Page 1 of 2
LastLast

[SPOILERS]For those complaining about 'allied races'...

Let us take a look at the Horde Allied Races (sorry I have 30 lvl 110 troll toons, never plaed Alliance, never will, don't like them) and why they joined. I want to show that it does not seem as outlandish as some folks would say, when you look at some of the previous races that allied with the Horde.

How they became an allied race of the Horde:

Darkspear Trolls: Horde (Orcs) did the required quests by defeating the Kul Tiras Marines, and subsequently helping the Tribe escape the Naga attack that sank one of the islands in the Darkspear Strand.

Bloodhoof Tauren: Horde: Orcs and allied race (Darkspears) did the required quests of defending the Bloodhoof Tribe from extinction by defeating an army of centaur in Durotar and then helping move the Bloodhoofs all the way to Mulgore.

Stonemaul Ogres: Horde: Orcs and allied races (Darkspear, Bloodhoof) did the required quests to defeat their champion and bring them into the Horde.

Forsaken: *A little stranger here* Horde and allied races (Stonemaul, Darkspear and Bloodhoof... well actually just Bloodhoof) did the required negotiations to bring them into the Horde.

Blood Elves: Horde: Orcs and allied races (Darkspear Bloodhoof, Stonemaul and Forsaken... especially Forsaken) do the required quests to help the Blood Elves against the Alliance invasion (Kaldorei spies, setting up scrying crystals and such) and they defeated Dark'khan Drathir, bringing them into the Horde.

Bilgewater Goblins: Worked a bit different, helped save Thrall from Garrosh's plot to have the Alliance SI:7 team capture/kill him. Thrall wants to make things harder on Garrosh, and leaves Gallywix in charge, and puts the goblins right next to Orgrimmar in the hopes they would be a nusciance to Garrosh (as best I can tell)

Pandaren: (Uh... Hozen were stealing things, so Pandas killed them so they chose Horde? I dunno, so... moving on...)

Spoilers below!

Highmountain: Horde: Orcs and allied races (Darkspear, Bloodhoof, Stonemaul, Forsaken, and BE) do the required quests to help Highmountain defeat the Necro Dark and, thus, save Ebonhorn and the tribe from enslavement. With a strong bond already between the Bloodhoof and Highmountain, the tribe joins the Horde!

Nightborne: Horde: Orcs and allied races (Darkspear, Bloodhoof, Stonemaul, Forsaken, and BE) As they did with the BE, the NE seem distrustful of the Nightborne (elves being petty? never! lol). Alleria (either knowingly or unknowingly) taints the Sunwell, sabatoging it, and the Horde saves it. Seeing that the Horde allows the allied races to keep their traditions and identities (something she feels the NE have lost), and seeing the Sunwell saved, the Nightborne join the Horde!

Odd mention:

Revantusk Trolls: Are flagged Horde, Horde friendly, would be considered our allies? But, not 'in the Horde'? Weird distinction. Incomprehensible. We are all allied races in the Horde, not to be confused with the game mechanic title of 'Allied Races'. Like if Azeroth were real life, you would not go around calling the allied races, allied races, they would just be races/nations/tribes/governments that have joined your faction, the Horde. Anyway!

I thought maybe remembering how silly some of the past allied races that joined the orcs might make things easier for folks that I see freaking out/complaining.

A couple corrections. I don't know where you got that Garrosh had anything to do with the Goblin starter experience. I could be wrong, but I think you're wrong on that. I also filled in the explanation for the Pandaren.

Bilgewater Goblins: After Thrall is attacked by the Alliance and stranded on an island, the goblins help him. In return, the stranded orcs help liberate them from Gallywix and they join. Thrall inexplicably names Gallywix to remain their leader (as the player character cannot be a racial leader).

Pandaren: The Pandaren help out both the Horde and Alliance, but the more action-oriented group of Pandaren are impressed by the Horde. They agree to explore the rest of their world and fight for the Horde.

Quote Originally Posted by Drewbacca View Post
    A couple corrections. I don't know where you got that Garrosh had anything to do with the Goblin starter experience. I could be wrong, but I think you're wrong on that. I also filled in the explanation for the Pandaren.

Bilgewater Goblins: After Thrall is attacked by the Alliance and stranded on an island, the goblins help him. In return, the stranded orcs help liberate them from Gallywix and they join. Thrall inexplicably names Gallywix to remain their leader (as the player character cannot be a racial leader).

