View Poll Results: Do you assume you are Older, Younger or the same age as random players?

Voters
389. This poll is closed
  • I assume I am the same age.

112 28.79%
  • I assume I am older.

183 47.04%
  • I assume I am younger.

43 11.05%
  • I never think on it.

51 13.11%
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    I'm 30 and I assume everyone is younger. Not necessarily numerically younger, but in regards to social media and internet presence, definitely younger than me. Doesn't effect who can raid with us, but something to keep in mind.

I am 22. I assume I am younger. Nearly everyone I meet is like 26+.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm 27. I feel average. Though I was always the youngest of my social circle- the guild I've been in for a decade, I am the youngest member. The next youngest is over a decade older.
    S (moderator)
    P (WoW Gen, Pets/Mog/Ach, Fun/Chat Zone)
    L (guidelines*)
    E (WoW gen rules*)
    N (my art*)
    D (Pikachu BEST Pokemon)
    A (Sensational™)

Deleted
    "I never think of it" Unless someone is a whiny teenager does it really matter? I think most of players are adults. Im 27 and Im in a guild for 8 years with guys and gals that range from 45-20 years old (although we only have one 20yo rest is 26+). It doesnt affect us in any way. We all come from the same country and some time ago we started doing IRL meetings once or twice a year with barbecue etc. to the point that when we meet we don't even talk about the game that much. Even guys that stopped playing WoW year or two ago still come by to have fun and drink.
    Last edited by mmoca74bc6d1ec; 2018-01-10 at 07:28 AM.

At 24 I assume most people are around the same age as me

Deleted
    Think the average age is around 40 at this point? So I definitely assume that I'm younger.

10+ Year Old Account
    Somewhere between here and the sick, twisted world inside my head
    I'm 30, and I tend to assume I'm older as most people I meet often acts like teens.

I'm 36 and I assume I am older than most people I meet but I am still younger than a lot of people in my guild.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's not really something I think about much, but the overwhelming majority of my guild is in their 40s or 50s. We might have <5 people under 35.*

I think my guild might represent close to the norm of the actual age of players. I don't think young people -- especially teenagers -- are interested in a 14 year old game that requires a monthly subscription, and it's much more likely that their parents would play than them. In fact, I seldom encounter players who are around university age in the game, which is funny to me since nearly everyone seems to assume that all the other players (except for themselves of course) are teenagers or early 20s. I think it's easily to just assume all the immature assholes you meet in the game are kids than accept that sometimes adults are immature assholes.

[* edit: actually no on the <5 under 35. I remembered that several people invited their teenaged kids to the guild, so we probably have closer to ten people under 35 now. Still not a lot and half of them are because the median age is older and not in spite of]
    Last edited by Tziva; 2018-01-10 at 07:44 AM.

for moderation questions/concerns, please contact a global:

TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

| twitch | bsky
    |

When I started playing, I felt like I was younger or around the same as other players (~13-14 yo), now that I'm 25, I was already the 2nd oldest in the guild by a significant margin, and the general age seems around 22 or so.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't assume anything about anyone's age in WoW, much less relative to mine.
    Appreciate your time with friends and family while they're here. Don't wait until they're gone to tell them what they mean to you.

I’m 34 but due to my extreme patience and ability to stay calm I usually feel like grandparent on WoW even though I know I’m probably surrounded by adults.

10+ Year Old Account
    I am 32 and been playing WoW since 2006 (AQ40 patch to be specific) and growing up playing video games since the 80s it's almost a culture in the family haha. I do think I am older than most when it comes to WoW but yeah I don't care about age in general.

I'm 18, and I've been playing since around when MoP came out. It feels really weird because I'm the youngest in my guild but most people I play with are 2-3 years older than me, so it's not too much of a big deal.

Jeez - I know I'm older than almost everyone I run into.

No need to assume

Challenge Mode : Play WoW like my disability has me play:
    You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.
    Now see how far Brian and John get in WoW.

7+ Year Old Account
    I'm 31 now, started playing back on day one of release, I assume I'm generally around the same age as other players I run into.
    Ryzen 3600X | MSI MPG X570 Gaming Edge Wi-fi | 16GB G.Skill FlareX 3200MHz | Sapphire Radeon RX 5700 XT Pulse | EVGA SuperNOVA 750W G3 Gold | NZXT Kraken X62 | 2TB Samsung 860 EVO | 1TB Samsung 860 EVO | 500GB Samsung 970 NVMe M.2 | 3x 27" HP Omen 165Hz 1Ms Latency

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by whynotchris View Post
    When you play the game, do you tend to assume everyone is either younger than, older than or the same age as you are? If you feel like commenting your answer + when you began playing, I'd be interested in seeing if there is a correlation.

- - - Updated - - -

I am 31 and began playing in late Vanilla. I assume I am older than random players I meet.
    well uhh... it changes from person to person, i assume older then me since im only 21.
    but sometimes im like "this person is obviously like 12"
    example
    "maw 13 lfm 920+" missing 2 dps and a tank
    2 minutes pass, missing 2 dps
    "hello? i would like to come along, im 948, done a fair amount of 14s, 15s, and 16s..."
    2 more minutes 1 missing dps "You still need a dps?" *Link argus meta acheivement* "Looking for like proof or something?"
    "expired"
    like whatever, if for some reason you REFUSE to bring someone
    either A. respond
    or B. decline, dont just leave them fucking hanging.
    that kinda person makes me think they are 12 and cant 2+2 is 4 -1 thats three quick mafs.
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Skyforge1 View Post
    At 24 I assume most people are around the same age as me
    I'm 25 and I have the same feeling. I feel more mature than many ppl in or above my age tho.
    Started playing in late TBC.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm 45, so I *know* I'm older than the majority..
    Fact (because I say so): TBC > Cata > Legion > ShaLa > MoP > DF > BfA > WoD = WotLK

My pet collection --> http://www.warcraftpets.com/collection/FuxieDK/

Herald of the Titans Amaterasu65's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    23, I assume around the age of most players.