Page 14 of 52 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    tetris and pong does not have goals though. and actuallty yes they do have things you need to earn
    you need to earn your victory in pong by outsmarting your opponent
    tetris you need to earn your points and your victory by playing the game, so yes you need to earn those

- - - Updated - - -

1. you dont get the armor if you "pay boost"
    2. "omfg leveling such a cash grab"
    btw dk required level 55 until legion
    demon hunter requires 100
    why dont you go make a forum complaining about them?

also lol really "having to unlock these races is literally lootcrates"

- - - Updated - - -

yes they have, you have to unlock it, and race changing or boosting wont get you the armor, you HAVE to level it to get the armor.

I've seen a few people mention you had to be 100 to get a DH, but Legion gave you a free 100 when you purchased. I think from a marketing perspective, the allied races are the big feature this expansion. It seems silly of Blizzard to lock it behind a rep/story grind of the previous expansion. I think if it were a level thing it wouldn't be nearly as bad for new/returning players as these requirements. If it were locked behind something in the current expansion, like the Zandalari and Dark Iron will be, I would say that is fine too. I understand from a Blizzard story perspective, and I actually think it's neat that people that already meet these requirements will get the races immediately. However, the people that keep the lights on are the casuals, and they may be turned off by this.

Before I get flamed, I don't really care about the requirements because I got them all a while ago.

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of the mighty moose, polar bears and fika.
    Ugh, I have to do stuff to get stuff in an MMO? The nerve of these devs.

Seems like Blizzard can't really add anything that takes more than 3 hours to accomplish, or the ARPG players will be upset.
    Last edited by MasterHamster; 2018-01-10 at 08:07 AM.
    Active WoW player Jan 2006 - Aug 2020
    Occasional WoW Classic Andy since.
    Nothing lasts forever, as they say.
    But at least I can casually play Classic and remember when MMORPGs were good.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aggrophobic View Post
    Yeah, they said you had to level to get the armor but where did they say you needed to unlock anything to race change?
    I'd love a link to that statement.
    they implied it during blizzcon, finding a hard bluepost is rough though.
    but it only makes sense you will need to unlock them to race change to them. as well you need to unlock cataclysm to race change to a worgen

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by spookyspooky View Post
    I've seen a few people mention you had to be 100 to get a DH, but Legion gave you a free 100 when you purchased. I think from a marketing perspective, the allied races are the big feature this expansion. It seems silly of Blizzard to lock it behind a rep/story grind of the previous expansion. I think if it were a level thing it wouldn't be nearly as bad for new/returning players as these requirements. If it were locked behind something in the current expansion, like the Zandalari and Dark Iron will be, I would say that is fine too. I understand from a Blizzard story perspective, and I actually think it's neat that people that already meet these requirements will get the races immediately. However, the people that keep the lights on are the casuals, and they may be turned off by this.

Before I get flamed, I don't really care about the requirements because I got them all a while ago.
    thing is
    A. people allready did legion, and well now they own the allied races
    or
    B. they havent done legion, and well thats new content for them! time to unlock the allied races
    so really, there is no one "having to do content they have allready done before and is old news"
    old content that people havent done yet is still new content to them
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

they implied it during blizzcon, finding a hard bluepost is rough though.
    but it only makes sense you will need to unlock them to race change to them. as well you need to unlock cataclysm to race change to a worgen
    Yes, you clearly need to buy the expansion just like with the Cata races but this time around you need to do old content in order to creat one.
    The question was, do you need that old content to race change.

So far, there is nothing that hints towards that.

7+ Year Old Account
    Yes, you clearly need to buy the expansion just like with the Cata races but this time around you need to do old content in order to creat one.
    The question was, do you need that old content to race change.

So far, there is nothing that hints towards that.
    yes, blizzard themselves did, they never confirmed, but hinted at needing to unlock the race to race change to it.
    also its better to assume the more ordinary thing the the extraordinary thing.
    be logical, assume "hey it will obviously be locked behind the requirements"
    instead of the illogical conclusion of "no it wont"

from PC gamer, i assume from their interview
    "You'll be able to pay to change your race to one of these once they're unlocked, and you can also pay to boost their level, so you don't have to start over from scratch with a new character. Those who do, however, will unlock a special set of Heritage Armor at level 110 tailored to each race's aesthetic."