Pandaren: The Pandaren help out both the Horde and Alliance, but the more action-oriented group of Pandaren are impressed by the Horde. They agree to explore the rest of their world and fight for the Horde.
    Well, the Garrosh thing is because if you recall, at the end of the quest chain for the goblin player, Thrall hands them a sealed package and they are supposed to specifically give it to a "Kor'Kron Loyalist" (not one of Garrosh's), and when the loyalist opens it, it is one of the insignias. The soldier knowingly smiles (appearing to understand the gesture) and goes to give it to Garrosh immediately. So, that's where I got that. The obvious reason Thrall let's Gallywix remain after thoughtful reflection is that he is Garrosh's problem now.

As far as those ridiculous Pandas, my explanation is that Ji Firepaw has the player deal with the Hozen in a way that respresents the Horde. More or less, that's it. I mean, there's not some amazing negotiations, there's not a bunch of hoopla. It pretty much comes down to, "react impulsively" or "sit and contemplate".

Quote Originally Posted by The Anax View Post
    Well, the Garrosh thing is because if you recall, at the end of the quest chain for the goblin player, Thrall hands them a sealed package and they are supposed to specifically give it to a "Kor'Kron Loyalist" (not one of Garrosh's), and when the loyalist opens it, it is one of the insignias. The soldier knowingly smiles (appearing to understand the gesture) and goes to give it to Garrosh immediately. So, that's where I got that. The obvious reason Thrall let's Gallywix remain after thoughtful reflection is that he is Garrosh's problem now.

As far as those ridiculous Pandas, my explanation is that Ji Firepaw has the player deal with the Hozen in a way that respresents the Horde. More or less, that's it. I mean, there's not some amazing negotiations, there's not a bunch of hoopla. It pretty much comes down to, "react impulsively" or "sit and contemplate".
    Naga: The naga pariah in Coilfang raid is an ally of Neptulon. Neptulon is our ally -- and helped us in the Broken Shore. Thus, those naga are our allies. Plus, the naga following the Illidari are obviously allies as well.

Centaur: The pre-Cataclysm centaur pariah wanted to rebuild the centaur society away from the evil ways. The Bloodsworn graphic novel conscripted a centaur as member of the Horde. So there is precedent.
    Last edited by Medievaldragon; 2018-01-07 at 07:11 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    sorry I have 30 lvl 110 troll toons
    You literally have 30 level 110s, and they're all Trolls?

Quote Originally Posted by DaHomieG View Post
    You literally have 30 level 110s, and they're all Trolls?
    Yes, I don't know if this will work, but here is a link to one server with my guild, my character is Zul'Gazarg, so search by name:

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/guild/si...ort=name&dir=d

And here are the others:

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/guild/li...e_Horde/roster

7+ Year Old Account
    why spoilers in the title? i dont.... i dont see any spoilers...
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    why spoilers in the title? i dont.... i dont see any spoilers...
    Strange, there is a part where I talk about how the Highmountain and Nightborne join the Horde. Since it has not gone to live, not everyone will know that information. You might have not seen that part and only noticed the things from before?

7+ Year Old Account
    Strange, there is a part where I talk about how the Highmountain and Nightborne join the Horde. Since it has not gone to live, not everyone will know that information. You might have not seen that part and only noticed the things from before?
    oh ok thoguht everyone knew that kinda stuff since its coming out in like a week or 2
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes, I don't know if this will work, but here is a link to one server with my guild, my character is Zul'Gazarg, so search by name:

And here are the others:

You remind me of a person I know IRL that only plays paladins. he has like 8 paladins all at max level. Bizarre.

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    oh ok thoguht everyone knew that kinda stuff since its coming out in like a week or 2
    No, only some people do and others won't. Thus, it is a good idea to make sure they know this post will contain information they do not or may not desire to know.

You remind me of a person I know IRL that only plays paladins. he has like 8 paladins all at max level. Bizarre.
    I wonder if he, too, has autism. I was diagnosed with a condition called Asperger Syndrome, but now is classified as high functioning autism. I am now forty and was diagnosed when I was 30. Until then, I had no explanaion why people and I coud not get along. Why I could not fathom the way others did things, and why I was so terribly misunderstood. I believe this also caused my marriage to end; however, once I discovered I was not alone, and how to let my partners know ahead of time about me and my abilities and disabilities, it helped my relationships very much.

That said, people like me tend to become absorbed in any number of activities, but always specifically into one thing. For me, it is the trolls of WoW. Every ounce of lore, every history, every background, I pursue with absolute tenacity. My girlfriend of four years is a Blood Elf rogue, and that is all she ever has played. However, I had my toon, and what happened with me was transmog. Transmog made it so that I could make say a mage version of my character, but make him look fiery, icy, or arcanish. The problem is that I require everything to be very structured, and I did not like that I had only one mage dressed one way, nor did I like the idea of 'changing' specs. So, if you look at my toons, you will see that I have a fire mage, a frost mage, and an arcane mage. Same with my shamans- and thus I have 4 druids! I am sure you understand.

