Recreating the classic feeling

Clickbait!!!!!!!

i was wondering do you really want a rehash game from 14years ago

or wouldnt it be nicer to get the vanilla experience feeling i feel most desire.

it's almost impossible to re-create that feeling with the current technology access and information speed and density (remember wow predates stuff like youtube/fb/smarthphones) compaired to the experience you have gained playing this game for years

the joy was slowly exploring, being a noob, communities were made because sharing info ingame was essential due to it not being as available on the net as now.

even if the remade classic/vanilla give it a pet name it wouldnt be the same , you are no longer the naive noob player you where then.
    you can dream zones and maby even lvl-ed multiple chars wich means you will just rush to content even without the stupid markers they place on your map now so you dont even have the read the quest text.

i rather get WoW 2.0 and tbh i strongly believe that is the intent, they never said classic wow on blizzcon, they just talked about the vanilla experience

wouldnt it be way cooler and nicer if BfA (freaking lvl120 double the original lvlcap) would be the last expansion and in 2019 they just release WoW 2.0 with a new engine , with reworked classes , zones etc etc (if fits the xpack timeline etc)

you would still be in the warcraft universe you have become to love and hold deer, but you would truly also log in the first time again as a fresh new noob player.

and then its kinda up to the players how the community evolves

The shit posts keep pilling up.

Nothing you said made sense.

10+ Year Old Account
    to the other people complaining ... well, he did start his post with the word "click bait"... and to the OP well we all have our hopes and dreams,but you are doing a great job on baiting people and getting a rise out fo them GG

At least he admits to clickbait...

10+ Year Old Account
    I've renamed the thread. Don't make clickbait titles.

for moderation questions/concerns, please contact a global:

TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

| twitch | bsky
    |

Quote Originally Posted by osmo View Post
    Clickbait!!!!!!!

i was wondering do you really want a rehash game from 14years ago

or wouldnt it be nicer to get the vanilla experience feeling i feel most desire.

it's almost impossible to re-create that feeling with the current technology access and information speed and density (remember wow predates stuff like youtube/fb/smarthphones) compaired to the experience you have gained playing this game for years

the joy was slowly exploring, being a noob, communities were made because sharing info ingame was essential due to it not being as available on the net as now.

even if the remade classic/vanilla give it a pet name it wouldnt be the same , you are no longer the naive noob player you where then.
    you can dream zones and maby even lvl-ed multiple chars wich means you will just rush to content even without the stupid markers they place on your map now so you dont even have the read the quest text.

i rather get WoW 2.0 and tbh i strongly believe that is the intent, they never said classic wow on blizzcon, they just talked about the vanilla experience

wouldnt it be way cooler and nicer if BfA (freaking lvl120 double the original lvlcap) would be the last expansion and in 2019 they just release WoW 2.0 with a new engine , with reworked classes , zones etc etc (if fits the xpack timeline etc)

you would still be in the warcraft universe you have become to love and hold deer, but you would truly also log in the first time again as a fresh new noob player.

and then its kinda up to the players how the community evolves

Why do people keep saying that the "vanilla experience" means playing exactly like in 2004, meaning knowing nothing and be a fucking retard with a phone modem and no WoW sites and forums?

For fucks sake, we want the game to be the classic version, we don't want to go back in time ourselves and become retarded and gimped again. Maybe we want to chill while killing some boars instead of chasing the elusive legendary in some retarded fucking chest that you can get from some retarded fucking emissary after doing some fucking retarded quest for the 5647th time.

WoW 2 makes no sense. The only think that keeps most people involved in WoW anymore is the time invested in it. You know, the countless useless mounts, pets and reputations that took literally years /played to get. Most of those people are pretty old, probably over or approaching 30. The attention span of a young dude nowadays is compared to that of an amoeba, it makes no sense to make a game for that demographics. That's why they spill out a game every year for Call of Duty and all the retarded sport games... MMO market is pretty doomed, so no WoW 2 ever

Didn't even read your useless post I just came to say that if you want to experience that feeling you can do that in any new game you play.

5+ Year Old Account
    10/10 troll, would read again.

It's refreshing to know that the art of trolling still has worthy followers.

It'll never be the same experience purely because that experience was over a decade ago. Even if the game was a carbon copy the playerbase will have changed as individuals and will have already experienced this stuff once. Playing through a game the second time does not have that same wondrous mystery to it.

It's why I'm more than content asking for small QoL changes like fixing the mailboxes/AH to be in line with modern wow's designs. Those changes would not impact the social experience or challenging gameplay at all, they'd just save my wrists a lot of pain.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.

10+ Year Old Account
    This is a pointless thread. People want Classic, they announced Classic, this forum is for Classic.
    S (moderator)
    P (WoW Gen, Pets/Mog/Ach, Fun/Chat Zone)
    L (guidelines*)
    E (WoW gen rules*)
    N (my art*)
    D (Pikachu BEST Pokemon)
    A (Sensational™)