Mirror
    "You'll be able to pay to change your race to one of these once they're unlocked, and you can also pay to boost their level, so will have a little bit of a leg up there."
    Last edited by FelPlague; 2018-01-10 at 08:18 AM.

yes, blizzard themselves did, they never confirmed, but hinted at needing to unlock the race to race change to it.
    also its better to assume the more ordinary thing the the extraordinary thing.
    be logical, assume "hey it will obviously be locked behind the requirements"
    instead of the illogical conclusion of "no it wont"

from PC gamer, i assume from their interview
    "You'll be able to pay to change your race to one of these once they're unlocked, and you can also pay to boost their level, so you don't have to start over from scratch with a new character. Those who do, however, will unlock a special set of Heritage Armor at level 110 tailored to each race's aesthetic."

Mirror
    "You'll be able to pay to change your race to one of these once they're unlocked, and you can also pay to boost their level, so will have a little bit of a leg up there."
    Well, thats hardly from Blizzard but if that turns out to be true it doesn't change the fact that you need to go back to old content to access one of the main selling points of the new expansion.
    The idea is stupid however they decide to do it in the end.

Now, it won't affect me but still. So stupid.

7+ Year Old Account
    Well, thats hardly from Blizzard but if that turns out to be true it doesn't change the fact that you need to go back to old content to access one of the main selling points of the new expansion.
    The idea is stupid however they decide to do it in the end.

Now, it won't affect me but still. So stupid.
    yeah man and remeber how death knights you went straight to northrend!? yeah cool right.

and again since you cant read
    content you havent done yet is not "old" cause you have not done it yet.
    those who have done it have done it and earned it
    those who havent done it, it is new content to them, new content they can explore

"FUCKING HELL I JUST BOUGHT WOW FOR THE FIRST TIME AND I NEED TO PLAY THIS MISTS OF PANDARIA SHIT? ITS SO OLD I REMEMBER IT ALL LIKE IT WAS YESTERDAY, SHIT EXPANSION EVEN THOUGH I NEVER PLAYED IT"

since when has earning something in a video game been "so stupid"

the raids are advertised on the box, should people instantly get full 120 of every class and full gear so they can raid without having to earn it too?

Deleted
    U guys are the first to cry when we unlock everything in a second. The exalted limit is INTENDED. To avoid tons of sub races. Sub races are a BONUS, not an actual race. It's a reward for rep grinding. Like a mount.

Hey nether drake was the main flagship of BC right ? :shrug:

Do you consider buying an expansion but having to earn the new max level, new gear, achievements, etc the same thing? Cause that's what they are. You have to earn them. You're just buying access into them, but you can't access them until you meet a requirement. (E.g level 110 to enter the new zones, level 120 to enter the new raids)

Deleted
    What if they come with the pre-patch?

Quote Originally Posted by Daemos daemonium View Post
    How dare people have to play the game to get cosmetic bonuses. What next can’t I not get all the mounts instantly for free?
    I get your point but having to grind rep from a previous xpac doesnt really seem a great way to unlock 1 of the main features of a new xpac... of course it fits that you need high mountain rep to unlock high mountain tauren... Probably would have been better if they just made you finish the main story line quest achievement for high mountain if they were going to make you do old content at all.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Fuze View Post
    You literally get Rep tokens for 750/1.5k Rep casually doing missions....
    They appear at random and infrequently; I don't log in every hour to check if those are up. I've seen those missions maybe five times? It still takes a really long time for a casual player

Quote Originally Posted by Wallmaker Yahzarah View Post
    Not really... I just play the content with structured approach.
    https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/ch...lig/reputation

welp... played. on a break atm. going on 2-3mo now.
    A structered route can still a long one, however look, I don't/didn't mind the amount of time it took when it was current, but locking expansion features behind old content like this is stupid, so I don't think this rep gating will stay when BFA launches

Quote Originally Posted by Noyel View Post
    U guys are the first to cry when we unlock everything in a second. The exalted limit is INTENDED. To avoid tons of sub races. Sub races are a BONUS, not an actual race. It's a reward for rep grinding. Like a mount.

Yeah, it is not like allied races are the expansion's major feature, right? and yes, I remember the netherdrakes being the star in the TBC announcement. They totally weren't added in a later patch or anything
    Last edited by mmoc5d54ba8d79; 2018-01-10 at 10:56 AM.

I don't mind too much. It's something that most players have done through Legion questing. Highmountain Tauren are the easiest by far, so I find it a bit of an odd advantage that you'd need to be max level (and do patch content) to get Nightborne, Lightforged, and Void Elves. But, it still wouldn't take much time at all for people that didn't do that Legion content.