I do not know if your friend that makes Paladins has reasons for doing so, but for me, I must have them. I have trouble sleeping at night if I don't. I literally play WoW for the lore and leveling. I don't raid and I do not care too much for BGs and I dislike arenas vehemently. I like leveling my characters and trying to see every quest possible. As you may imagine- I impatiently await BfA, because I will finally have an entire expansion where I will need to do EVERYTHING, because if it involves trolls: troll gear, troll areas, troll lore- I shall be all over it!

And here are the others:

this is the scariest thing ive ever seen related to WoW

Quote Originally Posted by kramjam View Post
    this is the scariest thing ive ever seen related to WoW
    I feel the same way when I see someone in all mythic gear or such. I think to myself how boring and horrible that must have been, but then I realize, we all play for different reasons and their idea of fun must intrinsically differ from my own.

10+ Year Old Account
    No, only some people do and others won't. Thus, it is a good idea to make sure they know this post will contain information they do not or may not desire to know.

I wonder if he, too, has autism. I was diagnosed with a condition called Asperger Syndrome, but now is classified as high functioning autism. I am now forty and was diagnosed when I was 30. Until then, I had no explanaion why people and I coud not get along. Why I could not fathom the way others did things, and why I was so terribly misunderstood. I believe this also caused my marriage to end; however, once I discovered I was not alone, and how to let my partners know ahead of time about me and my abilities and disabilities, it helped my relationships very much.

That said, people like me tend to become absorbed in any number of activities, but always specifically into one thing. For me, it is the trolls of WoW. Every ounce of lore, every history, every background, I pursue with absolute tenacity. My girlfriend of four years is a Blood Elf rogue, and that is all she ever has played. However, I had my toon, and what happened with me was transmog. Transmog made it so that I could make say a mage version of my character, but make him look fiery, icy, or arcanish. The problem is that I require everything to be very structured, and I did not like that I had only one mage dressed one way, nor did I like the idea of 'changing' specs. So, if you look at my toons, you will see that I have a fire mage, a frost mage, and an arcane mage. Same with my shamans- and thus I have 4 druids! I am sure you understand.

I do not know if your friend that makes Paladins has reasons for doing so, but for me, I must have them. I have trouble sleeping at night if I don't. I literally play WoW for the lore and leveling. I don't raid and I do not care too much for BGs and I dislike arenas vehemently. I like leveling my characters and trying to see every quest possible. As you may imagine- I impatiently await BfA, because I will finally have an entire expansion where I will need to do EVERYTHING, because if it involves trolls: troll gear, troll areas, troll lore- I shall be all over it!
    That's some real next level autism my friend. We're reaching autism levels previously thought to be unobtainable.

I like that you stuck with the troll theme for all your characters' transmog. Why not just set a specific look for each spec instead of making three of the same class?

Also are you gonna make a Zandalari troll in Legion to further your troll fetish?
    Last edited by DaHomieG; 2018-01-08 at 05:23 AM.

That's some real next level autism my friend. We're reaching autism levels previously thought to be unobtainable.

I like that you stuck with the troll theme for all your characters' transmog. Why not just set a specific look for each spec instead of making three of the same class?

Also are you gonna make a Zandalari troll in Legion to further your troll fetish?
    I wanted a specific look for each speak, but I find myself stymied by Blizzard. For example, for my druids. There is a leather set. It is trollish and players can get the set colored red, green, and black, and inside the game, there is a blue colored version. This would be perfect because each type of my druids could have their own color, but, alas, they do not release it. Luckily my shamans work well, because there are three colors of the Zandalari set they wear. Hunters though, another problem. Blizzard put a red and purple verison of the troll sets, and a green and yellow vesrion is in the game- yet only random pieces have been given to players. Very frustrating.

With Zandalari, I am going to try to limit myself to one of each class. I say try because I am uncertain if I can wrestle my illogical needs. I am conciously aware that these things are stange, conizant of it, but I cannot 'let it go' or 'ignore it', but I am hoping to be satiated with just one of each class. Incidently, since all troll nations fllow the Zandalari like ducks behind their mother, I have thought the Horde might end up with every troll type after BfA. In which case, I am certain to max out the 50 toons we are alotted!

I rolled a horde Panda back in the time to enjoy the plotline There were crashed airships and a giant turtle to save. They join the horde to explore the world or something and immediately regret it 5 seconds later when they find the Horde are complete psychos.

