Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    It would be cool if they released content patches for Classic in the future. We have things like Uldum, Grim Batol, Hyjal, Gilneas, Emerald Dream and even Karazhan crypts that could easily double or even tripple the amount of content in Classic.

The only issue I see is that if they want to be able to progress into TBC at some point they can't go over the 115 iLvl of Karazhan.
    So for raiding we could get something like:
    * One 20-man raid between AQ and Naxx in gear
    * One 40-man raid equal to Naxx in gear
    * Two 40-man raids above Naxx in gear but equal to each other
    * One 20-man raid between Naxx and the two new raids in gear

And of course lots of new dungeons who doesn't invalidate the previous ones but have some interesting gear here and there.

15+ Year Old Account
    I can very much see them releasing BC servers after classic.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zka View Post
    I can very much see them releasing BC servers after classic.
    I would love that too, and WotLK servers, Cata servers etc.

As long as they keep the vanilla servers. TBC servers should be added but NOT replace the Vanilla ones.
    • Diablo Immortal is the most misunderstood and underrated game of all time!
    • Blizzard, please, give us some end-game focused Classic servers, where you start at max level!
    • Serious Completionist: 100% OW Achievements, 100% D3 Achievements, 90% Immortal Achievements, 99% ATT Classic, ~90% ATT Retail

5+ Year Old Account
    Here's an idea:

World of Warcraft prequel set in the early warcraft world, hundreds or maybe thousands of years before Warcraft 1 Orcs & Humans. With the Gurubashi Empire still standing etc.

WoW 10.000 years before the Dark Portal.
    “Listen... Strange women lying in ponds distributing swords is no basis for a system of government. Supreme executive power derives from a mandate from the masses, not from some farcical aquatic ceremony.” – Dennis

10+ Year Old Account
    I wouldn't expect it.

But I hope they learn a thing or two from this endeavor of "re-making" vanilla. Find some of what made it magical in the first place and apply some of those ideas into the expansion after BfA.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Battlebeard View Post
    As long as they keep the vanilla servers. TBC servers should be added but NOT replace the Vanilla ones.
    Yes I agree. They should cycle vanilla content (gradually open 5mans and raids) on the vanilla servers every 2 years and keep adding BC, LK, etc every 2 year But at least BC and LK should be shipped, these and classic were super fun with friends.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zka View Post
    Yes I agree. They should cycle vanilla content (gradually open 5mans and raids) on the vanilla servers every 2 years and keep adding BC, LK, etc every 2 year But at least BC and LK should be shipped, these and classic were super fun with friends.
    Well yeah kind of, but I really hope for vanilla servers that will never reset. 2 years isn't enough, want a server where I can play 5+ years vanilla at least.
    • Diablo Immortal is the most misunderstood and underrated game of all time!
    • Blizzard, please, give us some end-game focused Classic servers, where you start at max level!
    • Serious Completionist: 100% OW Achievements, 100% D3 Achievements, 90% Immortal Achievements, 99% ATT Classic, ~90% ATT Retail

10+ Year Old Account
    I doubt it. I'd rather they just spent the time adding more content to the real version of wow. Not the one everyone will abandoned after a few months.
    Aye mate

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Deviant008 View Post
    I was thinking. If classic WoW becomes a success, will we also get a new classic WoW expansion later on? With a classic WoW expansion I don't mean TBC but a new expansion based on the classic WoW playstyle (no flying, cross-realm, sharding, LFG, LFR, transmorph, etc).

I think this would be really cool. Like many people I miss the classic WoW playstyle but the downside is that I have already played vanilla WoW so there is not much new to experience or to explore. If we can get a new expansion based on classic WoW that would be perfect. That way we can explore new content with the playstyle we love.
    I think it's a cool idea and personally I would support and buy such an expansion if it came out.

However it just wouldn't make sense for Blizzard to divert their story line and game to go a different direction after all these years. It would confuse the general playerbase and new incoming players. And i feel would ultimately just not make sense for the WoW universe.

If the classic server and potential legacy servers are an absolutely HUGE success. I would feel Blizzard would benefit more from making a WoW 2 where they keep that same level of vanilla immersion and difficulty. But remaster the graphics, balance the classes, and change up the whole world of warcraft for a whole new experience in WoW 2.
    If i was riding a donkey down the road. And someone threw a rock and knocked me off. Would i be stoned off my ass?

