Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by cparle87 View Post
    So.... half the raiders would still be doing EN and ToV, a third or so would be up to NH, some would see ToS, and the elite 3-5% would get to see Antorus. Cause that's what we'd get if we transplanted Legion raiding over to BC's system. Did you ever see the BT attunement flowchart?
    What has that got to do with what Windwalker said? Also, if that were the case, why would it matter if a couple of servers were like that?

It's all just pixels on a screen. Time will tell how many prefer which pixels. If I had to make a prediction, I'd say millions will sign up, but only a few thousand will log in regurlarly after the first couple of months. But I have been wrong before, so we shall see.

"I Am Vengeance. I Am The Night. I Am Felfáádaern!"

Quote Originally Posted by Netherling View Post
    What has that got to do with what Windwalker said? Also, if that were the case, why would it matter if a couple of servers were like that?
    Bt attunement was pretty easy.

BT had a pretty good catchup system with kara gruul and mag being easy with usuable gear in it till BT. Most of the attunement is doing things you were going to do anyways.

Deleted
    In all seriousness I see a lot of extremes on the Vanilla threads.

Delusional fans ----------------------|MIDDLE GROUND|---------------------- Haters

I don't think OP meant to be a hater, he meant to 'send' a message of awareness.
    I remember when I first saw my brother playing Vanilla and I got delighted by it, sadly I only started in WotLK, but even myself who didn't play Vanilla back then feel nostalgic for it nowadays. Now I can't say too much about the feeling itself when it comes to playing Vanilla, but I'm afraid of the hopes and dreams the fans have. It's not all rainbows and unicorns, and people will eventually see that Vanilla won't have the same feeling it had back then, because back then it was new, now it's not. Back then we were younger, now we're older.

Don't hate me for sharing my opinion.

But my frost mage's vanilla rotation is complex and interesting. Sometimes I have to press my wand instead of frostbolt!

It wasn't crap when it was NEW and there was nothing better.
    But there is now, so NOW it is ..

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pum View Post
    I don't know if I'm completely overestimating the amount of interest in Classic, but I literally don't get it anymore. I was swept up in the atomic hype after the initial announcement, Vanilla was great, lots and lots of flaws but overall a great era for WoW with a very different experience to retail.

Because of said hype, I shuffled onto a private blizzlike server like a naughty little pipsqueak and I pissed myself with excitement.. for about 2 hours (even though I played it for 2 weeks afterwards). The gameplay is just terrible combat wise, it's just some weird, crappy simulator with zero difficulty in playing a class correctly. So many people complain about the game being dumbed down mechanically in retail but truly, madly, deeply, Vanilla is some grade A child-level style of play. Thus consequently, my hype was set ablaze.

If you enjoy this monotonous gameplay then fine, but are there any of you people who are hyped but haven't actually played it in years and just remember the good times? I urge you to get up to some mischief and realise how boring it is, and save yourself from the disappointment of when it does actually get released in 2046, rather than let your hopes and dreams straggle along into the depths of Xavius' left tit.

As the wise White Wizard once doth proclaimed, "Harken to me!!!"
    Dont play it. Gambling Retail is for you.
    Legion is the worst expansion
    BFA=Blizzard Failed Again
    https://www.reddit.com/r/wow/comment..._google_trend/

Quote Originally Posted by Sarkol View Post
    Not dull compared to current classes? Do you really believe that? Class design in Vanilla was objectively terrible, and comparing it to today, where every single class can basically do anything in the game, with mostly interesting rotations, unique talents, etc, is absurd. 1 button rotations, talents that make no sense and don't even work, button bloat, you name it, Vanilla had it.
    Yes every single class can basicaly do anything in the game, that's why every class is boring and not unique. And stop comparing classes in PVE only, Legion classes are dumbed down and gutted in PVP, you have no spells, you feel like a dmg bot and it takes literally zero skill to play them. That's why PVP participation is all time low.

Deleted
    I don't know if I'm completely overestimating the amount of interest in Classic, but I literally don't get it anymore. I was swept up in the atomic hype after the initial announcement, Vanilla was great, lots and lots of flaws but overall a great era for WoW with a very different experience to retail.

Because of said hype, I shuffled onto a private blizzlike server like a naughty little pipsqueak and I pissed myself with excitement.. for about 2 hours (even though I played it for 2 weeks afterwards). The gameplay is just terrible combat wise, it's just some weird, crappy simulator with zero difficulty in playing a class correctly. So many people complain about the game being dumbed down mechanically in retail but truly, madly, deeply, Vanilla is some grade A child-level style of play. Thus consequently, my hype was set ablaze.

If you enjoy this monotonous gameplay then fine, but are there any of you people who are hyped but haven't actually played it in years and just remember the good times? I urge you to get up to some mischief and realise how boring it is, and save yourself from the disappointment of when it does actually get released in 2046, rather than let your hopes and dreams straggle along into the depths of Xavius' left tit.

Why do you care so much about classic if you don't like it? You are not forced to play it. Just let others enjoy it who do like it, we all have different taste.

