Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Nnyco View Post
    the fight itself is kinda bullshit
    I enjoy this fight.

because if you get a norganon on 2nd torment you get a storm same time, the rng of this fight makes it sometimes a pain in the ass and other times super easy
    Even suppose you are right about RNG (which I disagree), it wont cause your "AOTC" pugs wiping for over 2 times. You just invite a lot of ppl who have no idea how to do coven at all.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by MasterOfNone View Post
    so said all this to say people are bad. you also made a guarantee that is complete nonsense. i see just as many scrubs with kills and aotc as i do non experienced players. neither of them can play for shit usually.
    No. If they do have kills, they are experienced players. The "scrubs" you've seen are just a bunch of non-kills players.

I've said you need use addons to generate armory link to check my words before your illusion about "scrubs" who do exists in real world.
    Last edited by rxosxp; 2018-01-08 at 10:33 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by rxosxp View Post
    I enjoy this fight.

Even suppose you are right about RNG (which I disagree), it wont cause your "AOTC" pugs wiping for over 2 times. You just invite a lot of ppl who have no idea how to do coven at all.

- - - Updated - - -

No. If they do have kills, they are experienced players. The "scrubs" you've seen just a bunch of non-kills players.

I've said you need use addons to generate armory link to check my words before your illusion about "scrubs" do exists in real world.
    experienced does not mean carried to aotc bro. not the same. youre the same type of dude that says "aotc for normal attbt." just stupid on every level. im guessing your groups require like a 965 ilvl as well? ill take an experienced old school raider over ilvl or achieves any day...

experienced does not mean carried to aotc bro. not the same. youre the same type of dude that says "aotc for normal attbt." just stupid on every level. im guessing your groups require like a 965 ilvl as well? ill take an experienced old school raider over ilvl or achieves any day...
    I don't require ilvl. I just set ilvl to a point like (945 for heroic) which no troll players (like 900) try to apply my group. If these ppl don't exist, I wont even set an ilvl. I am not requiring anyone who has AOTC too. I just manually check their armory to know their situations.

I kept wiping in heroic coven pugs for many times. I was wondering why. Gladly, I finally found out the reason.

90% of applicants and 90% of leaders don't have kills before they apply or create the group. These ppl just ruin your experience. I did not want to carry those leaders, so I tried to lead a heroic pug and we one-shot every boss in 2 hours.

You need install addons (like lookingforgroup on curse) to generate armory links before you apply/start a group. If you do have kills, never join those groups whose leader does not have kills and never invite anyone they don't have kills. You must armory ALL of them, don't be lazy please.

We need push those leaders who don't have kills to invite those ppl who don't have kills. Don't join their groups to carry them. Make these ppl play and progress with each other. These no-kills leaders who asked AotC are the enemies of the entire LFG system.

As long as you armory all of them, I can guarantee you will one/two-shot(s) coven. It is a super easy boss as long as everyone does know the fight.

Besides, this lookingforgroup addon can generate raider.io link for you too, so you should not invite those who don't have kills to ruin your 15+ m+ keystone.
    so basically ur saying that i shouldn't bother going to hc on my bear also because hes not been in hc yet? that's basically what i'm seeing here, as for raid leader with out kills they make the grps coz that's the only way form them to even attempt to reach the credulous requirements grps have, its stupid enough that i need to have done atleast a 15 in every dungeon with some 16's and 17s to get into a 15 for my weekly ke, curve i get for hc but 960+ requirement is just stupid and don't get me started on the requirements for normal

I don't require ilvl. I just set ilvl to a point like (945 for heroic) which no troll players (like 900) try to apply my group. If these ppl don't exist, I wont even set an ilvl. I am not requiring anyone who has AOTC too. I just manually check their armory to know their situations.
    bullshit. you just said you require kill experience. do you think everyone who has these achieves didnt have to get them somehow? without kill experience? you contradict yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by thunderdragon2 View Post
    so basically ur saying that i shouldn't bother going to hc on my bear also because hes not been in hc yet? that's basically what i'm seeing here, as for raid leader with out kills they make the grps coz that's the only way form them to even attempt to reach the credulous requirements grps have, its stupid enough that i need to have done atleast a 15 in every dungeon with some 16's and 17s to get into a 15 for my weekly ke, curve i get for hc but 960+ requirement is just stupid and don't get me started on the requirements for normal
    I've said before I don't care your ilvl (as long as your ilvl is not too low) at all. I've even declined a lot of ilvl 965 players for heroic ToS (even they have mythic antorus kills) if they don't have heroic ToS kills. The addon just solves the problem.

