Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by paperfox View Post
    i would expect that the requirements will be removed upon launch.

Someone who has never played wow buys bfa and wants to play [new allied race]. They can't. They then find out that in order to do so the have to use their boost to get a toon to 100, then level that toon through the last expansion and get revered with lots of race and exalted with at least one. If that was me i would be looking for a refund as there one of the features on the box is essentially locked.

for those who have been playing through legion, then getting exalted with a certain race (or races) won't be that onerous a task as you're probably already revered.
    "i bought bfa and wasn't instantly able to raid! What is this travesty!!!??"

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Maklor View Post
    So basically all you are looking for in this thread is people agreeing with you?
    Isn't that the main aim for every pointless whine thread?

The ONLY requirement they MIGHT remove is the rep one, the story quests aren't going anywhere.

It's a one-time thing that gives context for those races joining your faction. It's FAR less of a chore than Pathfinder, and those haven't been nerfed. Just because it's an "expansion feature" doesn't mean it has to be available day 1 without unlocking it. It means it's another thing to do in the new expansion.

I agree that Rep-farming should be taken off could be a PITA for players who just started with WoW.

The story quests aka achievments like "good suramartian" or what ever it´s called should or the equivalent to the highmountains, Argus campaign for lightforged etc should stay. They introduce the allied races, get you familiar with them and tell their story.

I would be very surprised if the requirements stayed in for BfA launch, why would anyone returning for a new xpac be expected to go back and play the old one(and grind two very slow reps for alliance at least)...

The requirements will likely be just for pre-BfA so the preorder people get some "content" to fill this drought (rep grinds and hand leveling alts)

Deleted
    Should be made available for free to all players then and not sold as part of an upcoming expansion pack. I don't recall having to do WotLK or other pre-expansion stuff in order to be able to create a Worgen/ Goblin, same for the other races added.

I cant really see that requirement surviving BFA for all that long. Its not a problem right now, because it gives you something to do with the current content, but once we leave the broken isles, its going to feel so akward for all the returning players. Here you are all ready to play the expansion, but first..dont you want to go back to the xpac that made you quit? If I had to guess it will go launch->shitstorm->"We have heard the feedback and actually we want you to hype about BFA, not remember Legion...poof!"
    "And all those exclamation marks, you notice? Five?
    A sure sign of someone who wears his underpants on his head."

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xendral View Post
    I bet that the current reputation needed is only a way for Blizzard to keep players subscribed and busy. With the start of the new addon, the amount of reputation will probably be lowered, or there are ways to get the reputation faster, or there is only a questline etc etc. For the moment, as long as Legion is the current content and addon, it is an advantage for Blizzard to lock these races behind rep, but with BfA it will turn into an disadvantage. I doubt, that you will have to farm forever for the Zandalari and Dark Iron.
    This. Their tactic seems good as I'm planning to resub when the new subraces are available. I will do the unlocks plus level 1 or 2 new chars from scratch before BfA. It's a good tactic to increase subs without much extra effort.
    Questing in past expansion content isn't very good, but grinding rep would be really awkward. I guess the rep part will be simply removed.

I understand the wish for less or no requirements. This is not nice for new players, and also not nice to those players that only play 2 months each expansion. But those allied races are intended by Blizzard to keep you playing maybe a month longer until you get them and longer if you like to play them.

And then if you happen to be playing since launch in one region and find out that nothing is shared with another (EU/NA) ... you are also disillusioned by all those "requirements" to show your dedication (or keep you subscribed longer).

The subscribed longer concept by Blizzard is there... they also have micro transactions for cosmetic stuff. I wonder if we someday see a price tag behind the allied races as an option...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hyrican View Post
    I understand the wish for less or no requirements. This is not nice for new players, and also not nice to those players that only play 2 months each expansion. But those allied races are intended by Blizzard to keep you playing maybe a month longer until you get them and longer if you like to play them.

And then if you happen to be playing since launch in one region and find out that nothing is shared with another (EU/NA) ... you are also disillusioned by all those "requirements" to show your dedication (or keep you subscribed longer).

The subscribed longer concept by Blizzard is there... they also have micro transactions for cosmetic stuff. I wonder if we someday see a price tag behind the allied races as an option...
    If one only plays for 2 months per expac they aint got anything to say about it :P
    Hariuha laþu laukar gakar alu ole lule laukar

Quote Originally Posted by Shéllshock View Post
    Should be made available for free to all players then and not sold as part of an upcoming expansion pack. I don't recall having to do WotLK or other pre-expansion stuff in order to be able to create a Worgen/ Goblin, same for the other races added.
    I remember having to level a character (which ment alot of old content) in order to have a death knight.

Quote Originally Posted by Stened91 View Post
    Wil allied races req removed on Battle launch? i hate rep and quests and they locked them behind it.. wil that be just to play it before launch or forever?
    i'm pretty sure it will stay and also the other races that come in bfa will be likely locked behind another rep grind, those sub races in the end aren't a regular one introduced with an xpack but more a reward to having completed their storyline.

i honestly appreciate it in current iteration farming a rep is substantially worthless unless you are a tabard/mount/pet collector, at last it's worth again to waste time farming rep again.