I love the salt of vanilla haters in this thread. "you don't like vanilla because I hate it" "vanilla sucks guys, it's just a nostalgia" "everybody will leave for our better version of the game". No, stfu already. We wan't real MMORPG with RPG elements in it, not an action game where you queue for instanced stuff (just look at PVP, you enter bg, you have different spells, different stats because of templates... this is no RPG, this is a MOBA with less customization). We will enjoy vanilla no matter how hard you cry on forums.

Class and role will have an impact on how engaged you are. Despite that I will admit that the gameplay doesn't compare to retail, but that's not why people play it. It's played and hyped for the immersion - the community. The social experience is, far and above; miles ahead of what retail offers today, where your social interaction consists solely between yourself, your guildies, a mythic+ group you might invest in, and arena partners. Everything else is a single player experience sold as an MMORPG. It's not even close to the definition of an MMORPG in 2007.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gardoc View Post
    I love the salt of vanilla haters in this thread. "you don't like vanilla because I hate it" "vanilla sucks guys, it's just a nostalgia" "everybody will leave for our better version of the game". No, stfu already. We wan't real MMORPG with RPG elements in it, not an action game where you queue for instanced stuff (just look at PVP, you enter bg, you have different spells, different stats because of templates... this is no RPG, this is a MOBA with less customization). We will enjoy vanilla no matter how hard you cry on forums.
    yeah you are right. when dota became popular, people called it the poor man's wow, a dumbed down pvp game. and look at wow pvp now, excess inferiority to the complexity of dota

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Think for me it's a case of comfort in familiarity.

10+ Year Old Account
    I for one don't find retail experience so good. I don't like complex rotations and stuff. Rotation of one button is perfect for me, because it allows me to concentrate on RPG experience, not on some complex rotation which I'm not interested in anyway.

OP, I understand what you’re trying to say, but you haven’t expressed it in an entirely... friendly way?

There will be players like you and me, who wore rose-tinted nostalgic goggles and who find out: “Damn! After all this time, it really was nostalgia, I don’t find this enjoyable anymore.” and stop playing the game, but there will also be players who enjoy it nonetheless and prefer the old playstale with “outdated” spell mechanics, graphics and features - amongst all the “cons” you’ve stated.

Different people enjoy different things, simple as that.

There are still people who enjoy Diablo II despite there being a Diablo III... Indeed, to this day players enjoy Starcraft I despite there being a II - amongst the other thousands of games like the old Mario, Fallout, Elder Scrolls and Zelda games, etc.

Simply put, there will be players that prefer and enjoy the old playstyle of Vanilla. Sure, some people will get bored or find out that it was due all to hype/nostalgia, and that’s perfectly fine too. But there certainly will be tens of thousands of players who will sink (or re-sink) hundreds of hours into the game and have a blast
    Last edited by Kynario; 2018-01-07 at 11:21 AM.
    "There is no end to education. It is not that you read a book, pass an examination, and finish with education. The whole of life, from the moment you are born to the moment you die, is a process of learning." by Jiddu Krishnamurti, Philosopher and Educator

Yes, of course. The vast majority of players will jump into classic becuase of the hype but will never even make it to max level. There might be a small group of players that like that game play but there is not likely to be many of them.

He was right when he said "You think you do but you don't". People remember it as better than it was and the ones that never played it just belive in the hype. It'll hit them hard once classic is released.

Quote Originally Posted by Arckos View Post
    That's why there are hundreds of thousands of active players on the vanilla unofficial scene right now right?

You guys just have no idea what you're talking about. For tons of ex wow lovers, wod and legion are utter crap, and they DON'T want to keep playing the current version of the game, that's it.

If you love what wow has turned into, good, but don't tell us what we want, thank you.

God, people are incredible, the same fucking argument years later even with the incredibly huge support for classic wow out there.

nb: I'm saying this as someone who actually prefers TBC to Vanilla, and who just loved Wotlk. But the rest of the expansions were ok-ish to crap to me (cata was meh, mop was ok, wod was utter trash, and legion is mediocre in my eyes).
    Proof there are hundred of thousands?
    Violence Jack Respects Women!

Quote Originally Posted by Gardoc View Post
    Yes every single class can basicaly do anything in the game, that's why every class is boring and not unique. And stop comparing classes in PVE only, Legion classes are dumbed down and gutted in PVP, you have no spells, you feel like a dmg bot and it takes literally zero skill to play them. That's why PVP participation is all time low.
    Fair about PVP, but they are at least bringing a lot of utility back for BFA, so that should improve PVP. And, why does every class working mean they aren't unique? That doesn't make any sense, and i've played most specs. Most specs definitely are unique. Classes don't look the same, they have different aesthetics, they don't play the same, they have all different talents, roles. I have no idea what you mean. Please explain.

Quote Originally Posted by Aggrophobic View Post
    Yes, of course. The vast majority of players will jump into classic becuase of the hype but will never even make it to max level. There might be a small group of players that like that game play but there is not likely to be many of them.

He was right when he said "You think you do but you don't". People remember it as better than it was and the ones that never played it just belive in the hype. It'll hit them hard once classic is released.
    Maybe it will. But I still intend to play it and hit max level. Has nothing to do with hype. I'm interested in playing a game I never played when it was current because I was on other games at the time. Simple as that.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Aggrophobic View Post

I mean you could say the same for BfA, but I don't see why anyone would make a post about trying to prevent people from playing BfA.