15+ Year Old Account
    AotC Achievement does not work. A lot of ppl do have Aotc but they don't have coven kills. Having Aotc=/= they have coven kills/aggramar kills.

Also a lot of ppl buy/fake their AoTC. You must check their armory to know whether they do have kills or get boost.

- - - Updated - - -

You need use LFG addon to generate armory links to check my words before you think Aotc works.
    They could be carried through it the previous week as well. Armory link really doesn't prove anything either. It's the most complicated fight in the instance so it's only natural that people may struggle. Pugging is just as random as the loot you receive from the instance. Addons won't fix this. Adding people as friends and grouping with people you've had success with in the past will.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Essentia@Cho'gall of Inebriated Raiding.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ssentia/simple
    http://masteroverwatch.com/profile/pc/us/Tharkkun-1222

Quote Originally Posted by Sixnalia View Post
    Yeah. I'd attribute most of the wipes in PUGs to the terribly random overlaps that can often occur. Especially if Norgannon aligns with a Storm as the second or third Torment of the Titans. Or Aman'thul where the Storm doesn't place any safe spots for Melee to contribute for a solid chunk of time if the group is melee heavy.

The lack of communication often found in Pugs for an encounter with randomized mechanics can really throw them through a spin.
    Yeah, that's the biggest offender. I was in a Heroic pug last week, we one-shot everything up to Coven with contemptuous ease, then wiped 6 times on them, and only twice to Aggramar before clearing the raid. Like Maiden, it's just the definition of a pug-unfriendly boss.

My alt has no kill for coven. 4 kills for hc argus and aggramar and most other bosses too. My main has multiple hc clears on all bosses though. Using this logic my alt would get denied for coven fights. Reason i don't have coven kills on alt: lack of time to bother finding special pugs since most pugs fail coven horribly. It's still a piss easy fight for me. Let's face it, there is no flawless method for finding people. You're always taking a risk when joining or putting together a pug.

bullshit. you just said you require kill experience. do you think everyone who has these achieves didnt have to get them somehow? without kill experience? you contradict yourself.
    Like I said before, if no one joins those groups whose leaders don't have kills, they will have to invite you guys who don't have kills either. People who don't have kills will play with each other and people who have kills will play with each other. You will progress with these no-kills leaders and raiders, finally, you will get killed. Then you can join my group. Problem solved.

Deleted
    I kept wiping in heroic coven pugs for many times. I was wondering why. Gladly, I finally found out the reason.
    No, you haven't. The reason is very straight-forward: the overwhelming majority of players in this game are mediocre/terrible and have absolutely no desire to improve FULL STOP.
    90% of applicants and 90% of leaders don't have kills before they apply or create the group. These ppl just ruin your experience. I did not want to carry those leaders, so I tried to lead a heroic pug and we one-shot every boss in 2 hours.

You need install addons (like lookingforgroup on curse) to generate armory links before you apply/start a group. If you do have kills, never join those groups whose leader does not have kills and never invite anyone they don't have kills. You must armory ALL of them, don't be lazy please.

We need push those leaders who don't have kills to invite those ppl who don't have kills. Don't join their groups to carry them. Make these ppl play and progress with each other. These no-kills leaders who asked AotC are the enemies of the entire LFG system.

As long as you armory all of them, I can guarantee you will one/two-shot(s) coven. It is a super easy boss as long as everyone does know the fight.
    Even if you only invite people who have a kill (or multiple kills), it doesn't guarantee you anything. Reason? Everything below end mythic bosses in this game allows for a varying amount of leeway. Meaning? People can get carried. In terms of heroic, they can be hard carried. You can have half the raid dead for the majority of this fight and still pull it off.
    The absolute closest you can get to reduce the possibility of failure is to check everyone's logs, but that method also comes with two big drawbacks:
    1) time. It will take you an eternity to form a grp and to find replacements
    2) padders with blindfolds on who only care about the dps number. Like dps who stand in shit, or tanks who go for 99% dps logs and thus die to things they shouldn't/miss-position the boss, or healers who can't for the life of them do anything but spam heal the raid, etc.
    Besides, this lookingforgroup addon can generate raider.io link for you too, so you should not invite those who don't have kills to ruin your 15+ m+ keystone.
    If you were half as good as you are portraying yourself to be - for your information at this point in the expansion 15s can be done 3 man in time. Something to ponder, pal.