10+ Year Old Account

Thanks for sharing that. The troll lore comments resonate with me, because I'm really into the lore of Death Knights, draenei and gnomes. I will absolutely devour any content that applies to them, across multiple toons.

And I also relate to what you said about classes. I have a fire mage, a frost mage and an arcane - I think of each of them as being proficient at those specs. I also have several warriors, and each of them 'mains' a different primary spec.

- - - Updated - - -

I feel the same way when I see someone in all mythic gear or such. I think to myself how boring and horrible that must have been, but then I realize, we all play for different reasons and their idea of fun must intrinsically differ from my own.
    I wish I could upvote this comment, I really do.
    Last edited by Mirishka; 2018-01-08 at 10:11 AM.
    Appreciate your time with friends and family while they're here. Don't wait until they're gone to tell them what they mean to you.

And here are the others:

I don't know you, but for some reason I love you! Impressive.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    Thanks for sharing that. The troll lore comments resonate with me, because I'm really into the lore of Death Knights, draenei and gnomes. I will absolutely devour any content that applies to them, across multiple toons.

And I also relate to what you said about classes. I have a fire mage, a frost mage and an arcane - I think of each of them as being proficient at those specs. I also have several warriors, and each of them 'mains' a different primary spec.

- - - Updated - - -

I wish I could upvote this comment, I really do.
    Yeah, I have often thought of doing one of each spec of each race, never managed to sink the time into it and also raid full time, or I think I may have actually done it. For me however I was going to ensure I had at least one of each race and each gender represented in the 35 specs the surplus would all be elves.

Example:
    Arcane mage - night elf female (b/c of the highborne heritage, now race changing to nightborne)
    Fire mage - blood elf male (b/c that's where they excel)
    Frost mage - human female (kirin'tor ofc, high elf if they became available)

Holy Priest - Draenei female
    Discipline priest - Blood elf female
    Shadow priest - forsaken male

Vengeance Demon Hunter - night elf male
    Havoc Demon Hunter - Blood elf male

Feral Druid - Worgen male
    Guardian Druid - Tauren female
    Balance druid - Night elf male
    Restoration druid - Troll female

Arms Warrior - Human male
    Fury Warrior - Orc male
    Protection Warrior - Dwarf male

Destruction Warlock - Blood elf female
    Affliction Warlock - Undead male
    Demonlogy Warlock - Gnome male

Restoration Shaman - Tauren female
    Enhancement Shaman - Troll male
    Elemental Shaman - Orc female

Retribution Paladin - Blood elf male
    Protection Paladin - Draenei male
    Holy Paladin - Human male

Assassination Rogue - Worgen female
    Subtlety rogue - Gnome female
    Pirate Rogue - Goblin male

Mistweaver Monk - Pandaren female
    Windwalker Monk - Pandaren male
    Brewmaster Monk - Pandaren male

Beastmaster Hunter - Tauren male
    Marksman Hunter - (dwarf, night elf or blood elf)
    Survival Hunter - Troll male

Frost Death Knight - Human male
    Blood DK - Blood elf male
    Unholy DK - Orc male

for Lightforge I'd have used a paladin spot, or made a new one, for Highmountain - used a hunter spot, for void elf would likely take a priest or warlock spot (one of the spots that would have been blood elf) and nightborne ofc will take the arcane mage spot.

If i had time, sadly as I don't, it's going to be 13 blood elf and nightborne characters, except for the druid.

@ Mirishka and Mace- thank you both!

10+ Year Old Account
    I wanted a specific look for each speak, but I find myself stymied by Blizzard. For example, for my druids. There is a leather set. It is trollish and players can get the set colored red, green, and black, and inside the game, there is a blue colored version. This would be perfect because each type of my druids could have their own color, but, alas, they do not release it. Luckily my shamans work well, because there are three colors of the Zandalari set they wear. Hunters though, another problem. Blizzard put a red and purple verison of the troll sets, and a green and yellow vesrion is in the game- yet only random pieces have been given to players. Very frustrating.

With Zandalari, I am going to try to limit myself to one of each class. I say try because I am uncertain if I can wrestle my illogical needs. I am conciously aware that these things are stange, conizant of it, but I cannot 'let it go' or 'ignore it', but I am hoping to be satiated with just one of each class. Incidently, since all troll nations fllow the Zandalari like ducks behind their mother, I have thought the Horde might end up with every troll type after BfA. In which case, I am certain to max out the 50 toons we are alotted!
    The Antorus Shaman set is trollish too my guy you should get that as well for your shaman