Page 1 of 5
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

The Next 'Bloodfang Widow'

The Bloodfang Widow was Legion's 'goldsink' mount, costing 2 million gold (which was about 1.8 million more gold than I had at the start of Legion, and 1.6 million more than I have right now).

Is there any chance Battle For Azeroth will have a similar high-cost mount for the rich players out there? Something in the order of 10-20 million gold? What could it be? The widow was great and there haven't been any other spider mounts, so a similar mount would have to be similarly unique.

Quote Originally Posted by Golden Yak View Post
    The Bloodfang Widow was Legion's 'goldsink' mount, costing 2 million gold (which was about 1.8 million more gold than I had at the start of Legion, and 1.6 million more than I have right now).

Is there any chance Battle For Azeroth will have a similar high-cost mount for the rich players out there? Something in the order of 10-20 million gold? What could it be? The widow was great and there haven't been any other spider mounts, so a similar mount would have to be similarly unique.
    Doubt we'll ever see an ingame mount at gold cap (10mil-1c), but definitely something between 2 and 4 mil.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Onikaroshi View Post
    Doubt we'll ever see an ingame mount at gold cap (10mil-1c), but definitely something between 2 and 4 mil.
    Wasn't the gold cap raised for Legion? It could happen again, I suppose.

Don't think it'd be raised again so close, but eh. Still seems like they wouldn't go over 4 for a mount.

Better to keep it low so more people buy it, removing more gold

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by aeuhe4yxzhds View Post
    people who have the gold to buy the spider dont lose money. please stop spreading this superstition. tia

I'm hoping for a palanquin carried by goblins and gnomes. I'll pay out the nose for that.

Quote Originally Posted by aeuhe4yxzhds View Post
    Somebody's an economist in a high inflation nation.

Quote Originally Posted by Fummockelchen View Post
    people who have the gold to buy the spider dont lose money. please stop spreading this superstition. tia
    He's talking about removing gold from the economy. If Player A buys something from Player B that gold still exists in the economy. However, if Player A buys something from a vendor that gold is removed from the game entirely

10+ Year Old Account
    2.5m Ladybug mount.

A lot of that will depend on what sort of gold mine they give us - if they give us one at all.

Right now you can make over 2kg a day per character running follower missions. The phone app makes this even easier to do if you're juggling a lot of alts.

BfA they've stated that they don't want to have any order halls or class ships or anything like that. So without that I'm not sure they'll put in a gold sink for players to attempt as a goal.

Then again I did spend 500kg on a golden robot suit so eh?

It was raised primarily due to the MASSIVE gold influx WoD Garrisons were giving players.

The average Player with more than 2 chars doing their Garrison could easily pull in 1+ Million gold a month doing hardly anything. People actually utilizing their Garrison for gold making purposes with multiple chars could pull in 5+million a month. With this they needed to raise the Gold cap.

Now o days the average player is not making nearly as much. If you putt in the effort you can still bring in these numbers, but it requires actual effort now. Not logging in for 1-2 hours a day doing jack shit and swimming in gold.
    Last edited by c313; 2018-01-10 at 07:09 AM.

If that comically huge dinosaur becomes a playable mount I expect it to be at least 500k-1m. That'd put it between the army of the light mount and the "you'd have to be crazy rich to buy these" mad merchant items.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Chickat View Post
    2.5m Ladybug mount.
    Wouldnt pay that much for a ladybug mount, but def a crab mount.
    Hariuha laþu laukar gakar alu ole lule laukar

Quote Originally Posted by Powerogue View Post
    If that comically huge dinosaur becomes a playable mount I expect it to be at least 500k-1m. That'd put it between the army of the light mount and the "you'd have to be crazy rich to buy these" mad merchant items.
    And then a tiny mob attacks your back and that building sized mount goes *poof* and now you're on the ground and dazed.

When I consider buying the Lightforged warframe for example I think that mount is 50 dollars and then I don't buy it. The idea of gold = money makes me not want to spend any gold. If people see a mount for 10 million, it would essentially be (if $20 = 160k gold => $1250.. Who would buy a mount for $1,250??

Amazing how people got millions of gold, i can hardly break 100k lol
    Quote Originally Posted by Tennisace View Post
    In other countries like Canada the population has chosen to believe in hope, peace and tolerance. This we can see from the election of the Honourable Justin Trudeau who stood against the politics of hate and divisiveness.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Shibito View Post
    Amazing how people got millions of gold, i can hardly break 100k lol
    It's really just a small segment of the playerbase that does. The rest of us sit at 100k-500k most of the time. I usually scrape by enough for about 2 tokens at a time (without actually buying them).

10+ Year Old Account
    I haven't bought it and never will though, hope the next money sink will be worth the money instead. I purchased the Yak, and the Mammoth because they had a use. The Spider has nothing.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..