That's all fine but I don't want someone to take away LFR away from me, where I can be honest to the community and community can be honest to me. Everyone can jump into LFR to raid for loot and leave once they get pissed off, including my self.
    Yeah, there is a reason I added the "big enough interest" bit :>
    "And all those exclamation marks, you notice? Five?
    A sure sign of someone who wears his underpants on his head."

Quote Originally Posted by owbu View Post
    But what if I like the vanilla style gameplay AND want new content?
    Play The Burning Crusade. It's already the better version of Classic.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Storfan View Post
    Here's an idea:

World of Warcraft prequel set in the early warcraft world, hundreds or maybe thousands of years before Warcraft 1 Orcs & Humans. With the Gurubashi Empire still standing etc.

WoW 10.000 years before the Dark Portal.
    Let's not, let's instead just have TBC. If you wish to explore the new wonderful land of the lore. Do so in the most recent version of the game instead.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Battlebeard View Post
    Well yeah kind of, but I really hope for vanilla servers that will never reset. 2 years isn't enough, want a server where I can play 5+ years vanilla at least.
    I don't mean character reset, but content reset. To let people start new toons that have no access to Dire Maul or ZG gear before MC and so on.

Quote Originally Posted by Bethanie View Post
    Unless Classic Wow is set on AU Azeroth, that way the story would have to play out differently as their wouldn't be any Dark Portal shenanigans and TBC couldn't happen.

I would imagine that Classic Wow will be using the current game engine, I doubt that Blizzard will use separate clients for both games.
    Well the dark portal came a very long time before TBC and without the dark portal we either wouldn't have orcs or we would've never went to draenor to fight

Just play Retail then OP, clearly Classic isn’t for you.

I don't think they should add permanent content or expansions to Classic.

BUT, I would really like it if they did events. Maybe a temp dungeon that opened up. Some sort of world boss attack. An occupation of a town.

Events with in the spirit and scope of classic wow would be cool.

Quote Originally Posted by Pull My Finger View Post
    Absolute nonsense. Why would they make two separate versions of the same game?
    You mean like WoW and WoW Classic?
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    "Real" Demon Hunters don't work as a class in modern WoW
    Quote Originally Posted by Talen View Post
    Please point out to me the player Demon Hunter who has Meta.

Give them the finger, they'll take the whole arm.

They didn't want to manage two MMORPG's when one of said MMO's would've been entirely new, so why would they want to manage 2 MMO's where 1 is basically what they put out 13 years ago with added fluff on an alternate universe type deal so as to not clash with the canon Live game...?

Classic has been hailed to Hell and back as the ultimate iteration and pinnacle of game design for years. I trust that should be enough.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Wries View Post
    I wouldn't expect it.

But I hope they learn a thing or two from this endeavor of "re-making" vanilla. Find some of what made it magical in the first place and apply some of those ideas into the expansion after BfA.
    There hasn't been some objective removal of "magic" from the game, everyone's got their personal idea of when the game was at its best.

And no, they'll never be able to "recapture" the magic people felt on a subjective level, save from lobotomizing their entire playerbase so as to make them forget everything and play the game once more from the perspective of an entirely new player.

Quote Originally Posted by matheney2k View Post
    Rehashing an already existing game is not quite the same as creating an all-new expansion apart from the main game and it's new expansions. I trust you see that.
    In order for Classic to exist, we should recognize that Blizzard acknowledges that there is an audience for the 'Vanilla Experience' and that there is potential profit to be made. What comes with this is a game that is not a part of retail WoW, but something that exists parallel to it. That is what people want; a parallel game is not bound to the rulesets laid down by years of iteration on WoW.

The potential to expand on content without simply re-releasing previous expansions is completely within the realm of possibility. Not saying that they will or that they should, just that it's possible. They don't have to play by any rules of pushing each expansion through Classic if people want the Vanilla balance to stay exactly the same but want more PVE content that doesn't just stop at Naxxramas. They can release however many patches of content before TBC soft resets it all with 2.0. They have more than enough assets to do it, and designers would literally be dumbing down mechanics that already exist to make it fit a Vanilla style. They could throw in Cataclysm 'demake' content while sticking to Vanilla stats and numbers, or throw in more world bosses.

Why does it have to be TBC -> Wrath -> Cata when we all know people will stop at Wrath?
    Last edited by Thimagryn; 2018-01-09 at 01:50 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    "Real" Demon Hunters don't work as a class in modern WoW
    Quote Originally Posted by Talen View Post
    Please point out to me the player Demon Hunter who has Meta.

Quote Originally Posted by Thimagryn View Post
    You mean like WoW and WoW Classic?
    We both know you're acting anti-intellectual on purpose.

just release tbc lol