Hopefully this is a modus operandi blizzard keep beyond bfa, my only fear is that blizzard don't consider it an addition but an alternative and will not introduce a new regular race in the future.
    Last edited by bufferunderrun; 2018-01-08 at 09:25 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by caervek View Post
    Obviously this issue doesn't affect me however unlike some raiders I don't see the point in taking satisfaction in this injustice, it's wrong, just because it doesn't hurt me doesn't stop it being wrong, the player base should stand together when Blizzard do stupid shit like this not laugh at the ones being victimised.

Quote Originally Posted by Baroclinic View Post
    I remember having to level a character (which ment alot of old content) in order to have a death knight.
    That is right, a new player had to level a character to 55 on any server he wished to create a death knight.

I bet the last two races will require BfA content to unlock. But you can unlock them with a lvl110 boost character from buying the expansion. You also do not need those races available from the start as a completely new player but it seems artificially gated behind those reps.

The thing is... new players are rare and they do not become long term players by giving them 90% of the stuff in the first month.

10+ Year Old Account
    OK....the complaint here is that the Allied races a gated behind rep, and that by the time BfA comes around, Legion content won't be run because of the new content that the new expansion brings. Aren't you forgetting that 2 of the 6 Allied races are going to be EXCLUSIVE to BfA, namely the Zandalari Trolls and the Dark Iron Dwarves? They'll be locked behind a similar Questline/Reputation setup, which will unfold during the levelling of you main toon through that content. In other words, just by simply playing through the new expansion, you'll gain access to at least one of the 3 Allied races available to your faction.

Moving away from that, and to the matter at hand. BfA is months away, and as the OP pointed out, even casually playing will see the quest/rep requirements for the 4 Legion races to be achieved within a month. All it takes is a relatively small time investment, especially since the tricky parts (if any) will have many online completion guides to aid even the laziest of players.

I guess what I'm trying to say is pretty much in line with what quite a few folks have already said. If you want something that has to be unlocked, you gotta earn the key. I could understand the complaint if this was something that was essential to game play; something that is absolutely required to beat a Raid or some such. The fact is, none of the Allied races are essential content. They're cosmetic. Treat em as a free one off transmog for a new toon, or a paid transmog for an existing one....just as soon as you EARN it.

10+ Year Old Account
    I need on at least one character have exalted with Argussian Reach, Army Of The Light, Nightborne and Highmountain Tauren to unlock races? No matter the faction? Since on my main, i got all reps exalted.

For now it's not outdated content. So do it now.

And remember :

Wil allied races req removed on Battle launch? i hate rep and quests and they locked them behind it.. wil that be just to play it before launch or forever?
    Dont listen to nay sayers i also think the req is only for before launch of BFA, so if u want to play allied race in 7.3.5 u have to do the req but as soon as BFA release it will be removed .

Its one of key(if not the only ) feature of BfA and Blizzard marketing team are not that stupid to lock it behind old content .

10+ Year Old Account
    Dude.. thats not the same at all.. wtf? The comercial for Legion told nothing about that mount, they heavly advertised for allied races for BFA. They basicly say " In the new xpansion you get this and that", the pvp mount is like raids and other engame content, they dont tell you what they are or anything, and they are a reward for the most dedicated players.

Allied races are on the front page of all BFA ads, "see the new races you get, how cool are they?" Then lock them behind hour grinds that has nothing to do with skill or dedication, its just time consuming and booring.
    So basically you're too lazy/indifferent/whatever to play Legion, you hate questing and rep (2 of the pillars of MMOs and many RPGs in general) and still you expect content in future expansions to be designed around you?

The content you're whining about is either important enough to you to work on your reps (you have PLENTY of time, even a little a week will get you exalted with everything months before BFA) or it isn't.

And if it isn't, that's your problem.

P.S. just because Allied Races are 'on the box' doesn't mean that you're entitled to them the moment you install WoW. That isn't how it works. Level 60 was on the box of the original retail release of World of Warcraft, and reaching 60 in classic was more of a goddamned slog than any rep grind in Legion times 20.

And before you play the "but these are reps from teh previous xpac!" card - no, they are reps from the current expansion which people could be working on instead of flailing and bitching on a forum about the future expansion.
    Last edited by Mirishka; 2018-01-08 at 09:42 AM.
    Appreciate your time with friends and family while they're here. Don't wait until they're gone to tell them what they mean to you.

10+ Year Old Account
    @DesoPL......I think it's one max level, exalted rep, and relevant quests complete toon...per faction. Given the quests to bring the new races into the Horde or Alliance start in the Embassies in the faction capitals, it seems logical.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by LoLcano View Post
    Dont listen to nay sayers i also think the req is only for before launch of BFA, so if u want to play allied race in 7.3.5 u have to do the req but as soon as BFA release it will be removed .

Its one of key(if not the only ) feature of BfA and Blizzard marketing team are not that stupid to lock it behind old content .
    Allied races are not coming in 7.3.5. Lore has confirmed that people are datamining stuff that is being prepared for 8.0/BFA.
    Appreciate your time with friends and family while they're here. Don't wait until they're gone to tell them what they mean to you.

If you want to ride a netherwing drake you have to grind rep and do quest but you are not forced to do it...you can still ride other mounts.
    if you want to play a subrace you have to grind their rep and get some achieve or you can play other races.
    theres not much different between races and their racial beside cosmetic stuff and their look and you can still play any class you like.