Page 9 of 15 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by rda View Post
    Blood elf males have been *clearly* created to play on the gay angle. This is unequivocal. This is in everything: in their appearance, in their poses, in their phrases. Example phrase: "Don't you wish your girlfriend was hot like me?". Yeah, when you hear a character with a look of a decidedly pretty young boy say things like that left and right, you kind of get the vibe. And sure, there are other blood elf males, but what I describe is the standard and no other race had anything like that before.
    the only gay characters in wow are wrathion, anduin and tyrande after her husband finally kicks the bucket

Quote Originally Posted by united View Post
    the only gay characters in wow are wrathion, anduin and tyrande after her husband finally kicks the bucket
    Read this post from Ramz:

https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...1#post48589660

I agree with this and I will add that nobody (speaking of men) wants to find out whether a particular metrosexual-looking fellow is gay or straight. We just say "this looks gay" and don't bother.

Deleted
    High Elves and Blood Elves are the same thing.

Blood Elves are what remains of the High Elves.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Sharkins View Post
    2. Void Elves are High Elves, not Blood Elves.

Wrong, Blood Elves are High Elves.

Void Elves are exiled Blood Elves.
    Last edited by mmocefe5057e27; 2018-01-08 at 03:10 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Aeula View Post
    So overall I'd say Alliance will get the edge from Void Elves alone.
    Nah, the Void Elves suck, and the Alliance is worse off for having them and the Lightforged.

Quote Originally Posted by Sigxy the Lemming View Post
    Oh Blizzard, your story telling is so simple to follow and requires no thinking most of the time!
    Umbric says it.

"Silvermoon turned its back on us long ago. Today we are reborn... and it is fitting that we walk a new path. From this day forth, the Alliance has our loyalty."

He recognizes they are a new species of elf, and will need to find their own path.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    Quote Originally Posted by Projectmars View Post
    Nah, the Void Elves suck, and the Alliance is worse off for having them and the Lightforged.
    You're in the minority thinking that. Every allied race poll has been dominated by Void Elves.

You're in the minority thinking that. Every allied race poll has been dominated by Void Elves.
    Doesn’t make ‘em right.

I wonder if Elves will be the bridge to a united Azeroth at some stage, I mean the reasons for conflict between the factions is thinning out over time and it feels like Blizzard needs to create some new reason for us to fight amongst each other every year just to uphold the legacy of Orcs vs Humans.

We now have 2 elf factions on each side potentially leading to a time where elves, like Pandaren, will be able to choose which side they fight for. I don't ever see some races moving to opposite factions but elves have definitely broken the "barrier" here and it could be a sign of things to come. More shared races, more options to choose your side based on beliefs rather than race.

10+ Year Old Account
    Burned Teldrassil, cooking up tasty delicacies with all the elven fat I can gather
    Doesn’t make ‘em right.
    The majority may not have the right but it has the might. That's all it needs.
    Quote Originally Posted by Keyblader View Post
    It's a general rule though that if you play horde you are a bad person irl. It's just a scientific fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Heladys View Post
    The game didn't give me any good reason to hate the horde. Forums did that.

Here's the thing tho. Is Blizz going to UP THE LIGHT with the Blood Elves to further contrast them against the Void Elves? Becase in that case, I'd feel kinda bad for Blood Elves.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Khrux View Post
    I wonder if Elves will be the bridge to a united Azeroth at some stage, I mean the reasons for conflict between the factions is thinning out over time and it feels like Blizzard needs to create some new reason for us to fight amongst each other every year just to uphold the legacy of Orcs vs Humans.

We now have 2 elf factions on each side potentially leading to a time where elves, like Pandaren, will be able to choose which side they fight for. I don't ever see some races moving to opposite factions but elves have definitely broken the "barrier" here and it could be a sign of things to come. More shared races, more options to choose your side based on beliefs rather than race.
    I would not mind that, I am tired of the faction war bullshit. It seems so forced because no matter how much war is waged, we always return to some kind of status quo and the circle repeats itself ad nauseum.

