Page 8 of 27 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    The difference is that indentured servants paid of their debt after a time (a fairly long time of backbreaking labor, but still it happened), their children were not automatically enslaved, you were not free to rape and torture them however you saw fit and when their period of indenture ended they became free citizens.
    Indentured servitude is basically just a loan that is enforced by law. I loan you some money and you owe me X years of labor.
    "stop puting you idiotic liberal words into my mouth"
    -ynnady

Rome was like half slaves at one time. Barbarians were invading and the slaves revolted and threw open the gates letting the barbarians in.

Native Americans had slaves, captured in raids.

In the US a lot of slave owners freed their slaves, President Jefferson being one such person.

Most countries banned slavery in the 1800's as did the US . Britain banned slavery in 1835 and the US banned slavery 30 years later.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

In America chattel slavery, the most dehumanizing form of slavery, was done along racial lines.

Can't just erase the American national shame.

10+ Year Old Account
    Considering there was slavery in Africa long before White people even showed up there, I'd say you're correct. It's existed all over the world, for thousands and thousands of years. To say it's only a "White thing", makes you a racist plain and simple.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Elba View Post
    In America chattel slavery, the most dehumanizing form of slavery, was done along racial lines.

I like how a Communist is lecturing people about "shame". Bugger off.
    ON WEDNESDAYS WE WEAR PINK

Quote Originally Posted by Desareon View Post
    Nice deflection.

Quote Originally Posted by Desareon View Post
    Considering there was slavery in Africa long before White people even showed up there, I'd say you're correct. It's existed all over the world, for thousands and thousands of years. To say it's only a "White thing", makes you a racist plain and simple.

- - - Updated - - -

It's Elba gotta bash america every chance he gets.

Quote Originally Posted by ParanoiD84 View Post
    Pointing out that American chattel slavery was racial is bashing?

10+ Year Old Account

Yeah nothing better that Alt-Left and Alt-White or Alt-Center white guys want to talk about racism and slavery and everyone else suggesting we should all just get over it.

Yeah I’ll take a hard pass on those who have no clue about my problems or a whole race of people and what they think WE should all do.

Gotta remind them we are not all on the same side and are never going to be.

- - - Updated - - -

Nah Elba is right and I don’t always agree with him but calling him a racist or communist just because you disagree isn’t any different.
    Milli Vanilli, Bigger than Elvis

Quote Originally Posted by X Amadeus X View Post
    Yeah nothing better that Alt-Left and Alt-White or Alt-Center white guys want to talk about racism and slavery and everyone else suggesting we should all just get over it.

Yeah I’ll take a hard pass on those who have no clue about my problems or a whole race of people and what they think WE should all do.

Gotta remind them we are not all on the same side and are never going to be.
    But the slaves that were forced to built the White House were 'well-fed and had decent lodgings'. So it couldn't have been so bad. Bill O'Reilly said so!

Pointing out that American chattel slavery was racial is bashing?
    I dont see you even mention anyone else who did slavery, you know about just everyone including the black people selling their own people into slavery, funny but not surprising comming from you.

10+ Year Old Account
    But the slaves that were forced to built the White House were 'well-fed and had decent lodgings'. So it couldn't have been so bad. Bill O'Reilly said so!
    We of course not as long as he benefits from someone else’s misery he can marginalize. He has a long career of doing this.

- - - Updated - - -

I dont see you even mention anyone else who did slavery, you know about just everyone including the black people selling their own people into slavery, funny but not surprising comming from you.
    He doesn’t need to. And seeing you try to throw in other races or people isn’t going unnoticed either. Like when white Supremacist try to use Jews or Asians as a means to argue against Affirmative Action to try to put more hatred on black people. Even including People like Omarosa or Stacy Dash lol

Quote Originally Posted by X Amadeus X View Post
    We of course not as long as he benefits from someone else’s misery he can marginalize. He has a long career of doing this.

- - - Updated - - -

He doesn’t need to. And seeing you try to throw in other races or people isn’t going unnoticed either. Like when white Supremacist try to use Jews or Asians as a means to argue against Affirmative Action to try to put more hatred on black people. Even including People like Omarosa or Stacy Dash lol
    Who are you his wing man?

So? "But other nations had slaves" is the usual deflection racist white Americans like to use to downplay slavery in America. Same with the "but blacks sold some of them to us". Not an excuse for the atrocities, isn't it? More like whataboutism.

Especially when you compare the prisoner of war slavery, more like indentured servitude really, practiced by most folks historically, including African tribes, to the dehumanizing, racial based chattel slavery, that was practiced in the American south. Where black people literally were treated like animals. Which adds a whole other quality to it.

You should really read up on chattel slavery. You might learn something and get a different perspective.

7+ Year Old Account
    Yea thank you, someone with a brain.... Cause it's always " Omg slavery, feel sad for the black people." And " Slavery! fucking white people!"

So? "But other nations had slaves" is the usual deflection racist white Americans like to use to downplay slavery in America. Same with the "but blacks sold some of them to us". Not an excuse for the atrocities, isn't it? More like whataboutism.

Especially when you compare the prisoner of war slavery, more like indentured servitude really, practiced by most folks historically, including African tribes, to the dehumanizing, racial based chattel slavery, that was practiced in the American south. Where black people literally were treated like animals. Which adds a whole other quality to it.

You should really read up on chattel slavery. You might learn something and get a different perspective.
    Surprised you are even on the internet again elba thought you where to paranoid to even get out of your bed, all them scary cops and nazis etc, lets see how long you last this time untill your next ban.

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh I’m sorry did I interfere with your little pile on when Elba has to destroy all your bad arguments by himself along with all the other fragile ego posting the race based threads constantly?

They just love they fact they can be openly racist towards white folks.
    "It doesn't matter if you believe me or not but common sense doesn't really work here. You're mad, I'm mad. We're all MAD here."

Quote Originally Posted by Saucexorzski View Post
    They just love they fact they can be openly racist towards white folks.
    Oh i know so funny to mess with them.

Surprised you are even on the internet again elba thought you where to paranoid to even get out of your bed, all them scary cops and nazis etc, lets see how long you last this time untill your next ban.
    So, do you actually have anything to contribute to the conversation?

10+ Year Old Account

It’s like watching that Stephen Miller twerp on CNN. “ I just wanna talk about how wonderful white peoples are!” Or how “ White people arent responsible for every bad thing”, while You and nobody else make thes threads CONSTANTLY when not trying to shit on brown immigrants or any other issue to try to make POC look like shit.