since we know what will most likely happen to them both. (A truce)
    Same was true for Mists of Pandaria.

• Story is bridging into the next one for a full Old God themed expansion as WoD did with Legion. You can even see two Old God tentacles in the logo.
    Story has been "bridging" into the next one since MoP. MoP -> WoD -> Legion.

• Missed opportunity to introduce a sea system in an ocean themed expansion.
    It's not an ocean-themed expansion. No more than Legion is, since both are in Islands.

Didn't make sense for it to happen after MoP either, but here we are.

• Warfronts will be predictable system to be farmed over and over again with no real threat of losing since we will know which specific buildings to build in what situation.
    This sounds more like "looking for a reason to complain" than anything else, to be honest. You haven't seen the feature in its fullest, yet.

Same as above. This looks more like you're just looking for anything to complain. Plus it has nothing to do with your claim about this being a 'filler' expansion.

So Legion was a filler expansion too?

"Much slower rate"?

• Locking armor behind leveling slowly to 110 despite boosting a character to 110 with the expac or $60 and being able to obtain money and the player gets the armor is a bit forebolding.
    The word you're trying to write is "foreboding". Also, it's just transmog. Not a set of mythic raid gear. Again, you're just looking for things to complain about. You seem the kind of player who wants everything handed to them by just logging in.

• We don't know where or what the capitals are in Tiragarde Sound or Zuldazar. Wasn't clarified. Could be Alliance and Horde uninspired make-shift-cities like Stormshield and Warspear.
    So? We didn't see Dalaran either in the Wrath of the Lich King reveal.

• There is nothing significantly different as far as end game content goes from BFA and Legion except Allied Races and Warfronts.
    Because you've seen the entire expansion already, right? Like there's no mythic and mythic+ dungeons, no raids, no PvP, nothing. Just Allied Races and Warfronts, amirite?

• Classes won't be changing much. "Sandbox-Scenarios" from 7.3 are being continued. Reintroducing Artifact Grind as a necklace with similar netherlight crucible baked in. Etc.
    Considering the huge changes a lot of classes have gone through in Legion, this is a good thing.

All in all, you just seem to be looking for things to complain about, no matter how menial or inconsequential they are.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodraw View Post
    Fair enough, I mean, if the people who will be buying the expansion are happy with these features then awesome. Relative to Legion, none of these feautures seem original or fun to me, but who cares. Again, if people are hyped for this, good for them.
    how are warfronts not orignal? but yeah other then that nothing, but not every expansion needs to add a million fucking things.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Voidwielder View Post
    Not hyped for Allied races, the theme is thoughtless and lazy fall-back and I agree with the rest.
    but allied races are literally just new races like every other expansion but now we get 6, and just need to do a few quests to get em...
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content