Page 11 of 52 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by TheramoreIsTheBomb View Post
    Pros: Allows people to play game longer and not complain about "waahh no content!"
    Cons: Will run out fast during the "Fresh and Feast" phase. [Meaning people will eat up the four allied races content by leveling them to 110 as fast as they can to unlock armor]
    The funny thing is I actually spent more time playing WoD leveling new characters and doing other stuff then I have done playing Legion. I'm not a raider, so raid content and content droughts are never a consideration for me.

Quote Originally Posted by ro9ue View Post
    I think I'm done with this conversation. Only saw a few people who had valid and reasonable perspectives and points and I responded to those, but I can't keep responding to 90% of what's in this thread which is just toxic and ridiculous.
    What makes you think people who disagree with you need a response?

You stated an opinion and opinions were stated in return. You aren't going to "win" anything here. Don't view it as an argument to be had, because it's not.

you do have to unlock demon hunters though.

you have to level a character to 100 (afaik?)

I think I'm done with this conversation. Only saw a few people who had valid and reasonable perspectives and points and I responded to those, but I can't keep responding to 90% of what's in this thread which is just toxic and ridiculous.
    You mean you weren't convinced by the seventh time you were called a retard or twelfth time you were called either lazy or a baby? Shocking.
    Quote Originally Posted by Me
    WoW would be a great game if it weren't an MMO.

Quote Originally Posted by Bamboozler View Post
    I understand your point about PvP players. To me, of all scenarios, this one makes the most sense. I'd also like to think that this game, as well as real-life, requires some rationale and compromise. People are in here acting like $50 is being charged for Allied Races, and that's an outright lie. You're being charged $50 for the entire expansion, all the patched content they'll release, the dungeons, raids, new arenas, new BG, etc. It's really hard to take someone seriously when they act like they're getting nothing for their money.

You also happened to label us as idiots in your first post. Tell me, what is idiotic about being able to understand why they're doing it and accepting that it is something I can't change as an individual. I really had wished I got Thunderfury as soon as I bought Vanilla WoW, but that wasn't the case. Am I also an idiot for accepting that, by your logic? I'd prefer to think the idiot is the person whose brain can't rationalize simple things like: If I don't want to do the quest line, I shouldn't be able to play the class. But y'know, I guess that's rocket science.
    I said useful idiots There are a lot of posters who will defend Blizzard no matter what, even when they make cynical game design decisions or charge them stupid amounts of money for automated services. I really get tired of seeing it. Fair enough if you or others genuinely think, "Cool, having to unlock the races will give me more stuff to do". But at least try to look at it also from Blizzard's point of view as a business and why they make certain decisions.

Quote Originally Posted by shaunika123 View Post
    you do have to unlock demon hunters though.

you have to level a character to 100 (afaik?)
    It's a level 70 character on the same realm. Fairly minimal gate for anyone who's played the game for any length of time. But a ridiculously high gate for new players.

But as stated, Blizz only cares about pumping up those /played hours now, so whatever dumbass decisions they have to make to add to their stats, they will.

Scarab Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Farming reputation from old expansions to use something from a new one is a god damn fucking stupid idea.

Heard you hate attunements so we removed them to only re-implement them in new and exciting ways for maximum PITA. Some of you like them right? right???
    If you knew the candle was fire then the meal was cooked a long time ago.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ranganathan View Post
    It's a level 70 character on the same realm. Fairly minimal gate for anyone who's played the game for any length of time. But a ridiculously high gate for new players.

But as stated, Blizz only cares about pumping up those /played hours now, so whatever dumbass decisions they have to make to add to their stats, they will.
    Actually, DH is a hero class, and it's meant by definition for more experienced players (you still get a warning if you try to create a DK without any mid-level toon, even though you CAN create it now since the original requirements were lifted). I am not questioning that gating Allied races is also a business decision, because of course it is. But it's also meant for players who already got to know them by questing in Legion, so I'm fine with the rep grind. New players still have many races to choose from, and also a free boost to 100 to do the rep grind pretty quickly anyway.
    Last edited by mmocd08eb6ddf2; 2018-01-09 at 08:06 PM. Reason: typos

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bamboozler View Post
    Wrong.

Crying about it and acting like you're being robbed of your $50 because you can't play a Nightborne immediately is immature. You can read better than that, can't you? Way to try to derail the topic, though.
    Doesn't seem you can read. People are making arguments for whether or not if it would be fair to include or not to include allied races with the purchase of BfA. You, instead, have done nothing but make rude and childish comments towards people making these arguments and say that they're "crying" - a typical losers attitude in an argument.