I think it should be stated that Allied Races are meant to be a selling point of the expansion - they certainly are for me. It's unlike how the character model updates were talked about as a selling point for WoD, but you didn't need the expansion to benefit from it. Zandalari and Dark Irons are earned through achievements and questing in BfA zones as well, so those are entirely BfA content.

I can't remember where/when, but I want to say that quite a while ago Blizzard spoke about wanting to make subraces obtainable through achievements, perhaps back in MoP. During WoD's development, there were achievement icons that resembled the player orcs, but they were brown. At the time, it confirmed it for people that if they did add subraces, they would need to be unlocked before being able to play as them. So, for me, this doesn't come as a surprise, or unfair in any way for BfA.
    3 hints to surviving MMO-C forums:
    1.) If you have an opinion, someone will say that it is wrong
    2.) If you have a source, there will be people who refuse to believe it
    3.) If you use logic, it will be largely ignored
    btw: Spires of Arak = Arakkoa.

Quote Originally Posted by Martymark View Post
    I think 10 hours of work at 120 seems reasonable to unlock a new race. Asking new players to get Nightborn with their 160 quests, follower quest roadblocks, and world quest roadblocks could be more like weeks even if hard grinding. That's too much. (I have every rep at exalted personally).
    I don't think playing Nightfallen to Exalted actually takes 10 hours, even at 110. It's not timegated anymore and with mediocre gear you can breeze through it.

It seems many people think, that everything in the game should be obtainable by throwing money around.
    "It's just like I always said! You can do battle with strength, you can do battle with wits, but no weapon can beat a great pair of tits!"

Quote Originally Posted by Bamboozler View Post
    You don't get legendaries just for purchasing the game, do you?
    Quote Originally Posted by Ranganathan View Post
    Basically, yes. You get them after completing one rather simple quest...almost instantly when you get to the new Legion content (after the now skippable intro scenario, of course). So about 30-45 minutes into a two-year long expansion, tops.
    Can you link the legendary you got 30 minutes into Legion?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Snorlax View Post
    Bullshit. Theyve always said new zones as a feature and those weren't instantly available. Same goes for flying, raids, etc.
    Wrong???? When you buy the expansion you get a free 110. A new player can simply get to the new zones any time he wishes. There is no advertised raids on release in any trailers.

A new player thinking he can play a moose will be disappointed finding out he needs to grind for a few weeks to get his moose man.

Quote Originally Posted by Bamboozler View Post
    But what if when you bought those expansions you needed to have questlines done from the previous to have them. For example, you bought WoD, but couldn't start the Garrison without having finished 3 zones in MoP and hit exalted on 3 reputations. That's the difference here.
    Content is content. For these hypothetical new players you keep bringing up, all the content will be new. And until I see one of these imagined new players, they are unicorns, they are strawmen. This is just another flimsy excuse to whine about having to earn stuff ingame. This is just "no flying reee" 2.0.

5+ Year Old Account
    It wont feel weird for someone actively playing Legion (passively acquired all the exalted statuses before this announcement) but feels weird in general because there's only been level gating for 'exclusive' features (death knight, demon hunter.) Getting nubs access to new content as it drops makes everyone feel like they're on the same page again (which is why new expacs are so fun. It was a nice part of tbc / cata / mists. Bloodelves everywhere. Pandas everywhere.)

But they explicitly said @ Blizzcon that the allied races start at level 20, as they expect you to be a 'seasoned' player at that point. And a chunk of the new races had a strong presence in Legion storywise (Highmountain, Suramar... it's basically the big introductions.) I was wondering why they wouldn't start at a higher level, but the zone scaling is a feature i do want to try and clearly Blizz is giving us the opportunity to check it out.

I just feel bad for people who are joining in on the party late and don't experience Legion while it's relevant (atleast farming argussan reach rep right now gives you AP / argenite / BoA's to send to alts.. etc..). It just gonna feel shitty for late comers (1 shotting legion content at 120, occasionally seeing someone else who got to the rep grind late...)

Quote Originally Posted by Noyel View Post

Hey, retard, why do you put a TBC mount earned via TBC gameplay on the same level as allied races - a BfA feature for which you need to grind Legion shit?
    Also a random ass mount, one of many that every expansion has plenty of, compared to a major feature - just open the official website, allied races is the first thing that pops up, nowhere claiming you will need to play Legion for a decent time if you didn't in advance.

This applies to pretty much every other retard above, comparing BfA allied races acces via previous expansion to mounts or raid access - yes, it would be the same IF you would need to say clear all Hellfire Citadel and do all the stupid reps in Tanaan in order to access Emerald Nightmare.