Quote Originally Posted by Devore View Post
    No, you haven't. The reason is very straight-forward: the overwhelming majority of players in this game are mediocre/terrible and have absolutely no desire to improve FULL STOP.
    False claim. You cant prove it.

Even if you only invite people who have a kill (or multiple kills), it doesn't guarantee you anything. Reason? Everything below end mythic bosses in this game allows for a varying amount of leeway. Meaning? People can get carried. In terms of heroic, they can be hard carried. You can have half the raid dead for the majority of this fight and still pull it off.
    Sure some can get carried. However, you just cant tell me how many % of ppl who get hard carried. Also the more kills they have, they higher chance I would invite them.

The absolute closest you can get to reduce the possibility of failure is to check everyone's logs, but that method also comes with two big drawbacks:
    1) time. It will take you an eternity to form a grp and to find replacements
    2) padders with blindfolds on who only care about the dps number. Like dps who stand in shit, or tanks who go for 99% dps logs and thus die to things they shouldn't/miss-position the boss, or healers who can't for the life of them do anything but spam heal the raid, etc.
    If you were half as good as you are portraying yourself to be - for your information at this point in the expansion 15s can be done 3 man in time. Something to ponder, pal.
    Well. Just do 15+ every week for 3 mans in PUGs every week before you claim 15s can be easily done with 3 man in time.

Like I said before, you need actually check their armories to check my words before you post your ridiculous nonsense here.

Quote Originally Posted by Bobbywan View Post
    nah, i would say that the problem is the somewhat random overlaps.
    Nah the problem is that people in pugs don't know how to deal with the overlaps. It happens all the time pugs aren't the outliers.

10+ Year Old Account
    That is why you need install addons to generate links in order to armory them.
    Are you promoting addons? People are capable of typing in someones name in armory without bloating their game with another addon.

And no, boss is piss easy and people die not only because they don't have a kill yet, but because of various circumstance that have to be looked upon in logs/meters.
    Literally all 2 pug HC coven kills i've done with my wife she was dead because some monk or warrior decided to torpedo/leap over her proccing chaining lightning to kill them both. Or when DK has tanking experience on this fight but still grips into himself instead of an add because "other tank grip them i dunno how it works". Or when melee safe zone gets ravaged by a burning blade because someone was standing right in the fucking middle of it. Or because you've got 0 healing and got stunned for 8 seconds and instant kill adds simply walked into you. Or that priest who got pissed that you refused to give him a piece of gear just keeps gripping you through shit.

It's a very interesting encounter with a lot of stuff happening, someone not having a kill doesn't mean that they won't make it, and vice versa, someone having a kill doesn't mean that they won't die from a burning blade slowly creeping behind

- - - Updated - - -

That happens because these PUGs invite some random ppl who don't have coven kills. They don't know the fight. If they do know the fight, no one will random overlap with each other.
    So... the bosses mechanics involves checking raid comp in regards of having coven kills and based on that RNG decides to spare the raid from crazy overlaps? Am i reading this right?
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Dictionary
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

Had 2 oneshots on Coven yesterday with alt nr3 and alt nr6.

I opened a group "Coven 960+, curve", only invite those who whisper curve, are 960+, then I check curve with the Achievement Check addon, look at their coven kills with oilvl, remove if necessary. Easy kills.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nyoken View Post
    That boss is very easy, nothing hard about it. First pull I did on it, I killed it. But for most people this is a very difficult boss sadly....So I know what you mean.............. The paiiiiiiiin............ .....
    neckbearded humble brag
    i live by one motto! "lolwut?"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Devore View Post
    Sorry but it's not true. If you are looking at logs you already see if it's a padded DPS or not.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by thunderdragon2 View Post
    The fun thing is when 920 ilvl raid leader in HC without experience that dies on every single fucking boss gets abandoned and raid reforms without him to continue :3

- - - Updated - - -

False claim. You cant prove it.
    Well you can't prove your point either, so...
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Dictionary
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

2 main reasons for my deaths on Coven:
    Healers don't think it is necessary to heal a person with the fire ring on them
    People tunneling boss and assuming someone else will take care of the adds

this. exactly this.