Quote Originally Posted by Xavin View Post
    Actually, DH is a hero class, and it's meant by definition for more experienced players (you still get a warning if you try to create a DK without any mid-level toon, even though you CAN create it now since the original requirements were lifted). I am not questioning that gating Allied races is also a business decision, because of course it is. But it's also meant for players who already got to know them by questing in Legion, so I'm fine with the rep grind. New players still have many races to choose from, and also a free boost to 100 to do the rep grind pretty quickly anyway.
    You learn everything there is to know about their story by completing the zone quest achievement. Which put you at around 0/12000 Honored. Every single point of rep beyond that (33,000) and the ghastly low rep gains from the most reliable sources (75 per WQ) is purely about artificially inflating /played numbers.

I don't have time to read the 12 pages of this thread, but does the OP know that reputation locked Allied races will be available with Legion's patch 7.3.5?
    It means it's not a BfA feature, it's a new feature ingame that you should automatically unlock when patch 7.3.5 will be released because you had something like 18 months to up 2 of the 4 reputations, and something like 6 months to up the 2 last.

Has WoW become too difficult?

- - - Updated - - -

And for Zandalari reputation, you will up it with leveling and WQ.
    I don't know how they will unlock the Dark Iron dwarves, I hope it's not with the Thorium brotherhood reputation

Deleted
    So a few people have told me it does not take weeks to get Argussian Reach at exalted. Is there some magic method I'm missing here or is it just a case of no-life?

LOL I dont remember how long it took me to reach Exalted with Argussian Reach. Just play the content.
    AMD Build: | CPU: FX-9590 OEM 8-Core(4.7 GHz) Black Edition | GPU: STRIX R9 380 2GB(x1) | Ram: 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR3-1600 Memory
    Main: Samsung 850 500GB | BU: WDC Caviar Blue 2TB(x2) | Power: Corsair CX500 | Mobo: Sabertooth 990FX R2.0 [Old faithful!]

Now my living room center piece and open case HTPC.

I'm mostly trying to make the point that if they are pitched Allied Races as a feature of the next expansion, but you are required to do questlines and reputation to actually get them, it can be a bit misleading. It requires completed content from a previous expansion. So technically when you put your money down for BFA, you don't get allied races unless you do the other content.
    You didn't get Death Knights and Demon Hunters unless you already had characters at the appropriate levels. You had to have done "other content" to get them.
    “The biggest communication problem is we do not listen to understand. We listen to reply,” Stephen Covey.

Quote Originally Posted by WolfRider View Post
    I don't have time to read the 12 pages of this thread, but does the OP know that reputation locked Allied races will be available with Legion's patch 7.3.5?
    Incorrect. The requirements have been updated to include purchase of BfA. So though there's a lot of data to mine from the 7.3.5 PTR, the allied races won't drop till at least the BfA pre-orders go live.

It means it's not a BfA feature, it's a new feature ingame...
    Funny how the talked it up during the BfA announcement. And how it was listed as a feature...of BfA.

Has WoW become too difficult?
    Not too difficult, but too time consuming for adults with jobs, spouses, and/or kids.

I'm more puzzled by the reputation requirements. Having to do the quests is fine, but grinding Legion reputations to unlock BfA content is stupid if you ask me.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Wallmaker Yahzarah View Post
    LOL I dont remember how long it took me to reach Exalted with Argussian Reach. Just play the content.
    I am exalted, but it took me a while. I was just curious. Seeing as you don't remember, it probably took you a long ass time as well

You have to unlock most of the content that comes with a WoW expansion. Very little of it is accessible immediately to a new player.

Quote Originally Posted by monopoly man View Post
    I am exalted, but it took me a while. I was just curious. Seeing as you don't remember, it probably took you a long ass time as well
    Not really... I just play the content with structured approach.
    https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/ch...lig/reputation

welp... played. on a break atm. going on 2-3mo now.
    AMD Build: | CPU: FX-9590 OEM 8-Core(4.7 GHz) Black Edition | GPU: STRIX R9 380 2GB(x1) | Ram: 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR3-1600 Memory
    Main: Samsung 850 500GB | BU: WDC Caviar Blue 2TB(x2) | Power: Corsair CX500 | Mobo: Sabertooth 990FX R2.0 [Old faithful!]

Now my living room center piece and open case HTPC.

Quote Originally Posted by Rogalicus View Post
    No, I didn't cry, because I don't really care about flying. And all I see in your posts is "I'M HOTSHOT I MANAGED TO DO BRAINDEAD DAILIES WHILE THEY ARE CURRENT AREN'T I SMART". This is about people who will come after BfA release and will be forced to do completely outdated boring irrelevant shit.

I didn't say 'play Zandalari', I said 'travel to Zandalar'. You don't get to start questing in BfA if you don't have Zandalar Tribe at exalted. How would you like that?
    You've gotta do outdated boring shit in order to get old titles, gear, mounts, etc. What's the difference? Why are you so angry about this? Especially when you've probably already gotten exalted with most of the factions already? Quit foaming at the mouth over trivial shit, moron.
    Can you think? I'm not asking that as a way to taunt or make fun of you. But can you actually think? Like for yourself? With words? I'm genuinely asking this.

Spastic retard.