Beside that, I am sorry that Teldrassil gets burned. Yes, it was the most vulnerable target for the Horde to get access to, but still. Night elves get the worst story treatment of all races. Staghelm was made into a raid boss (though I never liked him much, it was probably not doing the character justice), and Malfurion and Tyrande are written as a moronic teenager couple instead of being presented like millennia-old, wise, extremely powerful creatures who could be easily a match for the weakened dragon aspects. It's a shame, really. At least, Illidan was doing his own thing in the expansion, staying the classical anti-hero. But he's not even a night elf anymore, with all the demonic stuff inside him.

*sigh*

10+ Year Old Account
    Burned Teldrassil, cooking up tasty delicacies with all the elven fat I can gather
    Quote Originally Posted by Mayto View Post
    Here's the thing tho. Is Blizz going to UP THE LIGHT with the Blood Elves to further contrast them against the Void Elves? Becase in that case, I'd feel kinda bad for Blood Elves.
    There's no need of forced contrasts, nor that X race has to be foil of Y or at least not on a constant basis (which was the case of the Silver Covenant and that's one of the reasons why they sucked balls).
    It's a general rule though that if you play horde you are a bad person irl. It's just a scientific fact.

Deleted
    I will have double the amount of void elf characters compared to my one lightforged draenei.

Deleted
    The only elves that would actually fit the Horde are the Night Elves.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by The Darkener View Post
    The only elves that would actually fit the Horde are the Night Elves.
    Not even barely. Again, people look at the similarity of trivial aspects while overlooking what really counts.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Deruyter View Post
    Funny how Elves are almost always related to the "good guy" factions in almost every fantasy world, but in WoW they are the dominant factor on the "evil"/dark (Horde) side.
    To be fair, Elves in Warhammer are quite ambivalent and with Chaos Elves, have quite a presence on the Dark Side. D&D Settings also have many possibilities for evil and/or chaotic Elven characters. The main culprit of "Elves = good" is Lord of the Rings, though.

Quote Originally Posted by scubistacy View Post
    The main culprit of "Elves = good" is Lord of the Rings, though.
    And at the same time isn't since orcs are broken elves

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    Doesn’t make ‘em right.
    It kind of does. Void Elves are the elves that'll be getting the most development, which is what this thread is about.

The other three elf races don't have many places to go. Night Elves were sacrificed as pawns, Blood Elves are unlikely to do something unless it involves the Void Elves and Nightborne have had their storyline wrapped up with no clear indication of what they're doing next other than 'Join a faction'.

It kind of does. Void Elves are the elves that'll be getting the most development, which is what this thread is about.

The other three elf races don't have many places to go. Night Elves were sacrificed as pawns, Blood Elves are unlikely to do something unless it involves the Void Elves and Nightborne have had their storyline wrapped up with no clear indication of what they're doing next other than 'Join a faction'.
    Void Elves are an asspull born from lazy writing and bad ideas. They bring with them no story relevancy and only serve to make the edgelords happy to have a race that best suits their image. They would have been better as a small non-player faction within the alliance, but instead they chose to make the dumb choice with them. There is nowhere to go with the playable Void Elves but down through the bottom of the barrel they are the scrapings of. And the Lightforged are not much better, given that they should be off hunting down the embers of the Legion, having left Turalyon and probably a few that would want to continue serving him behind on Azeroth.

10+ Year Old Account
    Void Elves are an asspull born from lazy writing and bad ideas. They bring with them no story relevancy and only serve to make the edgelords happy to have a race that best suits their image. They would have been better as a small non-player faction within the alliance, but instead they chose to make the dumb choice with them. There is nowhere to go with the playable Void Elves but down through the bottom of the barrel they are the scrapings of. And the Lightforged are not much better, given that they should be off hunting down the embers of the Legion, having left Turalyon and probably a few that would want to continue serving him behind on Azeroth.
    Exactly.

Unless Blizzard has a massive Void versus Light theme to tackle in the coming years that could impact on both Void Elves and Lightforged Draenei but what are the chances of that happening?